The Continental - Austin, TX

Review of The Continental

My dad loves it here! He says the food is great, it's clean and the management is the best!

Review of The Continental

When I started looking for a place to live I never thought I would find a place like this. I have so many friends, the food is great, the staff is super and I feel at ease.

We toured with [name removed] and she was very pleasant. Everyone here seemed very happy, people living there was telling us how much they loved it. Seemed to have many activities. Downfall, seemed dated, not much outdoor spaces as far as waling trails, swimming pool, not doggie yards. At this time would be my 2nd choice.

Review of The Continental

What a wonderful place. Good food and atmosphere. My dad loves it here.

Review of The Continental

Older building but taken care of nicely. All the residents looked happy and staff and residents stoped often to greet my mother and myself. Will be back to tour again.

Review of The Continental

I come here twice a week to work with my patients. It is always a warm and welcoming environment. I actually look forward to my visits here and I recommend this place to all my patients that need independent living.

Review of The Continental

What a wonderful place. Good food and atmosphere. My dad loves it here.

Review of The Continental

Great location! Very clean and comfortable. You can tell the residents here are happy and well taken care of.

Review of The Continental

My mom is extremely happy here, I can not say enough about the Director, he is the best! All the staff here is super. I would live here myself if I was of age.

Review of The Continental

I've been a resident here for 5 years and I love it here just as much as I did when I moved in,

The Continental is what we have been looking for. The only problem was that nothing is available at the current time in a two bedroom. We had to get on the waiting list for a two bed room, which we did. Looking forward to moving in. [Name removed]

Review for The Continental

Very clean and has a great atmosphere. Feels good!

Facility has everything at their fingertips

My Mother-In-Law hasn’t been here for very long but everything is just fine so far. It seems like this facility has everything at their fingertips. I really like that they are all-inclusive. They have everything from bingo, food, and even shuttles to take her to her doctor’s appointments.

Aaaamazingggg !

If I could give this place 10 stars, I would in a heart beat !! Such friendly staff as soon as you walk through the door, everything very clean & very professional but yet a homey feeling as well !! I’d recommend this place to anyone! Amazing just amazing !

Best Choice

I am an 85 year old resident of The Continental Retirement Community. After my husband died in 2010, I lived alone for four years in my home in De Soto, Texas. Even with many friends, I found living alone was not the best situation for me. I have a son, his wife and one grandson living in South Austin, so this was the ideal place to resettle. Together we looked at several other facilities. The decision was easy, we found The Continental ideal for my needs. The thing that attracted me most was the friendliness of all the staff, the servers in the dinning room and all the residents we met. Another big attraction was having my own washer and dryer in my apartment. This has meant so much not having to go down the hall to do my laundry. I have lived here for almost three years and still love where I live. I feel as if God led me here to this great place. I am looking forward to many years at The Continental.

Options for care

This was a nice tour for the care that we needed for my father's care. The community was clean and had a nice menu of healthy meals. We like that the community was clean and maintained. We would recommend that others tour this community for the care of a loved one.

My grandfather is very pleased with The Continental.
My advisor from A Place For Mom was super helpful when locating a community for him. He enjoys the atmosphere and loves the food. The price is just right. He gets weekly cleaning and linen service. There are no issues that I am aware of.

Comfort for mom!!

My mother is doing well since her move to The continental. She likes it and everyone there is very nice. I am glad she is in a safe environment. We fixed up her patio to look like her back yard at home. They have physical therapy and speech therapy there on site, and I am hoping they will encourage her to join some activities, It has been a good experience so far, and I hope she likes it enough to stay.

Emailed & heard back from [removed] saying cost is within budget. Need to set up appointment to tour.

We toured this community for care for the family. The staff were nice and answer the questions we had on the care that is offered. The staff was nice and helpful to our needs. We liked that it was clean and maintained.We wanted a community this was more open. The menu was appealing. We would recommend that other families tour this community for the care of a loved one

Nice apartments! Sweet and caring staff. Moving between units is no cost.

Very nice place

We're very pleased by how things have turned out with The Continental. It's a very nice place and our experience has been a positive one.

Loved the feel of the continental, added care options, plus the amenities, balconies, views and price seem like the perfect place for my mother.

A tour for me

I liked this nice clean community. The staff was very nice and friendly and were able to answer my questions on the care avaiilable. They did offer me a meal and it did seem appealing. I liked the activities that were offered here. The community was clean and maintained. I would recommend this community to families for the care and value, but they would need to tour for themselves.

I like this community!!

My mom is settling in well at The Continental. The staff are friendly and helpful. The food is good and they offer a variety of choices. They keep the community clean and well taken care of. The offer daily activities.

We are very happy here. It's a very nice place and the move went smoothly.

We are very happy here. It's a very nice place and the move went smoothly. I would rate them a five out of five as well.

I like it.

I like it. Mom and Dad like it. For the cost, I would give it's pretty clean and the staff is friendly. They seem to genuinely care for the residents. They both really like the food. Of the places I looked at, it was probably the most well kept. They have a home care available, and a rehab staff available. The staff were professional and serious while still being courteous. The room size for me. I think they gave me the most bang for the buck. I would highly recommend it. It's family owned. It looks like a nice Victorian era hotel on the interior with some modern touches. They cater to veterans.

Review of The Continental - Austin, TX

This place seemed to be in transition. Most people we met working there were new. The apartments although older were spacious. Jennifer was very pleasant the residents sweet but the food was so very awful. The price was affordable

I love it here!

I am definitely okay with making the decision to move to The Continental. The staff is always willing to help and very friendly. There is always something for us residents to do. I really enjoy playing rummy cube and mahjong. I will also start playing mexican train which I am really excited about! So far the experience has been a great one!

No Complaints

My loved one had a little trouble in the beginning, but it was not too bad. So far everything with The Continental has been fine. I really can not complain about anything in regards to the place or staff.

main thing that needed improving is the food and service

Overall things are going pretty well at The Continental. The main thing that needed improving is the food and service. They are working on it though. Service started later that it should for the noon dining. The food quality has also improved. The residents and the staff are so friendly. She enjoys her one bedroom apartment. She has weekly housekeeping. I like their underground parking. It is very nice and a big plus.

Overall, very positive experience.

My sister moved in a week ago. So far, the experience for her has been 100% positive. The staff and management are attentive and helpful, and the residents are similarly friendly and eager to make her feel welcome. The apartment is quite nice, and the food is excellent. She might eventually opt for a larger apartment since she was accustomed to a fairly large house prior to moving to Austin. If you are planning to move to any senior community and need to downsize, devote a lot of attention to it before you move too much stuff into a smaller space! Soon as she is settled in, I know she'll begin to enjoy many of the activities and outings. The Continental is a lively place located in a greenbelt area. My sister enjoys the variety of birds and small animals visible from her back windows and balcony. Overall, I'm pretty sure she is going to be very satisfied with her choice to live at the Continental.

Sunshine

We are glad to hear your sister is enjoying the short time she has spent at The Continental. Our dedicated staff takes pride in their service, commitment and attention to each and every resident and it seems like you have experienced this firsthand. Please let us know if there is anything we can do to make your sister even happier.

5 stars across the board

The Continental is an excellent community. We are very happy and satisfied. I rate this community 5 stars across the board. Everything is going well. I would recommend The Continental.

Sunshine

Your review is very much appreciated and we thank you for sharing your experience at The Continental.

So far it's great.

So far it's great. We are really happy with them. It's working out well. I would rate them very highly so far, and give them a five out of five.

Sunshine

We appreciate your review and are happy to hear all you are happy with your decision. If there is anything we can do to make your experience any better, please let us know.

very friendly

Mom has only been at The Continental for about a month, but during that time we have been very impressed with what we have seen and the services they provide.

The friendliness of the staff really stands out. And the residents all seem very very happy to be there.

Sunshine

We are glad you and your mother have been able to experience our warm and caring community here in Austin. Our dedicated staff is available 24/7 to assist each residents and provide you with the peace of mind your loved one is safe. Please let us know if there is anything we can ever do to improve your mothers expectations.

A Holistic way of Life...Improving the Spirit through Community

My father recently moved into The Continental from out of state. My sister and I could not have asked for a better professional team in the management. They worked with our family in helping get Dad settled as quickly as possible in his new home. Before he was able to move in, they invited him to become a part of the community by including him in meal times and social activities. I observed that the management team was highly skilled in elder care and worked tirelessly to create an atmosphere that was holistic in nature and could improve an individual's health on a variety of levels.

In two weeks time, my father who is living with Parkinson's Disease has improved greatly. He is eating three delicious meals a day, engaging in community activities, participating in exercise classes, as well as accessing transportation to the Y.M.C.A. that is provided 3 times a week. He is singing in the morning, smiling throughout the day, and his movement and posture have improved. His words are, "I love it here!!!"

When I first walked into The Continental, I valued the natural light that filtered the dining hall and the view of looking out at the trees. I observed management graciously interacting with the residents and loving their jobs. It just felt great to be in this community.

I highly recommend The Continental for any senior that is ready to transition into an intentional community of support and improve their lives physically, socially, and emotionally."

Sunshine

Thank you Stacey for sharing this with us! Hearing how happy your father is just makes our day. Residents and their well-being are our number one priority and an important part of our family here at The Continental. You can be assured your father will continue to be in good hands.

The Continental, Austin, Texas

All the personnel and management at the Continental in Austin, Texas were very accommodating and helpful. The facility was found to be well maintained and the food was good. My parents immediately felt right at home and are excited to be moving there. The residents have welcomed them there, also. This has been a very good experience.

Sunshine

We thank you for taking the time to review our community and share your feedback with the SeniorAdvisor.com community. We are always looking for ways to further improve, so please, let us know if there is anything we can do to make your parents experience even better!

Good Experience

Value is pretty good. My mom is living there, and she has been pretty happy with them. She goes to the YMCA three times a week for swimming and she likes that quite a bit. I like that they seem to be very attentive and know all the residents. She has a washer and dryer in her room, which was a big plus. She's in independent living and she gets three meals a day, but doesn't always go down and actually eats them. She doesn't particularly like the food, and that is her one complaint.

Wonderful Community

It is a wonderful community. My loved one really likes living here. They have a really nice dining area with some good food. The staff is very friendly and they have lots of activities for the resident who wishes to participate. They are conveniently located for me. They seem to really care about the residents. They involve the families as best as they can and even allow you to volunteer. They do need to update the carpet in the hallway and they could also use more exercise equipment. But overall it is a very good community that we are pleased with and would recommend to anyone.

Sunshine

We are so happy your loved one is happy living at The Continental and thank you for sharing your experience and kind words.

Excellent rapport with residents. An...

Excellent rapport with residents. An exceptionally friendly community. Apartments a little small and ammenities are limited. On-site dining is extremely slow. The people make the difference and I would recommend looking at it.

Sunshine

Our caring live-in managers put our residents first and we are so glad you were able to see this during your visit. I am sorry you were not completely satisfied with our amenities. What other features were you looking for so we can try to incorporate these in the future? I apologize for your slow service in the dining room and invite you to come back for lunch and hopefully have a better experience.

Liked it, especially the freedom. Apa...

Liked it, especially the freedom. Apartment very clean. A little expensive. Beauty shop, poker night.

Sunshine

Our independent living community allows each resident the ability to live independently and have the comfort of a larger community when they wish, like during resident activities. So glad have been able to take advantage of some of the many amenities we offer at The Continental.

This place was great. The apartments...

This place was great. The apartments were larger and the rent was a lot less. I found the perfect apartment for my father and his pets. I am sure that my father will love it too.

Sunshine

We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your visit and look forward to the opportunity for your father and his pets to reside at The Continental.

Much brighter physical space, althoug...

Much brighter physical space, although less nicely decorated than the Conservatory.

The Continental is an affordable all-inclusive retirement community, conveniently located in South Austin and just minutes from shopping, restaurant, hospitals and Austin International Airport. At Sunshine Retirement Living Community, we offer a variety of amenities to simplify your life, including 3 chef-prepared meals daily, fun daily activities, on-site beauty salon and free transportation, so you can all enjoy today and look forward to tomorrow!

In addition to its wonderful location and our gorgeous landscaping, The Continental residents enjoy the finest benefits in our affordable community, such as: *Chef-Prepared Meals: Enjoy three home-cooked daily meals prepared by our chef, served at your table in our dining room.

*Fun Social Activities and Outings: Access a full activity calendar including games, exercise, Karaoke, Wii Bowling, Bingo, movies and much more!

*Transportation: We offer local transportation for shopping trips, doctor’s appointments and other scheduled activities and events!

*Weekly Housekeeping Service: Enjoy your own personal housekeeper who will clean, vacuum, do light dusting, change your linens and bring you toilet tissue weekly.

*Caring Live-In Managers Available to You 24/7: You’ll have peace of mind knowing that our resident mangers live here too. Each apartment has an emergency communication system.

We would love the opportunity to show you around our beautiful community. Please contact us to schedule a visit and join us for lunch!