The Bridges at Warwick - Jamison, PA

So happy to have Dad back!

We looked at many assisted living locations before deciding on The Bridges at Warwick. The building is beautifully decorated and the food is delicious. The staff was sincere and truly had the residents best interests at heart. Shortly after moving in, our loved one had a medical issue. The staff at The Bridges worked with us over several days and even the weekend to find appropriate treatment and help during this very stressful time. After receiving treatment, they welcomed Dad back with open arms and even helped us to closely monitor him for any setbacks. We are so grateful for their knowledge and care, our family doctor did not even know where to begin. We are so happy to have our Dad back in every way! We were fortunate to find a place with exceptional people like [name removed], [name removed], [name removed], [name removed], [name removed] and [name removed]. We are so happy to have found this at The Bridges at Warwick!

A safe, loving and beautiful place for seniors

My mother-in-law is 86 with significant short term memory and various medical challenges, including mobility. She has been a resident at Bridges for the last few months. I cannot say enough good things about the loving care and support that she has received at Bridges. The staff is friendly, courteous and very capable. There are countless daily activities and many special events that enhance the life of the residents, The building is beautifully appointed, providing an important sense of dignity to the residents. I have already recommended Bridges to several others and plan to continue to share all that it offers.

Not the Last Stop for Your Loved One

Our mother, age 96 at the time, was one of the original residents in the assisted living area of The Bridges when the facility opened in Spring 2017. Not long after she moved in, the Director [name removed] was pushing for her to be placed into the Memory Care unit, when she really pretty functional at about a level 2-3 of the disease, and not ready for that extreme level of care. After about 1 1/2 years, she had dropped to about a level 4, and we made the decision to move her to the Memory Care unit, where she quickly went downhill both mentally and physically. She wanted to stay in her room and rest (age 97) rather than be forcibly locked out of her room all day for all meals and to deal with the noisy conversation, multitude of activities, and physical intrusion by more severely ill patients. Unfortunately, she fell several times, the last fall resulting in a brain bleed that dropped her into near end-stage dementia. Any one who has read anything about this horrible disease knows this stage is marked by aggressive behavior, mood swings, and poor sleep patterns / muscle control. As all this was happening, we were told by both the Director and the then-head of the Memory Care unit that our mother's behavior was the EXCEPTION to anyone's else's they ever encountered in their years of dealing with Dementia patients, when we as her family knew this was actually classic textbook behavior for this level. They refused to deal with her and told us to get round the clock aides to watch her, which more than doubled our monthly cost for the apartment. In addition to trying to accommodate the demands of this facility, we had to deal with the completely unaffected head of the Memory Care unit, who was so lacking in compassion for my mother and us, and made it a point to call my sister daily, many times more than once, to report her aggressive behavior (not unlike getting a call from the school principal!). Once our mother's level of cognizance diminished, it was quite obvious that The Bridges was not a place to give proper care to anyone suffering from advanced Dementia, even though they advertise to care until end stage. This review is to warn prospective caregivers and families that this will not be the last stop for their loved ones, and their policy in the Memory Care unit of locking very elderly and mentally disabled people out of their rooms all day to be in a full time "community" setting where a few low skilled aides can keep an eye on them and force them to do crafts is not a suitable environment for everyone; each resident needs to be treated as a worthy individual, not an inmate. This is truly sad, as anyone knows that a change in environment is detrimental to Dementia sufferers, and if forced to move from Bridges to a nursing home can be traumatic at best, and in many cases such as our mother's, result in her great suffering and imminent loss.

Community Looks Brand New

I had a good tour of this community. It looks like a brand new community. From what I saw everything looked great. The staff was cordial, and my questions were answered. I did find another community that suited our needs better, but my tour of this community went well.

Nice, Friendly Community

My parents are doing okay with their move to this community. However I'am satisfied with their move, this is a nice community. They have a friendly, kind staff, and I know they are in good hands. The community is well-kept, when I come to visit everything is always well maintained. They provide good meals, and nice activities for the residents. They are safe here in this community, and I would recommend it overall.

It Has Been Good For Mom

Our experience has been good. I think the staff are attentive and positive. The community has a clean and neat environment. Their response is quick for when the alarm on her wrist is pushed. That is important. We picked the community mostly for convenience of its location.

Administration is not transparent, facility is new and does not have policies in place for critical events

I will give 1 star due to the caring aids, nurses, and non-administrative staff at the Bridges. However, when an extremely dangerous situation occurred resulting in police returning my mom to the Bridges, the administration was [removed] and nontransparent. After several phone calls, a trip to the Warwick police station and obtaining the information from my moms fitbit that she showed had walked 9.6 miles, I was able to get to the bottom of the events.
Not only did the staff not investigate the event after she was returned by the police, they had no intention of calling her family to notify us of the situation.
In response to my mothers getting lost was a mandatory "wander guard". Which meant every time my mom got close to the door the door would lock. Therefore when she would want to smoke an aide would have to take her out to smoke. But because the Bridges is close to full capacity the aide was unable to stay with her, so she would be left locked out of the facility and wait until someone could let her in. I recently found out that she waited and waited, and during that time went for a walk to the giant! This became a great source of stress, not to mention that the only option was a bracelet that look her independence away.
The newness of this facility leads to a lack of policy and procedures. I have since taken my mother out of the Bridges and not one member of the administrative staff has reached out to my family to express any remorse for the situation. Yet, the day after she left $6,325.00 was taken from her account.

So far so good!!

The Bridges at Warwick is a brand new facility & absolutely gorgeous! They have nursing staff 24/7 which is very important as well as a doctor that sees patients weekly. They have plenty of fun activities but some of them have been a little disorganized so far. I think this is because they are new & are hoping this will get better in time. The food is ok (basic American cuisine) but there are several options to choose from at every meal. Everyone on the staff is so welcoming and friendly. We feel confident knowing that our loved one is well cared for here.

Brand New Community, Looks Nice

My tour of this community went very well. It is a brand new facility. Everything is very well maintained, and nice and neat. The staff was kind and friendly. They were informative and answered my questions. It was just a little to far from her old neighborhood. It was a pleasant tour.

Lovely community!

I can't say enough about the staff. I am very pleased with the level of care they offer. They willfully and cheerfully perform their job and take great care of my husband. My husband is eating very well and enjoys the food. The community is very friendly and enthusiastic. They offer many activities for the residents.

Top of my list!

The director Sue and the tour guide Kim were very knowledgeable and helpful. They have a unique program called transitions for people with moderate to mild dementia. They have a great exercise program which includes a small exercise room run by Fox rehabilitation. I met the chef and I have heard that the food is good. I would have moved my dad here if it was completed when he needed to move.

Wonderful Wonderful

I had my husband here and the experience was much better than my first. They provided wonderful care and are very good at what they do. The staff were accommodating, nice and communicated well with me. The facility was very new and very clean. I was there everyday and they are really wonderful.

A beautiful community!!

My dad was at The Bridges at Warwick for a short time and he did like it there. The food was good however I think the variety could increase. He did not participate in any activities and I think these could also have more of a variety. The staff are nice and keep me informed of her care. I would recommend this community to family and friends.

Mom has been here for a little over a month now. My overall rating is a 5 because there isn't one thing I would change about my mom's new home away from home. The staff are the friendliest and most caring people I have ever met. The facility is always spotless and my mom's room is thoroughly cleaned on a weekly basis. The value is great. We've looked at other facilities close to Warwick and they are definitely the most value for the money. Mom has been getting PT and OT and has improved greatly in the short time she's been there. I went to visit unannounced and I "caught" her walking back to her room from the dining room with a staff member close behind her. I could have cried I was so happy to see this improvement. The activities have also helped my mother's mental health in a very short time. She is the happiest I've seen her in two years. Honestly, I can never reach my mother on the telephone in her room because she is always busy doing some type of activity. I cannot thank The Bridges at Warwick family enough for all they have done. They are like our new extended family.