The Estate At Hyde Park - Tampa, FL

• Social, cultural and educational life enrichment programs
  • Recreational & Social Activities

To far!

Everyone was very kind to us and took us around. The staff was knowledgable and they were very helpful with us. The community was clean and it was very nice. The only thing that I did not like was the distance that would be between me and mom.

Having Peace of Mind is Priceless

From day one I have seen nothing but compassion, dedication and care for my mother. This facility is set up for you to pop in at anytime and stay for as long as you want. If you can afford it, I can't imagine any other memory care facility option that I would consider. I checked out a few others. Estate at Hyde Park simply had it all. You are responsible for setting up your own room with furniture, towels and hampers and so forth. Once that's done, they take over. It hasn't even been a month since we checked Mom in. We are at peace with our decision and Mom is safe thanks to all of the wonderful people at this lovely facility.

Horror story

We were shocked at how poor the care was for our mother. The facility is beautiful but there are severe management and oversight issues. The ED discussed our case in the open with family members of other residents. We were called names by the staff. The ratio of caregivers to patients is dangerously low. We saw residents sitting in a room alone with vomit on the floor while the aides stood around waiting for someone else to clean it up. Our mother was incontinent and multiple times we found her briefs so soaked she had urine running down her legs. The aides are surly unhappy and express it openly. Moms hands were never washed and she had three rounds of pneumonia back to back - but they still took her th the dining room even though she wS contagious. We ended up having to hire outside aides 24/7 at enormous expense to keep our mom from getting worse and to get the care she needed. It was a nightmare. I will talk to anyone in person if desired.

SLC Midwest

My name is Cheryl Hyde, the Regional Director of Operations for the state of Florida, and I wanted to thank you for your recent post and taking the time to express your concerns. At Senior Lifestyle, we truly appreciate all feedback as we strive to be a best-in-class workplace, and I personally value your input as we work toward that goal. I would like to be able to talk with you about your experience, and invite you to reach out directly at [removed] or by email at [removed]. Thank you again!

Over all of this and facilities have been outstanding. Our initial experience followed a small fire sprinkler incident which involves some construction in the first few weeks. Everything has been restored in the facility is first rate. The staff is very accommodating and responsive. My parents are very happy there and there is a nurse on duty 24 hours a day.

Absolutely wonderful beautiful

Families should know not to be scared away by the location. It is right on the bay, on Tampa Bay – in the most exclusive area of Tampa. It does look exclusive. Do not be frightened – it may be expensive, but it’s not nearly as expensive as it looks. I tried the food the first couple of days that she was there – and it’s very tasty food. They have a program in which they use spice to appeal an elder’s pallet.

Pretty good with room for a few improvements.

There are some of the staff that are great, but there are a few that are pretty rude, and we have had a few problems with them more than once. The sales staff and the head nurse are quick to respond to an email, but accuracy can be an issue we have had some medication errors, that were caught first by my loved one. They have a great calendar of events, but there could be some more stimulating options. They do not manage the food very well, it's nice that they have a little log book for requests. I think just following through and being consistent would be helpful. We liked that they were a newer facility, and beautifully decorated, and they designed the building with memory care in mind. It's nice that it's a flat rate where it's all included.

Continued transition to perfection!

As a local professional I visit many, if not all, the local communities. This one by far has the entire package! Yes, it's new and beautiful but more importantly it's the heart of the community you can "feel". They have licenced nurses on duty 24/7 who assit the residents with the medication - not med techs!! That's huge in this industry! The entire team of staff love what they do and it's evident. I have seen residents at other facilities. Then see them a few months after moving here and I'm like "WOW!". This place restores people who have often become isolated and withdrawn. Families have expectations for their loved one based on who they were. This results in feelings of "failing" for the resident. What I see here is the residents freedom to be who they are in the memory disease with no judgement or "reaction". This is the memory care resort!!

Horizon Bay Memory Care was...

Horizon Bay Memory Care was a beautiful facility with spacious, sunlit rooms and hallways. The programs they encourage families to attend are helpful. The only drawback we saw during the 10-10:30am visit was a quietness in the hallways that seemed cold, and we did not see carers walking through the area in general. All activities were well attended at that time, which may be why it was quiet. We are not planning to apply to this facility due to our parents desire to stay at Canterbury Towers.

I think it's wonderful, and I think they are doing a great job.

I love them! I think it's wonderful, and I think they are doing a great job. What I've noticed was everyone made such a fuss over her, every time an employee would clock in on her floor they would come and introduce themself and find common ground with her. They did everthing they could to make her feel welcome, it was very comforting. She loves the food. I think they have been pretty accommodating. Whenever I call with a concern they are right on it and report back to me. One of the things I really liked is that it is a locked community and you have to be buzzed in or out.

Facility is very impressive

We chose Horizon Bay Memory Care because of the way it looks, definitley high end, will make you say "wow." There is always activities, the patients are engaged in something. When I visited mom looked healthy and clean. One fault they have is when mom transferred there they never called us with updates. We always have to contact them for status reports. One employee told us "no news is good news" but we think that not calling family is a big mistake. We have experience at other Memory Care facilities and received calls everyday from them. The other thing is they won't give the code to exit to family members. Once you are in it is nearly impossible to make a quick exit. You have to find an employee to let you out. This is my first experience with a facility not allowing family members the code. When I was trying to leave another person was trying to enter and it took a while for us to find a staff member to let us in or out. It is inconvenient to say the least.

The Estate At Hyde Park is a "State of the Art" Assisted Living Community designed specifically to accommodate residents with various types and stages of dementia or memory loss. The Estate At Hyde Park opened in July of 2012 in South Tampa's Hyde Park neighborhood, a block north from the beautiful Bayshore Blvd. Local Developers worked with national experts in dementia care to design a community with the latest advancements and technologies in memory care. Managed by Senior Lifestyle, a family-owed company, The Estate At Hyde Park offers ALFA's "Best of the Best" award-winning memory care program, Walk With Me. Come and see why The Estate at Hyde Park is setting the bar for memory care.