McCowan Retirement Residence - Toronto, ON

McCowan Retirement Residence - Toronto, ON has yet not published prices.

Lovely home. It would be perfect for my father depending on how far he comes with his functional status in the Rehab centre. I am concerned that he will not be ambulating well and even with wheelchair transports to meals he is at a high risk of falling when alone in his room.

Jennifer Nicoll

Thank you so much for the review. We will do everything we can to support your Father if we are the right fit for him, as long as he is safe. Please keep in touch!

Very good tour. Facility appears ideal for my Mother. I have given the medical questionaire to my Mother's doctor and I expect to have the completed questionaire soon. As well, a Chest xray needs to be completed. I liked the faciltily and the resident rooms were good size.

Jennifer Nicoll

I am so happy that you enjoyed the tour and we look forward to welcoming your Mom with open arms!

McCowan is a nice place to live.

The staff at McCowan are patient and polite. They take extreme care to ensure that medications, personal meal preferences, and similar details are correct.

In addition to included services, my dad (95 years old) receives laundry service, medication administration, regular showers and wash, daily dress and undress including managing hearing aids, and escort to and from meals when needed. (He uses a walker.)

The staff greet residents with a smile. They speak loudly and clearly and understand how to accommodate hearing impairment.

There are lots of activities available. Other residents appear to be happy and comfortable in this setting.

The facility presents well. It's welcoming, well maintained, spacious, and interior decor is pleasing.

Jennifer Nicoll

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review! We are happy to support your Dad and all of the other residents who live with us, they give so much back to us as well. :)

I love this place!! I wouldn't change a thing.

McCowan Retirement Residence is an astoundingly wonderful retirement residence. There is remarkable consideration from the top down. Staff treat each other well and treat the residents exceptionally well. There is kindness, attentiveness, and a very welcoming feel to the home. Management, the front desk folks, the medical staff, housekeeping staff, even the maintenance staff are all very friendly and engaging. And the medical care is excellent.
I have been impressed with the social activities that are provided for my parents - sing songs, exercise classes, outings. My mother's nails have never looked so good - with volunteers providing weekly manicure and hand massage.
I am grateful that there is graduated care at MRR so that my parents can remain here if either one or both require the floor for the patients with dementia.
My parents have been at MRR for 9 weeks. We are so relieved to have found this place!

Jennifer Nicoll

Heather! Thank you so very much for this beautiful review. We are thrilled to have your parents here with us - and your whole family has become part of our family!

Yes, [Removed], we had a good tour. The place is clean and comfortable. [Removed] showed us two rooms and we have added them to our list for consideration. I also had a conversation with [Removed] at Retirement Suites by the Lake, and I will call her next week to set up a tour. Thanks for your help. [Removed]

Jennifer Nicoll

Glad you enjoyed your tour! Please let us know if there is anything more we can do to assist you!

Really liked this retirement community. Very helpful employees. I am going to call [Removed] when she returns to set up time for an assessment on my dad to see if she feels he is qualified to live in assisted living.