The Cottages at Quail Creek - Amarillo, TX

• Assistance with all aspects of daily living

The answer to our prayers.

Placing my Dad in a care facility was the hardest thing I have ever had to do. We tried caring for him in our home. I knew when he was trying to leave at all hours of the day and night that I was not going to be successful with home care. I found The Cottages at Quail Creek and I can say that after 8 months this was the best decision I could have made. Their entire staff have been the answer we were looking for. I would recommend this facility to anyone needing a locked community for their loved ones.

Great memory care facility

When our previous community realized they couldn’t assist my mother in-law, we had to move her but I really wish she could have got here sooner to get what she needed. They worked with us and answered all of our questions. They contacted us when anything happened and they needed answers. Even the building manager was great! The staff interacted with other patients very well. If one of them got lost in the halls they would hold their hand and bring them to where they needed to be. The facility even had picnics, parties, and family nights where they would grill out hot dogs and hamburgers! The staff doesn’t like the patients just sitting around and being depressed. They invite them to play paddle board, dominoes, games with balloons and pool noodles. Even when things got bad they were still providing care to our family. I would really recommend this place.

Appreciate what they are doing

They made the move into this community very smooth. The staff did a great job of helping my husband ease into this new situation. The caregivers are kind, lovely, treat the residents so well and call them by name. The community is clean and there is an outside patio with a beautiful fenced in yard. He enjoys the well balanced meals and they offer snacks. They helped us find a great home health agency for his hospice care. They engage him in some of the daily activities. I am really pleased and I would recommend this community.

Care for mom

This is a nice community for care. I like the staff who keep me informed on changes for my mom. The community is clean and maintained. We like that she is active with the list of the activities that are offered to the residents. They have a nice menu of healthy meals. We would recommend this community for the care of a loved one.

Clean Community, but Not The One For Us

I toured this community for my mother, and her needs. My tour went well overall, but I knew this wasn't the right fit for my mother. The community was clean, and looked nice. The staff was kind, and friendly. One thing I noticed is that there were a few women just sitting in wheelchairs, and staring off in space. Also there was a gentleman wandering the halls, and that was concerning to me. It is a nice community, but not the one for us.

Trustworthy Staff

My husband has dementia and this community is able to provide good care. So far his transition has been good. The community is all good and clean. He enjoys the smaller experience during meal times. There are 4 areas for residents to eat. He has made some friends during meal time. His bedroom is kept nice and clean and nothing has been misplaced by housekeeping or staff. I would recommend the community to family and friends.

Mom Is Well Here

My mother is all settled into this community, and doing pretty well. She seems to have adjusted very well to it, and I'am pleased with her move to this community. I know she is safe and being cared for great at this community. They have a lovely staff, they have been very helpful and attentive. Overall it is a community I would recommend, it has worked out pretty well for us so far.

I don't think this one would be a good fit for mom. the price was great. Also did not like the shared bath rooms.

Not very appealing !!

I was not very impressed with this community during our tour. The building inside and out did not seem very appealing to me and did not have anything that stood out to me. There was too much construction going on during our visit as well.

Dad is doing great

My dad just moved into this community and he's done really well. The staff have worked extra hard to make him feel comfortable and to make sure he's involved in activities. He enjoys their beautiful gated courtyard and we enjoy the peace of mind that he's in a locked and secure community. Before dad moved here we were worried about him getting out of the house. Oftentimes one of the neighbors would call us and let us know that dad was wandering in the neighborhood. We were really afraid that he'd get hurt or worse. I can't thank the staff at the Cottages enough for making this transition easy for dad and for helping us find the best place for him next to home.

The Tour Was Really Great

I had the pleasure of looking at this community and found that it is well maintained and looks great. The director was very great at answering all my question and showed me all that was to view. I came during lunch time and it seemed that is was going okay. The rooms are nice and spacious and some had private bathrooms. The staff are welcoming and great and seem to know what they are doing.

Misrepresentation

Things are going good so far with my since moving her in the community. The place is nice and the staff is okay. The only problem that I had is the misrepresentation of what was going to happen when finances changed for my mother,but other then that the care is good and there is good RN's on site to help her. She looks the best she has looked in 10 years so I'm very happy about that. The only reason I give it 4 stars is because of the misrepresentation other then that it's a nice place

Nice place, great staff, again it seems to be more nursing home than I need at this time.

Nice looking community

We toured this community when we were looking into care options for our loved one. This was a very nice looking community, and the staff all seemed very friendly and professional during our tour. We were a little put off by the setup for their memory care unit, it was all shared rooms, with no private bathrooms. However, now that we've had a bit of experience with memory care I can see that this set up might have benefits for memory care patients.

No way we would move here

No way we would move here

Mandy Quinn

I am sorry you were disappointed. Please email us at [removed] so that we may address your concerns.

Facilities and staff are great for re...

Facilities and staff are great for residents. I would maybe add some counseling for family members who are reluctant to accept that placing their loved one here is the right decision.

Not Right for Our Family

They were...I don't know...we just didn't get a good feel from them. I think they're fantastic - just not for our family.

Mandy Quinn

I am sorry that we were not the right fit for your family. If there is something we can assist you with, please email me at [removed] so that we may help.

The Cottages are state-of-the-art residences for people living with Alzheimer's and other dementias. Each resident is cared for based on their own physical, mental and emotional needs in a warm, caring environment that makes it home for them. Under the supervisions of our 24-hour staff, we provide personal care assistance medicine supervisions, meals, snacks and specialized activities. Within our small community, we develop personal relationships with our residents. The unique floor plan and luxury finish out provides consistency and a home-like environment. Well-balanced meals are served family-style in each cottage. Our activity program is designed for memory impairment, and we offer personalized care for all stages of Alzheimer's, Parkinson's, stroke and other dementias.

Our home-like environment is what makes us special. Our residence is designed with four individual town homes for 8 - 12 residents. Meals are provided in a smaller setting, along with individual family rooms and dining rooms for each town home. This individualized approach provides comfort and security for the resident.
Our caregivers are specially trained to provide for those with memory impairments. With our small, home-like community, we develop personal relationships with our residents.