Parsons House Austin - Austin, TX

my daughter and I visited Parsons House yesterday and thoroughly enjoyed the visit. [name removed] gave us a lot of information abou5 Parsons House and answered all our questions. Then the tour. We saw a couple apartments, and all the common areas while we were there. We did not have time to sample the food during this visit but when my wife can visit, we will try the Chef’s creations. We do have a copy of the menu. We have just started looking and this is early in our search, but Parsons House will be hi*h on our list.

Loved it. My sister in law is only 60, but needs to be in assisted for her meds. The Independent and Assisted is totally mingled, so I think the chances of people being closer to her age are greater than in just an Assisted facility. Sooooo many activities going on. Think she could be happy there. Not a great location from where I live and need to see if we can make the numbers work. Met the owner and love that it's family owned!

My mom enjoyed her visit very much. The 1 bedroom deluxe was her favorite floor plan. The staff and the residents were friendly and everyone appeared happy. We would still like to see a few more so we have places to compare.

I went on a tour here

I went on a tour here and they answered all of my questions. The price was good and I liked how they had the option to pay in advance. They had a list of activities and it looked clean but this building is at least 30 years old and It looks like it. It just wasn't a good fit.

Papa is moving in! He asked pertinent questions, toured the facility and approved. Parsons House can provide 6 levels of care and will be flexible when it needs to change.He can choose what he eats. The studio is perfect for a person with a fall risk. The carpeting is good for wheelchairs and absorbs noise. People were out at 1:30pm, which is typically a nap time. I like that it is independent and assisted livng right next to one another.

Tour for care and comfort

We toured this community for the care from my father. We liked the staff who were nice and able to answer the questions on the care that is available. We were happy with the menu and the list of activities that are available. We would suggest that families tour this community. We wanted a location closer to home.

Excellent Staff Care!!

The staff care at this place has been excellent, they are always attentive to my mothers needs and stay in good communication with me about her care. She has had no complaints about the meals and enjoys participating in activities from time to time with the other residents. Overall we are very pleased and would recommend it to anyone interested.

Outstanding Care and Comfort for my mom

The care at this community is wonderful for my mom. The community staff are doing everything to make her comfortable. The menu is outstanding and the best variety. The community has alot of activities and then make sure that she is informed on what is offered each day and monthly. I would greatly recommend this community for a outstanding value that is affordable to care. We like the home feeling that is received. They have a nice movie theater for the residents. I like knowing that she is very happy.

Such a special place!

This is just a lovely place! It is a family owned facility, and the owner of the facility even comes once a month to pay a visit to residents! The staff are very caring, and the model of the facility seems very much like a personal home. I also found it unique that the assisted living and independent living quarters are so close, but this seemed like something positive. Overall, this is a very special place!

Very nice people!!

The Parsons House Austin was a nice place. The lady, [Removed], was awesome. We met on a Sunday and she spent hours taking me around introducing me to residents. With my mom, there are certain triggers that I would know she would not have been happy with about the place. First one was the parking lot was uneven and mom would have never gotten through the front door. The building needed new painting and it was dark.

We like it!

The staff has been great and they treated her well. She has started to get involved in a few acitivities, but they have a lot. The food is okay, but they need to have more of a variety. This is also close to me and I am able to see my aunt more.

Very Nice Place

This is a lovely community. Everything is going very well, and I'am pleased with my move here. Everybody has been very kind and welcoming. The community looks nice and clean. There are nice activities and good food available. Overall I'am pleased and would highly recommend this community.

I liked this community a lot!!

We had a good tour of this community. The staff were friendly. This is a little older community but it is in good shape. The price was a little higher than the community we chose.

So Far Everything Is Well

This is a nice facility, my mother is doing pretty well here. It is a good looking community, but I do think they could improve on the quality of cleaning and maintenance. The staff is great, they are caring for her very well. There are activities offered for the residents. The food is okay. So far everything is going well and I would recommend it.

A Pleasant Tour

I toured the facility and my tour went very well. I really liked this community. It looked very nice and well maintained. The staff was nice and friendly. The residents were very welcoming. They do offer good activities. They answered all my question. It was a pleasant tour.

Mom loves it at Parsons House

We, my mom especially, are very pleased with Parsons House. Jessica was the primary person we worked with and she's wonderful. She and Shane helped us quickly and with great care. Mom was excited to move to Parsons. Her room is lovely and homey with her favorite furniture, and she loves the food. We hope she will take advantage of the tremendous programs offered every day, and makes great friends with other residents who were so friendly during our visits.

Outside appearance can be deceiving, but inside is/has been recently renovated. No odors within the building. The staff is friendly and Jessica is great. We really are impressed with the meetings that each shift change has (every 8 hours), so that the new shift is aware of anything important for any of the residents. Healthy options for meals, plus alternate meal selections. Fitness rooms, coffee/break rooms. Large movie theatre room with recliners for the residents and a very large screen, various options of activities throughout the day, everyday, scheduled transportation. Weekly housekeeping/linen service. 24-hour staff/call system. WiFi access, small pets welcome, On-site: Beauty/Barber shop, doctor's office, country store, fitness area, chapel.

Wonderful experience

The care and diligence of the staff here are incomparable. My mom is very happy with everything here, as are we. I would highly recommend Parsons House Austin for anyone considering Assisted Living in Austin.

Parsons House-why go anywhere else?

Moved my Dad into Parsons House, a week ago today. He likes his room, it is one of the smallest they have, but is quite roomy for him. He loves the food, and the cleanliness. Dad has never been very social, but is starting to come out of his room for a few activates. He is a Retired Marine, and there a quite a few former military there.

After visiting a few other Assisted Living Facilities, I toured Parsons House. What a difference, nothing fancy, just good clean facilities with a very friendly caring staff. Parsons is less expensive then most but you would never know it. I would highly recommend this facility to anyone.

Going well so far

So far things are going well here. We have no major complaints with the facility or the staff at Parson's House. Everyone is attentive and nice and the place seems clean and well kept. Getting settled in.

GREAT PLACE

The place was really good. Nice and clean facility. They offer a lot of activities there.

Friendly staff

This is a nice place. It is clean and well decorated. The staff is very friendly and willing to help. They helped to make the transition as smooth as possible when we were in the process of moving in. The food here is pretty good too, which is a plus.

Going pretty well

It is going pretty well here. I might eventually look for somewhere a little less expensive or look at some other payment options, but other than that things are going well here.

Very Pleased

We have been very pleased with Parsons House Austin. He feels the food was better at the facility he was at before. That is not the most important thing though. The people that live there and the staff are better than the previous facility. The have been very responsive to anything that he has needed. Overall the experience has been very good

Friendly, accommodating staff

I think they do a very good job at Parsons House, they really helped us out in our time of need. We had a very limited amount of time to conduct our search in, and the staff here really went out of their way helping us through the process and getting our loved one settled in quickly. I also appreciate that they were willing to start us off on a short term trial basis! The facility itself is well kept and clean, and they seem to be doing an excellent job looking after their residents.

pleased

We are pleased with Parson House Austin. The staff are good about keeping us informed about things. The experience there has been really good. I cant think of anything that I would improve really. The price is high but you get what you pay for.

fantastic

Everyone at Parsons House has been so friendly and supportive and welcoming of my grandmother who is a new arrival there. They have been really good at communicating with the family as well - reaching out to us to let us know how she is doing, answering any questions we have, etc.

I really have no complaints. They have really been fantastic!

So far he seems to be happy with it.

So far he seems to be happy with it. We don't have any major concerns at this point. It's clean and the staff is friendly. Nothing really stands out to me, but I don't have any complaints either. So far so good, it's working out.

Doing a great job here

I'm very pleased with how things have gone at Parsons House. It's a nice looking place, and they do a great job keeping everything looking clean and well kept. The community has a relaxed homey feel that is a great match for my loved one. The staff are all very friendly, and they've really gone out of their way trying to help my loved one settle in and get acclimated. When any issues come up they are right on top of things and make sure it gets dealt with immediately. I would definitely recommend them to anyone looking into senior living in the area.

I liked that this felt more like a hotel than a nursing home.

They have been very helpful as far as getting her in there. The food has been good every time I have tried it, and from what I can tell they have a very good variety. It's still a good idea to be around, and pay attention to your family member, to make sure things are done the way you want it to be. They have been very cooperative to work with, and quick to respond, they are open to suggestions or concerns. I liked that this felt more like a hotel than a nursing home. There are always people around, and bustling activity.

We enjoyed our tour and mee...

We enjoyed our tour and meeting Shane. PH is more relaxed, less formal than Emeritus. The efficiency apt has a small kitchenette with a stove, which my dad had really wanted to cook his eggs in the morning. The smoking area comfy. Lots of residents out and about, friendly staff, smelled great. We're going to bring Dad in for a visit. This may be the one! Shane hooked us up with an organization to help us sort out the VA benefit, which will be crucial.

Great!

It’s great! We really like it! The staff has been really great and they are a clean and comfortable community.

Mother truly thrived during her time ...

Mother truly thrived during her time at Parson House Austin. She made new friends and participated in many of the wealth of activities offered. She (and we) thought the food was especially good, and the kitchen staff worked hard to meet her special dietary needs. The entire staff was friendly and hard-working. Parson House was a blessing.

Parsons offers an unusual c...

Parsons offers an unusual choice. Assisted living with two bedrooms. Because only one of us needs assisted living, we didn't choose it, but they will be the perfect choice for a couple/friends who both need assisted living.

Parsons House - best in Austin!

Jessica was very professional in my search for my Mom. I liked Parsons House right away. It was the 1st place I visited, and after viewing 8 other properties, i knew it would be a great fit for my mom.

Friendly Community, Good Value

Parsons House staff are all very kind and friendly. They genuinely care about the residents and family members and are never too busy to help. The residents are also very friendly to newcomers and there is always something going on. The apartments are spacious compared to the independent living community Mom came from. The food is above average for a facility like this. Mom has fairly significant dementia, but doesn't wander or become agitated and she is doing very well there. The staff was very skilled at transitioning her to her new environment, which was very hard on her.

New Resident

Our friend has just moved in so we have little first-hand experience yet. However, Jessica, the marketing director, was very knowledgeable and friendly. Residents seem happy and many of them spontaneously greeted and welcomed us. So we have high hopes of our friend being happy and well cared for.

I enjoyed my visit with Jes...

I enjoyed my visit with Jessica. She was well informed and a very sincere young lady. Parsons House would be a great fit for my mom.

Caring, friendly staff; lots of activ...

Caring, friendly staff; lots of activities available for residents

Parson's House is Really Wonderful

Is there a six? We called around and it seems like every place has a different cost. The cost varies on levels of care. Parsons is as reasonable as any and much more than some. It seems like the proper array of care. They do a really good interface with the services they provide and home health. They work really well together. There is a lot of large and small group activities. You have to do bingo or you are not a facility! They have some intellectually stimulating games with facts and dates and things from the past. They even have birthday parties and it is really nice. The food is great!

Almost too big, don't like the way they bill

It's really great, we're very happy and my dad loves it there. I wish their point sustem were better, but it's not and unfortunately that costs the families of the patients a lot more money but it's very obvious that they're there for profit. Even when they don't do all the services they're supposed to they still charge you the same amount for the level of care they have him at.
I think they're almost too large to maybe be what he had before and that's what I miss, everyone there is known by their room number, not their name but they have over 100 people there so I guess that's the way they've got to be. I don't appreciate though that they're not doing all the services and charging for the same level of care. It's almost like they're so big that's the only way they can function, but it is nice and they're renovating all the apartments so they're only renting out the ones they've redone.

They really seem to care...

The staff was great they really seem to care about the people and they make it a point to learn everyone’s name. The facility is well maintained and the food is pretty good to.

Not in the best neighborhoo...

Not in the best neighborhood

Thought the facility was very clean a...

Thought the facility was very clean and staff was very friendly

Nice facility. Lunch was very tasty, ...

Nice facility. Lunch was very tasty, good variety and portions. One bedroom has a very nice layout. Large living room, wall separated kitchenette, large bedroom with large walk-in closet. Bar hangers rather high, difficult for wheel chair bound person to reach. Would need to be adjusted down. Nice bathroom with walk-in bath. No linen closet. Small closet in entryway with Water Heater in it also - No shelves for storage. Guest rooms for guests or temporary stay while room is prepared, furniture moved in.

Parsons House Austin Assisted and Independent Living offers a fulfilling lifestyle with all the comforts of home. Our friendly community will enrich and enhance your life of independence, with caring friends and neighbors when you need them and privacy when you want it.