The Craig Senior Living, A Full Service Retirement Campus - Amarillo, TX

we focused mainly on the Independent Living side of things at The Craig & could not be more impressed. What a beautiful place! Everyone was friendly & courteous. The grounds are spectacular. We had only a brief tour of the Assisted Living side of the facility & at face value it did not look like what we were looking for. We would need to go back again before making a decision.

Pretty decent but only provides one meal per day.

The assisted living rooms looked like hospital rooms

I toured this community and I think, as far as their independent living is concerned, they’re good. I didn’t like the assisted living much because it was more like a nursing home. The rooms in the assisted living side were very small, more like a hospital room. I saw their dining area and they had a buffet that looked pretty good. I was able to interact with the supervisors of the different wings and they seemed to be knowledgeable about the facility. Ultimately, the location wasn’t ideal so we decided against this community.

I love my new home!

I wasn't looking for a room to rent in a mixed Independent and Assisted Living community.
I was looking for a home and a new lifestyle. The Craig was the perfect fit. The 60ft buffet is filled with a delicious variety of 5 star cuisine! The dining staff are kind and they are also superior.
There is indeed a "sloped" walk to the dining room but its so beneficial, and not a problem for residents. Those who have difficulty, use a scooter because you have plenty of space to enjoy! You should see the small lake with all the baby goslings!
I am delighted I made The Craig my home.

Hallways are on a slope.

We toured this community and liked it. It's very spacious and elegant. I was very impressed with it. However the hallways are on a slope to the dining room, and that would not have worked for my loved ones. It was very nice, but just not the right fit for us.

Very nice looking community

We toured this community when we were looking into care options for my loved one. Everything we saw during our tour looked very nice, it was a well kept clean community, and the staff were all very friendly and professional. This wasn't the community we ended up selecting but was definitely somewhere we considered.