Fairwinds - Desert Point - Oro Valley, AZ

Property is well above the current budget. Good location. Hear good things about Fairwinds from a family member.

Beautiful!

Fairwinds was my first choice when I was looking for a home for my mom to go to. I ultimately chose a different community, but at no fault to Fairwinds. Their grounds are beautiful and it's specialized for independent living and assisted living. The only reason I didn't go with this community is because my mom will eventually need memory care, which is something they unfortunately don't offer.

Nice Community

Fairwinds - Desert Point is a really nice community. The staff was very friendly and were helpful in answering the questions that we had. We chose another community that would have units that did not have any stovetops in them. We wanted our loved one to have full meal service so that she would get the proper nourishment.

My Husband is Getting Assistance

We like everything about this community. My husband has been fine since he moved into the assisted living part of the community. We have no complaints. It is very clean in and out and the staff have shown to be attentive with my husband.

Friendly and informative...

It all came down to location and price but I had a good tour of Fairwinds. The tour guide did a very good job in giving me information and answering my questions, Everyone there was friendly in the facility itself was very clean and in good shape.

A nice place

This seemed like a nice clean community when we visited. The person that took us on tour was nice. This community allows pets and has a pool. This community did not offer memory care so it would not work for us.

A great tour!

My tour of Desert Point went very well. The community was set up very nicely and the staff was all very friendly. They answered all of my questions and took me around the building.

Chelsia Hart

Thank you for taking the time to tour our community. We appreciate the positive feedback and look forward to the opportunity of serving you in the future!
Scott Haile, General Manager

Mom is very happy with her new home

My mom seems to be very comfortable and happy in her new living environment. She has enjoyed the healthy well balanced food that that the chef prepares as well as the company of the other residents during meal times. My mom has also slowly started to participate in the many activities and events the staff put on for them throughout the week to help keep them entertained and busy. We are very pleased with the outcome of her move so far and hope it continues to go this smooth.

Exceptional community!!

Out of all of the different communities my wife and I had visited this one was by far the best. All of the staff was friendly and very welcoming with lots of useful information of there establishment. All of the bedrooms where very spacious with lots of bright lights throughout the rooms. The dinning hall and all other common areas where also outstanding. I would defiantly recommend this place to anyone looking into retirement.

I met with [Removed]. She was not expecting me. She was very gracious. Saw two one bedroom apartments in both phase 1 and phase 2. Two bedrooms were quoted but prices were very high.

Extremely friendly and helpful administration. Stacy met us on time and talked with us about the situation. It's a clean environment with lots of socialization. Independent and assisted living are intermingled. Sit separate areas. Drawback: Very, very small apartments. Only had two available. Not a big turnover so being on a wait list is common. The one, ground floor, apartment looked out to the main entrance parking lot and was next to a stairwell. Not acceptable to mom. Other was overlooking parking lot with full trees. Not bad, but there was no balcony so no outside patio leisure. Room was still too small even though it was a one bedroom with additional living room. Minimal kitchen utilities. No dishwashers nor oven. Two burner stovetop. Small fridge. No coat closet. Storage was minimal. Small bathroom.

Chelsia Hart

Thank you for visiting Fairwinds Desert Point. We’re glad you came to look around. We try to determine a good size and fit for families when they visit, but there may be more options you wish to see. We have studios and larger apartments all the way up to 1437sf. If you feel the apartments you saw on your tour weren’t quite the right fit, please contact us again and we’ll be happy to show you something larger.
Thanks,
Scott Haile, General Manager

I would recommend this community!!

Things are good at Fairwinds. Everybody here is wonderful. The food is good.They offer a wide variety of activities such as bingo, informative speakers and educational classes, however I think they need more card games.

Chelsia Hart

Thank you for taking the time to let us know how we’re doing at Fariwinds Desert Point. I’m happy to hear that you enjoy our wide variety of activities. I appreciate you sharing the feedback about the card games and I’ll pass it on to my team. Please feel free to reach out to me directly if you have specific suggestions for the games you would like us to implement.
Thanks,

My Tour

I liked seeing the nice community. I was provided with all the information needed. It is a newer facility and I got to see all the nice amenities. I felt the price was a bit much in price.

Absolutely beautiful property. Employees seem happy.many have worked there long time. Dining facility is gorgeous. Rooms are nice. Plus for this place is the silver sneakers programming.

Our mother just moved into Fairwinds Desert Point and from our initial tour too move in, everything is and has been perfect. I wanted to commend the staff for their thoughtfulness and compassion, as this was a hard decision for our family to make. Mom is doing well and told us her favorite part so far is the food, but she's says there are a lot of activities she has yet to explore. The building is clean, has residents interacting in the lobby as you enter, and just has a warm feel about it. We toured other communities and noticed lack of socialization. Socialization was one of the things we were looking for and we found it at Desert Point. I'm sure mom will be happy for years to come. Thanks Desert Point.

A Very Lovely Community

This is a very lovely community. I recently broke my arm and they have been extra helpful to me. The community is very well-kept. The staff is excellent, they are always willing to help. There are great activities like bible study, and work out classes. I'am very impressed with the food, even my friends who came and ate with me were very impressed. This is a community I would highly recommend.

Review of Fairwinds - Desert Point - Oro Valley, AZ

Again close to home. Beautiful property. All the amenities. Food credit of 400 each month to spend in dining room. Theater pool fitness center. 2 phases of the property. Indepentent living assisted living..stay in the same apartment.Right now full.

Furnished guest suites available for ...

Furnished guest suites available for nightly rate of $90 to $125 plus $25 for extra person. 2Bdr/2Bath/2person = $4500/mo. Includes $400 credit for each for restaurant that's open to public. Suzie would work with us on a monthly rate for extended stay. Activity director onsite 5 days a week. Transport included. Eclectic. Interesting activities.

When you visit our retirement community in the heart of Oro Valley, you’ll notice something unexpected the minute you walk through the doors. You can see, hear, and feel the energy and vibrancy of our community. The lobby is bustling, people are laughing, and friends are chatting. Some are planning outings to Catalina State Park or the Coronado National Forest, while others are gathered in the bistro drinking their morning coffee. Fairwinds - Desert Point feels like an active community because it is an active community.

Our philosophy of white glove, five-star service translates into an experience that feels more like a vacation at your favorite resort rather than a typical retirement community. The atmosphere is warm, friendly, and inviting—whatever our residents need, our helpful staff is ready to deliver.

At Fairwinds - Desert Point, we don’t just care for people—we care about people, and want to help our residents live the retirement of their dreams. Ready to hit the greens and perfect your golf swing? No problem. How about a European cruise? We’ll plan it end to end. Karaoke after dinner sound fun? Standard play. Gourmet meals for the most discerning foodie? Our chefs are award-winning. Whatever you want to do, whatever your passions are, we can help bring them to life in this next phase of life.

At Fairwinds - Desert Point, the retirement of your dreams is there for the taking. All you have to do is make yourself at home.