American House Wildwood - Wildwood, FL

Loved the place: situated in the woods and still close to stores and library. Rooms are bright and clean with balconies. Food was very good. Maximum opportunity for socializing. Pets allowed but $500 entry fee.

SOUNDS OF TIME LIVE MUSIC DUO, always has a wonderful time, bringing the best variety music memories for all the residents. From Patsy Cline to Elvis, and more. [Name removed] and [Name removed] make it fun, along with all the residents, singing and some dancing to all the great tunes

My husband and I attended an event at American House and had such a wonderful time, everyone was so nice. We look forward to our next visit.

I have visited every community in the Villages and this was by far the most welcoming. The people that live at American House are so friendly along with the people that work there. This is our number one choice! We placed our deposit and making the move.

Gorgeous community! Definitely, worth visiting.

Such a beautiful community and the staff is so friendly

5 star community! Such a beautiful building, the pool deck is resort like. I was impressed that you can eat at two different places in the building anytime. Worth taking a look at..

I toured this community and couldn't believe they have full kitchens and washer/ dryers in all the apts. The cost is affordable, you can eat when you like and even have transportation if you need it.

American House is definitely worth visiting. The apartments are spacious the building is well maintained and everyone is so friendly. Don't let me forget how good the food is!!

We toured this community and was so impressed with how friendly everyone was that we came in contact with, from the staff to the residents. We felt so welcomed and feel that American House is a place we will call home.

The restaurant in this community is wonderful. Residents who live at American House get three meals per day included in their rent. They have a large menu with so much to choose from and what's even better you can eat whenever you want. I rate this community 5 stars!!

What a beautiful community. The people that work and live here are amazing! I highly recommend this community.

Amazing community, amazing residents … Amazing team keeping it all together every day

This is a beautiful place and the staff seems very helpful & friendly. It was just a little too far for my mom to be. But I wouldn't mind going their myself eventually.

want to live at this place! Lol couldn't ask for a better place for my precious grandparents. The staff that we've meet go above and beyond and there was a man [name removed] that they have raved about helping them move in. I'm assuming hes a sales clerk but when I met him he seems like much more to the place. Always buzzing around. Anyway if you're looking for a place for your parents or grandparents I can't say enough good things so far. Good to know places like this exist.

My mother and I toured this community while she was visiting from up north and she could not believe how wonderful it was. The staff were all very friendly and the apartments were really beautiful with full appliances, granite countertops, and a washer and dryer in every apartment. Nothing felt institutional at all. As we toured we saw what they were serving for dinner ... wow, really upscale and the residents we spoke to said it tasted as good as it looked. The swimming pool and bar area made it look and feel like a resort in Vail. I have been trying to get my mother to move down here and this may finally be the place that draws her here.

Great place with staff that is friendly and helpful. The facility does seem like a resort with a beautiful pool, restaurant and beauty shop. Massage appointments are also available at a very reasonable price.

American House is the friendliest place in town and, I would like to say that the staff is great, they're accommodating, caring and loving. After checking other places this is the only place I choose to live.

A place like home

A place to fit in, family and friends.

THE GOOD LIFE !!!

Your first impression is an eyeful-has a touch of the old west. Depending on your retirement fund many floorplans to suite your needs. Completely renovated dining room and wide choices of breakfast, lunch and supper weekly entertainment and in house movie theatre with nightly movies. Outdoor heated poo, hot tub l and full service saloon and short order menu. Two community busses to take residences to appointed doctor visits and shopping. Great choice for a new life of independent living and the monthly rental is fair. Forgot to mention each apartment has a washer and dryer.

American House is a wonderful community!

I visited the facility and thought it was beautiful

Staff is very friendly and helpful especially [name removed]! Would definitely recommend

American House has efficient leadership, friendly hard working staff and its a very inviting and comfortable environment to live in.

Love this amazing community. All the residents and all staff are the best. I wouldn't change a thing...it is PERFECT!!!

If the Lord created anything better he kept it for Himself, the only other home I will know is when the Lord calls me home to be with him forever

Since I have been living here at American House I have made lots of new friends and enjoyed good food with lots of fun activities, and a very supportive staff

Absolutely, love this community! The residents and the management team are amazing! You couldn't ask for a better community!

American House is like having a second home, the staff is warm and friendly and willing to help however they can.The residents are very friendly, its easy to make friends here

This commmunity is absolutely beautiful and full of life. The leadership team works as if everyone is family. I highly encourage anyone looking for a great, socially active indeoendent community, this has it all. A full bar and a pool as well! Can’t beat the price point

Awesome management. Best bang for your buck. Large apartnments and great dining. Love this building.

The Best Around" Many things to do library, theater, chapel, game room, crafts, billiards, pool, fitness room and hair salon. Van takes us to the grocery store- drug stores, doctors and all trips. The food is great with lots of choices!
Washer/ Dryer and full kitchens in all apts. All help, wait staff, cleaning people are all great! If American House doesn't have what you would like ask, they will try to help you.

I have been here for 9 months, I've put on 3 lbs because the food is so good. The people here are the greatest and the staff is so helpful, anything you want to know, they know. We have so many activities its hard to get all of them in. The building itself is like a five star hotel with anything and everything you need.

American House has the most to offer for an independent living community. There are lots of activities; I especially enjoy winning a game or two of Bingo each week. The food has improved. Great having a separate menu for days when you don't like the chef's main menu. My husband, our dog Cocoa and I would not want to move anywhere else

Someone, asked me if I like living at American House, my reply was, I don't like it, I LOVE IT! The staff is loving and caring for everybody, they good out of their way to assist when needed. The food is excellent with a great selection of choices with a variety daily. The soups without exception are always wonderful. There's always a choice of desserts along with ice-cream always available. Lots of activities , movies all day in the theater. The library has a great selection of books with large print available. The fitness center has a variety of equipment with instruction provided, along with fitness classes. We have a heated pool & jacuzzi, what more could you ask for?

My mother has been living here for over a year now, and while we were making our decision we toured many properties, but we decided that American House was the best fit for her; What a great decision! In that time, she has made many new friends, as well as I, and we are pleased with the staff and the overall feel of the community. Everyone there makes you feel like you are part of the family and that dynamic is very important. Things are great, but they keep getting better. There have been some recent changes in the past 3 months as I notice the appearance of the community from the overall maintenance of the property and upkeep has improved during this time. There is a lot of attention to detail; From the little things, such as the lights being maintained throughout the community, to the general upkeep and appeal of the property. Whomever is in charge of the facilities and maintenance is doing a stellar job as we have had no issues-if something needs attention it is addressed immediately and with the utmost care. American House is definitely a beautiful place to call home and I would recommend anyone who is looking, be it for a parent or themselves... This place is top notch and has an incredible staff who really cares. Oh, and did I mention the food?! Resort living at its best. FIVE STARS!

Very nice, the floors, pool, pub, good food at restaurant.

Lovely place - very clean, the residents all seemed to be happy and satisfied. Beautiful spacious dining room, good food, and friendly servers Tour was very informative; saw one of two floor plans and it was just TOO SMALL -- we were both shocked by it. A person living alone could be quite happy there.

Western team on first 2 floors made the facility look dark. The 3rd floor was decorated with bright colors and a Key West theme. Was more inviting. 1 bedroom apt was nice size. Liked the central common area with larger pool. Monthly rate was better as it was outside The Villages

American House Senior Living Communities

Thank you for taking the time to tour with us! We're glad to see you had a positive experience at American House Wildwood and we appreciate your feedback.

good place but I'am not ready for this, it wont be necessary to see any more, very high prices on all these places

American House Senior Living Communities

Thank you for your 4- star review of our community. Our community fees are comparable to many area senior living communities and in some cases lower. We appreciate you taking the time to tour with us. Thanks again.

I love this facility and would be there in 2 shakes if my finances allowed. I'm attending an event the end of the month to keep in tough with them as well.

Not All Promised

Looking at our experience from the beginning, I must say that I am disappointed. Yes, they have nice apartments with Washer and Dryers. Yes they have Kitchens in some apartments. When you live there and experience the lack of care when it comes to repairing these on a timely manner they become useless. Their patios are screened but the edges are fraying. Their hallways are very closed in and not that bright. Their movie theater is not really a movie theater but an entertainment room with a large screen tv. They have Ipads in the walls in their activity areas but are confusing to use. The screens by the elevators are not working all the time. It seems that they promise you something and deliver something else. Found another Independent Location nearby and it costs about the same, but I don't have a washer and dryer in the unit. I am close to the free laundry facility they have on premises and it really doesn't get used at the same time I wash, so it is not as bad as you may think. 3 meals a day and the managers bend over backward for you. They don't have a bar, but I really didn't like that option at Providence anyway. I can still buy my own drinks and bring them to the table if I want to, which actually save me money. Great move decision. Finally somewhere they care.

There is a lot of turnover

This is near the villages, and they have expanded so much, there are over a hundred thousand people there. Not a lot of people live in the area that work here though, and there is a lot of turnover. It got to the point that people would complain to the manager, and he would just tell people, well then move. We did.

A beautiful facility

Its a really nice facility for independent living. They come in and help mom with her apartment. It's a nice place for someone who is independent. Its a beautiful facility. There is lots of amenities. They have a pool, hot tub, a work out room, a bar and more. It has been a great experience. My mom is very comfortable and happy here. I would recommend this place.

Fabulous facility. Resident...

Fabulous facility. Residents seemed happy and vibrant. Reasonably priced. Great amenities. Very close to where I will be living.

Great place and my parents ...

Great place and my parents loved the food and grounds. Unfortunately my parents are between Independent Living and Assisted Living for the care they need so it just makes more sense to focus on Assisted Living....

Best Independent Living for the Money

They don't provide a lot of care, they take them to the doctors or shopping, but as far as the care goes, this part of Providence doesn't have much. The part that is built right now is a retirement community, and they will be constructing an assisted living and memory care unit sometime towards the end of next year. In independent living, they provide two meals a day, and each apartment has their own kitchen and laundry. People to come do hair and such, and they have a visiting doctor, but no one that oversees meds. For the money and what you get, Providence is the best thing. In fact, several residents from the other facilities we looked at ended up moving to Providence.

Wonderful Director

I really liked, but the rooms that were available were too far away from the rest of the amenities in the facility. She would have had to walk a ways to get to the dining room and such. Tricia Marks is the director, and she is really, really nice. It's in a good location, and the inside of the building is kind of a Western motif.