It's hard to know how to rate Heartis Amarillo. We toured very early in the morning. We saw only 2 employees. While they were not particularly friendly, they were not unfriendly. The sales manager didn't offer anything but answered all of our questions fully & without hesitation. It's a good thing that we knew what questions to ask. We saw only 2 residents. They seemed happy & content. The facility itself is super nice. Wish that they had a brochure that we could take home for reference & study. Know people personally with family living there & understand there is frequent staff turnover. All in all, I would feel comfortable having my Mother living there.

Frontier Management

Thank you again for taking the time to leave us a review. It sounds like our staff was a little sleepy so early in the morning :D If you have any further questions or want more information about our community, please give us a call at [removed]. We're always happy to help!

Moving as quick as possible.

My mom moved from another community to Heartis in [date removed]. Mom needs daily reminders for all her daily physical needs. It has been 7 months and I've had four conversations with the executive director and the director of nursing and nothing has changed. The calendar showing the activities is a joke. I've taken Mom to an activity and no one shows up to oversee it. They have also left Mom at physical therapy two times. At that point is when I realized I would be moving my mom out as soon as possible. The employees that care for my mom are the sweetest. They have been very kind and loving.

Frontier Management

Nan, we appreciate you feedback - especially the bit about our employees being very kind and loving! We're sorry to hear that you've had an overall negative experience with us. If you'd like to discuss further or provide more feedback, please reach out to us at [removed] or email us at [removed]. We wish the best for you and your mother. Thank you.

Had its ups and downs

My Dad was here briefly and things didn’t quite go well. When we first brought him in, they were completely unprepared and were having staffing issues. We couldn’t get the service that we needed and it didn’t seem like anyone was around. We met with the management, though, and got a lot of our issues straightened out. After that, the rest of the time he was there, the service was pretty good. One of my concerns, however, was that the head nurse seemed to take offense to a lot of our complaints and never checked on my Dad the whole time he was there. The other nurses checked on him regularly and did a really good job of it, though. It’s a nice facility, but I think they might have some management issues. I would recommend this place but with caution.

Very Impressive Community

Heartis Amarillo is a very impressive community. The staff are very kind and attentive to the residents' needs, They learn every one's names, and really make an effort to make you feel right at home. It's a comfortable community with excellent food and a lot of activities. It is certainly the nicest of these communities that I've been in. I would highly recommend it to other families.

This looked like a beautiful community when we visited. The people we met seemed friendly and helpful. They offer some nice amenities including a beauty shop and a game room. This community just did not seem to be the right fit for my loved one

So Far All is Well

So far everything is working out pretty well for my brother with his move to this community. We know he is safe, and in good hands. The staff have been very cooperative, and helpful. The experience is going well so far for us in this community.

Where the Heartis'nt

My mother is in the memory care. Since her arrival many residents have moved to Autumn Leaves. They do not have many activities for people there to do. They have a large turnover from the care giver to the director leaving (should have happened sooner). There is a lack of leadership in training of the care each resident special needs are. I have been promised many changes with little results. I would recommend a camera to view what all goes on. Meals are not what are listed on website as samples. If your loved one is needing assistance I would recommend checking other places. Look at the number of empty rooms as you visit.

Excellent Community

My mother is still adjusting to her move to this community, but overall I'am very pleased with this facility. Everything about this community is great. They have an excellent staff. They do a great job keeping everything very nice, and clean. The community looks beautiful. I would highly recommend this community, it is a wonderful place.

Friendly people!

The lady that took me around Hartis Amarillo was very kind. She answered all of my questions and took me around the building. The facility was clean and similar to the one that I chose. It came down to price.

Brand new!!

I really liked the Heartis Amarillo when I toured it. The place was clean and very well maintained. It was brand new.

We had A Good Tour of This Community

I toured this community for parents and their needs. The community from what we saw looked nice. Everything was well-kept. The staff was very friendly and welcoming. It was a nice experience and treated us very well.

I liked this one also--closer to our budget. at this point it is at the top of the list.

Beautiful Community

This facility has out shined any other community we had looked at for my loved one. The housekeeping team has been wonderful at taking care of my grandmothers bedroom as well as maintaining the rest of the building. The food could use some improvement but other than that I have no complaints.

Take a tour!

Heartis Amarillo is a gorgeous community. They have a number of activities for the residents to participate in. The staff were very friendly and knowledgeable. They were able to address all of my concerns.

I do not recommend

I would not allow my mother to live here. We went for a visit and the woman was trying to hide every flaw we saw or give excuses. We saw care givers throwing food towels on the floor. Sweeping up towels. How lazy. We heard them telling one person to stop asking for a Cigarette . We let ourselves out very fast. Yes its a beautiful place but i wouldn't be a loving son if i allowed my parent to live there. Absolutely nothing going on.

Its Been A Good Experience

This community is clean for the most part but it seems they can do better for residents and guests like having enough toilet paper and paper towels in the public restrooms. I did have to ask the custodians to clean my dads room twice. The staff are welcoming and caring towards my dad and our family. The community has activities available. I would recommend this community as long as you are there for your loved one on a consistent basis.

Very Caring Welcoming Community

This is a wonderful community and we are really pleased with everything they have done for us. My mother has adjusted very well and seems to really like it here. The staff is very amazing and great with all the help they give. This is brand new community and everything looks new and fresh. They are very welcoming, everyone is very friendly. They have a chef, and he makes wonderful meals. They have nice activities, my mother enjoys bingo and the arts and crafts. They have very good rates, so we are saving money. I would highly recommend this community.

Amazing Community

I love this place It is a wonderful place very happy with my father's move into Heartis Amarillo. Things have been wonderful for my father and he seems to be happy and adjusting well with the transition. It is a better place then where he was living at before and a lot cheaper. It is the nicest cleanest place that I've ever seen before. The staff is amazing and very kind and attentive to my father I truly believe my father is being taken care of very well. The food is great and they send me a list of the meals and snacks for the next five weeks so we can arrange his meals ahead of time. I would highly recommend this community to anyone if I could I would grab their hand and take them on a tour my self it is that amazing.

Recommend!

I had a wonderful experience with Heartis Amarillo. I helped place someone there. Everything looked great, clean, it was a brand new community. Everyone there was very helpful, the family always told me the staff was helpful to them as well. He really enjoyed the food and would always ask for seconds. There were a lot of activities they offered to the residents as well. I would recommend others to consider Heartis as a community to place their loved one(s). The admin/director/marketer, I'm unsure of her title, was a huge help with the paperwork and getting everything set up.

I'm not sure how to rate them yet

It's really hard on me having to have my husband at Heartis while I am not able to physically go check on him right now. He complains about everything although I felt like I made a good decision when choosing the place. The staff is nice and friendly and the food is really good. The community has lots of activities for the residents as well and I'm hoping to recover soon so that I can give a better rating.

We have been pretty pleased.

We have been pretty pleased. The people are friendly, and it's clean. We have no major complaints so far. We are happy with them. I would give them a five.