American House Wildwood - Wildwood, FL

Very nice, the floors, pool, pub, good food at restaurant.

Lovely place - very clean, the residents all seemed to be happy and satisfied. Beautiful spacious dining room, good food, and friendly servers Tour was very informative; saw one of two floor plans and it was just TOO SMALL -- we were both shocked by it. A person living alone could be quite happy there.

Western team on first 2 floors made the facility look dark. The 3rd floor was decorated with bright colors and a Key West theme. Was more inviting. 1 bedroom apt was nice size. Liked the central common area with larger pool. Monthly rate was better as it was outside The Villages

American House Senior Living Communities

Thank you for taking the time to tour with us! We're glad to see you had a positive experience at American House Wildwood and we appreciate your feedback.

good place but I'am not ready for this, it wont be necessary to see any more, very high prices on all these places

American House Senior Living Communities

Thank you for your 4- star review of our community. Our community fees are comparable to many area senior living communities and in some cases lower. We appreciate you taking the time to tour with us. Thanks again.

I love this facility and would be there in 2 shakes if my finances allowed. I'm attending an event the end of the month to keep in tough with them as well.

Not All Promised

Looking at our experience from the beginning, I must say that I am disappointed. Yes, they have nice apartments with Washer and Dryers. Yes they have Kitchens in some apartments. When you live there and experience the lack of care when it comes to repairing these on a timely manner they become useless. Their patios are screened but the edges are fraying. Their hallways are very closed in and not that bright. Their movie theater is not really a movie theater but an entertainment room with a large screen tv. They have Ipads in the walls in their activity areas but are confusing to use. The screens by the elevators are not working all the time. It seems that they promise you something and deliver something else. Found another Independent Location nearby and it costs about the same, but I don't have a washer and dryer in the unit. I am close to the free laundry facility they have on premises and it really doesn't get used at the same time I wash, so it is not as bad as you may think. 3 meals a day and the managers bend over backward for you. They don't have a bar, but I really didn't like that option at Providence anyway. I can still buy my own drinks and bring them to the table if I want to, which actually save me money. Great move decision. Finally somewhere they care.

There is a lot of turnover

This is near the villages, and they have expanded so much, there are over a hundred thousand people there. Not a lot of people live in the area that work here though, and there is a lot of turnover. It got to the point that people would complain to the manager, and he would just tell people, well then move. We did.

A beautiful facility

Its a really nice facility for independent living. They come in and help mom with her apartment. It's a nice place for someone who is independent. Its a beautiful facility. There is lots of amenities. They have a pool, hot tub, a work out room, a bar and more. It has been a great experience. My mom is very comfortable and happy here. I would recommend this place.

Fabulous facility. Resident...

Fabulous facility. Residents seemed happy and vibrant. Reasonably priced. Great amenities. Very close to where I will be living.

Great place and my parents ...

Great place and my parents loved the food and grounds. Unfortunately my parents are between Independent Living and Assisted Living for the care they need so it just makes more sense to focus on Assisted Living....

Best Independent Living for the Money

They don't provide a lot of care, they take them to the doctors or shopping, but as far as the care goes, this part of Providence doesn't have much. The part that is built right now is a retirement community, and they will be constructing an assisted living and memory care unit sometime towards the end of next year. In independent living, they provide two meals a day, and each apartment has their own kitchen and laundry. People to come do hair and such, and they have a visiting doctor, but no one that oversees meds. For the money and what you get, Providence is the best thing. In fact, several residents from the other facilities we looked at ended up moving to Providence.

Wonderful Director

I really liked, but the rooms that were available were too far away from the rest of the amenities in the facility. She would have had to walk a ways to get to the dining room and such. Tricia Marks is the director, and she is really, really nice. It's in a good location, and the inside of the building is kind of a Western motif.