Allegro-Hyde Park - Tampa, FL has yet not published prices.

Everyone is a family

This community really treats everyone like family and has a warm, friendly atmosphere! The staff goes aboveboard and beyond to make sure the residents are happy and active, with lots of activities and entertainment!!

Mom thrived at Allegro Hyde Park!

My mother lived here for nearly three years and she was the happiest she had been in a long time. It is a beautiful community but what really makes it beautiful are the people who live and work there. A culture of caring exists that is hard to fully describe but it permeates every activity and every interaction. The management and wellness staff are highly capable and responsive. The activity staff plan interesting events for the residents and for the residents and their families. My teenagers liked to visit Grandma and play pool in the fifth floor lounge overlooking the bay, or listen to piano music. Allegro Hyde Park became home for all of us.

5 Star Community

I recently had the privilege to tour this stunning Community and will be providing this as my first pick to my siblings. The views of the water from the rooftop lounge and the courtyard pool area were gorgeous.

Sarah Sheridan

Thank you very much for the kind words Kim. We hope to see you soon!

Best in Town

This community is by far the best option in Tampa - brand new, gorgeous, awesome food, and extremely caring people. The residents have a great time at happy hour in the lounge upstairs, and always seem to be smiling and enjoying themselves. I visit my mom at least three days a week (I live within walking distance, which is always nice) and actually look forward to being there. They have lots of events and opportunities for family members to be a part of there, which was a huge draw for me.

Sarah Sheridan

Thank you Alex. We are so glad to hear that your Mom is happy and enjoying life at Allegro. We always love to see families playing an active role at the community. We appreciate the positive feedback.

Mistake

My grandmother lived here for just over a year, and it was awful all the way until the end. She entered the facility with the beginning stages of Alzheimer’s disease. I had already been informally taking care of her for the past 2 years, and it seemed like a good idea to move her to a place where her whereabouts were monitored. Additionally, Horizon Bay is close to my home, meaning I could visit her daily and administer medicine.
As the disease progressed, it became apparent that she needed increased services, such as reminders to shower and change and assistance in housekeeping duties. My family agreed to pay the facility a high monthly rate in order for her to receive the daily assistance she needed. Shortly after these services began, I noticed her hygiene had not improved, evidenced by the fact she would not change for days and she often smelled of urine. I decided to visit her apartment, and was disgusted by its condition. Her cat’s litter box had not been cleaned in weeks, and he had relieved himself all over the apartment. Soiled clothing hung in the closet, and fecal matter covered the sheets on her bed. Not only did the condition of her apartment make it very apparent that she was not receiving services, but also displayed the fact that there was an obvious breach of lease, on account that the washing of linens and towels was written into it. The R.N. of the facility combatted these charges on multiple occasions, but eventually backed down to my damning testimony.
After this incident, I took over caretaking full-time, and visited the facility twice a day to help my grandmother shower, change, manage toileting accidents, care for her cat, clean her apartment, and administer medications. When it became clear that her Alzheimer’s had reached the point where she needed to be transferred to a more specialized facility, we put her on a waitlist to enter a memory care facility. My grandmother had grown to distrust me as her Alzheimer’s progressed, and my family and I decided it was in all of our best interests to let Horizon Bay Hyde Park take over the caretaking duties I was administering for the last two weeks of her stay.
My visit yesterday solidified the idea that they never deserved a second chance. Her apartment was in an even worse state of disarray than the first time. When I took issue to this to the L.P.N. on duty, she informed me that her name was never even on the care list.
As a graduate student in the field of Geriatric Care, I know elder abuse and fraud when I see it. Beyond the issues directly related to my grandmother I have seen other residents in the facility fall to the ground and be refused care because they are not “paying for a package”. In my opinion, nearly every C.N.A., L.P.N., and R.N. attached to this facility should have their license revoked. Do not ever make the mistake of sending your family member here, especially if you cannot visit every day like I could.

Elite neighborhood. Very close to par...

Elite neighborhood. Very close to parents and VA Hospital. Talked to Mgr., price at high end, I really like this facility and find it the most favorable in Tampa so far. They are sending us a brochure. This facility is amazing. We will definitely visit there the next time we fly to Tampa. My parents and sister plan to go with us for the visit.

Sarah Sheridan

Thank you for the feedback.

Brookdale is the management company for Horizon Bay at Hyde Park, and operates by a mission of enriching the lives of those we serve with compassion, respect, excellence, and integrity. Brookdale has grown to become the national leader in senior living solutions, but we serve people locally. We operate approximately 1,150 communities, with 80 thousand associates serving about 100 thousand residents every day. When you include family members, that’s millions of people our company is serving – millions of lives where we are making a difference