White Pine Senior Living-Mendota Heights - Mendota Heights, MN

All of the staff members here are amazing!

My Mother was only here for a month but the time she was here, it was excellent. All of the staff members were wonderful and I could not be more pleased with the care she got. The quality of the staff members is superb and the activities director was just awesome! He coordinated things like exercise classes, Christmas parties, and bingo. I was really surprised about how he got my mom involved in some of the activities. The building itself is beautiful and well maintained. I was actually lucky enough to be able to try the food here and the chef makes everything from scratch. He made the best spaghetti I’ve ever eaten in my life! During the Christmas party, he had a huge buffet of food and my biggest complaint is the serving sizes were too big, I would definitely recommend this facility to other families.

I toured at this community

I went on a tour here and the tour guide wasn't that great. They did follow up and said that person was no longer there. I didn't care for this place to much. It looked fabulous and it was a new building. The rooms were small and had no restroom they had a community bathroom. I recommend families tour multiple communities so they can compare them.

Very cold and uninviting

This community had a whole different approach on how they dealt with my family in regards to finding a place for my sister. When we visited, they told us about what they offered and told us how much it cost but never asked what the needs of my sister were. They had a handout filled with the activities they’d be able to provide, but the overall feeling while we were there was very cold and not at all inviting. The person that we met with never even showed us the rooms. We left there thinking they were more interested in the money than in my sister so we went with a different community.

Continuing to improve...

My mother was off to a rough start with adjusting, but it seems that things are getting better. My mother was having trouble and fell while getting out of bed, but they put something on her arm so it alerts the nurses in the middle of the night if she tries to get out of bed, that was very helpful. I have a nurse there that I trust and can call.

Respite care

My husband enjoyed parts of his experience but he is not ready for a long term stay but I would certainly be willing to do respite care again. Thank you

Outstanding Care & Support

This community has been a fantastic place for my wifes care. I had her in a [Removed] which was a horrible experience for us. Here at White Pine she is being taken care of the way I would take care of her at home. Plus the cost is all inclusive where a [Removed] was all about the money. I can not say enough about how she is cared for. I can sleep at night again & not worry about her. The Nurse here is over the top on how she takes care of the residence.

Excellent, thorough, caring staff and beautiful great room. Family atmosphere.

When our family member unexpectedly needed significant long-term care, we looked at several different places. White Pines came out as the front-runner because of the obvious friendliness and care observed towards residents while we toured. They also run on an all-inclusive, reasonable price versus the itemized pricing we found at other places. Since we have moved our family member in, we have not been disappointed. Everyone made an immediate effort to get to know all of us. We are greeted by name every time we visit. I was pleasantly surprised to find that the staff all sit down and eat with the residents during meal-time, giving it the feeling of a more family-centered residence. The rooms are smaller and more basic than some other places, but I will take that in exchange for good care. The main room has a beautiful aquarium and fireplace. Fortunately, our family member will be going back home soon, but if we ever find ourselves in this situation again, we will definitely return.

It feels like we are part of a big family

The care is very good the reason i gave it 4 stars is because they need additional staff. Otherwise, the care is excellent. It feels like we are part of a big family. I would highly recommend the White Pine Senior Living.

It's very clean, the staff is very kind and attentive.

They are doing a good job. It's very clean, the staff is very kind and attentive. She doesn't always like the food. So far it's all been fine, there really isn't anything specific I would like to see improved or done better.

I can't say enough about the staff or the care there.

They were wonderful there. I can't say enough about the staff or the care there. Everything was very clean, and the staff were wonderful. They were fantastic. We weren't there long, but while we were they were great.

The staff has been kind and considera...

The staff has been kind and considerate. We like the facility and the opportunity for interaction by my mom. Mom has adapted very well. Part of that is her attitude. But she likes it for the reasons stated above.

Great Place

We brought my father here to stay, it is a great place for him and him and I like most of the people here except for the management. The management here is awful, they seem like they have no clue what they are doing and they don't do anything to help our parents. If this place got new management i'd feel a lot better about my father being here

It was excellent!

It was excellent! White Pine Senior Living did a great job. I can't think of anything that needed to be done better. It was kept clean and the staff was friendly. It's a great place! My loved one stayed until they passed away.

I like it a lot.

I like it a lot. They are doing a good job. They do housekeeping a couple of times a week. They have a daily schedule of stuff that they are doing. So far I can't think of anything that could be improved. There are plenty of people to visit with.

Perfect For Us!

I am thrilled with it and my mom has been adapting very well. I think White Pine is best thing since sliced bread! I like the fact that they care about the people and the cost is all inclusive. It's a very well run place. I couldn't have hoped for better. Maybe her room could be a little larger but it actually might be better this way because it's fewer steps to take for her to get to the bathroom. So actually it's all good. My mom said they do everything right, so my observations meet her expectations. It's always hard to move, but White Pine Mendota Heights gave us huge support during the whole process.

It's a very open place. Her door stays open during the day so it's a much more inviting community environment, which is good for her. We ate here before she moved in and found that the chef makes everything from scratch. They really make fresh food and that appealed to us a lot.