Country Club at La Cholla - Tucson, AZ

Fantastic facility that impressed me from the start. The warm and inviting lobby, knowledgable staff, delicious food and very friendly staff sets them apparent from the others.
After talking to the residents, they confirmed that this is a great place and they enjoy living at the Country Club.

CCLC

When my husband and I came to visit The Country Club, we could tell the amenities, dining program and activities were well thought out. One of the things we loved most were the friendly people. Everyone was doing something and the halls were all so busy. After we moved in it was the staff that took great measures to make us feel welcomed. They know everyone's name... we aren't just another resident. They greeted us with smiles and carried on conversations. They really made us feel at home. I lost my husband a couple of months ago and it's still a struggle. One of the maintenance men brought me flowers and a few of the servers came to express their condolences. The staff makes me feel loved and I know they really care about what I'm going through. I couldn't be happier that we chose to move into The Country Club of La Cholla.

Happy Happy

I moved to the country club about a month ago and I would best compare it to a cruise ship without the water- and I've been on a lot! The stress of daily duties and owning a home is no more! What I enjoy most is that everyone is so friendly. It's easy to make friend and meet new people. The personnel is so accommodating, you could ask for anything better. The amenities included make life so much easier. Food is cooked for me, there's tons of activities to choose from and the weekly housekeeping is big plus. I love being able to go shopping when I need to, and they even picked up and dropped off perceptions for me. My apartment is open and airy with a full kitchen and large Arizona room. When I first visited CCLC I knew this was it! I just had family over for a lovely meal in the private dinning room, staffed with our very own server, and they said they can't wait to move in one day! The only thing I wish I did differently, is that I had made the move sooner.

Some good, some bad.

The facilities are excellent, and the amenities and activities provided are excellent. They have one big problem. They can't keep hired help, which results in very poor service in the dining room, and sometimes in maintenance. The food quality is variable but I judge it to be overall mediocre. Some times it is very good and sometimes very bad.

One of the Best

From our first moments here, we have seen smiling faces everywhere, and we have never felt patronized or uncomfortable. The staff and the management are sincere, warm, and genuine. They really enjoy their jobs and the people they work for. We were warmly welcomed immediately by both the staff and the other residents. The activities here are excellent. One resident told us when we arrived that "If [we] are bored, it's [our] fault." and that is right. There are lectures here, efforts for the homeless, happy hours, live entertainment, and so many other things. They also have excellent groundskeepers here and cheerful housekeepers that come once a week. We are so happy here. I really do think this is one of the best communities

Review of Country Club at La Cholla - Tucson, AZ

I have two concrete examples of the incredible service I’ve received at CCLC. I’ll share one – my 93-year-old dad had changed his mind about moving out of his big house multiple times. He finally agreed, movers scheduled, boxes ready, lease signed and deposit made – then changed his mind 24hrs before move in! Per contract, he knew he was forfeiting all monies paid but the Executive Director on a Saturday afternoon, told us he’d hold the apartment until end of Monday and if dad still didn’t move in, he’d tear up the lease and return all his money. Incredible! Dad moved in and all is well.

We visited and were delighted with how happy the residents and staff was. The health care director was such a help and very lovely! Great good, great feel. We will be living here soon!

MBK Senior Living Home Office Representative

Thanks so much for your kind words about our staff. We're so pleased to hear you will soon be calling Country Club of La Cholla home. We look forward to welcoming you home.

Review of Country Club at La Cholla - Tucson, AZ

Way too eager to get all you possibly pay, 4% rent increase every year, poor quality food. Everyone in the office who don't seem to like Elderly people.

Repair & needs reported and encouraged but very long wait- not really fixed.
Men doing repairs way overworked. The appearance of luxury maintained but not authentic. Move in only when all you were promised is Done!

Published menus are not often much like what appears.

It was suggested we turn this in and they would mail.

Review of Country Club At La Cholla Tucson, AZ

A week ago I mailed you a card saying our food was improving. Today I heard the chef has been fired for spending too much. He did buy better quality when he could! You should always do a blind test unknown to the management. Appearance is all with these investment places.

Happy Prospect

Dear [Removed] and I have a great deal of respect and appreciation for the senior living we've seen in the Country Club of La Cholla. We like the spirit of the place and your connection to its residents. We think the meal plan is a good one, active varietal and we love your library. I, especially like the Jewish connection. It warms my heart. We admire the respect given to you by management and we especially like you.

MBK Senior Living Home Office Representative

Thank you so much for your kind words and lovely review. We take trust and respect very seriously at MBK Senior Living. We’re delighted to know you received nothing but the utmost respect from our Country Club of La Cholla team. We're also so grateful to hear how much you enjoyed our dining program and variety of social and spiritual opportunities available at our community.

Better Match

This is a very nice community and they seem to offer a lot of different amenities to the residents who are interested. The community is bright, clean and welcoming. I was not too sure that my parents would be a good fit and we felt that the pricing was a bit higher than what our budget was for my parents. I would definitely recommend coming here and taking the tour.

MBK Senior Living Home Office Representative

Thank you for your kind words. We’re so pleased to hear you had such a positive experience at The Country Club at La Cholla. As part of our company purpose, we strive to exceed the quality, service and care expectations of those we serve. Thank you for visiting our community and sharing your experience.

Happy resident

Enjoyable living is what senior living is at The Country Club of La Cholla. A great staff, friendly residents, beautiful grounds, fun activities and good food. I am very happy here!

MBK Senior Living Home Office Representative

We are so pleased to hear! As an MBK senior living community, it is our pursuit to be the top choice in each of the markets we serve. Thank you for choosing the Country Club of La Cholla. We are truly happy to be of service to you.

Very happy

I moved into the country club about a month ago and I couldn't be happier. I love the size of my apartment and the food is very good. The staff really makes all the difference. Everyone is so helpful! The wide range of activities makes it easy to stay busy, but I'm never forced to do anything. I'm able to stay at home and only take part in the things I want. Very happy I moved.

MBK Senior Living Home Office Representative

Welcome home! How wonderful to hear that you couldn't be happier and are fully enjoying the accommodations, amenities and services here! We're so pleased to have you call The Country Club of La Cholla home and being able to be of service to you.

This has the atmosphere of being a luxury apartment complex, which is nice. The residents seemed active and involved and the staff attentive. The common areas are impressive and the residents' needs were heeded when they decided against turning a large area into a movie theater and created a workout room and library. The rooms were spacious. The casitas are great, too.

MBK Senior Living Home Office Representative

Thank you for sharing your impression of Country Club of La Cholla. We're so pleased to hear that you found the environment to be impressive, the amenities nice and the accommodations spacious.

To Keep Country Club at La Cholla safe, sound and great living..
By now – after 2013 – 2017 4 years I have found lined staff doing all they can to move from “being a Country Club” to an Assisted Living Community .
One of the places in greater Tucson.

MBK Senior Living Home Office Representative

Thank you for your kind words.

My mother broke her hip. After surgery and extensive rehab, we were told by the rehab center that she would be released 10 days earlier than planned. My husband and I had to find all the amenities for her safe return in 2 days. In our panic we briefly talked to [Removed]. The installing environment service director about hard rails in her apartment. Within an hour he had them installed for her safety. They turned out to be of utmost importance. We are so appreciative and thankful to a home staff that listens cares and reacts. Brought us to tears.

MBK Senior Living Home Office Representative

Thank you for sharing this experience with us. We're so glad we could be of help to your mother and put you at ease while she was recuperating. As part of our company purpose, we strive to exceed the quality, service and care expectations of those we serve. Thank you for your kind words.

Comfort for mom!

I would recommend this community so far because we have had a good experience with them. I am sure every place has its hiccups, but the staff here are very friendly for the most part. The facility is clean and I hope things continue to go well.

MBK Senior Living Home Office Representative

We're so pleased to be of service to your mom and glad to hear you're having a positive experience.

Great food and Big apartments

My parents-in-law have lived in the Independent Living section at Country Club of La Cholla for 21/2 years and love it. We were looking at the Assisted Living section because it is time to consider this option for them. We LOVE the apartment size in the Assisted Living section. We were afraid they would have to give up the spacious apartment they now have for one that is half the size but at Country Club La Cholla that is not the case. The apartments are much bigger than ANY of the other Assisted Living facilities in the area for the same monthly rate.

The care and amenities are comparable to all of the other facilities we visited with the exception of the meals which are MUCH better than at the other places. The type and variety of food is first rate at Country Club La Cholla and of course included in the monthly rent. Pop in at any of the other Independent or Assisted Living facilities at meal time and see what they are serving. You will agree that Country Club La Cholla is far better than the other places.

The Assisted Living section has a state license that does not allow directed nursing care which was disappointing to us but for entry level assisted living this is the place to be. You will have independence with 3 meals a day, round the clock nurse response coverage plus other great amenities.

MBK Senior Living Home Office Representative

How nice to hear that the Country Club of La Cholla has so exceptionally met the needs and expectations of you and your parents! We're so grateful to hear that you find the residences spacious and the dining program delicious.

Now that there is a new chef, the environment is worse than before. [removed] does not know how to cook, he yells at the staff, the food is disgusting, no wonder 3 of the other chefs quit (asst. chefs). You need to look into letting him go, more people are complaining than before and look into [removed], he is one of the worst directors for the people that live here

I have lived here many months, many friends. I love all the classes & help. I find that I need to be with my family at this time in my life.

We have been here for almost six months and we are so glad we chose Country Club of La Cholla. The staff are all caring and helpful. There are so many interesting activities, beautiful gardens and surroundings, good food and an interesting mix of people to interact with.

MBK Senior Living Home Office Representative

How wonderful to hear! We’re grateful that The Country Club of La Cholla has so exceptionally met your individual needs. We appreciate your kind words about the community's activities, dining and beautiful environment. It is our pursuit as a senior living provider, to be the top choice in each of the markets we serve. Thank you for choosing The Country Club of La Cholla; we are pleased to be of service to you.

Outstanding Care for mom and dad

I would highly recommend this community. The staff is nice and caring and attentive. The community is very clean. My parents are offered really good meals to enjoy. They are now getting started in getting involved with the activities. We would recommend other families to this community for the care and the value that is received.

MBK Senior Living Home Office Representative

Thank you so much for your kind words. We're happy to be of service to your parents, and are thrilled to hear how they are enjoying the amenities, services and dining program. We appreciate your referral.

Many, many thefts and no security!! The food is terrible!
We are ready to make a move!

MBK Senior Living Home Office Representative

Earning — and maintaining — our residents’ confidence in our care and services is something we take very seriously at MBK Senior Living. We are sorry to hear that your trust has been shaken by the thefts at The Country Club of La Cholla. We understand and share your frustration. Please know that we have taken numerous steps to investigate, and are working directly with local authorities to swiftly correct the problem. If there is anything more we can do to put you at ease and regain your trust, we encourage you to speak with Executive Director, Lionel Kier.

My Thought Of The Tour

The people we met at this community were nice. This community was larger than we were looking for as there would have been more walking involved. The community seemed clean.

The Staff Are On Top Of Our Concerns

My parents are in the retirement side and at first the apartment had some issues but once I told the staff they were right on top of fixing the issues. The cook recently quit so the meals have been horrid. They have pictures of meals for the day and have soup available all day. My parents have the option to eat 2 meals they offer. My mom has developed friends and feel part of the community but not ready for activities yet. They recently got robbed, the police are working on the issue and getting it resolved but there have been no other issues with housekeeping.

MBK Senior Living Home Office Representative

At MBK Senior Living our purpose is to exceed the quality, service and care expectations of those we serve. We’re sorry to hear we have some work to do in order to achieve that for you and your parents. We are grateful that you feel swift and appropriate actions are being taken to resolve issues that have arisen. We welcome you to speak with our executive director if you have additional suggestions or concerns that we can address immediately.

Not Impressed

As we walked around on the tour, we were not impressed. We tried their meals and it was okay. We felt that this was not a right fit for us because we were looking for a good rent with full care, meals, and
cleaning.

MBK Senior Living Home Office Representative

As one of our core principles, we embrace open communications. Thank you for yours! We wish you the very best as you explore your senior living options.

Exceptionally clean with a resort-like atmosphere. Super friendly staff and residents. Had the most activities of all three places. Witnessed card games, puzzle groups, huge library, arts and crafts program. Lots of movement of people in the three eating areas and other areas. It just felt fun. Seemed like a younger group - even in assisted living section. Super medical services available 24/7. Nursing staff spend quite awhile talking with us about mom's health. Price range is in our anticipated range. Lots for the money. I feel as if this was the best fit of the three. Beautiful place!!!

MBK Senior Living Home Office Representative

We appreciate hearing that you had such wonderful experience during your visit. Thank you for your kind words about The Country Club at La Cholla, we’re happy to be of service.

Suitable For My Mom

My mom is doing fine at this community and the experience has been fine too. The facility is clean and seems to be exceptional. The meals that are provided here is okay. The staff are wonderful people who are kind and attentive.

Great Tour!!

The staff was very friendly during the tour i took. The tour guide was knowledgeable and explained everything very well. I was offered a complimentary meal it was very good. The community was nice and tidy. They offer multiple great activities for the residents. My father really liked the set up of the community.

Ruff Start, Hoping Things Improve

My parents are doing okay here at this facility. This at first started out kind of ruff. The move in process was not very good. Their apartment wasn't ready for move-in, so we had to wait. It is a very nice looking community, they do a good job with the cleanliness. They seem to promise a lot of things they do not follow through with. My parents are pleased with the food. We haven't been really informed of the activities yet. This is a better place for them, than them living alone at home.

Review of Country Club at La Cholla - Tucson, AZ

Close to my home. A beautiful resort style property. Full kitchens. 2 meals with soup bar. 2000 community fee. Independent Assisted living. Many activities.Director and staff fully engaged. I would certainly consider this for myself!

They Are Responsive

Any problems with the property are taken care of straight away. They are responsive to any problems we have. They could perhaps improve on the menu a little bit. However, they are very generous with their meals.

A wonderful facility- Like a resort!!

We recently signed up for a "snowbird" stay of several months, anticipating that this will be our home once we are finished downsizing. This is a truly wonderful place. The main areas and shared areas are completely renovated into a functional and very inviting space. The grounds are beautiful throughout. Friendly residents are all around.

We are absolutely AMAZED at the quality of the food! NOT in any way your average institutional food. Everything is very FRESH, not canned, overcooked, or bland. It is seasoned well and not salty. You get what you want among many many choices on the menu. We know few restaurants in the area where the food is this good, while being this healthy! The wait staff are wonderful energetic young people who make the meal a great experience. Can't say enough about it.

Our Next and Last Move

My wife and I plan to move to the Tucson area and spent time online to research 15 retirement communities there before we traveled there for first-hand visits. After eliminating most of those for various reasons (most important were high cost, the need to go outdoors to get to the dining room, and the lack of two-bedroom two-bath apartments), we arranged for trial stays at four places. The Country Club of La Cholla was our third to stay in, but the best of our finalists. My wife walks with a cane after a stroke several years ago, and the Country Club was the only place to greet us with an offer to provide a wheelchair for our tour. This was our first indication of the warm and caring attitude of the staff. Our stay of several days gave us the opportunity to see many activities and sample breakfast and supper meals - all of which were very good, with friendly and helpful wait staff. This is our number one choice for our move as soon as we sell our house.

adding assisted living building

They are changing and adding assisted living into the building which I think they will improve. I think they could improve in the activities and have more people come in on the outside to participate.

Staff was super and their interaction with residents was impressive. Joan knew rheir names, they knew her. Energy level was good. Lots to do here. Pets are kept to specific living areas so didn't bother mom's asthma. Clean facility and airy living spaces. Kitchens seem larger than other places we've seen. Food was average, prices about the same.

great place

Country Club at La Cholla is a great place. They have outstanding food. The staff is great here. There is almost too much to do with the activities that they have going on. I have no complaints about this facility. So far so good. Everything gets five stars from me.

got sick

I got sick as soon as I moved into Country Club at La Cholla. So I haven't been very active here yet. The facility is very clean. The staff are extremely helpful and friendly. Overall I am pleased I just haven't experience enough here yet.

First Hand Experience with my mother

I have a very personal experience and favorable opinion of this community. My mother had been living in another community in Phoenix, and she along with my wife and I both agreed she should be closer to us in Tucson. We toured quite a few places, and chose The Country Club of La Cholla for many reasons. From the moment we arrived on our first visit, I remember my mother saying "I really feel at home here. The residents are so friendly, the people on staff are always asking how they can help serve you, there are so many activities that I enjoy being involved in, and the food is great." As her son who was concerned in making the right choice for my mother's safe and secure future, The Country Club of La Cholla was definitely the correct decision to make. I highly recommend you consider this amazing senior community for your loved ones as I did, or yourself if it is your time to move.

Helpful staff

I would like to thank the staff at the Country Club for the assistance given to me while seeking a residence for my mother. Everyone was very helpful. I especially want to thank Catherine for her guidance and help. She went above and beyond my expectations. Mom will be in good hands at your facility.

Not what it seems.

Not enough car service available for residents depending on them. Chief left recently and quality of food below expectations. Showers are dangerous in some units for elderly people. Should all be Changed out, [removed] ready to happen.

No major event for the Fourth of July. Only an hour and a half picnic middle of day. Very upsetting. Again not up to spend or expectations. Very sad.

I didn't know I was going to be this content and happy

I didn't know I was going to be this content and happy moving here. Joni Edwards called me and I felt so comfortable with her. She bent over backwards to help me make this change. She went over and above. It's the atmosphere of a country club. The staff that manages the place, all of the people that work here are just wonderful. The top maintenance man asked me if I was happy, and that is the. Everyone knows my name. It has been a great experience, and I am quite happy here. I have a nice casita, and it was very economical. The food is delicious, not too big of portions so if you can't eat it all. The servers are all very nice, they always ask if you would like more, and you can have a glass of wine with your meal, they will box up your desert. It's a beautiful place, with all new floors and it's been all renovated, it's lovely.

NIce

We moved here about a month or so ago and very nice. The apartments are nice and big and kept up to date. The food is good but could be more portions. The staff is great but they could use some more help definitely under staff.

Beautiful, clean, safe location for my parents

My parents moved here several months ago and they love it. The staff is warm and friendly, Joni is particularly wonderful. The wait staff is very patient and elderly friendly. There are plenty of activities but my 1 disappointment is the shuttle bus doesn't allow the residents to bring walkers on board. They do have another vehicle for transportation that does accommodate assistance devices (walkers/wheelchairs) for the residents. The food is gourmet quality and my parents are eating well even with the 2 meals a day allowance. There are always free treats available throughout the day. Each apartment has a full kitchen but my mom never uses it. Care services are available but at an additional charge. The a la carte care services is a great way to go and the charges are very reasonable. Housekeeping is provided weekly for linen changes and floor cleaning and is very thorough. All of the residents that we have met are friendly, helpful and happy to be at this beautiful location. The clubhouse remodel is complete and it is first-rate. I am very glad to have my parents at this safe location for their later years of life.

Love living here

This is a great place. I love the ambiance and all the folks. Everyone is welcoming and helpful. My apartment is very convenient and there is lots of space for activities in the newly remodeled 25000 sq. ft. clubhouse. Also the food is terrific.
Bill L

Seeing is Believing!

About 6 months ago when I came to take the tour of The Country Club of LaCholla, it was under going a huge remodeling and face lift. It was chaos, and all the common areas were boarded up and zillions of workers working non stop. I liked the apartment, so decided to move in.
Today the butterfly emerged from its cocoon, and it's beautiful.
The location is very accessible to shopping, doctors, drug stores, and the bus takes us to special outings plus we have so many activities here as well as concerts, happy hours, fitness classes, book club, Bible study and on and on. Throw in housecleaning and delicious food (no cooking) and new best friends. Come visit us and see for yourself!

I love it, and I can't believe I love it. I feel like I get happier everyday.

I love it, and I can't believe I love it. I thought I was a little anti social, and it turns out not so much. I feel like I get happier everyday. It's awesome, the people are wonderful. There is more to do than I want do, but I get to pick and choose. They seem to have a lot of card games, they have an exercise room, and they have a wonderful young woman, I don't know what she is accredited in, she isn't a Physical Therapist, but she is able to help make sure that I did the right exercises at the classes. The staff are in tune with the residents. They have done a couple of stress management classes and they are going to do more because it was so appreciated it. They have a happy hour, and they took some people to music under the stars. I have been here for almost seven months, and the food is good, I have only had one time that I wasn't sure of the food. They have two menus and they have two of the main choices and they have a couple plates so you can see what the food looks like. We are right now in renovation. Most people are even accepting of the noise. It's a beautiful place.

I really liked how helpful and friendly the people were.

They are very clean, and the staff is friendly too. The food is about a 3, I thought it was very good, but I have heard complaints. I am pleased about where he is at. I really liked how helpful and friendly the people were. I liked the outdoor area, they have a really nice courtyard, nice and shady.

Nice facility. Very far.

Nice facility. Very far.

The Country Club of La Cholla offers luxury retirement living for the young at heart.

You can relax in the classic country club setting of the Catalina Foothills and make yourself comfortable in one of our bright and spacious apartment homes. Your calendar will be full as you join your neighbors for a wide variety of planned social and fitness activities, educational seminars, in house concerts, and much, much more!

*Limited time only on select apartments.