Best Decision for Mom

My family and I have always been hesitant about coming to terms with this part of our Mothers life, after retirement! As much as we all want to keep her with us at home, we know she would be better suited in a community that would be more her speed and give us ease of mind knowing that she would be taken care of like family. After reviewing and touring many Facilities we came upon Hanna Oaks and were overwhelmed at how wonderful they were from beginning to end. The facility is beautiful, the activities will keep her busy and the staff has been amazing. They really understood what it feels like to come to a decision for your elderly loved ones. From what some of the current Residents have told us, the new management/owners has made so many strides in improvement of the place. I would have never known there was ever a change because going to them was like going to a great aunts house, you get great company, great food, and there's always something to do. My family and I no longer worry about how my mom is doing because we know she is in great hands. There was a wonderful business office manager, [Removed], that still to this day will randomly call us just to check in with how we're doing and to see if there's anything she can do to make sure our mom's stay is pleasant. Now that's the type of care that I expect.

best place I have been in so far

I am living in this place for almost a year now and when I came it wasnt so nice. But since I came, there is new staff and new management and now it is much better. There is new furniture, better activities, better food and much cleaner. The new owner comes often and always solves any problems we tell him about. There is also alot of outdoor areas with grass and trees to relax and take walks which is my favorite thing to do. The last place I was at only had a concrete parking lot.

Good care, safe place

My Aunt lived there for 3 1/2 years until very recently and she was very well cared for. Most of the staff there knew her well and were always very kind and doting. It is an older building but the staff work hard to keep it clean and nice and are very responsive to any requests. The manager was always accessible and very quick to take care of any issues and the front desk lady was always extremely sweet to me, my aunt and all the residents. They were also very accommodating to our financial situation and never raised rent even as my aunts condition worsened and required more help and attention.

Looks run down, I was told they are under new ownership and repairs are ongoing. It still smelled of urine and mold. No outdoor space,to speak of.

Terrible place!

This place once had an amazing Resident Care Coordinator, by the name of Angela [Removed], she was truly an angel, and loved and cared for each and every one of the residents here! She listened to them, and treated them and the staff with such respect, it's hard to find such kind hearted people like that these days, who are very knowledgeable about what they do! When she left, the place was terrible again!!! Anyway, the facility is okay, not great, but just okay. The food is horrible, and they treat their employees like dirt, which in turn they treat the residents as such! The Owners are money hungry slobs,Would definately not recommend this place for your loved ones!

God awful place

this place is awful I would not let my dog stay there the food is worse than jail food it is straight out of a can it is very cheap the place smells bad and they have nothing but housekeepers there pretending to be nursesI would highly recommend that you look elsewhere for more suitable care for your loved ones as this place is not fit for any human to be treated like that

Review of Hanna Oaks - Tampa, FL

65 residents - very sterile environment - not very homelike. Noticeable odors - one area smelled like feces had not been properly cleaned up - and another area smelled like there was mildew damage. The memory care area seemed dark and like the residents were in another world from the rest of the building. I did not like this at all for my MIL. This was not the place for my loved one but the administrator was very cordial and answered all questions and concerns that I had. Very affordable - but needs work so that the atmosphere is more homelike

Going very well!

We're very pleased with how things have turned out at Hanna Oaks! It's a nice looking place, the people are friendly, and they take good care of the residents. My father is doing great here, and he really seems to like it. I would recommend them highly!

Owners From [removed]

This is a real disgusting place to live. The rooms are disgusting and they reek of a foul odor. The staff is underpaid and definitely unhappy with their positions. The owners are money grubbing green eyed monsters who will not put the money they get from the elderly back in to the facility.

IT HAS BEEN A GREAT PLEASURE WORKING WITH HANNA OAKS

Great staff, but boring place

The staff at Hanna Oaks is wonderful. Management, therapists, and caretakers are very friendly and strive to please residents and family alike.

Some days there is a strong urine odor, otherwise they keep the facility, including resident's rooms, very clean.

They are very responsive to suggestions. The parking lot was poorly lit and uncomfortable at night. I dropped a note in the suggestion box for lighting and it was corrected the following week.

My biggest complaint (also the complaint of my family member) is that it is boring for the residents. There is an Activities Coordinator who schedules at least two activities a day. They are so very uninteresting: Bingo, classic movies, rememberence, prayer, chair exercises, etc. Trivia sounds the most interesting, but I haven't witnessed how it is. A previous resident moved because they were horribly bored. They did have a cook-out last week, which I hear was fun. Hopefully they get more creative in the activities to challenge and stimulate the residents more. I also think an exercise room would be beneficial for an energy/therapy outlet.

A Place For Mom - My Mom

While looking for a suitable ALF for Mom, I decided the number one priority was "Location, Location, Location". I chose to tour Hanna Oaks as it was 4 blocks from her church and less that 1/2 mile from her home of 40 years. I found the staff and accommodations both friendly and suitable, although far from perfect. The private room chose was very affordable and perfect for Mom. The Administrator allowed me to decorate her room with all her favorite things (she loves butterflies) so that her arrival would be welcoming. They loved her room so much that they often 'show' it to others who are touring the facility.

Mom has mild dementia and limited mobility along with incontinence. Assisted Living was the recommendation of her doctors. I live upstairs and work full time and my home was not deemed appropriate for her needs.

Mom was confused and non-social at first but now she calls Hanna Oaks her 'home'. She has many friends and the staff all love her. She is the social butterfly of the group. Her 'church family' is nearby and she receives many visitors.

I am on a first name basis with the staff and most of the residents. We often have 'snack parties' when I visit. I love Hanna Oaks! It may not be for everyone but it saved my Mother's life and gives me peace knowing she is well cared for and looked after.

At Hanna Oaks ALF, we care about our residents' health, safety and well-being. We help our residents maintain as much physical and mental function and independence as possible in a warm and caring environment. We maintain our home as a place "where caring is a way of life."