Enjoyed the tour with [name removed]. Introduced to several residents along the way, who seemed to be very happy at Marion Woods. Enjoyed a very nice and tasty meal with two residents. Staff was very pleasant and hospitable. Would be a nice choice. Especially like the heated pool and the apartments we saw were very adequate.

Holiday Marketing

Hello there! We truly appreciate you taking the time to visit us at Marion Woods. Our goal is to help older independent people live better and feedback like yours lets us know we are doing that. Please let us know if you have any further questions. We hope to see you again soon!

I felt good about this place as soon as I pulled in. Once inside, I was able to watch the residents dining and view the menu. That sealed it for me in my heart. The tour was fantastic and the private room was beautiful. Marion Woods has everything and is everything anyone could want.
[name removed] is an outstanding Resident Experience Specialist. I immediately took my family over to see the place, unannounced and he just rolled with the punches. A great place all around.
[name removed]

Holiday Marketing

Hi there, we are very happy to have provided you with such a positive experience! If you have any further questions, please give us a call. We're always happy to help!

My girls and I visited with [name removed] at Marion Woods. It is very nice and price is reasonable. They offer many services and activities. The staff and residents are all friendly and helpful.

Holiday Marketing

Hi there, thank you for taking the time to visit Marion Woods and to provide us with feedback. We appreciate all feedback we receive as it helps us improve and lets us know what we are doing well already. We hope to see you soon!

We went on our scheduled tour of the facility today. "[Removed]" showed us a couple of options for my grandmother. We filled out the paperwork and got approved.

The facility is very nice, well-maintained, and clean. They had games going on for the residents and I watched them try to get as many people to participate that came by (it was a beanbag toss game for which they toss a beanbag into laundry baskets, then, if you scored any bags in the baskets, you got to go to the 2nd floor to try from there to get it in the basket that was still on the 1st floor! It looked like fun!!). They all were having so much fun, smiling, and laughing.

[Removed] set us up (there were three of us looking at the facility for my grandmother) a free lunch where a resident who lives there ate with us to answer our questions. Very nice experience.

They were not pushy at all which I appreciated. They were very kind and were well accommodating to everything we asked.

(Oh, the food was REALLY good!)

A Good Fit and Good Staff

The community is fantastic and when dealing with the hurricane, they made sure all the resident were fed and taken care of. They even recharged the little dispensing medication machine for my dad everyday during that time. They seemed pretty much prepared. I have had a chance to eat with him and they are working on the meals. They have new servers and it was kind of slow but someone jumped in and helped fed the residents. My dad's room is fine and he likes to read books there. They have a well stocked library for him to go through. Since he is not interested in activities, I have seen him interact with the residents instead. Any problem we have gets addressed immediately and they take care of it, I have no complaints. I picked them because the community is more active and alive. This is where he needs to be.

The residents are first and for most

My mom really loves it at Marion Woods and they have been working with me because my mother's condition has changed and she will be needing some in-home options as she is in an independent apt.. They have been amazing, they are very consistent in informing me about how my mother is doing and on the days she does not feel like eating in the dining room they make sure they bring her meals to her.
They show that the residents are first and for most.
I would definitely recommend Marion Woods to my friends and family for their loved ones. In fact, I would gladly move there myself.

Very clean and bright with NO offensive odors. Many floor plans to choose from with affordable prices. Nestle in a quiet wooded area of Ocala, it seems like a good alternative to living in a community without giving up independence.

Residents sitting out front seemed engaged and talked to each other. For someone who's looking for staff involvement, this won't be a good choice as they seem to be more like a Senior Apartment type of place. They expect the residents to check on each other ... staff won't do that. Even the emergency call button goes to "Great Call" - an independent company.

The amenities look pretty good ...bed and towel laundry and cleaning once a week; residents do their other laundry themselves at free machines; 3 meals a day; snacks put out during the day; Restaurant style service.

For someone who's primarily looking for a senior apartment with little involvement from the staff this is a good choice.

Approximately 125 residents and 20 staff (plus additional evening servers at the restaurant).

Average resident age is probably about 80 with the range being about 56 - 99.

He loves it!

It has been a good experience for my loved one so far! The place is beautiful, they have things to do inside and outside. They have a club area and a walking trail. When we moved him in, the place seemed brand new. They redo the apartments and bathrooms before re-renting them. We are very happy with our choice and highly recommend the community.

This is a lovely facility, [Removed] went over all the details and then took us on a tour visiting the cottages as well as the individual apartments, both 1 and two bedroom as well as a suite, we were invited to lunch and seated with two of the hospitality residents, [Removed]. The food and the service was terrific and all the employees seem genuinely happy and friendly - pricing is reasonable. The one is definitely one of my two choices so far. Very nice experience - no pressure or over bearing sales talks. No stoves in the apartments, which is the only drawback - the cottages had full kitchens

My trip to Marion Woods was remarkably impressive. The rooms are very large and the costs are well withn my budget. [Removed] was a wonderful tour guide who answered every question I asked.
The one thing that took down this star rating a little was the food. The portions were quite small, and the vegetables were overcooked. --
Although this is an Independent living facility, arrangements can be made with an in-house company if the need for assisted living arises. For me, that is a great asset in my choice for a new residence.
Thid visit puts Marion Woods near the top of my priorities.

Dad Likes it Here

My father picked out this community his self. So I know he likes it. So far everything is working out pretty, and I'am comfortable with his move to this community. He is adjusting very well to it. The staff is kind, they are friendly and helpful. It is a good, safe community. I would recommend it.

my father really enjoys it here lots to do and lots of friendly people. the food is wonderful and very tasty,.
minor house keeping A+

We Are Happy Here

My husband and I are doing very well here at this community. Everything about this community is great. They do a good job with keeping the community nice and neat. The staff is very helpful and kind. It has been a lovely experience, and I would highly recommend this community.

The first thing that turned me off at Marion Woods is when the salesman walked into his office with us sitting there waiting on him was the stench of stale smoke. It was not a place for my mother-in-law because it was too independent for her. It seemed a very nice place but she would get lost in the shuffle of everything there.

everything is great so far! we have only been here for 11 days, so far, ,so good. foods great, servjce good.

Warm, friendly, clean and safe.

Marion woods is a warm and friendly place. I got that warm and fuzzy feeling the moment I walked in. My mom got the one bedroom apartment without the balcony and it is spacious and well lit. The phone and cable, which were the only things we had to get transfered to her name was done the day we moved in, Century Link (phone service provider) was a little challenging but we got it straight. Best of all my mom loves it there and feels safe. I recommend it highly.

extremely friendly

Everybody at Marion Woods has been extremely friendly. The staff works extremely hard to stay in touch and keep the communication going and they are very diligent to make sure that the guests there are happy.

So far, overall, we have been very pleased.

So far, overall, we have been very pleased. It's clean and the staff is friendly. The food seems to be good. We just liked the overall aesthetics of the place, the friendliness. We also liked the fact that she could still be independent, but have people around if she needed it. They were even a little less expensive than some of the others we checked out.

Rick McPhillips is exceptional! He know his residence by name! The facility is super clean and zero smells! The dining area is outstanding! Plenty of floor plans to choose from. Very friendly environment for both residence and staff. Price breakdown is very attractive for what they offer....great value!!! This is one very nice independent living facility!

Friendly, welcoming community

Our experience with Marion Woods has been a very good one so far. They really did an excellent job welcoming her to the community and helping her get settled in. The facility itself is well kept and clean, and the staff are all very friendly caring people. I would highly recommend this place!

We visited this community o...

We visited this community on Tuesday, Oct. 8 and we waited for Rick McPhillips who was to be our guide thru the community. We spent some time in the main floor area while another associate looked for him...took about 15 minutes. We then spent time in the main dining and first floor commons areas which included a large dining room, meeting room, private dining room, craft/computer/kitchen area, and atrium. Smoking is allowed in the individual apts. and outside but not in the common areas. We were then shown a 1 BR apt. that was furnished and a two BR apt. unfurnished. They appear large and comfortable and include screened porches or balconies. There is a common laundry room (no coins needed) on each floor in each wing. There is no ALF but people can be treated by home health care providers via Medicare in their apts. EVERYONE seemed very friendly and we visited with MANY residents who all seemed to be on the payroll because they couldn't say enough good things about it. We ate a nice dinner, not as plentiful as at Benton Village but quite enough. The apts. come automatically with a 3 meal plan, no other options. The apts. have kitchenettes but there are several full kitchens available to use in the community. There is a selection at each meal. There is a chapel with services provided by resident choice. Transportation is provided free of charge M-F but not on weekends. There is a community club house next to the screened in and heated outdoor pool and gas grill. Paths circle the wooded community and it seems very private. There are 10 - 2 BR villas around the main apt. complex which are very large, face a common parking lot, and back up to the woods. There are 2 baths and one garage and a full kitchen but it is probably too big for my parents. Overall, we liked this better than Benton because of the friendliness of the residents. We disliked it because you must pay for three meals whether you like it or not. We will definitely return to this community with my parents.

Helpful in moving in and getting set-up. Also when little problems happen. A great place to live.

Helpful in moving in and getting set up. Also when little problems happen the staff go the extra mile to help solve the problem. A great place to live.

This is also among my choices. I lik...

This is also among my choices. I like Marion Woods very much.

Bathed in the warm Florida sun, Marion Woods is an inviting and friendly place to come home to. We’re also just a short drive from Gainesville and Orlando. You’ll be happy every day with your decision to join our family, and we look forward to meeting you.

Our all-inclusive month-to-month rent covers:
- Three delicious and nutritious chef-prepared meals from scratch
- A variety of enriching activities
- Weekly housekeeping and linen service
- Transportation
- Most utilities

Friends in 300 places

Built with your comfort and safety in mind