Parkview in Allen - Allen, TX

This site but all our needs but one. The smell - from entering the front door it smelled like a nursing home in all the public spaces. Has nice travel options.

A little older looking facility, and smelled of smoke in some areas. A bit loud in the common areas. While there were a number of residents in the common areas they did not seem to be interacting with each other. Apartments are nice and well maintained. The amenities are impressive. A good value.

Staff is wonderful!

This facility has been better than I expected. The staff members here are just wonderful and they worked with us very quickly in getting my Mother in at the last minute. They have been great to work with and have answered all of the questions we have. What I really like is that I always see a lot of interaction between residents and staff. My mom feels at home and I trust them to take care of her. I highly recommend this facility to other families.

Not for our needs. They include all meals and is no way to opt out. We saw one floor plan. Price is high mainly because of meals.

This community is wonderful! The staff are gracious and loving, the apartments are very nice, and the whole place has a welcoming atmosphere. Our mom will be so happy here.

Mom is doing great

The community is older and does look a little tired, however they do try and keep it well maintained. Mom likes the staff. The entire staff including the management are quick to respond to our questions and concerns. The other residents are friendly and mom is making friends. They offer a lot of activities including bingo, exercise class and going out to gamble. The food is ok and they have a great selection. This community is a great value and I would recommend taking a look at it.

If it had a dog park!

We really liked the Parkview in Allen it was a very nice and clean community that we toured. The staff was very friendly and knowledgeable and answered all of our questions. It would have been the perfect community because it was less expensive but it did not have a dog park.

I think my parents liked this place. The staff was very nice. They answered all of our questions. I hope my parents will go back and eat in the dining room. They want to see at least one or two more places before they make a decision. I don't think they would investigate on their own so I am glad we are here to support them.

Friendly Staff!!

I have no complaints about how things went for my loved one and I during our tour. The staff where friendly and made sure to answer any questions that we had for them. They where on time to our appointment and made sure to remain professional during our visit. It was just not the right fit in the end decision.

Very Pleased with My Move Here

I'am pleased with my move to this community. Everyone has been very kind, and welcoming. They have a very friendly staff at this community, and they have been very helpful. They do a great job with keeping the community neat, and tidy. There are plenty of activities available for the residents. I'am pleased with the meals, the food is good. I would recommend this community to my family, and friends. It is a wonderful place.

Father doing Great at This Community

This is a great community, and my father is doing very well since his move here. I'am comfortable with his move this community. I know he is safe, and in good hands. The staff have been very kind, and helpful. When I come to visit, the community, and his room are well maintained. They have nice meals, and good activities available for their residents. Everything has worked out well for us in this community, and I would recommend it.

Good impression!

The experience with Parkview was very positive. The staff was welcoming and helpful during our tour. We felt that this community was too far for easy visiting. I would recommend them to families in the Allen, TX area.

Good impression

We toured this community when looking for my mother. We liked the overall impression but we chose another community because of the size of the rooms.

Mom Doing Well Here

This is a really nice community, and my mother is doing very well here. She is happy with her move here, and so am I. It is a good community, I do feel she is safe, and in good hands. She is able to remain active, and independent here at this community. We really do like this community, and I would recommend it.

Friendly, accommodating staff

Our experience with Parkview in Allen has been a very positive one, overall. It's a nice looking place, and the staff has been very friendly and accommodating. When we began our search we had a very limited amount of time, and the people here worked hard to get my loved one moved in that timeframe. I also really appreciate all the little extra things they will do to accommodate his needs.

Getting to know the place!

I never give anyone a 5 , but they are good. I am still getting used to the community, but the staff is good and the food is good. The community is always kept clean and neat. I like that the apartment is big and lots of room.

Good Prices!!

This community had a good price and it was a nice place. My mother got to stay close to family and she also likes the community as well. The communication between the staff and families is good. Meals prepared are healthy and tasty. My mother has been been participating in some activities that are offered.

I like living at Parkview!!!

This is a good place and I would recommend it. The food is good and they offer a variety of choices. The breakfast is continental style. My apartment is a spacious one bedroom with multiple windows and 2 glass doors. The community is clean and well maintained. The staff are nice and helpful. They answer my questions.

Comfort For Mom!!

My mother received great services from the staff. They gave her a family atmosphere and were very attentive with her. We would highly recommend this place to friends and family everything was well up-kept and clean. My mother really enjoyed living in this place. Meal plans and activities are offered as well as other great services available.

We really liked Parkview in Allen!

Parkview in Allen is a beautiful community! I really liked the community. The tour staff were very pleasant and were able to answer all of my questions. The community is very updated and clean throughout. They offer an assortment of food options and it looked very appetizing. We tried some cookies and they were wonderful.

Too expensive. I am only interested in independent living, if there is a smooth transition to memory care under the same facility.

Holiday Retirement

Thank you for your feedback! We understand our community may not be the best fit based on your needs, but appreciate you reaching out and letting us know! We wish you well on your continued journey!

Liked it & stayed

I liked it well enough to move in/

Parkview is very clean and nice if you are in the market for a room or place to stay.

Efficient Staff

The only things that I can really think to say about the Parkview in Allen are that all of the staff members working there are very efficient in what they do and with the care that they give. It is a good place to be.

I like that they have a pool

My mom seems to really like it here. I like that they have a pool there.

Doing a Great Job

I think that they are doing a great job. The meals could be a little blander than they are now though, quite a bit of them are spicy and that does not sit well with my stomach. Other than that, it is wonderful place to be.

Everything about them is great

The staff is great at Parkview in Allen. The value is exceptional. Everything about them is great really. My dad is enjoying it there. I haven't had any complaints. When dad first got there there was a misunderstanding about the handicap parking. He parked in it and later found out it was only for vehicles that are there to pick residents up. So one of the residents put a note on his car. That was a little unsettling at first but other than that things have gone well. So far so good at this facility.

Concerned about security and cleanliness of facility.

Holiday Retirement

Hi, I'm Katie, I'm writing from Holiday Retirement's Home Office. Thank you for your review. Parkview in Allen is an independent living community, so from a security standpoint, it is run as an apartment home would be (meaning there is no security guard on duty.) We understand that this is not a great fit for some families and respect their decision. What I find discerning about your review is your note on cleanliness, since that is something that we do pride ourselves on. If you'd like to give any more details to our Resident Relations department, we'd be very appreciative. Their number is [removed].

Katie

Helpful, Open, and Flexible

I think they do a really good job at having lots of people available for my mom to talk to and show her around and get her settled in there. They were also very helpful when we were getting her moved in; they did a nice job with the painting. They are just very open and flexible.

Above and Beyond

Parkview in Allen has gone above and beyond as far as being accommodating to us. Their overall friendliness, thoroughness, and attentiveness has all made it a rather pleasant experience rather a scary one.

So far so good.

Based on what I have seen and heard from my parents the residents seem very friendly and there are lots of activities for your seniors to be involved in. The food is okay - but could be improved. I don't like the transient nature of the revolving staff and they could greatly improve by having some kind of orientation immediately upon move-in. Overall, it has been a positive experience and my parents are content with their apartment.

So far things are going okay here.

So far things are going okay here. I haven't gotten any specific complaints about anything. I haven't seen anything that I have any issues with. I would give them a four at this point.

good overall

Overall for the most part my mother is very happy and doing well at Parkview in Allen. There have been a few instances where things are not quite panning out they way they had insinuated and we are just now coming up against some of those, bot nothing too major and overall we are pleased.

It's only been a little over two weeks, but so far, so good!

very friendly and helpful

We have had an excellent experience with Parkview in Allen. All the staff is awesome, very friendly and helpful. Not only is the staff great, but all the residents are really awesome as well. It is a great community and you can tell they really enjoy their stay there.

Big Place, slow maintenance, but friendly staff

If the sticker shock doesn't kill ya, then the walk to get Breakfast/Lunch/Dinner just might. This place is the size of a football field, so don't get stuck in the back of the property. Also for the price they charge, and the fees to get started it was a horse pill to try and swallow. So far the maintenance team is slow to respond to anything, safety issues, or just light bulbs being out. The boasting they do about their chefs, are ok, at least here my parents get 4 choices for lunch and dinner, most others may have 2 choices, but the food itself is 'fine' said one of the 6 months residents to me, and I now see it too. Everyone you pass in the halls says hello or some greeting, resident or staff both.

great

Our experience with Parkview in Allen has been great. My parents are all set up and are very happy there. Everything is going well and I would certainly recommend them.

Great transition for parents

My parents have only been at Parkview for a short time, but I've been very impressed so far. The live-in managers were so friendly and helpful when I was looking at the apartments and trying to decide where to move my parents. They were very patient with me and my parents during the entire lease signing and move in process. All of the residents that I've met have been very friendly and welcoming!

Things are going quite well.

Things are going quite well. Adjusting to a new way of life has been the biggest challenge. It's clean and the staff is friendly. I don't get complaints about the food. There really isn't anything I would like to see improved or done better. Based on my expectations I would give them a four and a half.

My dad started living there in jan of 2015. Everyome was very helpful when we moved in and making him feel wanted. He is enjoying the food and he does some of the activities. He seems to like living there aswe were nervous since we moved him here from California and away from his friends. So far so good.

Very Clean Place

Mom is out of the facility and moved with daughter, will be going back in another week.

Toured and loved the people that I met and showed me the property. But, their apartments reminded me more of a hotel room than a home apartment. Have eliminated this choice.

Holiday Retirement

Hi, I'm Katie, I work at Holiday Retirement's Home Office. I'm sorry you didn't choose Holiday. Please keep us in mind for any future moves. We'd like another chance to show you the Holiday lifestyle!

Looked very nice on our tour

We toured this community when we were looking into senior living options for a loved one. I thought this place was very nice, based on what I saw during my tour. It was clean and well kept, and everyone seemed friendly. Although we ended up selecting another facility that worked better for us, this place is definitely worth a look if you searching for options in the area.

I think we picked the right place.

So far they have been fine. The only thing I would say is that anything you need, you have to buy it. They will install what you need, but you buy it. It's clean, and there are no odors in the halls like some places. The food is good to me, I'm on a restricted diet, but it's not very hearty, if you're a big eater you might complain because they don't give you big portions. Breakfast is like a cafeteria line, but every other meal is served to the table. The staff is pretty friendly. I think we picked the right place.

Promised a lot, but didn't follow through

Our loved one stayed here briefly, but we were not satisfied with it. It wasn't terrible by any means, but they promised a lot during the sales process that they did not end up delivering on. The two biggest issues was that the food was very disappointing, and the activities were mediocre.

Parkview is great!

Regarding the Care Services, I wish they had someone that could manage my mom's daily pills and put them in her weekly container. Other than that I really have no complaints.

Decent but expensive. NOT ASSISTIVE LIVING.

I have yet to move in completely due to time of moving furniture from NJ. There are new managers--they seem to move them every year who are nice as well as the sales people, There are many who use a scooter and walker but are still active, alert and participate in activities, There are some left from when this was a senior rental although it appears changes are in store for them. I have eaten many meals there (not stayed all night) and portions are small but appear well balanced with variety, Main meal is at 11:45am but this will change 6/25 when it goes to 2 seatings due to crowded conditions, Breakfast is continental with plated other meals.

The people are just very, very nice.

The people are just very, very nice. They are very friendly. They are laughing and talking and cutting up with each other. IT’s not a typical retirement places as far as I can see. It’s a very nice place. The staff is very nice. Even the staff in the kitchen comes out and cuts up with the people there.

Perfect for Mom. Didn't li...

Perfect for Mom. Didn't like sales tactic. Pricing just out of range.

Al Straten's son-in-law review of Parkview.

My father-in-law truly enjoys Parkview. Meals are excellent, room is clean, and his view from his porch is absolutely unbelievable & beautiful. He enjoys the senior community and all the planned activities. He thinks that he died and gone to heaven.... everything is in place and so far is very perfect at Parkview so far !!!! :>}

Parkview in Allen

Being in town for only a couple of day to assist my parents in finding a location to move, I had one day to do tours. The property Manager left me a message to schedule a tour and then called back later during the day to see if I received the message. It was late in the day and my parents were tired from a full day of touring however, the Manager had such a pleasant and sincere tone of wanting to share his facility with us that I made it a point to make this our last stop for the day. I initially left my parents in the car due to their being tired and went inside to meet and see this facility. I was immediately met by the Manager with a genuine smile and excitement to which he introduced me to his associate to tour an apartment and the facility. Although it was very similar to a previous site, the atmosphere was brighter, more welcoming and exciting which I am confident was much in part to the Manager, his Associate and the office .staff that all approached me with a smile, handshakes and smiles of welcome. My excitement was elevated from this last day's tour to which I had to get my parents to leave the comfort of the car for one last site-seeing tour; their acceptance of the facility ended the day with my mom in tears of knowing that she was about to leave her 'home' for a new home. My dad's excitement came with knowing there was much more social interaction since they currently live in a very rural area. I'm so glad that I happened upon a "Place for Mom" as our contact, Frankie, was so helpful with quickly setting us up for tours (less than 12 hours), following up and asking detailed questions to ensure our visits were with places that fit my parents needs. I had no idea where to start looking or what to look for; A Place for Mom and Parkview in Allen staff have all made this transition seamless and with very little stress which is very thankful and much appreciated especially being the daughter who lives over 1,000 miles away.

Salespeople promise what they can't deliver sometimes

I think what they could improve on is the fact that the sales staff versus the operational staff needs to have better communication between the two. For example, the sales person that we worked with promised us several things when my dad moved in that were going to happen but never did. So if you're going to promise something, then you have to deliver it otherwise it looks like something shady happened. I guess there was a disconnect between whose job was what. For example, the salesperson said that when my dad moved in, they would stock his refridgerator with groceries up to a 60 dollar value. After moving in and a couple of weeks of no groceries, they finally broke down and bought some things, it was only like 20 dollars and things like popcorn. They also said they were going to throw him a housewarming party and that has yet to have happened. I guess just don't promise and not deliver. My dad is also not happy with Parview in the fact that he doesn't like the food and he hasn't made any friends. He's kind of a complainer so that's really not their fault. The activity coordinator said she was going to take him somewhere special and take him under her wing but to the best of my knowledge, that is the first time that's happened since he's been there.

Could be more affordable

They could be more affordable. If you do not take advantage of the activities and the meals then it is very expensive for senior apartments. If you do take advantage of those things then it becomes more of a value. If your loved one needs additional help, like medication, you would have to hire another agency to come to her apartment and provide those things. Overall we are fairly pleased with them and would recommend them.

Doesn't work for us

It's going okay, we don't really feel like she's utilizing everything she's paying for. It's very expensive because it includes 3 meals a day but she has trouble getting around so she only goes down for lunch. She eats breakfast in her apartment and she kind of justs nibbles at dinner, which is what she wants to do. The cleaning services she's supposed to be getting once a week, she's not getting it and we haven't figured out if it's because shes telling them she doesn't want it or what but we haven't been very pleased with that or the amount of food they're giving them. She doesn't eat very much anyways but what they give them is very very small. Other people who may be more active may enjoy being here more especially since you can't take walkers into the dining room.

Independent living. Some 2...

Independent living. Some 24 care hospice. 95% asst living. Home health private pay (choose own) and (Medicare/medicaid). Cheaper IL. Assisted living...more $. Only time have to late stage Alzheimer turn away only...memory care unit. 1 bedroom - 2,295 with special on 22nd (222/mt off to $2,000 mt. All inclusive 3 meals - good quality. Same bldg restaurant style. Home health helps mom go to dining room. 90 days assessment...connections to make friends. Home Health does tayler needs based on what needs for home. Mgmt team lives there. Serves coffee lunch/dinner. Life alert system included. $2500 community fee. Negotiable..Pack and Move $1k. Apply to move in to $1500. Availability - 1st [removed] One right up front. Private patio. Could meet with Home Health ref. [removed] Caucasian, 76-77 avg age, more women, more couples. Active community.

This is practically around ...

This is practically around the corner from us. It has both full kitchens and the dining room. Food was really good (lunch on our tour). Lease signed!!!

Tucked within the desirable city of Allen, Texas, located just north of Dallas, Parkview in Allen provides a carefree and secure independent lifestyle in a beautiful community featuring resort-style amenities. Parkview in Allen is conveniently located near area medical centers, shopping and much more.

Our all-inclusive month-to-month rent covers:
- Three delicious and nutritious chef-prepared meals from scratch
- A variety of enriching activities
- Weekly housekeeping and linen service
- Transportation
- Most utilities

Friends in 300 places

Built with your comfort and safety in mind