The Atrium at Veronica Drive - Danvers, MA

I am impressed with the staff

The staff at this community have been nothing but supportive and patient. They have been great with dad's care and helping with his medication. We have good communication with them and they keep him active. The community is clean and they check on dad's room often throughout the day. They have been good with accommodating his special diet. I would recommend this community for residents with Dementia.

Professional and kind

I found the director, JR, and his associate staff members to be very professional and easy to communicate with. The aides for the most part were good and caring with my mother. The only issue that was very difficult for my mother was that many of the aides have a heavy accent and she found it difficult to understand what they were saying. When they knew she was having a tough time trying to figure out what they said to her, many of them would slow down and try to speak more clearly. For the elderly, this is normal.

Benchmark Customer Engagement Team

Thank you for sharing your feedback as your opinion is very important to us. Please reach out if there is ever anything we can help with.

Excellent care

The staff here is so friendly and caring. They are really great about communicating with the Family. The facility is bright, spacious and clean and it is inviting when you walk in. The level of care here for those who need care is excellent.

Benchmark Customer Engagement Team

Thank you so much for sharing! Please call us any time if there is ever anything we can do.

The staff has been very good..

The staff has been a very good at reaching out. They sent me photos of my mom. They always update me on her well being. I'm very happy with how things are going. Everyone has been very friendly and accommodating. They do a good job on taking care of my mother. The care services are excellent. I'm very pleased with The Atrium at Veronica Drive. It's been a really good experience. I'm glad my mother is comfortable.

Benchmark Customer Engagement Team

Thank you for sharing your thoughts! We take enormous pride in taking care of seniors throughout the aging experience. Please contact us at [removed] if we can ever be of service to you and your family.

Things seem to be going pretty well, so far.

Things seem to be going pretty well, so far. They are clean, and the staff is friendly. I don't really have any concerns so far. They have been pretty patient and understanding.

Benchmark Customer Engagement Team

Thank you for sharing. We love what we do and are extremely proud of our team. Individualized care is one of our hallmarks as we strive to meet the distinct needs of each resident.

above and beyond! phenomenal!

The Atrium at Veronica Drive is simply amazing! After checking out other places, I knew this was the place. I did a lot of research and went with my heart, and it has been a wonderful experience. There is plenty of staff, and they take great care of the residents, have plenty of activities all day long, the food is amazing, everything is just above and beyond awesome! The care dad is getting is phenomenal. I would highly recommend them.

Benchmark Customer Engagement Team

Your words mean everything to us! Thank you so much for sharing. Caring for seniors is not just our purpose, it's our passion. Please let us know ([removed]) if there is anything we can ever do for you and your family.

great and friendly environment

wonderful, warm and friendly facility for my brother to live. The staff have gone the extra mile for him.

I am very pleased with The Atrium! We...

I am very pleased with The Atrium! We've had to hire some extra caregivers to be with my loved one and provide extra services, but they are doing a good job. I think that they might not have enough help here. However, they do take them all the way through hospice, which is very nice, so they don't have to move again. They may just be understaffed a bit. However, it's a wonderful place! It's very clean and the people are wonderful. Even the residents are great and friendly! Our old friend, who is now a minister, has even said that this is one of the best places he's been to! It's very welll run, aside from the understaffing, and they are doing a good job.

Small Group Activities

My mother is doing well. We took her off some of her meds, and she is doing even better than before. That probably wouldn't have happened if we wouldn't have moved her. I think that she is getting much better care than she was at her previous assisted living, and this community is very well suited for her. They do a lot of very small group activities, which really get all of the residents involved.

Need more follow through

I think they're all very expensive, but I guess comparatively it's good. I like the openness of it, the floor plan is open which is nice, I think they could improve with their follow through on certain things, they try to be very diplomativ with you and they try to approach it in a very positive way, but I don't always feel that their follow through is 100% accurate. Some of it is "tell them what they want to hear" in a way and then the follow through may not be what they said. The reason we chose this one was basically proximity and price and also because it was specifically for people with dementia and Alzheimers and that was one of the biggest things for us.
It seems more inbetween a nursing home and an assisted living without the actual nursing care that they have in a nursing home. You walk straight into the room which is an open shared living space and it's shared with a lot of people who are much more worse off than my aunt is. They have two wings and I think one wing has people who are more on her level and I wish they would mix more because she says that she wishes she had a female companion that she could talk to.

The Atrium at Veronica Drive is an assisted living residence designed exclusively to serving the needs of individuals with memory loss. Our goal, in everything we do, is to create an environment that feels safe and familiar, empowering and fulfilling.
Each detail of our unique, single story residence is the result of our efforts to create an environment that helps residents maintain their independence and continue to lead safe and rewarding lives. "Neighborhoods" create home-like social groupings and encourage interaction and activity participation, while indoor space is arranged to facilitate easy maneuvering and cue action through visual orientation.

The Harbor helps people with Alzheimer's and other memory impairments stay active and engaged, supported by a caring staff, specialized programs, and a neighborhood designed just for them.

The unique design of the Harbor neighborhood helps to promote independence, with comfortable lighting, and cues to help residents find their way.