My mother loves it here

My mother has lived at heatherwood for 2 years and loves it, the staff is very friendly and courteous. There is a ton of events to participate in and the food is great. The director is very helpful and attentive to my mothers needs. I would give heatherwood 5 stars.

We had a good session with [name removed]. We also liked the facility which is being redone. It would be a great location for us as well. We didn't stay for lunch so did not get a sample of the food.

I toured this community

I went on a tour here and the staff that did the tour, he was nice and friendly and vey helpful. He answered all of my questions. I liked it but it was a little to far for me. It was nice and clean and had spacious rooms. I would recommend this community for the assisted living side.

Great experience

I had the pleasure of visiting a few days ago. Absolutely beautiful community with all of the top of the line amenities. The management is second to none and the staff all go above and beyond to make you feel welcome. I couldn't have been more pleased with my experience.

No memory care unit...

When I toured Heatherwood, they were physically the closest facility to us but they did not have a memory care unit. That is primarily what we needed. Everyone that we met with was welcoming and friendly, and it was a good experience to tour but just not what my loved one needed.

We Love This Community

This is a great community, and my mother in law is in good hands here. She is still adjusting to the routine around the community, but we do feel comfortable with her move to this community. This is a community is a good place, and I would recommend it.

Sitting around doing nothing!

I did not like this community from the time I first went in. They have a small porch where you see all the residents pilled up like [Removed]. They have no activities to offer them so that they can do something. I just knew this was not the right fit for mom.

Erika Lovegreen

We are sorry you did not feel like we were the right fit for your loved one. We pride ourselves in a wide variety of life enrichment activities. We wish you luck and please reach out if something changes.

Just moved in my Dad

The staff has been great to work with on all things related to securing the apartment and moving my dad in. Everyone has made him feel very welcome so far.
I particularly like the aging-in-place value proposition that doesn't require one to pay for additional assistance services before they are required.
The 1BR apartment is spacious and comfortable and staff have been highly responsive to fix the few things that needed fixing. So far, Dad says the food is pretty good and activities are pretty standard for places like this.
We're off to a good start and looking forward to an overall positive experience.

Improve nursing management .

Nursing staff does not seen to be well managed. They don't appear to have any systems in place for what each resident is suppose to get and any checks to make sure they are being done. The place is very nice looking, they seem to spend a lot of their resources on appearances but not much on the nursing staff. There also is no monthly program or newsletter you can see on line to see what residents can do. I wish they would improve their nursing staff and administration from top down, then it would be great.

Nice looking place!

We toured this community when we were looking into care options for our loved ones. I thought this was a very nice place overall, and out of the many places we toured this one was on our short list! It is a nice looking, clean, well kept community, and the staff we met were all very friendly.

I liked this facility in si...

I liked this facility in size and options. It was a little higher in price but you get what you pay for.

Some minor issues, but like that they have an on-site doctor

Everything hasn't been perfect but they're very good, the cleanliness is very good from what I can see and the staff is very friendly. They're slow a little bit in serving dinner, at least they were at first, they were a little short staffed. She hasn't really particiapted in any activites yet but they are encouraging her to get out more. Any issues we've had have been minor communication ones, we have gotten a hold of the right people, we probably weren't talking to the right ones before, so it's a learning process figuring out who does what. One really good plus is they have a docotr who has space there and actually practices out of the Heatherwood building and he's been very good. We were concerned that she wouldn't like it and would fight it all the way but she actually likes it there, she's made a lot of friends, she has a walker and has improved to where she can get around.

Food was passable

The staff would smile when you walked in and they would try hard. They cared for my mom and my dad was very pleased, he was the one who would stay there with her all the time. The food was okay, not great, but it was edible. I remember on Sundays she would get really country food, like chicken fried steak and things she couldn't eat, it was kind of like slop sometimes.

Helpful staff, nice place

We chose Heatherwood mostly because it was very close to my aunts friend who comes to visit her all the time and I had not heard anything engative about them. Her friend toured it and said that she liked it, it was just an adjustment for my aunt to change palces. She seems to do better and better everytime I see her, they're very friendly and very helpful. I don't really know whats going on there, I dont get a newsletter or anything, but I know whats going on with what I need to know and they call me when anything comes up. It is more out in the country and everybody goes to the main dining room which is more of a cafeteria palce, its always busy so it's better for people who like to socialize but it was too overwhelming for my aunt.

great location loved the place. The ...

great location loved the place. The Director was very knowledgable and a great guide they have everything anyone could want, the rehabilition centre next door is a good thing the rooms were great didnt have a microwave which is not a major deal. Rooms looked good and very spacious, loads of activities, a little on the higher price and definate maybe. Staff we all very friendly and helpful. Everything was inclusive in the price cable, phone utilities which is very attractive

Still in consideration.

Still in consideration.

This is a great place, but there is n...

This is a great place, but there is no skilled nursing care.

Not sure if this will work for mom. ...

Not sure if this will work for mom. Concerned she will wander off at this location. Patients are free to roam grounds.

Heatherwood is a gracious senior living rental community nestled in a charming residential setting within Burke, Virginia. We offer lease arrangements without entrance or endowment fees. Residents enter the community by paying a refundable security deposit.

Heatherwood offers both independent living and assisted living throughout the community and consists of 112 apartments; studio, one bedroom and two bedroom apartments. The apartments are spacious and all are equipped with a full kitchen.

The monthly rental includes basic-expanded cable television, phone service (unlimited local and long distance) high speed internet, weekly housekeeping, maintenance and one meal per day.

Additionally, Heatherwood has physical therapy, occupational therapy and speech therapy; a physician office suite; and a traveling dentist that treats residents – all on site. Month-to-month respite stays are available for those persons who need additional support after their skilled rehab is also available.