The Chateau - McKinney, TX

Nice community with great dining options and wide variety of activities.

Although more in our price range, location did not seem as nice as Pioneer Ridge. Smoking would have to be off of property if apartment did not have a balcony. Dining was buffet style, location had fees for this and fees for that. They state they are all inclusive however, fees for bringing food to my mother are $5 per meal.

He is happy here

My brother is here in this independent living community. The staff is nice and helpful. The ground are nice and kept up. He is fed 3x a day and it was good. The other residents seem happy here. They would go in and clean weekly. I would recommend this for people who are able.

Location is great

My mom really likes her two bedroom apartment at The Chateau. The location is perfect for our family to go and visit her often. It is a little older community, it is not brand spanking new, but it is a very nice community. The grounds are nicely landscaped. They are very welcoming to our family when we come and visit. The staff is friendly and helpful. Mom says she like the meals that they provide. They offer alternative choices if you prefer something other than what is on the menu. They do offer activities, I'm not familiar with all that they offer. They do have transportation to go out shopping and other excursions. Outside there is a beautiful courtyad in the middle of the complex. I would recommend this community to others.

I like it here

The staff are considerate. The meals are good and there is a good variety of choices. They offer daily activities and the community is nice inside and out. They are putting on a new roof. I would recommend this community.

Pleasant Respite Stay Experience

I had a nice stay in this community. I used it for their respite services while my kids were on vacation. It is a lovely community with kind people. I loved the apartment, it was very nice. The staff was very friendly, and helpful. The only issue I had was that it was a large community, and there is a lot of walking to other areas in the community. Other than that issue everything went well, and I had a nice experience during my time in this community.

My visit

We liked this community when we visited. The people we met were friendly. This is a larger community that offers a pool and a movie theater room. They offer transportation. My loved one just seemed to like the atmosphere of another community a little better.

I am not a social person

I am doing ok since I have been here I mostly stay to myself I don't tend to socialize with people. However, from going down to the dining halls for meals the residents and the staff seem friendly. I am quite happy doing my needle work and watching tv in my own living area.

New Experience!

Entirely new experience moving into our new community at The Chateau. They said they are going to replace the worn carpeting in the hallways but our apartment is very clean and freshly painted. Our number one and most important is the ongoing food and service issue. The food served is inconsistent, it might be good one day bad the next. And there are some problems with the staffing, so the service at mealtimes is sometimes sketchy also. Many of the other residents we have shared meals with agree. We have met with the chef and she is supposed to fix it. But on the plus side, we have been meeting wonderful staff and making new friends with the other residents we have met. We really enjoy the landscaping and the beautiful courtyard and pool. Another plus is they have an onsite dog park where our little dog can run. We are keeping positives thoughts with the good things we do have and hope that they continue to work on the other issues.

Delicious Meals!!

I have recently moved into this community and so far I am happy with how things are going for my loved one. The staff have been helpful I just wish that they had someone on staff after seven o clock at night time. I am very satisfied with the delicious meals they provide us with and enjoy participating in activities from time to time with the other residents.

Everything is going well!!

I have no complaints with how things are going for my loved one since she has made the move into this community. The staff have been have been great and accommodated all of her needs to the best of there ability. She has had no complaints about the food and enjoys participating in activities from time to time with the other residents. The only thing I would say improvement is the response time on things that need to be fixed

A Very Great Start

I love their care for the residents and they have been wonderful to work with in our beginning transition. I love the community. I like how much they are willing to help you before you get there.

I would recommend taking a look at this community

Mom is still settling into this community. She has only been here a short time and so far things are good. The staff have been helpful and answered our questions. The food is good and they offer healthy options. The community is clean and the whole community was better than the others we looked at.

This is a nice community for the good care that is received. The community needs to be able to help the residents get in touch with her ambassador so that there is contact. The community is clean and they offer a lot of great menu of healthy meals. They have activities that are the offer to her. they do allow pets. We would recommend this community for the care and value. They need to have some security at night.

Blessing

This place is amazing, and I'm so happy that my dad will be living here! Friendly and helpful staff. Beautiful facility, and delicious food!

CHATEAU Independent Living, McKinney Texas

I visited many Communities in the DFW area and had a vast amount of insight on what to look for on my visits. I DID select the Chateau as the place I want to live and have already started the process in order to move.

The Chateau has everything I was looking for in an apartment and amenities offered. Additionally they were quite willing to work with me on securing the apartment I selected.

The staff are fantastic, the food is excellent, the facility is beautiful and I am looking forward to settling in within the next 2 months.

Thanks "A Place for Mom" for assisting me in my search.

[Removed]

The staff are nice

I am not impressed with this community. This community is not as active as I thought it would be when I moved in. Overall the food is ok, however I only ate lunch here. The food does come in small portions. The community is clean. They offer community washers and dryers for the residents. These are also used by the staff to wash the community linens and towels. This community seems more like a nursing home than an independent living community.

Good community but wasn't the space mom was looking for.

We toured this community when looking for my mother.Overall it was a good impression but we decided against it because my mother didn't like the size of the rooms.

Budget friendly community

My mother-in-law moved here recently and it is going well so far. They have enough on hand and are meeting her care needs. They offer activities for the residents to participate in. The food is good some days but not always. We chose this community because Of the price and the care they provide.

Nice Experience, My Tour Went Well

I toured this community for my husband and his needs. It was a good tour, everyone was very kind. The community looked nice. Everything I saw was neat and tidy. The staff was courteous and kind. It was a nice experience, they treated us well.

I want to live here!

My mom has been at the Chateau for a month, and so far I am totally blown away by the staff and people. They have been so kind...and I thought it would go away once they got us "in the door". Wrong! I cannot begin to list the small things various staff have done!- including go check on Mom when her phone got turned off accidentally.

Outstanding Community

The community is environment . Very clean enviroment to live in. Staff is outstanding and caring. The activities are wonderful for me. I would highly recommend this great community to other families.

Great Community!

The community at The Chateau is very nice. It is nicely updated and well maintained. The community is kept very clean throughout. The staff that offered the tour were very kind and courteous. They were very knowledgeable and they were able to address all of our concerns.

Comfort For Mom!!

There are no complaints about my mother's meals. She feels that the housekeeping is doing good maintaining everything organized. At the moment she is not participating in activities but the staff does try to encourage her to a level of comfort to participate. I would recommend The Chateu to friends and family.

The Chateau is a great option!

The staff were very friendly at The Chateau. The staff that offered the tour were kind and addressed all of my concerns. The community was well kept and very clean throughout. They have an assortment of activities to offer the residents.

Friendly staff and residents. Loved the chef! Light bright interiors with lots of windows. Loved the layouts. Fresh & clean environment. Lots of activities. Loved the aspect that we can travel and stay at other Holiday properties up to a week free! Liked that it included the LifeAlert pendants for residents and they have onsite options for Home Health and therapies. Ample courtyard, beautiful views and pretty pool & spa open year round. Some attached garages and some detached. Storages available as well. Garden tubs in one bathroom of the two bedroom units. Three month rental to start then month to month.

Pretty Awesome

The experience we've had overall has been divine! The Chateau has been very accommodating since day one and even did a bit of remodeling prior to Mom moving in to make sure she is comfortable. We were able to get laminate flooring and replace the institutionalized cabinets and counter tops. They were even able to repaint for Mom which we really appreciated. The Chateau has literally bent over backwards for us and we are completely confident that this will be the place for Mom for the duration. The only complaint I've heard is about the food, which could be worse. All in all we are very happy with The Chateau and would surely recommend.

Settled in

We are settled in and things are going nicely. The staff is pleasant and so far we have not had any major issues or complaints with The Chateau. It has been a pleasant experience so far. Thank you.

A Very Good Experience

Overall I am very happy, but anytime there was ever any special request, they were always very quick to accommodate and always willing to hear about my experience to help better the situation. Overall I think it is very good property and I had a good experience with them.

So far they are pretty happy there.

So far they are pretty happy there. We haven't had any issues with billing or maintenance. So far it's going pretty well. We are satisfied.

They were unprepared for our visit. Friendly but not too interested. The place is too big and the halls were musty smelling.

No complaints

They do follow up well. They met my Mom's needs when she needed them and took care of them right away. I am here with my Mom now and she agrees that we do not have any complaints. Overall a great facility.

Everything is Great

Everything is great there at The Chateau. The location of the facility is good and there are a lot of activities for the residents there to participate in. I think the only improvement they need is just better food.

Extremely Impressed

Extremely impressed with onsite manager and staff, very caring and friendly. The whole facility is lovely and clean, my only disappointment is the food is good but need more options for low salt or more choices of meals.

Great for those who enjoy beautiful scenery outside of the city!

By the end of our search, and after having viewed several communities, the Chateau was far and away the best choice for us and our loved one. As may be expected, we are slowly growing out of the honeymoon period and discovering some things we didn't learn during our tours - but overall we are still convinced that we chose the right place.

Location: nestled well away from the street in a quiet suburb, the surrounding area is beautiful, new and everything you need is within a 10 mile radius.

Cleanliness and friendliness of staff and managers was, and still is, top notch. The building itself has been renovated and updated and is just lovely. The courtyard has to be my favorite aspect. For nature lovers and those who appreciate fresh air and expansive, beautiful scenery it is absolutely perfect. The indoor look and feel is equally inviting. Every room, office, gathering place and small corner is an image of comfort and quality.

The activities, we have learned, are something less than we were told. Truly, there is a calendar full of hobbies, classes and "meetings" - but they are less occupied and more often canceled than we had hoped. This is admittedly mostly an attendance issue - if no one shows up, how can there be a class? How can there be a billiards "group?" Of course, this isn't the fault of the Chateau itself but more of a resident choice, but it would have been nice to have had a more up front representation of that from the get-go.

Transportation and outings are also a bit of a surprise to us in terms of what we discussed in our tours. We have learned that there is a bit of difficulty hiring and retaining activity coordinators and bus drivers, thus making errands and outings a bit more cumbersome than we expected. Although, to be fair, I will say that I think there is a bit of reluctance on the resident's part to give the "new guy or gal" taking up the latest position a chance - having become accustomed to the previous person and a bit resistant to change. This perception seems to be somewhat contagious and my family and I, for our part, are working to avoid it as much as possible.

The food is delicious! Healthy yet deeply flavorful and responsibly balanced. We have yet to have a meal with our loved one that hasn't been a pleasant experience. The residents have a choice of eating in the dining room or calling ahead and taking their meals to-go. There was a an unexpected change to protocol just after our move-in date which added a fee for room delivery (unless sick or otherwise unable to carry away) which we would have appreciated being informed of during our tours as the new "rule" seems to have been in the works at that time.

I highly recommend The Chateau. I lik...

I highly recommend The Chateau. I like it very much. The staff is very good. The facility is clean. The place is noticeably different. I feel what makes them stand out is the participation of the owners and staff. Each time I go, there's always someone in the lobby, and always something going on. It's an upbeat atmosphere.

Completely great! Love the ...

Completely great! Love the location, the pace, the quality and the staff!

They were very responsive.

They were very responsive. We chose them because they were very friendly, and hospitable. The facility was very clean and attractive. We also liked that they had three meals a day seven days a week, a lot of the places only did two a day or only five days a week and having the nutrition was a plus. There really isn't anything that needs to be improved or done better.

They are doing pretty good.

They are doing pretty good. Their food is pretty darn good. I am more concerned with having some other options for activities, they do the same things week to week. I would like to see more occupational therapy kinds of things, puzzles, and book clubs, more of a variety of stimulating activities.

Perfect senior living choice!

The Chateau McKinney was the perfect choice for my mother. She should have moved there years ago! The staff and residents are kind, professional, welcoming & beautiful from the inside out.

Holiday Retirement

Thank you for the kind words regarding our residents and staff -- we think they're all those things, too, and your mother is a perfect fit! Thanks for choosing The Chateau.

Cluttered, musty smell. Ni...

Cluttered, musty smell. Nice big Apts, security and GPS trackers for residents. Not much in way of availability

Holiday Retirement

We're glad you saw the value in our roomy apartment suites! The Chateau is a popular destination for independent seniors, and we have a variety of floorplans from which to choose. You should check back in 30 days or so. In fact, if you let one of our sales representatives know which unit you might be interested in, they can keep an eye out for you.

Can't recommend this place

This community looks nice enough, and it looks like they do a good job providing for the level of care that they are able to work with. However, we ended up having to move my loved one out, at their request, even after they convinced us that they could handle the level of care my loved one required. They also told us we would not be able to get a refund for any of the time we had paid for up front and not used. I'd have no problem rating them a 5, but this situation has really soured the whole experience.

They bent over backwards to make sure they were able to keep him happy.

The room we had planned to get him in did not become available when we had expected, but they bent over backwards to make sure they were able to keep him happy. They were very good with him. They have somebody come and clean his apartment every week. There does seem to be a bit of a turnaround of managers, but the managers when they are there, are very friendly and personable. Since October they are on their third set of managers. They have a movie theatre, where they play old time movies. They are very good with his dog, and when it was so very cold someone would come and walk his dog for him. He thoroughly enjoys his breakfast. They were just very personable, they talked to him as much as us, when we first interviewed. I don't have any issues he's quite happy there. The dining are is on the small side, but they have a really good waitstaff. They have a buffet style dining area. He enjoys their lunch and some of the soups they have at suppertime. He is quite pleased the food. I haven't found fault with anything, anytime we've been in there and we are there quite often.

Would Recommend

It seems like they are a little discombobulated. In the time she has been living there, about 2.5 months, they changed over management. They are supposed to have some sort of resident ambassador program, which we haven't seen. As a place to live it is great but as far as what they are selling it as, it is not completely accurate. Billing, for example, is unorganized. They have been charging her for two apartments since she's lived there, and we just got that figured out today. I would definitely recommend The Chateau over any other place that I have seen though, and I have worked in the industry.

Good Meals and Activities

My mom has an extremely small one bedroom but she really enjoys the meals and the housekeeping. I think the activities are pretty good. I'm not there all the time but I know she did participate in the Halloween activities and won a couple of prizes so she was extremely happy.

When we moved in, because it is such a stressful experience for my mom, they just put her up in a suite and said you relax and let us get your apartment set up for you and when it's ready you can come down. She was allowed to stay in a suite for as long as she liked. I think she stayed for like 3 days. It was less stressful for her and for me because she wasn't stressing out.

Promised More Care Than They Could Provide

When they sell the place to you they tell you that there are a lot more services there to help you than there really are. I would say if you're looking for someone who needs a little more help and you're wavering between an assisted living and The Chateau, I would go with the assisted living. They can't help people that need more assistance. It's really just independent living. They just don't have the people and the facilities for the care we really needed.

Did not provide the depth o...

Did not provide the depth of care needed. Beautiful place.

Good Group of People

There are a few staff members that I don't care for, but overall they're good. I think the community is worth their price. The people that live here are really friendly. It's a good group of people. The maintenance people I personally feel they don't have enough of them because it takes quite a while to get things done. As for the activities, they have all kinds of card games, dominos games, people that walk the halls for exercise. There's an exercise room and movie theater. Last week they had root beer floats in the foyer. It's pretty good.

The Chateau is beautiful and the Dire...

The Chateau is beautiful and the Director was very informative and helpful. Lunch was very good and we will keep The Chateau on our list.

nice rooms, but some cut up and would...

nice rooms, but some cut up and would be hard to place furniture. in midst of remodeling, no kitchen till late Sept. our second choice at this time....

Really likes The Chateau. Still looking.

Really likes The Chateau. Still looking.

Experience the carefree retirement lifestyle you've always imagined at this stunning community in the heart of McKinney. The Chateau is conveniently located near area medical centers, world-class golf, and many other local attractions and provides a relaxing retirement lifestyle unlike any other.

Our all-inclusive month-to-month rent covers:
- Three delicious and nutritious chef-prepared meals from scratch
- A variety of enriching activities
- Weekly housekeeping and linen service
- Transportation
- Most utilities

Friends in 300 places

Built with your comfort and safety in mind