Sunrise of Thornhill - Thornhill, ON

Room Type Monthly Range* (CAD)

loved it seems like a great choice ([date removed])
as a followup 7 months later ([date removed])......my dad loves it at Sunrise..hes on the assisted living floor and loves the food first few days he ate 2 meals for every one..etc.....very happy.....we are very happy...so glad [name removed] recommended...staff is great nurses doctor [names removed]

I loved this place but with the amount of care mom would need, the price gets a little high and not sure mom would take advantage of everything they offer but would never have to worry about her care.

Well presented. Floor 3 for Dementia ALZ people is fine. Personal spaces adequate.No reasonable solution for couple of mixed medical status: "Young &Healthy" with cognitive impairment person.

loved it seems like a great choice

Sunrise sets the bar very high. If it was affordable and the cost of care was predictable I would not hesitate to have my Mom live and be taken care of in his community. I love that they have 2 floors - assisted living and memory care. The assisted living floor is beautiful and extensive - giving everything that she would need on one floor.

Residents are sociable, active and engaged. Staff is helpful and relate well with residents. Great exercise classes! Food is below average, not enough mix in nationalities

Sunrise Senior Living

Overall I've been pretty impressed.

It's very good. The only thing is sometimes when you call there can be a ten minute lag for the call button from the time you press it until someone comes. The food is decent, and the facility is nice. Overall I've been pretty impressed.

Poor quality food

Everything is great except for the food. My mother complains thst the food is cold and of poor quality. I would like to move her to a different place but she doesn't want to leave her friends.

Lovely warm inviting cozy atmosphere with plenty of staff available at all times to attend to the needs of residents.

Beautiful place....staffing ratio's are more in line with our comfort level.

Great staff

Selection and orientation was made so easy by Heidi and her friendly enthusiastic service. She was always available and extremely helpful. We were very impressed by the entire staff. You should be most proud.
My parents are still somewhat confused over their new surroundings, but the support staff is very understanding and continues to help ease the transition.
I am looking forward to the monthly assessment meetings and to a continued dialogue with all the health personnel.

Nice place bad food

The residences is well kept and clean. The staff are caring. The food is terrible. They try to prepare the food as cheaply as possible. An example is that they only serve chicken legs rather than chicken breasts. The kitchen runs out of food such as eggs or toast in the morning
The meals taste like they are prepared hours before being served and are Lukewarm at best. They have a residence food committee but the owners of the residence don't follow through. They are great until you move in but once you've there they believe you won't move out so they don't really worry about anything.

Sunrise Senior Living

Thank you for your review and please know that we take all concerns seriously and would like to learn more about your experience with Sunrise. Please email us at Information(at)SunriseSeniorLiving(dot)com so we may follow up and address. Thank you, Sunrise Team

Great caring place

Extremely friendly and caring staff. Well appointed facilities, wide variety of activities.

Highly recommended.

I was totally amazed at the facilities and Marsha [last name removed] of Thorne Mill on Steeles. Very well run and good value for the money. Very professional [removed]

Review of Thorne Mill on Steeles Alzheimer's / Memory Care in Thornhill, ON

Excellent provision of programming. Pool for aqua fit. Two meals/day but snacks available. All suites have kitchens.

Review of Thorne Mill on Steeles Alzheimer's / Memory Care in Thornhill, ON

Very impressed with their approach to memory loss residents. Very expensive.

Review of Thorne Mill on Steeles Alzheimer's / Memory Care in Thornhill, ON

I found the units to be small and the atmosphere to be very plain and depressing.