Plum Creek Place - Amarillo, TX

Plum Creek Place - Amarillo, TX has yet not published prices.

The staff at Plum Creek were exceptionally friendly. The residents we saw seemed happy & content. The facility was neat & clean; however, the grounds were badly in need of attention. Safety of the residents seemed to be a high priority. We had some difficulty understanding the level of charges, but would feel very comfortable having our Mother living there.

I liked that they were personable. Upfront with cost.Called me the day they received the info that I would be coming. Liked the Studio apart very much

Very nice staff

This facility is pretty nice. I took a tour while looking for a place for my parents and I liked it. The staff was very nice and knowledgeable. The overall cleanliness seemed okay but none of the trashcans had liners in them, which was a little off putting. Overall, it didn’t stand out to me one way or another so I decided against moving my parents in.

Facility is well maintained, though I do not recommend. Company does not ensure the safety of people living in facility. Some staff are nice and friendly.

Great Place

I'm really glad my mother is here. She requires a lot of care and the staff at Plum Creek is really on top of it. The food is as good as can be expected and even though it is kind of pricey it is definitely worth it and I am happy my mother is happy. I would definitely recommend for a loved one or family member.

A Little Further Away

This community is very nice however it was not in the desired area we were looking at. We liked the community a lot it was very clean and well maintained. The staff was very friendly and nice. It seemed to offer a lot of things in the area of activities and amenities.

Care and comfort

This is a nice community. We liked that the staff is nice and caring. The community has a nice environment. The menu is appealing. We liked the at they offered him the activities that are available. We would recommend that families tour this community for good care

Plum Creek is a GREAT place to live, and the staff is very caring towards the residents, meeting their needs. The facility is smaller than other facilities which gives it a home style feeling with a family friendly environment. Resident rooms and facility are well maintained and cared for. The food is prepared before each meal and offers a healthy variety. They offer many different activities for the residents throughout the day. Overall it's a GREAT place for your loved one to live!

Amazing

Oh my goodness! My Mom has dementia combined with Alzheimer's and I was so concerned about moving her anywhere. But I prayed and prayed and God led me here to Plum Creek Place in Ama and I am SO /thankful!! Everyone here is so helpful, so knowledgeable, and friendly. I had no idea how much paperwork and legwork it takes to get someone moved in - [Removed] and everyone else involved have made all of the long process so much easier! After just a couple of days, Mom has already settled down and is not so upset about not being able to go home. AMAZING!! Thank-You!

No Complaints About this Community

Unfortunately I'am going to have to move my father to another community, because he needs more care. However our experiences in this community were very good. I'am was satisfied with all they did for us. They have a very helpful staff. They did a good job trying to care for him, and his needs. I have no complaints about the staff. His room, and the community were nice, and clean when I visit. The meals were well balanced. Even though this community didn't work out for us, I would still recommend it. It is a nice facility.

So far, so good...

My father is doing well since his move to Plum Creek Placce. I come in the evening and take my uncle dominos and crafts but he's not into the activites . The staff is really nice and the facility is clean. I have not had any problems.

My first choice!

When I toured the Plum Creek Place, I knew it was the one. The place is clean and well taken care of. I like the warmth that the staff gives off. It was one of the nicest places that I toured. All of that made the choice easier.

Perfect fit!

So far, things are going since my friend moved into this community. The staff are all very nice and really helped her to get settled in. The place is clean and the meals are good. From what I have heard, they have a new cook. My friend has gone to bingo and is really enjoying herself there. Great place so far.

They Tried Their Best

After a great respite stay at Plum Creek Place, they decided that they were not equipped to meet my grandmother's needs. She was too advanced and combative and the staff were doing a great job trying to redirect and settle her down. My grandmother was included in the activities and she enjoyed the meals they served. My mom really liked seeing a clean and maintained place. She also liked the manager, she was very welcoming and helped by giving lots of ideas, which lead to us selecting the community.

A Community I Would Recommend

This is a nice community. They did a good job with caring for my parents and their needs. The have a great staff, they are very helpful and kind. They are good with contacting me in regarding anything that happened to parents. They do a good with keeping the facility nice and well maintained. There are activities available. They were very pleased with the meals. They have variety for the residents to choose, and a good healthy selection. Overall it is a pleasant community.

overrated and overcharged

Understaffed and it seems to have many employees who are not a good fit to work there..starting with management. Its a shame the amount of money that is charged for poor quality services provided. Also if a person happens to run out of money they get the boot. Kind of a scam to me. Manager is rude and a liar.

wonderful caring staff

My mother just moved in this month. Everyone has been wonderful. We discovered that her caregivers had not been giving her medicine properly. Everyone there has been a tremendous help

Needs Updating !!

I was not very impressed with this community during our tour, the apartments did not seem very vibrant and there was not enough natural light throughout the bedroom. The rest of the building seems to be needing a lot of updating and renovations.

Unpleasant Community!!

My loved one did not get the care that we were told they would be receiving. The staff needs to check on their residents more. There were different times when i would visit my loved one and they had a bathroom accident but the staff didn't help out cleaning them up. The price that we paid was very high for the poor services that they provided . There needs to be a change of manager as well because they were not acknowledging our problems.

We may be moving mom to another community.

The food at Plum Creek is terrible. The building itself looks dated but it is kept clean. The furnishings look like they are from the late 80's or early 90's. I do not feel the services that we thought were going to be provided are being followed through. They seem to be understaffed and the care staff is helping in the kitchen. My family looked at this community for me and if I had seen it first I would not have moved her in.

The food is excellent and the community is clean!!!!

My Mother in law is doing well at Plum Creek. The entire staff at this community go above and beyond to help in anyway they can. They offer a variety of activities, however she is not yet able to participate in them. This community gets my recommendation.

Didn't Get To Move In But This Is A Good Community From What I Saw

My father hasn't made the move into this community. From the looks of things he will most likely have to stay home with me, but this was a nice community. I was going to be comfortable with the care they were going to be providing him with. From what I saw the community looked nice and well maintained. The staff was kind and friendly. This is a lovely community.

It was in the top two

We toured here, and it was nice. It was in the top two. My parents chose the other one based on the layout of the rooms. It was a nice place, but we just felt this wasn't quite as good of a fit.

Great place

This has been a great place for my mom and dad. After my mom passed they have been very supportive of my dad. Very helpful.

Best thing we could have done!

Plum Creek Place made the transition and adjustment for my father moving in there so much easier. We love the staff! The staff and the other residents welcomed him with open arms. All the residents are great, they make him feel like family. He is content and happy here. I think moving him to this community was the best thing we could have done for him. The friendliness of the staff is a five plus! I definitely recommend.

Building is nice, looks clean well kept. Room seemed small, just was not a fit for us.

My mom lives here and they treat her just like she is family... I visit frequently and I can ask what she has been doing and the staff is always aware of her daily activities. The staff is wonderful and caring.

Grandma Loves It Here

What a welcoming home for my grandma! My grandma needed a new place to live where she could still be independent, but would have the assistance she needed when she asked. The employees at Plum Creek Place have been a true blessing to her. They are kind, courteous, outgoing and truly care about her wellbeing. She has made a lot of friends in the community and enjoys being able to participate in activities but also read a book in her room if she prefers to be alone. The leadership is strong and they address any concerns promptly. We couldn't have found a better place for grandma that Plum Creek Place.

Nice place, a few areas to work on

I think they do a good job overall at Plum Creek Place! The staff here are very friendly, and do a great job keeping the place clean and looking out for the residents. They do have a few areas they could improve, however. I'd really like to see them work out their courtyard areas, they would look so much nicer with a few more plants. They also could work on the food, both the selection and quality could use improvement.

Very nice place

They've done an excellent job at Plum Creek Place so far, we've had a very positive exeperience! The only problem we have had was an issue with one of their staff members, and they handled it expediently and professionally. It is a nice place, and we would recommend it to others looking into care in the area!

Very nice looking place

We toured this community when we were looking into care options for my loved one. Everything we saw during our tour looked very nice, it was a well kept clean community, and the staff were all very friendly and professional. This wasn't the community we ended up selecting but was definitely somewhere we considered.

Plum Creek Place is nestled in a quiet residential community in Amarillo, Texas; there are several parks nearby including the Amarillo Botanical Gardens which is just two miles south of us. We offer a warm caring environment in a peaceful park like setting. Our beautiful brick building is full of laughter and cheerful faces.

We realize that pets are often a part of your family so well behaved tail wagging and purring friends are always welcome. We offer several onsite activities including daily individualized exercise programs, church services and several types of games. Our spacious activity room is ideal for arts and crafts. It is also equipped with a kitchen, perfect for making chocolate chip cookies with friends. Our sunny apartments feature built in bookshelves, kitchenettes with appliances, private bathrooms and large windows.

We offer transportation to offsite activities including:

•Visits to nearby stores
•Trips to our local library
•Enjoying a movie at the theatre
•Afternoons at minor league hockey and baseball games
•Dining at local restaurants

We serve a variety of healthy, delicious meals to meet every preference and dietary needs. Snacks are available all day and we also have a cooking club who enjoys making and sharing afternoon treats. All meals are served either in our restaurant style dining room or can be brought to your apartment when necessary.

Plum Creek Place is equipped to help with many care needs and offers various types of assistance:

•Wanderguard
•Respite care
•Assistance with daily tasks including medication
•Home visit program
•Staff, including a registered nurse, is always onsite
•The Pavilion Northwest Texas Health Center and BSA Health System are less than two miles away
•Transportation to medical appointments