Brookdale Northampton - Richboro, PA

Brookdale Senior Living Northampton

Mom is happy here.

I liked the tour, the dining room, and the activities. I would have liked to have seen more residents around.

Nice Experience

I had a good tour of this community. Everyone was kind to my family, and I. The staff we met was kind and helpful. They answered our questions, and the experience went well overall. I did find another community that met our needs better, but I had a nice tour of this community.

A tour for care

We toured this community. The staff was nice. This community was not being enough. We liked that they have activities.The menu looked appealing. We would recommend that families tour this community for the care of a loved one.

Enjoying This Community

So far everything is working out pretty well for my loved one, and his move to this community. He is enjoying his time here, and I'am satisfied. I know he is safe, and in good hands. The staff is kind, and friendly. They are helpful, and fairly prompt when responding to my concerns. They do serve well balanced meals. There are nice activities available, but I thought they would take him out on more shopping trips. I would say that would be my only complaint. Overall this is a community I would recommend, it is a nice place.

A good community.

It took my mother in law a few weeks to adjust to living at Brookdale. The staff are a little slow to respond when she presses her button for help, unfortunately I think the might be a little understaffed. They do offer daily activities and they are trying to help her walk. She seems to like the food and they keep the community clean. I would recommend looking at this community to see if it would work for you.

Respite Care

My 92-y-o mother is there respite with a broken ankle until she can come home and get around on her own without a wheelchair. She says the food is good and mostly the staff is good but it is assisted living and many times when she rings for help it is a while before anyone responds.

A good experience!

The staff at the Brookdale seem to be generally concerned with the well being of my loved one. They are caring and I like how they treat her. It has truly been a positive experience. The food that is served at the Brookdale she says is very good. The only minor complaints she has had are little things like for example, being in the memory care unit, she is not allowed to have a bar of soap. Other than that, we are very happy with our decision to chose this community.

Loved this place!

The Brookdale Northampton was very nice & we loved it here! Very "homey" atmosphere & the community we saw looked happy. They had a nice large dining room with assigned seating. If this place was closer we most likely would have chosen it because it was a great value.

Kind Tour Guide

We had a nice tour of this community. It is a very nice place with kind people. Our tour guide was kind, and informative. All our questions were answered.

Warm and friendly environment

As we all know this is a very difficult decision to make. Sometimes your loved one is agreement and other times not.
I am challenged with the not. [Removed] was very helpful and reassuring every step of the way. She was very helpful and understanding.
Both [Removed]and [Removed] made it easy to understand the different types of options that they could provide me with.
Services, pricing, room type and type of assistance that would be needed.
The food is very tasteful not bland. The presentation and portions are beautiful. The dining room is open and inviting. Very high pitched ceilings wall to wall windows.
There are many areas where you can sit throughout the building. Not just in your room. Small quaint areas, mid size areas, private dining room for you and your loved ones that you can reserve. Also a very inviting open area where you can sit with the other residents.
The entire place is very well kept. It is very clean it does not smell like disinfectant it has a soft clean scent.
Every one that works there is always very pleasant greats you with a hello and a warm smile.
If you are about to begin the task of finding a new home for someone I strongly suggest going to Brookdale Northhampton in Richboro you will be very pleased.

Exceptional Staff!!

The staff at this community is absolutely exceptional, especially the administration they have had excellent communication with my family and I about our parents. The facility is beautiful with lots of great amenities offered inside and great scenery surrounding the outside. The only complaint I have had this far is in the entry way of the building there is always a strong smell of urine and it is very disturbing. I have mentioned my issues to the staff though and they assured me the problem will be taken care of as soon as possible.

Still not it!

I went on a tour here and I did like the community. The staff was very accommodating and they answered all of our questions. There was nothing wrong with the place I just felt that there was somewhere else better.

Residents Didn't Look Happy

We were not very impressed with this community. One of the main things I was looking at was the appearance of the other residents. The residents at the community did not appear to be happy. It was a not a very cheerful atmosphere.

Improvement needs to be made !!

This community needs a lot of improvement, the food is very bland and has little to no taste. There also seems to be a lot of confusion with the staffing and the scheduling. Things are often promised to my loved one and then are quickly forgotten and not followed through with. I am not very satisfied with the service they have been receiving and am hoping improvements are made quickly.

I was very impressed with this facility . The over all experience has been easy and pleasant . They are accommodating in every way . My mom will be moving in in a week , I am hoping she loves her new home .

Excellent

A wonderful experience
Lovely facilities
Great activities
Delicious food
Personnel were helpful and engaging

Nice, Clean Community

My friend seems to be doing well here at this community. I picked this place because I knew she would be in good hands and safe here. The have a very friendly staff, they have been great to work with. The community looks great, everything is nice and clean. She is still able to live in the same neighborhood she lived in before. We are very happy with this community. It is a nice place and I would recommend it.

Not the place for my dad!

The tour guide was very reassuring and shared a wealth of knowledge. Brookdale Northampton didn't harbor an inviting environment because it had a foul odor. The community had smaller rooms and it felt more like a nursing home.

We used this community for respite care!!!

Brookdale Northampton is nice and they keep it clean. The staff bent over to backwards to make my mom feel comfortable with her respite stay. They tried to get her involved in some of the daily activities they offer. We will be using this community again for respite care in the future.

Total Acceptance

Although not the newest, most modern and recently built, building, Brookdale Northampton has a very welcoming vibe on entering the building. It just felt so comfortable and very clean. All the personnel, from aides to nursing staff to office staff, were very friendly and caring. They accepted my mom wholeheartedly into their caring community, which I greatly appreciated. Would gladly recommend this facility to friends and family.

Toured

We toured this community, and overall I thought it seemed like a nice place. The facility was well kept and clean, and all of the staff I met seemed friendly and professional. We ended up selecting another community based on proximity to family members, but this is somewhere I would have considered as an option for my loved one.

Toured

We toured this community while looking into care options for a loved one. Brookdale Northampton feels like a nice enough place, although we did end up selecting a different community. The staff here were friendly and helpful during the tour, but the place just had a very "nursing home" feel to it.

The Brookdale Choice

Brookdale has been an excellent choice for my mother. The friendly staff and the interest they have in making sure that the residents are cared for both physically and mentally and their encouragement to get the residents involved in everyday activities is a big plus.

Very nice place!

We're very pleased with how things have gone with Brookdale Northampton so far! It is a nice looking, well kept, clean facility, and the staff have all been very pleasant and very responsive! They've been a real pleasure to work with, and they are taking great care of my loved one!

The staff at Broodale Norhtampton has been very helping and supportive with helping our family place our Mom in an apartment.

Michaele couldn't have been nicer and went out of her way to comfort me and my sister. She spoke to us on her days off, sent us email to keep us posted on the process and paperwork. She made this difficult dissension and transition easier on us and my Mom.

Thanks you for being a great quality facility with wonderful staff.

Everything seems to be going pretty good so far.

Everything seems to be going pretty good so far. The people are nice, and she seems happy there. It's clean, and we don't get complaints about the food. They are responsive, and caring. We are pretty happy with them.

place is very nice pricing ...

place is very nice pricing was good a little far from home ,did not feel staffing was adequite

Ok. For some reason I just...

Ok. For some reason I just did't like the smell of the place. Did't smell bad I just dint like it. Also did not like that prices were unavailable during the tour had to contact sales.

Considerate

It was a nice place. They are very helpful and very friendly but they also tend to be disorganized in terms of getting through paperwork, or getting through to the right person. Getting an appointment made with a nurse is very difficult. There's one nurse for the whole place so she is over burdened. Once we did get in touch, they were very friendly. They were very considerate of our situation.

Liked it very much. Very c...

Liked it very much. Very clean and bright. Room was a little small. Close location is a big plus.

Nice place, Dad likes it

The rooms here are very nice, they are a good size and the place has a very modern feeling layout. It's a nice looking, clean facility, and the staff are very friendly. Dad really enjoys the food. They always appear to have a good amount of activity at the community, although Dad doesn't participate much.

A wonderful place!

My husband and sister-in-law fell in love with this place when they toured it. We had a few additional places we were scheduled to go, but they didn't feel the need to look any further. The staff are all very friendly, and it's a nice clean community. They provide a wonderful array of activities, and my mother-in-law has really started to get involved and participate in many of them. And she absolutely loves the food. She said it is so good and they give you so much she worries she may be overweight soon!

We felt that they were nice, they hav...

We felt that they were nice, they have a dementia unit in the basement basically so it wasn't very appealing as a place mother would live every day. It was clean, I think the company that runs it runs a tight ship, it wasn't a bad place, the Solana just fit our needs better.

Lack of follow-through

Anywhere you go there's always growing pains but I feel like there's too many cooks in the kitchen and everyone thinks someone else is going to take care of things. I know it's assisted lviing and they want your loved ones to be somewhat independent but I feel like if the family doesn't speak up nothing happens. Everyone that I've talked to has been very friendly and helpful but they aren't really doing anything. I feel like they take wonderful care of my loved one when they do care for them and that's where I'm struggling. It's a good environment, they're happy with the food there, they like everybody and everybody's pleasant with him, its more an issue with follow through and its all talk; they say things and it never happens. It's frustrating!

Best Value

(Value Not Rated) We haven't really had any issues with this community. Everything seems to get going great. The reason we chose them is because it made the most sense financially. They really offer the best value for the services they are offering.

Visited Saturday May 7th @ 1:15pm wit...

Visited Saturday May 7th @ 1:15pm with the director. OK place, too many residents over 100, confusing with alot of hallways.

Looks like a good option.

Looks like a good option.

Wynwood is an assistive senior living residence that is purposefully designed to meet the needs of the seniors in a comfortable, home-like environment. Wynwood features a “neighborhood” concept, with five small neighborhoods of resident rooms clustered around dining and living rooms. Daily life enrichment programs enhance self-esteem and maximize dignity and quality of life. In this warm, intimate environment, our 24-hour staff meets each resident’s needs. Services offered at Wynwood include assistance with personal care, three meals and snacks each day, laundry, housekeeping, medication assistance and life enrichment programs.

Special Features
- Intimate setting provides access for individuals with limited mobility
- Emergency response system in each resident’s room
- Outdoor amenities include patios, raised gardening beds, and walking paths
- Furnishings, window and wall treatments are carefully selected