Steeplechase Gracious Retirement - Oxford, FL

Very nice place!

This community was not bad at all. The people here were very helpful and assisted us in a very pleasant way. This community was clean and the residents seemed to be happy here. This facility just did not offer the care that my sister needed.

Mom Is Doing Wonderful and Enjoying Activities

My mom likes it her new community. In the beginning she was no transitioning well but the staff went over backwards to get her comfortable.[Removed], the manager is fantastic she treats everyone great. For the money, they were the best option and provide a beautiful, clean and wonderful facility. She is swimming, joining activities and doing things she has not done in years. When I call her she always tell she can't talk because she is about to do something. For the meals, she says it's boring and not great quality. She wishes she had something different because the menu is like her prior community.

I love Steeplechase!!

This retirement center is simply wonderful. The food is excellent and the residents are treated with respect at all times. Daphne should be voted employee of the year for her sincere treatment of residents and family members. I would recommend this retirement center to everyone.

Good fit for our situation

So far my Mom (90) and step-Dad (93) are doing fine, even though they were reluctant to leave their house in The Villages. Just the right balance of support and independence, friendly staff and residents, good food, nice spacious light apartment. There is only one elevator for the building, which was a challenge on moving day 2 weeks ago, and could be a safety issue.
And they have not found the bridge games!
Overall, so far we are well pleased.

Very, Very pleased

All they need is an elevator. We're very, very pleased. Thanks to Robert for helping us. Everything has been going great. My mom loves it here. The Steeplechase Gracious Retirement is a very nice community.

would certainly recommend

My mom is sort of a finicky eater. Some food she doesn't like, but it has been better at Steeplechase Gracious Retirement than it was at the previous place she was at. She still doesn't like it sometimes, but I can't tell how much of that is reality versus my moms perception.

It is a really nice facility with excellent staff. I would certainly recommend Steeplechase Gracious Retirement to others.

Very nice facility...very clean and no odors. Studio...$1895/mo. Very bright and cheery. Some views are great...some not so great. My tour guide Ellie was pleasant and helpful. Studio costs $350 more than Marion Woods, but offers more for the money. Location is 25 miles from doctors office...Marion is only 13.5. Nice to see some malls and eateries outside complex.

An Unexpected Blessing

I was prepared for the worst, after all, Mother had lived alone for over 23 years, and she was one to stand her ground (very firmly) if she didn't want to do something!
As we toured the beautiful Steeplechase community, my husband and I pointed out things to Mother we hoped would help open her view to "this could be home." With all the amenities and activities Steeplechase had to offer, we were happy she was open to all of it, and not displaying a rejective attitude.
We also noted the residents....they wore bright beautiful smiles as they greeted us, or even as they sat and visited with each other.
It was evident this is indeed a HAPPY PLACE.

Mother selected a beautiful apartment, and the day she moved in, 3 people came by to 'Welcome her Home.' Once again I was reassured we had made a good choice, and for Mom, it was the beginning of new friendships.

One would expect the staff to be curtious and pleasant, especially if you are new to the house. Well let me say....its been a month, and I have nothing but the HIGHEST respect and praise for this entire staff team! If there was a need or request, the management team did everything possible to assure this felt like 'home' for Mom....and stated their goal..."we want her to be happy."
The Managers also live at Steeplechase, so the residents become "family" to them, and this was another security layer for me, knowing Mother was in their care.

I observed the many requests made by residents during mealtime, and noted how they were handled by the dining staff....again, I was impressed!
When you talk to the residents, and they have nothing but good things to say about the 'entire' Steeplechase Staff...that carries a lot of weight in my book. I can't thank them enough for their kindness and loving attitude to the "family" of residents.

This move was covered with much prayer, and totally directed by Gods design. I never dreamed a move and relocation for Mom could go so smoothly. What a "Blessing" Steeplechase is for our family. Our only regret, we should have done this 10 years ago.

Thank you 'A Place for Mom', for being instrumental in leading us to Steeplechase, and for seeing us through this difficult decision process. What a great and positive experience it has been working with you.

Sincerely,
Jan Cottle

Love, love, love Steeplechase!!!

Steeplechase is wonderful, and my mom is SO happy here!
She had been in an assisted living facility and I was unaware that she could live in this lovely independent living facility with outsourced home health care to ensure she takes her meds and gets help with bathing. It is far superior to the ALF option, and the staff here is awesome! She loves her apartment, the beautiful facility, and especially the food - dining room is her favorite place! She has made some new friends and is enjoying the activities, so we are very happy with her move here. Her quality of life has improved 1000%!

I am very happy at my new HOME ! ...

I am very happy at my new HOME !

I toured this facility with my parent...

I toured this facility with my parent several months before my parent decided to move in. We toured a total of 5 facilities and Steeplechase made the short list of 2 finalists. I found it to be clean with nice amenities and very good food. The building is relatively new and looks and feels fresh. It feels safe. It seems like you can always find something to do there to keep busy. Availability of transportation for shopping, appointments, etc. was a big plus. The staff is very dedicated and helpful. They have been an excellent source of information, support and help during my parent's transition.

Nice place and Daphne was g...

Nice place and Daphne was great to work with but not a good fit for my parents. My parents like the flexible eating schedules and here it was three set times each day. This is a very socializing place and good to keep others going but again not a good fit for my parents.

independent 1795.00 / 2030....

independent 1795.00 / 2030.00 not assisted living nurses that do come to the site cost would be private with them. Will be opening up a new site that will be assisted living in two weeks that may be a option. Staff very nice

Daphne Davis

We are not Assisted Living, but we do have Home Health Care that can assist residents with specific needs one on one. You can pay for only the services you need. The building this person was referring to is not assisted living either, but our sister facility-Carriage House.

We believe that Steeplechase is so much more than walls and windows - it's a place to enjoy home-cooked meals, game night, or a quiet evening with family and friends. It's where you always feel comfortable, safe, and secure.

At Steeplechase, our management teams live on-site, and are available 24 hours a day. Our food is truly made from scratch, and served right to your table along with a smile from our friendly staff.

Enjoy the convenience of our comfortable bus for scheduled appointments, shopping trips and other errands. We also regularly plan special excursions to cultural events, day trips, museums, and other places of interest. If you'd rather stay home, the choice is yours. It's easy to be as private or as social as you wish, Steeplechase features beautiful common areas and there's always a variety of planned activities and a chance to socialize with friends and neighbors every day.