Desert Springs - Oro Valley, AZ

Need Much Improvement

My family member has lived here for about five years and I've noticed a steady decline in all aspects of the facility. The main point has to do with the current management team; many of them seem to have an 'attitude' - dismissive, condescending, almost unfriendly. Have heard some of the residents express very similar interactions, support staff usually get higher marks for willingness to please and be of service.

Up in Oro Valley. No in-home care onsite. Can wear a necklace for $100/year. Seemed homey. Only a few studios for $2095.

A Beautiful Casita

We are doing fine here, it a nice community. We have a lovely casita. It is a very well-kept community. The staff is wonderful, they are very understanding and accommodating. There are activities offered for us to try when we are ready. We are very pleased with the food. Everything is working out very well and I would recommend it.

This place is very up-beat and positive feeling!

Great!

Review of Desert Springs - Oro Valley, AZ

Close to my home. Set hours for 3 meals. Lots of activities. A little bit of strange smell when walking in but hallways were fine. 2 bedroom set-up had great space.Health facilitates contracted out but on property. 24 hour assistance. 1st month deposit with 1 2 returned on checkout. Minette was very nice to tour with.

No Complaints

I really do not have any complaints about the Desert Springs facility. My loved one is staying there now and I think it is just an amazing place and I am glad that we were able to find it and put her there.

They Go Out Of Their Way

What they have done well was the manager and the assistant manager set up the tours that were nice. They went out of their way to make the transition as smooth as possible. They had the apartment ready. The maintenance guy is phenomenal. They have gone out of their way.

I'm hesitant to give them even one star. We scheduled a tour and couldn't find any staff when we got there. Office was empty. There was a meeting behind a closed door and nobody came out when they all saw us looking in. We waited 30 minutes and left.

They have been outstanding.

They have been outstanding. I would highly recommend them. The facility is beautiful and clean. The food is good. the staff has been friendly and attentive. I really don't have any complaints. I have been very pleased with them.

Life at Desert Springs...

I lived at Desert Springs for 5 weeks. Although FS is advertised for 55+, the median age is 83 which is too old for me.

The building is lovely, situated in a beautiful Oro Valley location. I had difficulty getting cell phone coverage in my studio apartment but opted out getting a landline.

The food is o.k. on a daily basis and special occasions are well done! DS tries to accommodate everyone's needs and requests to the best of their ability. While I did not do activities, there are sufficient for all. The staff try their best to make living on a daily basis, pleasant and comfortable.

I feel the cost to live at Desert Springs very reasonable....a good value for the money....

Desert Springs goes the extra mile

The staff at Desert Springs are just amazing. After taking the tour of the facility and committing to the move to Desert Springs, my Mom fell and was in the hospital and rehab for almost a month. The folks at Desert Springs got her apartment ready and had her belongings moved in so when she got out of Rehab she could move right into her apartment.

The staff made her feel very welcome and she is excited about being there. They have also accommodated all the family members who have been helping my mom and been staying the night until she is healed. We all feel very comfortable with Desert Springs.

Dad is slowly joining in . . .

The community has great activities every day and Dad is slowly joining in. Desert Springs is a very good value compared to others we visited. The staff is helpful and very accommodating. Our family relocated from Michigan. While still waiting for Dad's furniture to arrive, the staff and community made sure he had a furnished unit, which we felt was very thoughtful. They are taking good care of him. Desert Springs has a terrific exercise room and the food is very good. We're very happy with the decision to choose Desert Springs for Dad.

Nice but not what I was looking for.

They were nice and clean, but not really right for me. I didn't like that everyone had to eat at the same time. The mealtimes were very regimented. They didn't have casitas which is what I was looking for, and they were pretty close to the freeway.

I found it fantastic. The people that work there were just wonderful.

I found it fantastic. The people that work there were just wonderful. I found them awesome, the premises and everything, they have just been amazing. They have been very accommodating, it's well maintained and lovely. It is a great place for those who are more independent. We were only there a short time, but I really am going to miss them. They have just been wonderful.

pat and ric h the managers have bee...

pat and ric h the managers have been gre4at and alwase so helpful if there is a problem. they have been friends and i will miss them

We believe that Desert Springs Gracious Retirement Living is so much more than walls and windows - it's a place to enjoy home-cooked meals, game night, or a quiet evening with family and friends. It's where you always feel comfortable, safe, and secure.

At Desert Springs Gracious Retirement Living, our management teams live on-site, and are available 24 hours a day. Our food is truly made from scratch, and served right to your table along with a smile from our friendly staff.

Enjoy the convenience of our comfortable bus for scheduled appointments, shopping trips and other errands. We also regularly plan special excursions to cultural events, day trips, museums, and other places of interest. If you'd rather stay home, the choice is yours. It's easy to be as private or as social as you wish, Desert Springs Gracious Retirement Living features beautiful common areas and there's always a variety of planned activities and a chance to socialize with friends and neighbors every day.