Brookdale Bayshore - Tampa, FL

Brookdale Bayshore - Tampa, FL has yet not published prices.

Terrible experience

Was invited as a vender to their health fair on 6/1612017. There was no parking then the receptionist told me I was not assigned a table. Another vender stated she was moved around. Very disorganized! I got to talk to several residents who are not happy there. They complained about the elevators always breaking down, lost laundry, waiting sometimes up to an hour for help after requesting it (including a fall and toileting),, bus always late, and bad food. Sounded like their lives are like my experience there. Terrible!!

Touring Of The Community Was Good

We made an appointment to get a tour of the community and they were on time and ready to go. I saw a clean community and the staff gave us helpful information during the tour. The staff were very nice and helpful. Later we were offered to come back for lunch.

Stay away from Brookdale

Stay away from Brookdale. Instead of having round tables for residents to eat together, there are tables where lonely residents sit by themselves. Sad. Blood pressure can be high and the nurses do not follow up with doctors or additional blood pressure readings. Nurses do not question unnecessary medications on the chart that should have been discontinued. Linoleum in room and bathroom rolling up and maintenance does nothing after complaining. Resident with a dog that is chewing all of it's hair off and they do nothing about the poor animal. Elevators have stopped and kept residents for 2 hours stuck. 300 residents have long waiting time for 2 small elevators for 12 floors. Air conditioners have problems with cooling the resident rooms and common areas along with hot elevators. Meals are not homemade and are processed junk from US Food group. Minimum activities to keep the residents happy such as outings outside the facility. Boredom for the residents. Better facilities with more attentive care elsewhere. Good luck!

We like it. She is very happy there.

We like it. She is very happy there. It's still a pretty new experience, but so far she has had no complaints. It's clean, they are very helpful. Management could maybe do a bit better, the administrative side of things but other than that it's good. They come and clean her room and change her bedding and things once a week, and so far it seems to be going pretty well.

For the Most Part A Good Experience at This Community

This community is working out pretty well for my mother. They are caring for her and her needs very well. This is a well maintained community. They do a good job with the cleanliness of the facility. It has been a positive experience with the staff for the most part. They have nice activities offered for the residents. The meals are healthy and pretty good. I know she is safe and in good hands. I would recommend this community.

Attentive Staff!!

My mother has had nothing but great things to say about the staff and the care she has been receiving from them. The housekeeping team has been also very attentive to my mothers bedroom as well as the rest of the facility on making sure it stays clean and well maintained. She also has had no complaints about the food and has really been enjoying the company of the other residents.

The Tour Went Fine

Our guide was great using her salesmanship, she told us about all the activities, discounts, payments, and followed up later. I did not like the set up of the place. My mom would have to take an elevator and there are no tracking of residents. My mom needs assistance to not get lost. I also did not like the mixed level of cares like independent living, assisted living and nursing. It was not a fit for my mom.

Nice place, overall

Our experience with Brookdale Bayshore has been a very good one! The lady who helped us through the move-in process, Renee, did an outstanding job! The facility itself is well kept and clean inside, and the care and maintenance staff do a great job. The food is also decent! It's a nice place overall, and I would recommend them.

Very nice facility.

A very good, comfortable, safe, and attentive facility.

The Brookdale Bayshore is a very good, comfortable, safe, and attentive facility. It does cost a lot money, it's not cheap. You should be aware of the premium price. The accounting staff could use some improvement. The accounting staff is a little slow to fix errors. I think the administration staff could be more attentive. Other than that, it has been good. The location and parking is good. I would recommend this place.

Nice looking place

The person who took us on the tour was very friendly and informative.  She was able to answer all of my mother-in-law's questions.  She gave us a very thorough tour of the facility.  We were provided with some packets that answered any other questions that we may have had.  The person that worked in the dining room was very friendly.  My mother-in-law liked how the dining room overlooked the water.  She thought that it lacked outdoor space, because there was nowhere to walk around.  A couple of the residents let us into their rooms to look at them.  They were too small for what they were looking for.  Community was somewhat dated but was clean.  However, overall my mother-in-law didn't like it.  She is looking for something that's more high end.

They have been very good in working with us so far.

We haven't gotten to spend a lot of time there, only a week or two, due to my loved one's health issues. However the experience with them so far, has been very good. We are holding her spot with the hopes of spending more time there. They have been very good in working with us so far.

Dirty floors- in entry. Not...

Dirty floors- in entry. Not appealing facility at all.

I haven't had the chance to visit her...

I haven't had the chance to visit here yet, but based on my family's feedback, this is a beautiful and clean place! I've talked to the staff a lot, and they were great with helping me with my concerns. They really take care of stuff. They pay a lot of attention to the residents, and there's lots of activities and field trips for them. They are all expensive, but there's a lot of overhead and staff, so you know what you're paying for. I definitely plan on having my loved one come back! It's a really good fit, and for being picky, if she likes it, then we like it!

We really liked this community.

We really liked this community. They were very nice, really nice. We really liked the people. It was clean and beautiful and this is one we seriously considered. They are a little more independent than what we needed though. There just wasn't enough security for our needs.

Peace of Mind

Grand Court Tampa fulfills my wishes of a happy, safe and attentive environment as my mother Enjoys her "golden years". Always greeted with a warm welcome at the front desk, you feel that you have entered a family members home. I definitely recommend Grand Court Tampa.

Brookdale Bayshore provides a full range of choices for today's seniors. Choosing a senior living community represents a lifestyle choice and we understand that our residents are choosing much more than a comfortable living environment to call home. Our Brookdale community delivers Inspired Independent Living, with the promise of Exceptional Experiences Everyday. In choosing this community, our residents have made a conscious lifestyle decision designed to deliver enhanced opportunities for pursuing health and life fulfillment through the exceptional services, amenities and opportunities we offer. And, our residents can rest assured that as their needs change we provide a variety of ancillary services and a Personalized Assisted Living environment that encourages our residents to continue to live as they please while respecting individual preferences.