Poorly managed facility and reeks of old musty urine and feces.

This facility is poorly managed. The facilities are very dated. (late 1970's) The smell of old urine and feces permeate the facility. I would never admit a loved one to this facility. The Marketing Director [Removed] that toured us, was very rude and had a very condescending attitude. If she is the face of this facility, they should truly reconsider this.

Dangerous ! The Worst 2016

an absolute hell hole with battery and abuse by the staff on the elderly and in firmed in their care, no one should be left at this facility, it is dangerous medically and they prey on the weak and unable to create fear and aggression, they twist the residents into fearful puppets who are neglected medically, failure to treat, failure to diagnose, failure to provide residents with factual insurance information, stating all residents don't want to know what they have a right to have from their insurance, it is a disgrace, abusive and neglect facility, without question, take your resident and run for your but mostly their life. OVERALL DISGRACE TO ANY HUMAN BEING>
Left my mother to die in a wheel chair had we not walked in on a sunday morning ... staff are ill trained and the lowest who can not get jobs at other facilities,

The truth!

Very poor as of 2016!

Thank you for helping me to find a place for my aunt. She is now settled in and seems happy with her environs.

Mediocre

Well I honestly think that the Immanuel Campus of Care is really just a mediocre facility at best. The place is not good, but it is also not bad. That goes for the entire place, everything about it is in the middle.

Drove by and impromptu bisit. Not very clean and facility is very old and not well maintained. 65 residents. Vince was very helpful in financial aid info.

Quiet and peaceful

It really put my mind at ease knowing that my mother is in good hands and in a safe place. The staff are friendly and caring. It is very quiet and peaceful. I love that dining is not required and you can pay as you go. I paid for 20 meals at a time knowing that my mother preferred her own meals but wanted to give her the option of socializing at the dining hall. It is a very affordable place and with her limited income it is a god send to have a place for her that was suitable. The kitchen is a perfect size and she has her own bedroom. They do offer activities and transportation to various stores. There is a monitor system in place so that if something were to happen she can press the button on her lanyard to alert for help-puts me at ease. The only suggestion would be that it could use a new coat of paint as far as the outside buildings and wooden rails. Other than that I am so grateful for the Gardens at Immanuel and its staff. The residents are all very nice and seem happy and content.

I really liked this senior living campus. The fact that the bathroom was not in the bedroom was a big plus. I am seriously considering living here.

Everyone is so helpful and friendly,will let you know more after I have been here a while

happy

I was really happy with how quick we were able to get into the facility, and how well they explained everything to us.

I do wish that they were better about proactively encouraging grandmother to get involved in the activities. They have some good activities, but she is hesitant to get involved on her own.

Watermark Ambassador

Thanks so much for your positive feedback. We’d be happy to give some gentle encouragement here and there. Please give me a call to discuss her interests and we’ll make sure she feels extra welcome at a few programs. She’ll be actively joining the fun on her own in no time. I look forward to hearing from you.

Sincerely,
Leah Shaler, Executive Director
[removed] ext. 636

They have have been great.

They have have been great. They have a really friendly staff, one even came and brought me a new microwave. If I get a package they will even offer to bring it to me. Before I moved in I heard that they had a bad reputation, I am not sure why. I know that they recently acquired new management, maybe that has helped. I am in the independent living, and from my perspective, everything has been going great and the other residents are very friendly and happy. I would give them a good recommendation. The food is pretty decent, there have been a few things I didn't like, but there are always alternatives.

Outstanding

I moved here on Saturday, and Monday was taken to the hospital for emergency major surgery. The people here have been wonderful about letting a friend in everyday to care for my cat, and assisting me since I have been home. Several things needed fixing, and it was all done promptly and completely. I cannot comment on the food, because I do my own cooking. But my apartment is spacious, and has a balcony with a lovely view of the mountains. Everything I requested before I moved was done, so the apartment was clean and ready for the move. A wonderful place, with lots of activities, at a reasonable price.

No Worries

What helped me make this the decision is the simple fact that “Immanuel” is a complete care center for all different levels of care that may be required. The people are friendly and the facility is clean. I am relaxed knowing that my family member is in good hands. No worries they are very good.

Very large and this facility seemed t...

Very large and this facility seemed to have lots to offer. Especially with the different units- Long-term Care, Assisted Care, Alzheimer's, and Independent living units. The tour guide was friendly and informative. The independent living apartments were spacious, clean and free of odors. The price range was reasonable, but I am concerned about the location of the dining area and too my father if her were to take a unit in the independent living area. Since it is located across a parking lot and it appeared only accessable from the outside

Sounds really nice, outdoor courtyard...

Sounds really nice, outdoor courtyards from units. Memory care facility with outdoor gated access. Paid for by ALTCS.

Very nice campus, and close to my hom...

Very nice campus, and close to my home. It seemed to have everything that my my would need. This is one that I am currently considering.

Older facility. Nice people.

Older facility. Nice people.

Immanuel is a wonderful place that I ...

Immanuel is a wonderful place that I will be calling home Monday!

Nice place.

Nice place.

Older facility - poor ratings, but un...

Older facility - poor ratings, but under new management. Things should improve

When you think of retirement living, what do you see? If cookie-cutter apartments, quiet hallways, bland food and stereotypical activities come to mind, then think again. Over twenty years of experience have taught us that today’s seniors want more choices and are leading a more active lifestyle than generations before. One visit will shatter your expectations.

How do we do it? We start with an environment of choice. You’ll find a great variety of living options from affordable studio apartments to spacious two-bedroom suites in a truly residential atmosphere, with fantastic cuisine, fun and creative events. And if you need a little bit of assistance, we’ll deliver it right to your door. Here, you’ll flourish, thrive and be empowered to express your true self, in an environment unlike anything you’d expect.

---Did you know that Immanuel Campus of accepts state and federal assistance programs such as ALTCS? Give us a call to find out if you Qualify!---

City Info

Peoria, AZ is centrally located, only 13 miles from the capital city of Phoenix. In July 2008, Money magazine listed Peoria in its Top 100 Places to Live. With 300 days of sunshine, ample parks, trails, entertainment and amenities, Peoria's current identity is more connected to resort and leisure living than it is to its evolution as a western suburb of Phoenix. This type of luxury lifestyle mirrors that in the northeast Valley, which gave rise to Peoria.
⦁ Seniors comprise 15.2% of the population, and the average age is 39.
⦁ This is an affluent area, with less than 10% living below the poverty line and a median income over $58,000.
⦁ The weather is mild, except for summer, with little rain. Winter temperatures range from 41 to 68 F. Spring temperatures reach 54 to 86 F. In summer, heat can get as high as 108 F. Fall temperatures can cool down to 59 F and rise as much as 90 F. Annual precipitation in Peoria is 9 inches.
⦁ With a walk score of 29, Peoria's walkability could be a real challenge, though some places are accessible on foot.
⦁ There are 5 other senior assisted living facilities in the 85345 zip code.
⦁ Veterans have a couple to access points: West Valley Veterans Center, 14050 N. 83rd Avenue, Suite 170 and Veterans of Foreign Wars Center, John J Morris Post 62, 9847 W Desert Cove Ave. There is also an American Legion down the block from the VFW facility.

Transportation

The street system of Peoria is based on the traditional grid system in Phoenix, with most roads oriented either north-south or east-west. Public transportation is offered via the Valley Metro System bus, which has limited on-call disabled persons' transportation. There is no train or subway service, so there is a heavy reliance on personal cars for getting around.
⦁ The nearest large commercial airport is Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport, approximately a 30-minute drive from Downtown Phoenix.
⦁ Peoria has multiple bus routes included as part of the Valley Metro system.
⦁ Dial-a-Ride service is available for those with disabilities
⦁ Peoria's Park-and-Ride facility, located at 8403 W Washington St, offers connections to Valley Metro bus routes.
⦁ Uber and Lyft are both available in Peoria and for rides to and from nearby Phoenix.

Health & Safety

There are several hospitals, medical facilities, and specialized care within 5 miles of Immanuel Campus. Crimes are mostly property crimes and misdemeanors than violent crimes and happen closer to college campuses. This means the immediate neighborhood is relatively secure.
⦁ Nearby Hospitals - St. Joseph’s Westgate Medical Center, 7300 N 99th Ave; Arrowhead Hospital; and Dignity Health Medical Group AZ - Peoria Primary Care, 7727 W Deer Valley Rd Ste 210.
⦁ Primary Care Facility Nearby - Sunshine Health Care Center, 13660 N 94th Dr., Suite C-4.
⦁ Multiple Specialists Nearby - Cigna Medical Group, 13991 W Grand Ave #105 and Walgreens Healthcare Clinic 15490 W Bell Rd.
⦁ Nearby Dentists - Sun City Dental Care, PLLC, 10147 W Grand Ave; SunWest Dental Centers; and Arizona Dental Care, 10659 Grand Ave Ste#4
⦁ Nearby Podiatrist Services - AARA Podiatry, 10503 W Thunderbird Blvd; Peoria AZ Foot Doctor & Ankle Podiatrist, 13660 North 94th Drive, Suite F1.
⦁ The crime ranking is 33, making Peoria safer than 33% of US cities. The chance of becoming a victim of a violent crime is 1 in 605 in Peoria and 1 in 244 in Arizona.

Sports, Leisure & Culture

Sports fans have a lot of choices, both in Peoria and a short drive away. There are three major sports franchises based in nearby Phoenix: NBA - Phoenix Suns; MLB - Arizona Diamondbacks (Phoenix); and NFL - Arizona Cardinals (Tempe). Spring training has a long history in Peoria. From the late 1970s to 1990, Peoria's Greenway Sports Complex served as a minor-league training facility for the Milwaukee Brewers baseball team.
⦁ Peoria is home to Lake Pleasant Regional Park , a large water recreation area housing campgrounds and offering a variety of fishing and boating activities.
⦁ Peoria Sports Complex , spring training site for both the Seattle Mariners and San Diego Padres.
⦁ Peoria Historical Society Museum.
⦁ Pioneer Arizona Living History Museum (nearby Phoenix).
⦁ Deer Valley Rock Art Center (nearby Phoenix).
⦁ Peoria Swimming Pool, 11200 N 83rd Ave.
⦁ Hike, bike or jog along the New River Trail .

Shopping & Entertainment

There are many indoor and outdoor shopping centers within 5 miles of the Immanuel Campus, including indoor traditional malls, for both shopping and mall-walking, several outdoor strip malls, and an outlet mall shopping center nearby in Glendale. Each of the shopping centers has a mix of fast-casual dining, chain eateries, and independent restaurants, for variety. There are a few movie theaters, as well.
⦁ Peoria Public Library, 8463 West Monroe.
⦁ Nearby Restaurants - Donutsville Cafe & Bakery, 8275 W Lake Pleasant Pkwy #107; The Cheesecake Factory - 16134 N. 83rd Ave.; Buca di Beppo - 16091 N. Arrowhead Fountains Ctr Dr.
⦁ Located in the Peoria 83 (P83) Entertainment District, Arizona Broadway Theatre is a professional fine dining theater performing highly acclaimed Broadway shows.
⦁ The Peoria Center for the Performing Arts, located in the city’s Old Town area, is the stage home of Theater Works , a nationally recognized community theater.
⦁ Arrowhead Shopping Center is the nearest strip mall at 9816 W Peoria Ave.
⦁ Outlet shopping is within easy driving distance at Tanger Outlets, 6800 N 95th Ave.

Religious Facilities

The population of Peoria is diverse, and the religious facilities reflect that. These are not all of the religious centers, but merely a sampling.
⦁ United Church of Sun City, 11250 N 107th Ave #105.
⦁ Lakeview United Methodist Church, 10298 W Thunderbird Blvd.
⦁ The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, 13014 N 108th Ave.
⦁ Church Of The Nazerene , 14636 N Del Webb Blvd.
⦁ Temple Beth Shalom, 12202 N 101st Ave.
⦁ Temple Beit Chadash: House of New Beginnings, 10730 W Union Hills Dr.