Brightview Danvers - Danvers, MA

Very friendly staff tour was well planed right when you walked in door way it felt like a 5 star hotel exceptional clean and mom was impressed.

Wonderful Home for Loved Ones

My mom was in Brightview for 8 years before she recently passed away. She was lucky to be able to be there till the end.
I live on the West coast and visited mom every 5-6 weeks so I consider Brightview my other family. The entire staff from office to care to housekeeping to dining room were always friendly and helpful.
Brightview has so much to offer by way of social activities that can keep you busy should you choose!
The food is very good with an extensive menu to pick from.
If you are thinking of a Senior/Assisted living facility for a loved one, you can't find a better one.

Brightview Senior Living

Hi Elizabeth. Please accept our sincere condolences on your mother's passing. We were so fortunate to have her living with us. And, your right, we hear about the strong bonds that form between residents, families and associates - the 'family-like atmosphere.' Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments and positive review. It will help others to make an informed decision.

Care and comfort

I toured this community for the care for my mom We were happy that the staff was caring and friendly. We liked the option on the menu and the activities for her that would have been offered if she moved into the community. I did not like some of the atmospheres and I do not think that my mom would have been comfortable not being able to get around the community. The command has a lot of offer and we would recommend this community for families to tour for the care of a loved one.

Brightview Senior Living

Hi and thank you for sharing your feedback and positive review about your visit to Brightview Danvers. Providing excellent service is a Brightview hallmark. And there are always a number of homemade foods to choose from on our menus. Residents tell us our food is exceptional. They also tell us how much they love the programming at the community. Good luck with your search!

We moved my Dad there almost 2 years ago. It has been a very positive experience! There are many activities to keep you busy!! The food is great and the place is clean!!

This was a great choice for Mom

This has been a great choice for my mother she is doing very well and they have gone out of their way to make her transition here go smoothly. She did have a couple of health issues but those have been addressed and now she's beginning to interact with the other residents and enjoying herself.
She is also raving about the food and I even think the food is fabulous. There are a nice courtyard and garden area with rocking chairs as well as long hallway/sitting area completely enclosed with glass where they can sit and read, visit with one another. They even have a pub with happy hour.
We are more than pleased with the change we are seeing in my mother since she has moved here.

Brightview Senior Living

Hello and thank for taking the time to share your comments and positive review! We agree, our food is delicious. Residents also love all of the options each day. Happy hour is a resident favorite as well. Who doesn't want to end the day with a drink with friends. We are thrilled to hear Mom is thriving since her move.

This was a nice tour for me to see for the care for my mom and dad. The staff was nice, but there were not enough staff to be able to take care of everyone. I did get my questions answered. I was informed of the activities that were offered. I would recommend for families to see this community for the care of a loved one.

Very Nice Tour, Good Community

We had a great tour of this community. Everything went very well, and they were very kind to my family and I. It is a beautiful community, everything looked great. This community was one of our top picks. Unfortunately they did not have any availability at the time. It was a good experience, and this is a very nice community.

Brightview Senior Living

Hi and thank you for leaving your positive review and feedback about your visit. Brightview Danvers is a popular choice for seniors and their families in the area. We hope you found another option since we did not have availability at the time.

Welcoming Community

My friend seems to be adjusting well with the move, this has been a transitional period for all of us. The community is nice and very well maintained. The staff is great they do a great job with welcoming you into the community. Food is excellent everybody loves the food. It is a good place and they really make the community feel like a family.

Moving there soon

I am moving in there soon. From what I have seen, everything is wonderful.

BUYER BE WARE

BUYER BE WARE...my dad moved in nearly 15 months ago and it has been an ongoing fight over substantial fee increase. Literally since the day my dad moved in management has been trying to raises care level. Each level is currently billed at $ 650 per month. They under assessed him to attract him to move in and then the pressure started.

Their sales tactics are like time share tactics, The level of care, the food and the facilities are fine, but their business practices border on exploitation

Very Accommodating

My parents are there and we have gotten them to stay longer than they originally planned. They are very accommodating. My parents had some issues with the food preparation, but they talked to them and the staff found some options for them.

Positive visit today. Cozy layout. Nice staff. People seemed friendly. Our tour was at 4:30 so we saw the older crowd eating dinner - go back at 6:30 for another visit? Looked at 1 BR for $4850. Not sure about location - near strip malls, nowhere to walk. A key consideration, too - the Roos were really small. We were shown a 1BR with den even though we would rent a 1BR...& a studio. Tiny.

Great place at Brightviwe

Although somewhat costly for my Mom's three room independent living unit on the first floor of BrightView, it has been a great transition. THe activity calendar every day is huge. It is passed out everywhere and it is in large font. It is posted on a flipchart in the mail room as well. My mom loves her chair exercise classes every morning. The instructor is a cracker jack and knows everyone's names. The chorus group/choir is another activity mom enjoys. There is live entertainment every Friday in the lounge and all tenants sing. She enjoys playing cards and BINGO every night at Happy Hour in the lounge. The transportation van takes her to church every Sunday, and makes several trips to local stores and will bring tenants to local dr. appointments. The venue at Brightview is wonderful. The theatre seats 100! Movies are offered nightly. The front desk staff is friendly and compassionate. They have it set up if you need to move from Independent to Assisted Living, all the common areas remain the same, except for the breakfast and dining room area. It makes a transition seamless, I would think, although mom has not needed to move to that wing as of yet. All and all, super move for my 80 year old Mom. Would highly recommend Brightview.

Wonderful

We are very pleased that our father is at Brightview Danvers. Thank you to
Candice, Adam and all of the staff for enabling us to have our father close to all of us and to know that he is amongst the best or ideas of assisted living.

A friend of mine came to visit and commented a number of times at how beautiful the facilities were, as she said better than many hotels that she has stayed in, but what impressed her the most was the very large number of staff that was present on a Sunday!

We know that the staff is very engaged with our father on a daily basis. They enjoy him and his personality and are able to anticipate his needs and respect his abilities.

Recently, we had a lunch together over the holidays and they arranged for us to have lunch in the Hawthorne Room, which was a private dining room. It enabled us to visit together and the room was just like home. The meal was delicious as always.

BrightView Danvers is the Real Deal

BrightView Assisted Living in Danvers is the real deal. You would be hard pressed to find a more professional, compassionate, and collaborative team to greet, assist, support, and watch over yourself or your family members. This starts with the leadership team of Candace, Adam, and Stephanie and the professionals they lead and manage.
When our 92 year old father moved into the complex he was shown the courtesy, friendship and overall support anyone would need moving into a new community. Candace’s team guided all of us, my father, my sister, and myself into the world of assisted living where residents are respected and offered the opportunity to stay as young and active as they think they can be – and to do it in a way that puts their safety and dignity as a top priority. This is part of the organizational DNA at Brightview and makes it an incredibly positive environment.
For us, this is critical as both my sister and I are working professionals. She lives hours away and my work requires travel. When we began looking for assisted living Dad was in Florida and constantly battling pneumonia, extensive stays in rehab and a diminished life style. Our concern was good supportive care, access to great hospital and medical care and most of all a community that believed in their members living life to their fullest. We got lucky.
Here is how lucky we are.
On Thanksgiving evening I brought my father back to the facility and we happened to meet up with the aide Dad has and the nurse. The first thing they did was find out how it went and then the aide noticed Dad was flushed. They said they would take him to his room and I left.
10 minutes later I got a call from the nurse on duty informing me that Dad had a 100.3 temp and they thought it might be worth having it checked out at one of the 3 ER’s in the area (Beverly Hospital, Lahey North, and Mass General, Salem). I agreed immediately with the suggestion, as this has been an indication that the pneumonia is back. By the time I got back to BrightView the ambulance arrived, Dad was taken to Beverly Hospital (part of the Lahey Group) where he was seen immediately. Within hours he was admitted and treatment began. He was released three days later and went to rehab for another condition that was identified while in the hospital. At all times the BrightView medical team was in the loop and was a great assist to me as I had clients out of state.
Compare this to his treatment in Leesburg Florida where he could wait up to three days on a gurney in the ER and then spend up to 3 months in Rehab.

What was the difference? The BrightView Danver’s team, under Candace, were on the ball. Even though he had been their only three weeks, they had taken the time to get to know my father. They knew he had been having recurring bouts of pneumonia in Florida and they made sure that if it reappeared on their watch, they we get on it.

Why did I choose BrightView Danvers over the 4 other top tier facilities? In my visits, I saw:
Professionals who listened to me describe my father’s goals for as much independence as he wanted.

Professionals whose experience helped me understand they were committed to providing ways for 90+ year olds to be independent in ways that kept them healthy and safe

A clean, orderly, quiet, pleasant, and convivial physical environment where activities ranged from daily exercises, a movie theater showing first class current and classic movies, trips, access to malls, shopping.

And pleasant, happy, professional staff, who knew each other and the patients by name.

Nice place overall, the food could use some work

Overall things have gone well with Brightview Danvers, Mom seems to be enjoying herself here. It's a nice looking facility, and the staff all seem friendly and helpful. There are a few things I'd like to see them improve on, however. The food could use a lot of work, it really is not up to par. There isn't much variety, sometimes it does not come out hot, and just the quality in general needs work. I also felt like they could have been clearer during the sales process, I think they promised a bit more than they actually provide.

I am so disappointed with the care le...

I am so disappointed with the care level (changed several times, more money, not more care, in time spent here). Dirty, laundry thrown around to the point I am not sure what is clean or not. 7800.00 as we left, the room my father was in was so dirty, I would not visit him in there in the end. I used to clean it myself, as did my daughter. We had to stop as it upset him to have me working instead of visiting. Uncaring, unclean, unhealthy. Rude staff, including the nurse who never leaves her office. Management, wake up..this is no way to run a business, let alone care for people who need you!

Dont be fooled...this place is not what it seems!

Not at all what they seem...uninterested management, a nurse who never leaves her office, to aids who do as little as possible. Dirty, disinterested and unhappy employees do not make a pleasant place for anyone. When I say dirty, I am talking unhealthy conditions in my Fathers room. When I asked for better care, I am told he does not want them to come in...just not true!! Ask again, they raise the monthly rate by 600.00. I complained that it did not change anything, they raised him another 600.00. This is a real experience, unlike some of the other suspicious reviews I read. I took my time to write this to 1) keep you from making a huge mistake and 2) to get this place to try harder. Coffee clutch management is hurting real people. Only positive is the dining room area, clean and respectful staff. My father is doing so so much better after we left here...by the way, the third complaint about the cleanliness and care, we were asked to move him to their wellspring or find somewhere else. He does not have alzheimers.

Friendly staff, and great activities

We've had a great experience with Brightview Danvers overall! The facility itself is attractive, well kept, and clean, and the staff have all been very friendly! They were very helpful during the move-in and transition process. We did have a little difficulty getting a specific move-in date pinned down, which made planning things frustrating, however. Mom really likes that the community is a mix of independent and assisted living, as it means they've got a much wider variety of activities than assisted living alone would. They also have an excellent transportation service!

Not Good Enough for my Grams!

I went to Brightview a few times to eat with my grandma and the food was actually not horrible. The horrible part of this place is how they took care of her. She is aging quite gracefully but needs assistance in keeping her place clean and also her clothes and bed.
It is easy to assume that for the $8000 they charge and the title “Assisted Living” that they would do this. They repeatedly miss cleaning days and say “She didn’t want them in here” which is baloney. They are always trying to pull a fast one over and then once you confront them, they CHARGE MORE!

I see these other reviews and I have to agree… Do not put a loved one here. Its also difficult to always get her to the doctors because Brightview does not have any in-home care options AT ALL. This place seemed pretty nice and the foods pretty good, but once you go deeper into the facility, its a nightmare.

Not For Me

Brightview is over-priced. They do minimal work for maximum dollar. I was very disappointed with this facility and would not recommend living here.

Count this place out.

I would not send anyone you love here. Just horrible staff and horrible conditions. Don't be fooled by the pretty theater - I have seen about 2 people in there in 2 years. Most of the "Inmates" are holed up in their dirty rooms. I mean filthy, unsanitary rooms. The residents there often have to be rushed off to the hospital for bacterial infections.

Unclean, Unfriendly, Expensive

I would give negative stars if I could. The experience of having a family member in this facility has been nothing but negative and aggravating. They fool you into thinking they can take care of your family members but when push comes to shove, they wont. The administrative staff is aggressive, unhelpful and downright difficult to deal with.

They do not take good care of the rooms. There is moldy food on the desk and soiled sheets for days. One time they covered up stains on the bed with a blanket. When asked about why the room is so unclean they had a "Not our job" mentality and hostile towards us. He even had to go to the hospital with a bacterial infection - there for quite some time.

[Removed] (employee of BrightView) said that it is "Unsafe" for my loved one to stay there and I agree - Brightview is killing him with neglect and in my opinion, they are a hair short (If that) of elder abuse.

She is happy there.

We are pleased with the community. They keep it clean and the staff is very friendly. They are about the same price as everyone else for what they offer. I think the pricing is fair. They are quick to respond if there are any needs or concerns. They have a good variety of activities. She is happy there.

Mom moves kicking and fighting and now loves it!

The move to Brightview was smooth and the transition is going well. Great staff, very welcoming to Mom. She's been there a week and seems happier than I've seen her in a long time. Especially since she wanted no part in living in a Senior Community prior to moving in. Good food, attentive staff and friendly residents.

Mom liked this place very m...

Mom liked this place very much. Adam was a terrific tour guide, very patient, and answered all of our questions. When Mom is ready to make a move, this will be high on her list of considerations. Thank you!

Brightview danvers mass

My review is based on experiences we as a family are having since my mom has moved in. My mom is very happy with brightview and has made many friends. it is clean and has lots of activities to keep her happy and busy. The downfall are the people who run the facility, along with some of the care takers. There main goal revolves around money and they make it very difficult for you to understand their system, so my mom has had to pay for services she actually does not receive. We have had many meeting to try to understand their way of charging for certain services and their explanation does not make sense. And we have witnessed bad care given by the providers in the hallways to other residents. I think these are the things that families need to be made aware of also in choosing an assisted living facility. If my mom did not have her family as her advocate, I would be worried that they would take as much money from her as possible. I know other residents do not have family members to advocate for them and I think that is horrible.If it were up to me I would move mom out but she has made wonderful friends and has become close to them, so I continue to fight for her needs and her finances.

Very happy with this place, despite the short stay

This is a very nice community, it was clean and the staff were friendly. Unfortunately, due to no fault of theirs, Mom suffered a fall and had to be moved into rehab. They were very accommodating when it came to helping us out during that ordeal, they helped us getting her things into storage, etc. We were very pleased with this place, and it's too bad Mom wasn't able to stay longer.

Toured this location, but did not select it

I looked at this community while looking for options for my mother. Everything looked fine, however I ended up choosing another location that was more convenient, and provided similar quality for a better price.

They've been great so far

Dad has been really happy here so far! It's a very nice facility, and very clean. The staff we've spoken to have all been nice. They appear to have a good variety of activities available, although Dad is not the sort to participate in many of them. The only issues we've run into have been some scheduling problems with transportation.

We Love Brightview!

My mother-in-law has been there a while and she loves it! I even thought about moving there myself! We like the amenities, the staff, everything! They have a cleaning service, meals, and transportation. The meals are superb.

Brightview is amazing! Cami...

Brightview is amazing! Camille was wonderful and I love everything about the facility.It's beautifully decorated, impeccably clean and has a lot of amenities.I was able to see one of the apartments and it was very spacious and well maintained. Camille was kind enough to give me brochures for both myself and my Mom. All in all it was a wonderful tour.

Very Pleased

A lot of the decision when choosing this community had to do with A Place for Moms' referral. My father had also looked at it a few years back and he had liked it then. The staff is really friendly and the community is very clean. Everything seems to be going very good and we are very happy with Brightview and would recommend them to anyone.

Has full kitchen and laundr...

Has full kitchen and laundry in each apartment,looks like everything she wants

3200to 3,500 wait list $500,activitie...

3200to 3,500 wait list $500,activities now, 2meals,laundry,vans,near Liberty Tree

Facilities are clean, very nicely app...

Facilities are clean, very nicely appointed and director was hospitable and very concerned.

Independent 2 bedroom apt. 2 meals ...

Independent 2 bedroom apt. 2 meals a day (breakfast & dinner) weekly housekeeping/linen You do personal laundry Wellspring Day program $42 per day

We really liked Brightview and it is ...

We really liked Brightview and it is very high on the list.

Located in the North Shore/Cape Ann area of Massachusetts, Brightview Danvers brings the best in senior living options all together in one vibrant community. The only rental retirement community in the area, our campus features Independent Living and Assisted Living residences as well as the award-winning Wellspring Village for individuals with Alzheimer’s or memory limitations.

One of the newest communities in historic Danvers, Brightview offers the perfect combination of comfort, convenience and value — close to shopping, medical offices, entertainment, and even the beaches of Marblehead. Brightview even has an affiliation with neighboring Mass General/North Shore Center for Outpatient Care.

Independent living at Brightview features one and two-bedroom apartment options, each with a full kitchen and washer/dryer. But you only have to cook if you love to! Services and amenities covered by the monthly rental fee include chef-prepared meals, 24-hour concierge, housekeeping, scheduled transportation, on-site banking, fitness center, and the ever-popular pub! With everything to enjoy and no large entrance fee, it’s an unmatched value for your dollar.

Assisted Living at Brightview as well as the Alzheimer’s Care neighborhood known as Wellspring Village is unparalleled. Tender, respectful assistance and services are delivered in an atmosphere of acceptance and upbeat spirit. And, the same “feels-like-home” upscale residential setting. Having all options under one roof makes it easy to accommodate couples who need different levels of care – only at Brightview Danvers, the senior living community that has it all.

Brightview Danvers serves Peabody, Salem, Danvers, Marblehead, Beverly and the surrounding area.