We are calling you now to better understand your needs.
|Room Type||Monthly Range* (USD)|
Get Pricing >
Get Pricing >
$ X,XXX - X,XXX
Get Pricing >
$ X,XXX - X,XXX
Get Pricing >
Click Here to Get Pricing: Get Pricing
* Published prices are provided by the providers themselves, not by reviewers. Actual quotes may differ from what is presented based on timing and services required.
- Minimum Age of Accepted Residents
- Activities Onsite
- Devotional Services Available
- Indoor Common Areas
- Meals Provided
- Aging in Place
- Nurses on Staff
- Podiatrist Available
- Physical Therapy Available
- Occupational Therapy Available
- Speech Therapy Available
- Complimentary Transportation
- Activities Offsite
- Outdoor Common Areas
- Beauty & Barber Services
- Pets Allowed
- No Smoking Allowed in Private Areas Indoors
- No Smoking Allowed in Public Areas Indoors
- Wheelchair Accessible Showers
- Hospice Available
- Respite Available
- Resident Parking Available
- Male Residents Accepted
- Female Residents Only
- Doctor on Call
- Nurse on Call
- Homecare Onsite
- Dentist Available
The Rivers offers spacious:
>INDEPENDENT LIVING: one and two bedroom apartments with full kitchens and baths, in-room washer & dryer, e/o week housekeeping/linen services, 20 MEALS INCLUSIVE, excellent views
>ASSISTED LIVING: one and two bedroom apartments with kitchen and private bedroom and private bathroom, housekeeping/linen AND laundry services every week, medication management, Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner INCLUSIVE, excellent views
>ADVANCED/CARESUITES: one bedroom apartments with kitchen and private bedroom and private bathroom, housekeeping/linen AND laundry services every week, all nursing services included, medication management, Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner INCLUSIVE, excellent views
About Burnsville, Minnesota
Located 15 miles south of downtown Minneapolis, Burnsville lies on the scenic south bank of the Minnesota River. With a population of roughly 60,000, Burnsville features many attractions, the most popular of which is its regional mall, Burnsville Center. There are six different senior communities in the city, and roughly 11 percent of the population is 65 or older. Expect a wide range of temperatures, as the highs can climb to the high 80s in the summer before dropping to just below freezing for the colder winter months. Strong winds, snow, and ice also play a part in the local climate.
The city of Burnsville has several transportation options, all of which serve seniors and some of which offer discounts.
- Buses and Light Rail: The METRO Transit Line consists of both light-rail transit (LRT) and bus-rapid transit (BRT). Seniors are able to take the METRO Transit Line at a reduced rate.
- Taxi: The most prominent taxi service exclusive to Burnsville is the Burnsville Taxi Company. Aside from them, there are several taxi companies in the Minneapolis-St. Paul area which also serve Burnsville.
- Currently, Burnsville seniors can also use the Uber ride share service by downloading an app onto their smart phone.
Health and Safety
Fairview Ridges Hospital is the main hospital serving Burnsville. The violent crime rate in the city is 16% lower than the Minnesota average, and 48% lower than the national average, which makes Burnsville a very safe place to live.
Sports and Leisure
If you're looking to enjoy the great outdoors, you'll find plenty of senior-friendly activities in Burnsville and the surrounding area. These activities include:
- Golf: Check out the Birnamwood Golf Course in Burnsville, which has a golf league dedicated to seniors. Or try your luck at the nearby Apple Valley Golf Course, or Crystal Lake Golf Club.
- Sports Leagues: Burnsville Seniors Services offer plenty of recreational activities, including sports leagues, nature walks, and both summer and winter activities.
- Sunrise Stretch: The Burnsville Seniors Center features a Sunrise Stretch at 8:30 a.m. every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. It's the perfect way to wake up and get you ready to take on the day with fellow seniors.
Shopping and Entertainment
You'll never run out of things to do in Burnsville. From the Classic Movie Night to the Spring Aging and Wellness Expo, there are always activities that will keep you occupied.
- Burnsville Center: The most popular mall in the area, the Burnsville Center features two levels of boutique clothing stores which are anchored by major outlets such as Macy's JC Penny, and Old Navy. If you're looking for something a bit closer, the Twin Cities Premium Outlets mall is just up the road.
- Groceries: A short ride to the east and you'll find Walgreens, the Burnsville Famers Market, an array of grocery stores, and other smaller markets.
- Restaurants: A short walk from The Rivers is J R's Family Reunion Bar, which is always a great place to settle in for some food. Head south down Highway 77and you'll find several different ethnic restaurants, including a Chinese buffet, Thai, pizza, and Russian.
- Movies: The Paragon Odyssey is the major movie theater in Burnsville -- but you'll need to make a bit of a trek to get there.
- Libraries: Head straight south down Highway 77to find the Galaxie Library, or take the 35E to the Burnhaven Library. You'll need to drive or take transport, as none of the libraries are within walking distance.
- Hair Salons: The Diffley Barbers are right across the street, and offer a haircut and a shave that can't be beat. For women, Cole's Salon is a short bus ride south.
- Attractions: You can go bowling at Bowlero, visit the Ames Center to take in a theater performance, or head down to Canterbury Park Racetrak & Card Casino to play some cards or bet on the horses. If you're looking for something slower pace, the Como Park Zoo & Conservatory is also nearby.
River Hills United Methodist is just across the street, and the Peace Church is also close by. Farther to the east you can find Christ Lutheran Church LCMS.