Not secured enough for us

This is a nice community and the staff did a very good job on our tour, they took us all around, the rooms were spacious, there were a lot of amenities for the residents we just did not feel that it would be secure enough for my mother-in-law. I would recommend taking the tour here.

Beautiful old building with lots of charm. Wish it was in a nicer neighborhood and a little closer to us.

Overview

Friendly staff, well maintained facility, seems efficient enough. Little overbearing on medical issues.

A nice place for mom

A great community. And the rooms and grounds are well kept up and the staff is on top of things.
The food is great and a variety. My mom loves the many activities she participates in, and a great choice of things to keep her busy. Excellent and friendly staff. We recommend this community to others and loved ones.

Answered Prayer!

Finding this facility was an absolute blessing! My father had limited resources and wasn't at all happy about moving into assisted living, but after a very short time at the Argyle, I can honestly say he is thriving! Every single person we have come in contact with, from the Marketing Director, to the front desk receptionists to the caregivers and Q-maps, they all show the same care, patience and genuine love for what they are doing, and it shows! He raves about the food, and the facility is absolutely charming. Finally, I have to thank Sheila at "A Place for Mom" for providing information about the Argyle. I had not found this facility in my own searches, and was becoming desperate to find the perfect place!

Affordable

So far Mom likes it there and really likes the food. All the caretakers are very friendly and helpful. We haven't had any problems.

Our experience with the Argyle was terrible. I moved my parents in and within the first two weeks someone [removed] items from out of my mom's nightstand drawer. We complained and nothing was ever done, no apologies, no follow up. I was told I would be given two weeks notice when I needed to order new medicines for my dad. Numerous times I received a call that he was completely out!! With Parkinson's disease it is critical not to run out of medication! The food was terrible, they had bed bugs, the bus was always broke down so they had to cancel outings on numerous occasions. Needless to say, moving them out was the best thing we did. You get what you pay for, they may be affordable, but it wasn't worth it.

Didn't care for surrounding area, but...

Didn't care for surrounding area, but the building was nice and interesting. May be too large a community for Dad. No kitchen facilities in rooms. Visited on a hot day and the temperature inside was very inconsistant. The director seemed a little odd.

A history rich in caring for the Denver community first started in 1872 when the Ladies Relief Society established a home for the elderly. Their foresight and determination to serve the community is exemplified today in how The Argyle Senior Living Community continues to meet the changing healthcare and financial needs of the senior population.

The Argyle’s mission and philosophy have remained strong for more than a century; supporting core values such as promoting independent living, freedom of choice and individual preference, and respect for the way each resident chooses to live.

Housing options include independent subsidized apartments for low-income seniors, and assisted living and nursing services. Operated as a private, non-profit residence, The Argyle is known as a reputable business residents and families have trusted for quality care for more than 130 years.