The Fairmont - Manassas, VA

Gratitude to A Place for Mom

From my first visit to check out the Fairmont for my mother, i knew this was the place for her! The staff was very kind, informative, and attentive to all my questions. Since my mother has moved in, she has become so much happier than when she lived in her large single-family home. Everyone at The Fairmont is cheerful, Kind, and attentive to all the residents. Fresh flowers always greet anyone who walks in the door. Numerous brochures and announcements for upcoming events are posted in the foyer and elevator enticing residents to participate. There is always something going on! I would never have known about the Fairmont if it hadn’t been introduced to me from A Placr for Mom. Thank you!

Delightful facility, delightful food, delightful people! Enjoyed meeting [name removed] and [name removed]. My Chicken Florentine was delicious😊 and the service was amazing. Loved the layout... felt like a very nice hotel with delightful meeting areas. We will give this facility serious consideration 😁 ~ Thanks [name removed], for all your patience, help and kindness, you are wonderful to work with ~

Excellent tour, nice facility with lots of light. We-maintained. We saw very few residents (perhaps because our tour was at 10am) but those we saw spoke well of the facility.

Holiday Marketing

Hi there! Thanks for taking the time to let us know about your tour of The Fairmont. We aim to help older independent people live better and hope that we can help you with this too! Please let us know if you have any questions or require any assistance. We hope to see you soon!

This is a quaint place - not the lifestyle mom is looking for. I'm sure it is a wonderful place for some, but it is showing is age in decor and amenities.

Enjoyed the tour today. Staff is friendly, facility is clean and well kept.

Mom is Doing Well In This Community

My mother is doing well here in this community. I do feel comfortable with her move to this facility. Everything is working out well great. The staff is kind, and friendly. She is pleased with the meals, and all is well for her in this community. This is a community I would recommend, it is working out well for us.

Great experience!!

The staff at this community where very friendly to my loved one and I during our of the facility. They made sure to give us a detail look there property and provide us with lots of great information of everything they had to offer. The floor plan was open and had a wide hall way for all the residents. It was just not the right location in the end decision for my mother.

The Fairmont is Manassas

This is a small, well-run facility. My mother's new (2-bedroom) apartment is very well laid out, very comfortable and clean. The staff is very friendly and attentive and it's an overall nice community. The meals we've had have been quite nice with a fair variety of selections. Because of the small community size, there is not as expansive listing of activities as in the larger communities -- a trade-off one makes. The monthly fee includes all meals (and the kitchen area in the apartment is dorm-size, no oven; not intended for cooking) and utilities. Only a landline phone would not be included. A very nice included amenity is the emergency pendant, which works like OnStar in your automobile. There are daily shuttle options for shopping or banking or medical appointments.

Excellent residence, great location, caring staff!

The Fairmont has made my father's experience of moving into a new community, after living in my prior condo for over 30 years and at over 90 years old, a pleasant and comfortable transition. Not an easy task! I really appreciate the care and support as well as the responsiveness of the managers and staff! They have a great team and I can't say enough about all that each of them has done to welcome him. Thanks so much for your help in finding The Fairmont!

Review of The Fairmont - Manassas, VA

This place is amazing. It gave me the sense of being in a nice resort hotel. Staff and folks living there very friendly and welcoming. I loved that the sales coordinator knew the names of all the residents we passed by and they also knew his name. Thats a very good indication of the atmosphere of this place.

We have found a place for mom!

November 27, 2015

we have found “A Place for Mom”!!

Ron and I toured The Fairmont, in Manassas, VA. We were both very pleased with what we saw and heard. We also brought our mother out to the retirement community for her to see it and to get her feeling and opinion. We also had the opportunity to have lunch at their dining facility, with which we also had a very pleasant experience. We met and spoke with Jed Tucker. He was very easy to communicate with and more than willing to answer any of our questions. As an Independent Living Community, we were all pleased with the entire facility and the environment. So much so, that we signed a lease with this community for our mother, with Jed! Our mother was very pleased with the surroundings as there was much to like about the entire community.

Thank you so much for all your help and patience and for all the information you have provided. Your assistance was very helpful and informative to both my brother and I, as we transitioned our mother into a retirement community. We are both very appreciative of your support and assistance.

On behalf of my brother, Ron, and myself, and my mother, thanks again for all you valuable assistance.

We are very happy with them so far.

We are very happy with them so far. I would give them a 4.9. I think their activities are geared toward an older crowd and I think adding a few more active activities would be the only suggestion.

Looking for a home for Mom!

I met with Jed Tucker and immediately felt very comfortable to tell him why I was visiting The Faimont. He was a good listener and very helpful. The next week he kept in touch to make sure that I understood the process of coming to the Home. I chose not to act immediately, if and when I am ready to make a move this is where I will feel at home. I want to thank A Home For Mom for having a place like The Fairmont.

Loved it. Felt like an extended stay hotel combined with a senior club.

Wonderful place!

We're very pleased with how things have gone at The Fairmont! The facility is gorgeous, it has a very sunny, cheerful feel. I like the layout of the community, it has a central atrium and the apartment wings branch off in an X pattern, which means the atrium area is always filled with people passing through, doing activities, and socializing. The staff is welcoming, friendly, and professional. I especially like the activities director! Mom is a very active person, and she's been able to keep herself as busy as she likes! They also do a great job with the food! I would highly recommend this place, we're very pleased with it!

Fairmont Manassas

We just moved Mom in this past weekend so it's kind of early to give a complete review. Initial impressions are good. The management is very helpful and eager to please and make Mom comfortable. There was a gift basket in the apartment filled with very useful items. It made us feel like they really welcomed Mom. Everyone, from the residents to the wait staff in the dining room to both managing couples, is very friendly. The apartment ( a deluxe efficiency) was move-in ready. So far - so good!

85 and Over

Nice Staff. Food is not so
Great.

Holiday Retirement

Hi Dee Dee - I'm Katie, I work at Holiday Reitrment's Home Office. Thanks for writing a sincere review. I sent your feedback onto our Resident Relations department.

Don't hesitate to reach out or call them directly if you think of anything else you'd like to add. Their number is [removed].

Thanks,
Katie

The staff is very friendly and extremely helpful. They do their best to encourage residents to participate in various activities. The staff seems to genuinely care about their residents and we are pleased to have chosen this facility for my parents.

Awesome Retirement Home

I have been placed in charge of my uncle who has alzheimers .
I am so thankful to have found the Fairmont. They have been greatfor my uncle . I have been so pleased with the retirement home. I cant speak highly enoughof the managers . They are awesome I watch themwith my uncle and with other residents. If there has ever been a problem
they tend to it right away.
If you have any questions about the care they give . You can contact me [removed]

Have lived here 6 years and I love it!

Very clean friendly staff

We went for a tour and it was so clean and beautiful! We signed a lease and I cant wait to move in. Thank you A Place For Mom for the recommendation of The Fairmont.

Highly recommend management made a difference

We toured The Fairmont last week. We were happily surprised at how clean and happy the residents were. My dad had several residents sit with him during the complimentary meal. This was really helpful as they seemed so happy and had been living there 6 years. I cant wait for my dad to sell his home in Phoenix so he can be down the street from us! We signed a lease with a move-in in March. Christopher (manager) is what really makes it, he was so friendly and helpful. I highly recommend.

They Made Christmas Special for Me

The staff is so nice at The Fairmont. I was all alone for Christmas and they invited me to spend Christmas with them. I made some new friends with Anne and Pat. I was so happy they thought of me or I would have been all alone.

Love the Executive Chef!

The food is amazing!

Lots of Activities

Mom needs medical care 24/7 so it wasn't a good fit. I wish we had discovered this place when mom was still independent. The travel program was pretty cool.

Very nice people!

We had never toured a retirement community. Everyone was involved in different activities. Loved it but they had a waiting list and we needed something fast. Mom was living with us and not happy or eating well. Had a meal and loved the food. Would recommend.

Mom Loves The Fairmont (Praise God!) LOL

My mom is in The Fairmont. I like it overall. I like what it provides for the money. It is a nice place in a nice area, and it meets her needs. Everything is fine.

It is very catering. It is like a home community. The key staff lives on site. They are there 24/7, and they go out of their way to accommodate the residents and make you feel you're in like a real community home. They provide very personalized service.

They assign a mentor to each newcomer to the facility to help people acclimate and settle in. They introduce them to people and help them get used to the activities and show them around. I have no complaints whatsoever.

They are over and above. We ordered a new TV for my mom, and when my sister went there to install it and hook up the cable, one of guys in the office did that for her. They do everything, and they are very accommodating. It is a reasonable and affordable place.

Mom loves the activities

Mom loves the activity director Lisa she is always doing something fun!!! Managers are very outgoing and really have a heart for seniors. **Waiting list to get in so that was kinda of a challenge at first... worth the wait.. MOM Happy :-)

Food is excellent made by executive chef!

I was was really impressed with our tour. The managers were so helpful Chris showed me around the community. I really enjoyed being able to visit with residents whom we had lunch with. It was so much more than we were thinking. They are 100% full so it takes about two months to be able to get an apartment. The executive Chef Kevin is amazing he came to our table and shared the different menu choices!

Order from a menu with 5 choices, waiters and waitresses in tux shirts... fine dinning at its best. Meals are included in rent.

**Highly recommend

Excellent staff and great value. I highly recommend.

Live in managers really make a difference!

My mother has been living at The Fairmont for years now. The new management team is really amazing. Christopher and Kellie Shearer have brought a real since of excitment to the community. Things were kinda boring for my mom. The new managers realized this and switched the activity director which is now Lisa Bryant she loves the residents. Lisa's mom is actually one of the residents so she really cares. She takesthe residents on fun trips and fun activities. My mom is never in her apartment and has made many new friends since Lisa has become involved. Ron and Sherri Koopman are the other managers, Sherri is soo nice and Ron is realyy funny and loves to tell jokes and host the events.

I highly reccomend but there is usually a waiting list for apartments so I would call for availability.

Such a nice and friendly place. Love ...

Such a nice and friendly place. Love the activities, food and fun staff.

The Fairmont at Manassas wa...

The Fairmont at Manassas was my second Facility Tour. I guess I should have researched better before going because I was under the assumption this was Assisted Living/Retirement but it is ONLY Retirement and if a resident has a Medical Issue, the Staff only calls 911, no Medical Assistance. If you are requiring someone just to check on your loved one to make sure they didn't loose their balance and fall, this is not the place. I spent 2 1/2 hours talking to the Community Sales Leader then a brief tour. I was there during lunch, but by the time we did the tour, lunch was over so I did not get a chance to sample the meals. The 1 Bedroom Suites I toured were small, the Bedroom was okay but the living area and Kitchenette was very small & crampted. The refrigerator in the Kitchenette was under-counter which would be difficult for someone with balance issues to reach the inside. I will continue my search.

I had a chance to visit and...

I had a chance to visit and have lunch with the wonderful staff at Fairmont. Very nice and clean and friendly. Would definitely keep this place in mind for my golden years !

First choice, but too far away

I really liked the Fairmont best, but I didn't like the location. It was too far for my family in Reston. They had a one bedroom apartment that was bigger than the two bedroom in Sommerset and it would have been easier to arrange my furniture. I was particularly struck by the lightness, there were big, large windows in the apartment, the hallways were light as were the common areas. They had a full meal plan which might have been too much for me because I'm on a restricted diet and it was the same price or less than Sommerset but I couldn't imagine getting in my car and driving to Reston everyday.

We were very impressed ...

We were very impressed with the Fairmont. Jed was great also. D is seeing his mom tomorrow and taking the broacher to her and his lap top to show her virtual tour.

Overall seems good so far

My parents have only been there 2 and a half weeks, so far everything is fine. Overall it seems pretty good, my parents like the food and it did take them a while to get someone in there to clean, for some reason after the first week they didn't come in but they are now. Sometimes the managers seem overwhelmed, but I could have just caught them on a bad day or something. From the tour to my parents being there now, I don't think it's changed an awful lot. The maintenance person there is very, very good and everyone seems to be caring and friendly. I don't think they've really gotten involved in any activities yet, my father is hard of hearing and my mother has Alzheimer's, but they have all sorts of activities for Alzheimer's, it's just a matter of it being communicated to my parents. I think they send around a little paper that tells them about the activities during the week and they have a calendar and menus so they know what is being served.

Great for him

I think it's the perfect fit. It's three meals a day in a pleasant dining room, there's lots of light in the common areas, the activities director is real personable.
I like the size of ti for him, it's small so everybody will sort of look familiar after a while so that's a good thing. It's independent living but they saw something that they thought we might want to address so they're attentive which is nice. It's clean, and that's part of what the room and board is providing, his sheets and towels are washed once a week and light cleaning once a week so that's nice. The other stand alones in the area didn't provide the three meals a day so there really wasn't anything else to compare this to.

Awesome facility, great sta...

Awesome facility, great staff, beautiful outdoor space, Loved the atmosphere!

big turnover in managers

since my friend moved in on July 6 there's been a worrisome turnover in managers. . My experience with them so far is that they've been either rude or unhelpful. No toilet paper in the room on two visits so I brought my own. No one has been in weekly to clean as promised. Huge water puddle outside the door that must be a leak because it never dries up so the carpet is ruined.
On the positive side is that the food is good and served on time. My friend reports that there's lots of activities. Pleasant atmosphere and the residents seem happy.

everything included-meals

everything included-meals

Situated within a quiet, residential neighborhood of historic Manassas, you’ll love the beauty of our grounds and buildings while enjoying the convenience of being close to the nation’s capitol. Shopping, dining, healthcare and entertainment are all just minutes from your door.

Our all-inclusive month-to-month rent covers:
- Three delicious and nutritious chef-prepared meals from scratch
- A variety of enriching activities
- Weekly housekeeping and linen service
- Transportation
- Most utilities

Friends in 300 places

Built with your comfort and safety in mind