Elmcroft of Downriver - Brownstown, MI

It is a very nice facility and everyone was very friendly and helpful. After speaking with [name removed], we found that mom may need a higher level of care, which costs more.

Elmcroft is a very nice assisted living facility. It was very clean and all on one level. Everyone was very pleasant.

Peace of Mind for Dad

Moved my dad here three months ago. Best decision we made. First other places say "assisted living" but a third party is responsible. This place is licensed by the state and even has electronic charting to hold them accountable! From the assessment at the rehab he was at to the day of move in the marketing girls and nursing made it such a smooth transition. My dad has dementia and is confused, we were worried he wouldn't adjust. The memory care team, especially [Removed] the leader there stayed with him, learned about his life and used that to help him transition. A training all staff go through. He loves the food, activities and the staff have become family. There is no hidden costs - it's a daily rate you get upon assessment that includes everything from care to laundry. We had a care conference the first month and no surprises as they were communicating his care throughout. Any concerns we have had were address directly with the nurse [Removed] the ED and dealt with immediately. The benefit of having the staff report directly. Overall we made the right choice and I couldn't be happier.

Megan Strothman

Thank oyu for your kind words, Jason! We are so glad to hear your dad is settling in nicely. We know how hard this transition can be, so we try to make it as smooth as possible. Thank you for sharing your positive experience.

Visited this location on 7/8/2017. [Removed] was not available but I did receive a very warm welcome and a tour from knowledgeable [Removed]. Facility has everything that dad would need and feel he would be the most comfortable here, however, it would depend if they have a double room available to keep the cost as low as possible. Will follow-up with Kim tomorrow Monday the 10th. I am sick with laryngitis that is full blown today and came on very suddenly but will attempt a call to [Removed] in the afternoon after PT unless I am too sick to go to PT. Close to Mom's living situation and lovely.

Megan Strothman

Thank you for your feedback! We are glad you enjoyed your tour and had a positive experience with us.

The exterior was fairly ordinary but a very nice interior. Staff was very friendly and [Removed] was full of information. The facility and staff seem geared toward those residents who are more in line with my Mom's needs. There is very friendly, caring environment. It is definitely on my list.

Megan Strothman

Thank you for your feedback! We are glad to hear you had a pleasant experience with us.

Mom is so happy!

Moved mom in after dad passed 3 months ago. From tour to move in they have made the transition so easy. We were on a wait list, which was refundable, but got the room we wanted in 4 weeks. My siblings and I were so worried she would be confused. But when we visit she is so excited to show us her hair that was done at the salon, telling us that she went to lunch with friends and got to see a "good looking singer." All of our worries were addressed and staff attended to any concerns we had promptly. The staff truly care and that was #1 on our list. We visited 3 other places downriver and hands down this was the best. It's worth checking out to see all they have to offer. We even went there on the wait list for lunch and an ice cream social.

Megan Strothman

Thank you for your positive review! We are so glad to hear that your experiences have been pleasant. We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience and we want to let you know that we love having your mom here.

It's the little things....

Thank you Elmcroft staff, for helping a few dear friends of mine enjoy their golden yrs. The smallest things meant so much to all of us, especially nearing the end of their journey!!
I highly recommend Elmcroft Senior Living!

Megan Strothman

Thank you for the kind words! We work very hard to create the best environment possible for our residents!

So far, so good...

My father is doing okay since his move. The staff is doing everything they can to keep him comfortable and safe. The facility is clean and well maintained.

Megan Strothman

Thank you for the kind review! There is no greater honor than to be trusted with a very special member of your family.

Elmcroft was our best option.

Secured entry/exit, friendly and attentive staff who get to know each resident, and attention to cleanliness and detail are just some of the reasons we selected Elmcroft for mom. We also liked the packaged pricing model.

Megan Strothman

Thanks for the compliment! We are glad that you chose to share your experience.

TLC Care

We toured this community for care for the family. The staff was nice and friendly and we liked the cleanliness of the community. They had a good dining are. We did like see that the community was very clean and the residents seem to be active. We would recommend families tour this community for the care of a family member

Pleasant and clean place

Best Assisted Living around, next door was like an over priced nursing home. Signed up for my mother to move in.

Best of the area

This is a nice facility and best thus far for my dad. He is comfortable and safe. He eats all his food and has plenty of care and space.

Megan Strothman

Thank you for your positive review! We are so glad to hear that your experiences have been pleasant. We love having your loved one here.

Good Tour, But too Expensive

I toured this community for my mother and her needs. The tour went well, and this is a nice place. The staff was kind and friendly to my family and I. The community from what I saw looked nice. and appeared to be well maintained. It was a nice experience, but their prices were way too expensive.

Wonderful facility

Moved my mother from [Removed] thank goodness, ran by skilled staff and food is amazing

Best place in the world.

Had a good meeting. My brother will schedule a time to meet at his leisure. Not in any hurry to sign parents up but this would be our first choice if the time comes.
Thanks for your help.

Happy family

New place,nicest downriver. Nurse on staff

Beautiful,Nice place

Very nice place, moved my loved one from next door, very satisfied, they have Activities.good food

She Loves The Food

I know my mother is in good hands here at this community. They are taking good care of her and her needs. The community looks wonderful, they do a very good job with the cleanliness. The staff is good, they are caring for her well. There are activities offered. She loves the food. They are providing her with great care. I would recommend this community.

Very nice Building and staff

Very beautiful facility, I will be moving my loved one out from building next door, the staff seem very friendly and well trained. I will be pleased to have experienced staff for once, that know what their doing. food looks very appealing, rooms very neat,unlike were my loved one currently resides rooms were not clean and food was horrable, Management very kind.

Memory Care - That truly cares!

Elmcroft knows what they are talking about! After touring several communities with "Memory care" Elmcroft was the only ones that discussed what was most important to me in finding the right place for my mother. They were very specific with her needs and made me feel so comfortable about a very uncomfortable situation. Once we moved in the staff welcomed mom and helped her adapt to the environment by giving her an ambassador to show her around. Each manager made an effort to visit with her and because we filled out a history and profile, they acted like they have known her for years. So far it exceeds my expectations and I am so glad I came here! I say hands down Elmcroft is the only true memory care downriver!

Beautiful facility. Very friendly staff.

Friendly

The staff and the residents all seemed to be in positive moods from what I saw. Residents have several activities to choose from and i like it.

The biggest issue is meals,

We are pretty happy with them so far. The staff is friendly, and it's pretty clean. The biggest issue is meals, the food isn't the greatest, and there isn't a lot of assistance during meal times. The billing has been pretty smooth, and there haven't been any hidden fees.

Impressed with cleanliness

My father did not participate in any activities. I was real impressed with the cleanliness of the facility.

Very nice place!

We're very pleased with how things have turned out at Elmcroft of Downriver! The staff here does a great job looking after the residents. They've very attentive, and they really know each of their residents well! The facility has a nice bright happy feeling atmosphere, and I really liked the setup for the individual apartments. It's a very nice place, overall!

I thought they had a very nice memory unit.

I was told that they had a beautiful Atrium, an enclosed courtyard for people to walk around. But it was kept locked, and not very well landscaped. It wasn't very accessible or inviting. I thought they had a very nice memory unit. All of the rooms were shared, in the assisted living section. I also felt that all the assisted living rooms were very dark.

We are very disappointed in Elmcroft, there is not enough staff members to help with our loved ones. They are not very friendly and act like your bothering them when you have a question. Showers are not given when they are supposed to, our loved one always looks like they just woke up, the same clothes have been on for days . Seems like everyone is just sitting in their rooms with their door open, without having nothing to do. Also way to expensive !!

Memory care unit is very dark and depressing. Also, it had a strong urine ordor. Assisted living section is nice but rooms are very small and dark with no window in living area.

Very nice place!

We're very pleased with Elmcroft of Downriver, they're doing an excellent job! Every member of the staff, from the director down to the cleaning staff, are friendly and helpful and make every effort to assist the residents however they can! The facility itself is well kept and clean, and they have a lot to offer the people who live here!

Needs more staff

I think they could improve on having more staff because they might be more attentive to their residents. In regards to the memory care facility (heartland village), they have 20 residents with 4 staff members. We have found pills on the ground, my father's clothes with other people and vice versa. You pay a lot, but you aren't getting the services you should be getting, despite it being a beautiful looking facility. They could also have more activities...just looks like they sit people at a table or in front of a television. I know it might be difficult for some patients to do activities, but there are some patients that could use some cognitive activity. They are friendly though, and have accommodated us with everything we've addressed.

extremely friendly

The staff at Elmcroft of Downriver is extremely friendly and accomidating. They make you feel welcome, and they treat the residents with the utmost respect. The food is also very good.

I have been slightly disappointed in the activities and do wish that they had more.

My only real complaint though is that if you need something real quick it is hard to get it. When you push the button for help it always takes at least a few minutes before they respond.

Very Disappointed in Elmcroft of Brownstown

Highly disappointed in the director and the management. The care of our loved one is not given top priority and they take away from the resident staff to do kitchen work and various tasks where time and assistance should be given to the residents. The resident assistants are not properly trained. They do not know how to handle Alzheimer/ dementia patients. They schedule activities and the residents show up to participate, but the activity person does not show up to lead the activity. Therefore, the residents have nothing to do. The food service is the same thing over and over again. No variety. They have a menu, but the menu is not followed. They serve types of food that should not be served to an older person.

We are very pleased.

We are very pleased. The staff is friendly and the house is clean. The food is good, and they are able to accommodate her special diet. Anything we ask for help with, they are quick, and happy to do it, and they didn't even charge us. It's a great fit for my loved one.

They are doing very good so far.

They are doing very good so far. It's clean, the staff are friendly. They take good care of the residents, there. I don't have any complaints so far. We are happy with them. It seems to be working out well.

Looked very nice!

We toured this community when we were looking into care options for our loved one. This was a very nice looking community! The facility itself was beautiful, and the staff we met were all very friendly and professional! Unfortunately this was outside of the price range that we were looking in, but they are definitely worth a look!

Very relaxing and friendly .

Very relaxing and friendly .

Sad situation!

When we first moved my mother there she and we were very happy. When Elmcroft took over, things went downhill. The management no longer cared and their attitude showed they didn't care. The RAs loved my mom, but soon her care took a turn where everyone blamed the other person for things not getting done. The fees increased over $1000.00 a month in 3 years for the lowest level of care. Very sad situation. Understaffed and low morale.

They are doing a great job.

They are doing a great job. It's very clean, and the staff is very friendly. They have something going on everyday. The food is good, they are responsive and attentive. The only thing is, I think their prices are a little high. I am not real thrilled with how the insurance is handled, I have to pay and then get reimbursed. It really caught me off guard, I thought they would deal directly with the insurance company.

Very nice facility. Friend...

Very nice facility. Friendly, clean.

Very nice, very accommodati...

Very nice, very accommodating. Kim spent a lot of time talking directly to D to engage her. Lots of activities every day. More professional feeling in its setup. D's concerns that it might be too 'uptown' compared to Bellaire. Dining room options seemed much better. A lot more residents were out in the facility, but it was also lunchtime when we were there. Like the idea of the respite care as a trial run if so desired.

Liked this place. I really ...

Liked this place. I really liked the studio room, but no rooms are available at this time.

This is a really nice facil...

This is a really nice facility with great caregivers and seemingly happy residents, but they don't allow residents to cook for themselves.

Remove stress, make Mom happy

I had to put Mom in an assisted living situation because I could not take care of her a my home. After reviewing many homes I was convinced that Elmcroft had the most helpful and caring staff of all the facilities I reviewed. The price is in line with the market as a medium cost facility. The food service has excellent food and servings and as Mom says " great desserts". So far so good.

Chosen for care services, but they have a consistency problem

I chose Elmcroft for the services they offer but my expereince has been rocky. A lot of things we are paying for they haven't come through on. There is a consistency problem, liners missing from trash cans or not having any diapers. The people there are good and working with us. We hope these inconsistencies are soon fixed but for follow through on services we pay for I'd give them a 3.

I visited Elmcroft for a Church frie...

I visited Elmcroft for a Church friend whose daughter lives and works out of state and unable to get to Mi. very often. I was overwhelm how beautiful and clean and roomy the rooms were. I told my husband when I got home from the tour that we should sign up for when we need assistance this would be the place to be.

Elmcroft of Downriver, offers a special combination of daily living, personalized supportive services, and interactive activities. Since 1995, when our first community opened, we have offered a full range of personalized assistance with daily living services to seniors. We focus on wellness and keeping our residents as independent as long as possible with a tailored plan of assistance to meet their needs. Our ergonomically designed community houses a variety of apartment floor plans to accommodate the personal needs and habits of both our frail and our more active residents. Our residents call Elmcroft their home, and we love to nurture them through our holistic approach of caring for all resident needs - physical, emotional, social, and intellectual. Our residents enjoy Elmcroft for the clean, spacious apartments, affordability, social activities, and the safe secure residential environment. Come see why so many seniors call Elmcroft of Downriver home.