Elan Buena Vista - The Villages, FL

Elan Buena Vista - The Villages, FL has yet not published prices.

I had previously given a 1 on FB for food quality and was pretty tough on [name removed]. But since then there has been a definite improvement that cannot go unnoticed. I want to thank the staff of Elan and especially [name removed] for going above and beyond for assisting with my fathers move and making sure his family had what we needed. It’s been a difficult time for our family and especially my dad. He hates he has to leave beautiful Elan and all the wonderful people here. We would highly recommend Elan to anyone. It’s a beautiful community and staff truly cares about everyone there. So I thank you. [name removed].

Memory Care not as advertised

the memory care experience is not what is promised - while there are some very caring staff and experienced nurses there are not enough - there is over reliance on medicating the residences and falls are frequent due to the inconsistent supervision - staff often standing around kitchen or on phones and turnover is high - some nurses have never worked with elderly patients, meals are cold and reheated in microwave - residents often have add'l expense of providing an outside companion - limited activities and outings - transportation service and front desk is exceptional

Sandy Pennington

We appreciate you sharing these comments. In order to better understand and address your concerns, please contact Ken Ragan, Executive Director at [removed]. Your feedback is important so that we can focus on continual improvement.

Best experience

What a wonderful community to live in. I have friends that live here that would not want it any other way. From the front desk staff, to your maintenance, housekeeping, servers, activities and office staff they are all wonderful. I am looking to move here in the future. I come visit my friends at least two times per week. Their meals are amazing. If i could be here every day I would. Thank you for being such a perfect community and for making your residents and guests feel welcomed and like family.

Sandy Pennington

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience. Your feedback is very valuable to us as we work to provide the best resident and guest experience each and every day. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Best Care of Independent & Assistant Living

My parents ( [name removed] )
are extremely happy an are very pleased
With the Professional attention too the Lifestyle & Food/Transport & Health Services !
In which the staff provides at this great facility starting with housekeeping with there clean & caring personal touch, also the maintenance staff giving immediate detail service. As well as [name removed] at the concierge desk an [name removed] & [name removed] on the Security Team giving attentive service.
My parents are overjoyed with there new home here at ELAN Bunea Vista. An without a doubt the best place for them too relax & transtion into there retired life....
I can’t thank the hosting staff enough (Roz) & Densie Heise for the private one- on -one tour they presented for me with such great pleasure & positive attitude and results.
Also [name removed],RN in Health Care Services
An by all means the man himself (Executive Director [name removed]) he is excellent at his profession as well as the business manager [name removed]. An regardless too those Residents whom may have mention some dismay or disappointment please stay positive. Because this present staff is providing great service with more too come in every area of your request.

I Thank the (entire staff) personally for All of Your Help !

[name removed]
Nutritionist & Health Wellness Counselor
Professional Fitness Specialist (40 yrs.)
Aspen,Co

Sandy Pennington

We appreciate your taking time to provide your feedback. This feedback is encouraging as we work to provide an outstanding experience for our residents and guests every day.

Dining services implorable from top to bottom

Have had the opportunity to visit and dine with my parent and am appalled at the mismatch between the facility they promote (5 Star facility and dining). There are significant problems in the dining room that include unbearable waits (typically 60-75 minutes to get your meal), lack of training of wait staff, cold food, undercooked( not done/raw) meat and seafood, and constantly running out of menu items. To top it all off, there are always excuses, rather than accepting responsibility and apologizing and owning it needs to get better. They have trouble keeping staff due to the stress of having to make constant excuses . Even the Director, blames others. For the tremendous monthly rent, these issues are unacceptable. If food and service like this occurred outside of Elan at a local restaurant, it would be returned and addressed and made right. At Elan, the residents are stuck with choosing to accept the reality or move. I cannot believe that The Villages, who is partnered with the facility can feel comfortable with their name connected.

Sandy Pennington

Thank you for providing us with this valuable feedback. We would welcome the opportunity to have a discussion so that we can better understand and address the concerns. Please feel free to contact Kenneth Ragan, Executive Director at [removed]. Your feedback is important so that we can meet and exceed expectations.

Disappointment

When my father and I visited Elan we were sure promised a lot for the $$$. Yes the place is beautiful, yes the staff is friendly. But after 2 months it has quickly gone down hill. Meeetings promising for things to get better and yes it’s end of August and it gets worse. My father is in independent. I’m visiting and yet to have a meal worthy of eating. Hospital food is better than what they serve. Raw chicken I got tonight. The entire cooks quit but 1. How can this sweet woman prepare food properly and be proud of what she was trained to do. It’s not her fault it’s the owner and managers fault for doing nothing for not being around or involved. They take these peoples hard earned $$$ who just want to live out there lives in comfort. It’s disgraceful, disheartening and repulsive that this owner can sleep at night. Knowing that these elderly people sit and wait to be served crap!

Sandy Pennington

Thank you for providing us with this valuable feedback. We would welcome the opportunity to have a discussion so that we can better understand and address the concerns. Please feel free to contact Ken Ragan, Executive Director at [removed]. Your feedback is important so that we can meet and exceed expectations.

A good location, especially for those used to the Villages. A nice, new facility, just opened in April. Did not have availability and we were looking for a two bedroom, but we definitely liked it overall.

Sandy Pennington

Super facility with it's recent completion of construction. A little pricey for us, but not out of the running and as yet not as many residents in the ALF side. In

Sandy Pennington

Your feedback is greatly appreciated as we strive to provide the best experience for our residents and guests each and every day.

Beautiful brand new facility. We toured the independent and assisted living facilities. My mom needs assisted living at this time and since it opened in the past month, the number of people that have moved it is limited as are the activities. My mom needs a more dynamic environment that what was available there at this time.

Review of Elan Buena Vista - The Villages, FL

All good and improving.

Review of Elan Buena Vista - The Villages, FL

Elan is a very lovely community. The people who work here are very caring and professional. The physical surroundings are cheerful and aesthetically appealing. It looks like a Marcott Hotel.