The Carriage House - Oxford, FL

Very lively and vibrant!

My loved one did enjoy his stay here! Though he did not participate in too many activities, he liked the fact that the facility was very lively and vibrant!

"The Carriage House", Oxford is in Our Future!!

My experience with "The Carriage House" was nothing short of excellent. John and Jeniffer are professionals as the management team. We dealt mostly with Jeniffer and we could not have found a most charming, caring and compassionate young lady to help us in our time of need.

Mom's New Home

I went with my Mother to visit several independent and assisted living facilities and then made a second trip back to her three favorites. The Carriage House won hands down. The facility was very clean, offered 3 meals, had a lot of activities to offer plus transportation to the doctors, shopping and outings and had the friendliest people. I helped my Mom move in and ate there numerous meals and spoke with the residence and not one resident had anything bad to say about the facility. The staff is wonderful and very helpful. She has only been there a few weeks but loves her new place and the new friends she has met. I live far away so this is a great comfort to me.

Rest Easy

It took only one look to know this is where my Mom belonged. It took her less time to make up her mind to move at 88 years old . The staff that runs Cariage House is the best I have seen in this field. They when above and beyond what was needed to help move her within a week. I rest better knowing she is now happy, safe and healthy in this new environment .

Heard very good things!

My loved one really seems to be enjoying himself here! He toured quite a few in the area and this was his favorite by far. He has already made a few friends, and he has had good things to say about both the food and the variety of activities they offer!

Great place to stay, for you or for your parents

The staff at the Carriage House could not have been nicer.
They were very helpful and went out of their way to make my parents feel at home. We would highly suggest that anyone that is looking for an independent living community, put The Carriage House on the top of your list.

This facility tops all of my visits! Studio costs $1955/mo vs. Steeplechases $1895. I can live with the difference. Very clean and no odors! My tour guide Robin was excellent! Studio costs $400 more than Marion, but offers so much more...looking at the entire package. Still 25 miles from doctors office and Marion just 13.5 All in all Carriage was a touch better than Steeplechase...although Steeplechase offered the best views!

Like part of the family

They are friendly but they care for everyone there like they were part of the family. The different amenities stand out, they have a Movie Theater, game room and provided 3 set meals a day. They were close to us. We noticed that the management were actually concerned for the people there. I would say the cost could have been reduced. Maybe deduct the meal plan, for an option of either a 2 or 3 meal plan. My mother is only taking 2 of the 3 meals provided.

One of The Best

My sister seems happy at the Carriage House. I believe the various activities are good for her well-being.
I would recommend it to others seeking a good placement for their loved ones.

A NEW WAY OF LIFE

The Carriage House affords a lovely atmosphere of friendliness and concern for it's residents needs and desires. The meals are well thought out and prepared by professional chefs, one of which is a pastry chef. They are delicious and served as they would be in any lovely dining room.
The amenities include one of the nicest swimming pools I have seen, screened in to protect from the bugs but full of warm water and sunshine. There is a charming movie theater on site, designed as many new theaters are, with declining rows and comfortable seats. The movies are well selected and popcorn is available. A library is situated on the second floor and a well equipped exercise room on the third. Game playing tables can be found throughout the facility in the spacious alcoves. Even a pool table is available. Ice cream and homemade sweet delights are available 24 hours a day. The staff prepares daily activities which include excursions, shopping expeditions, entertainment ( which has been outstanding), games, discussions, and many things too long to list.
The residents have proven friendly, helpful and interested in the lives we live here as a family.

My husband and I moved into Carriage House a few weeks ago which brings up the question, how can you write such a review with so little time on the premises?

I have recently had surgery so was apprehensive of taking on the move so shortly afterward, but since our home was within minutes of the Carriage House, we spent a great deal of time here. I met residents, ate meals here and felt at home before the final move in date.
Because of ALL the physical help, encouragement and sincere concern by the staff, the move was made with ease. I believe it is the very best home for us for many many reasons.

I am originally from a large Mid-Western City but have traveled extensively and lived in several foreign countries and have enjoyed a very satisfying career in Education and the Fine Arts.
I have spent a great deal of time in other Facilities of this nature, either as an employee, for a short time during my Father 's stay or as a visitor.

None come close to The Carriage House. The staff makes the difference! Two managerial couples live on the premises making them, not only those running and responsible for things, but residents, of a kind, too.

In our, fleeting , youth and middle age, what ever that includes, we don't foresee ourselves as living anywhere other then our own homes.

With the right positive attitude, The Carriage House gives us all the comforts of home with time to "Smell the Roses".

As a former resident of The Carriage ...

As a former resident of The Carriage House, I feel compelled to express my personal experiences and opinions regarding the facility.
Overall, The Carriage House isn't a terrible place to live... but it is certainly not without it's problems. The staff is quite friendly, with the exception of the management team, who seem less than genuine. It appears that they are more interested in pleasing prospective residents than they are in keeping current ones. They attempt to pacify most issues presented to them with such phrases as "We'll look into it", yet seldom follow up on anything. They also have a tendency to speak condescendingly to residents, guests, and staff alike, which I found insulting. There have been numerous occasions where I was seated in the lobby and could overhear inappropriate conversations or obscenities regarding hiring, firing, unfavorable residents and employees, etc.
They also seem a bit understaffed, which led to poor or slow work performance (especially in the housekeeping and maintenance departments). The parking lot is too small and doesn't accommodate enough vehicles. There are humidity issues throughout the facility which cause mold, although the staff insists that it's mildew.
I hope my review is beneficial and helps others in choosing the right retirement community. I understand that no property is without flaws, but some flaws are easily reparable or simply inexcusable. I dearly miss some of the friends I made during my residency at The Carriage House, but I definitely do not miss residing there.

Gracious Retirement Living

My daughter, sister and I have lived at The Carriage House
for almost 11 months and are very pleased with all aspects .
The food is wonderful, the residents are friendly, the surroundings are beautiful (5 star), and most important of all, the staff is exceptional in caring about us and in serving us.

Carriage House

The place is beautiful! The Carriage House workers are so friendly and beyond helpful. They made my dad feel at home immediately. Also, the residents seem very happy there. Terrific place!

We love the place

This facility Carriage House gets all 5s, we love the place! We're out there all the time to see our Mom and we've never seen anything other than a 5 in everything that they do.

Friendliest Staff Ever

My mom has been there a couple months, she misses her house but she is adjusting well. Staff is the nicest that you could find ever. Very, very clean and well maintained. The only thing to leave a bit desired is the cooking. Everything else is just great. The staff, I can't say enough about. My mom is in independent living, and they offer three meals a day. Breakfast, big lunch and then a smaller dinner like a sandwich. They have a bakery and they have really good baked items. We chose because the room that was available was a very close proximity to other amenities, which we thought was important.

We believe that The Carriage House is so much more than walls and windows - it's a place to enjoy home-cooked meals, game night, or a quiet evening with family and friends. It's where you always feel comfortable, safe, and secure.

At The Carriage House, our management teams live on-site, and are available 24 hours a day. Our food is truly made from scratch, and served right to your table along with a smile from our friendly staff.

Enjoy the convenience of our comfortable bus for scheduled appointments, shopping trips and other errands. We also regularly plan special excursions to cultural events, day trips, museums, and other places of interest. If you'd rather stay home, the choice is yours. It's easy to be as private or as social as you wish, The Carriage House features beautiful common areas and there's always a variety of planned activities and a chance to socialize with friends and neighbors every day.