The Court at Brooklin - Whitby, ON

Room Type Monthly Range* (CAD)

really nice staff, for mike just a tiny bit behind Pringle Creek as it had the garden walk setting, apart from that we would think that either of these two residences would have worked well for mike. We could not put them on the list because of geographic location only which was an internal family issue.

The dining room is gorgeous! Staff I met were friendly, seniors seemed to be moving about and enjoying company. Very clean and tidy residence.

Staff were friendly and gave excellent incite. A very welcoming atmosphere and overall lovely facility.

happy with [name removed] and with Diretor she was really helpful with me...

Very nice facility but at $60 to $70,000 a year plus, we feel I shall stay in our own accommodation as long as possible.

The Court at Brooklin is still my 1st choice so far. I have been there twice and really enjoyed the people that I had lunch with both times. I have been very impressed with the staff both times.

Review of The Court at Brooklin

The only reason I would rate this as a 4 rather than a 5 is because of the age of the property and its location. Although the home is kept very clean and tidy it is older and showing some wear and it is also north of the city limits so not within walking distance for stores etc. making it a little inconvenient for residence wanting to get out and about. In terms of the caring staff, excellent food, size of the living quarters and overall maintenance etc I would rate this a 5 star home. My father is very happy there and we are so much more at peace knowing that he is safe, warm, well cared for and happy.

During My Visit

When I needed help after a surgery I decided to use this community for a respite. I was given some meals that were okay, they also help keep my room tidy. It was a nice experience to have their help when I truly needed it.

A little pricey

I am still adjusting to living at this community. Most of the residents are older than myself. The food is very good and they do offer daily activities. The community is a lovely place. The staff are friendly and helpful. I can not say enough about this community and I would recommend it.

So far, its great!

My mother is doing very well and enjoying the new experience. Her favorite part is the people that are around her, she used to stay at home with no one to chat with and now she can walk and there are people her age. Her apartment is nice and comfortable, she gets help like light housekeeping as well. The food is good nutritional food, I have eaten there. Right now, everything is brand new and we are pleased with the way things are going.

AMAZING

Although my Grandma never got the chance to live at The Court at Brooklin Whitby (she remains in the care of Rehab), I was able to spend 3 months with the Court of Brooklin getting her suite ready for her. I met some of the kindest and caring people (staff & residents). I am very sad that my Grandma won't be a part of their home. They are fantastic!

Finding the perfect place for dad

Finding dad a good retirement home, one best suited for him and comparable to the life style he was accustom to living in his condo was a challenging task but extremely important for my sister's and I. We wanted the best possible home for dad. My sister's and I visited and researched several in our local area. Some very lovely homes however not affordable for him being that he was self employed much of his life so living without a employment pension. We were quite frustrated when I came upon the web site for "A home for mom" this proved to be invaluable to us because without [Removed] help we would have never found The Court of Brooklin and quite possibly would have had to stay in his condo lonely and isolated. Now my father is adjusting well and even his health is improving in his new home. The other residents have welcomed him with open arms and the staff have been very helpful in his transition. The home is clean & well kept, the décor is very nice and quite comfortable and as my father describes...the food is great! My dads studio suite is larger than some that we had seen and with a well designed floor plan. Most of all he even has a small balcony, with a view, which was a priority for him. His most treasured place in the spring/summer was sitting on his balcony at his condo enjoying the views. Now he can continue with his favorite pass time.
With our thanks for all your help, dads devoted daughters :)

Beautiful Community

This is a good community, but unfortunately my mother in law needed more care. It was a bit over whelming for her, and we had to move her out. Overall this is a lovely community, everything looks great. The staff was kind and friendly. It is a great community for the right person.

Seems like a great place to live.

My mother was very surprised by the friendliness of the other people who already lived at this community. They were so kind an encouraging that it made her decision to move there easier. All the staff were also friendly and the meal we had was delicious.

I really loved everything about this place. The staff seemed to be very nice. The food was great. The residence were very nice and loved living there. The rooms were very spacious, clean and no odors. They allow pets. All expenses are included except telephone, internet, and special care.

Aug 16 2016

I just had furniture delivered and had my first lunch as a resident, so far so good.
I met a few people and all seemed to be pleasant and cheerful. I think I will be happy here.

5 Star Chef

This a wonderful community. They are caring for my friend very well. He is doing great, and has adjusted very well. The community is very clean, his room and the facility always looks nice and neat. The staff is excellent, they are very helpful and attentive. He is trying some new activities, they offer many for him to choose from. The food is amazing, they have a five star chef here. I know he being cared for very well. I would recommend it.

Without a doubt I would recommend The Court at Brooklyn!!

My mother has become much more independent since moving into this community. She is definitely thriving and becoming more active with the activities offered. Carpet bowling, baseball and exercise classes are just some of the activities that she has participated in. The first person we meet at the community is Luke and I cannot say enough about how helpful he is. My mom was not feeling well and was not able to go the dining room, she called the front office and Luke told her they would bring her the meals as long as she needed. The maintenance man is an angel as he adjusted the rods in her closet so it would be easier for her to hang up her clothes and also let her know if there is anything else she needed he would be glad to help. The chef is very good as he makes a different kind of bread daily and there is a good variety of food choices to choose from. There is a medical clinic and a beauty salon on the premises which makes it even better.

Excellent

This is a great facility and everyone was extremely helpful and kind throughout the entire process. Apartments are like new, spacious and bathrooms set up for safety of the elderly. Meals are excellent and environment is very friendly and inviting.

Home Sweet Home at The Court at Brooklin

Every time we enter the building you get a warm, good feeling; an aura that radiates. The beautiful, bright dining room and high ceilings make you feel like you are outside. The staff is very courteous, friendly and do everything to make your daily life rich and full. It is pet friendly and our two dogs love the many residents and staff that pet them. The Court at Brooklin has a good location and is close to medical centre, pharmacy, shopping and pet needs. We have a new bus which is awesome for getting to appointments and fun trips. The staff, both full time and students always generate warmth, respect and dedication to their duties. We are very happy here.

A definite possibility. Lo...

A definite possibility. Loved the big Studio on the ground floor.

The Court at Brooklin is a retirement home offering a relaxing, simplified lifestyle that allows seniors to spend more time doing the things they love. We’re just minutes from shopping, dining and health care, as well as local points of interest like Darlington Provincial Park on the banks of Lake Ontario. Make a short drive to Toronto and spend an evening taking in the culture and entertainment of one of Canada’s great cities. With a warm, professional 24-hour staff to make you feel at home and a host of interesting neighbours, our community feels like a family – and you’ll love being a part of it.

With 29 independent living communities throughout British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba, Ontario, Quebec and New Brunswick, Atria Retirement Canada is home to more than 3,000 seniors. We create warm, comfortable environments where retired people can live as they please, without the concerns of maintaining a home.