Landmark @ Ocean View - Beverly, MA

We were pleasantly surprised. The building is older but the interior is light, airy and well maintained. [Removed] was very personable. He never rushed us through, answered all of our questions and concerns and introduced us to staff and residents.

Overall, good place to stay.

Had a family member stay at Oceanview for a while. Most of the aides were very responsive, kind and helpful. Cleaning and laundry staff did a decent job. Restaurant staff were always kind, courteous and the food was good. No matter where anyone stays, as long as family members keep an eye on what is going on and advocate for their loved ones, things should go well.

BEWARE

Beware! This place is a total dump. As of today 3/29/2017, this place is completely infested with bed bugs and that's not the only problem. ANY good review, and I mean any good review is their own marketing department writing fictitious reviews. The building Is falling apart. The owner [Removed] refuses to pay for any repairs, while he builds waterfront homes for himself. There's an outstanding electric bill for hundreds of thousands of dollars that he refuses to pay, because the electric company can't shut them off because of elderly occupants. They hire local drug addicts to work in their kitchen. They've had employee's overdose on heroin in the bathrooms. Employees sleep and play games on their cell phones while the residents sit in their soiled adult diapers and stare at the walls all day long. I could go on and on about this place.

Thanks for a wonderful tour With [Removed] who was very Informative and professional. The residents seam happy and well cared for and happy to see [Removed]. I felt the facility was clean cozy and safe. WE decided to choose another location based on proximity to my brother and I. Sincerely [Removed]

friendly staff, nice price, good views, decent sized rooms with lots of light

Great location, Great price, Great care

Everyone was great when I visited! Dan and Lindsay were great at providing me information about the community and about Assisted Living in general. I went during happy hour, and it was great seeing everyone together, enjoying the live entertainment. The staff looked very caring and were helpful with my questions. I loved the ocean view from the penthouse! Although we decided to stick with home care for now, Landmark is on the top of our lists for when that changes.

Loved The Tour

This community is very nice and a top notch place. I loved this place and it would have been our pick but the distance and area was not familiar to my dad.

The Executive Director of that place is a bully and has a SHADY background to say the least. The fact that the owners keep him in the building knowing his reputation speaks for itself. Do not move your loved one into that place. We sure as hell didn't!!!

The truth hurts

While it may look wrapped up pretty with a bow, this facility is far from a good one. The 3rd floor roof leaks, they have mold throughout the building because of this ongoing problem. The elevator has gotten stuck on numerous occasions. Good leadership is not there. The memory care floor sticks the members of that unit in front of a TV all day. The food sent to the memory care unit is almost never served hot to the residents (huge complaint on that floor)and the aides tend to eat the food that's sent down for the residents, I have seen it with my own eyes. I'm not the only family memeber that has. Management is very well aware of this, families have complained, direct supervisor's have said something but it continues and the residents suffer in the process. Last I knew, when the residents are eating I was under the impression the aides were supposed to ensure safety and help them if necessary. Not be making a plate of food and eating themselves, talking about hair, dancing inappropriately, on their cell phones and tablets, or sleeping in a closet. The aides make personal fun of residents and tend to not have much respect for them. If your family memeber says the same, take them seriously, they are not making it up. I strongly suggest you consider other options before choosing here because the negatives most definitely outweigh the positives.

Smoke & Mirrors

This community has the potential to be amazing. However, the corporation is not interested in investing the money, nor do they have the money, needed to repair major ceiling leaks which have been there for many years. Staff turnover is a major issue with several Executive Directors and Department Heads leaving within months of each other. Landmark use to offer a subsidized housing program to about 60% of its residents which had a major impact on the type of residents it attracted. Someone could pay $5k a month privately while others payed $1k thru the PACE program. When a family is willing to pay privately Landmark will accept that families loved one even if the community can't accommodate their level.of care. Not a community I would let my loved one move into!

A disappointment

Awful place, the staff is always on their cells and don't seem to really care about the residents and their needs. When visitng my grandmother I personally heard the nurses laugh and talk bad about the residents they were taking care of. We took her out of this place. Not a place I would recommend

Morning Star at Landmark at Oceanview

Landmark at Oceanview was perfect for my mother in law in her Alzheimer's care. The wide open corridors and high windows gives the place an open, airy environment. The staff was extremely helpful and friendly and smiling!

Brenda was very nice & welc...

Brenda was very nice & welcoming as well.

Much cheaper

She's 90 years old so it's hard to make her happy. She says the aids are stealing drinks, they're eating food on the job, but that's just her impression. The place is fine, it's not as nice as the Herrick House but it's also a lot less money. It's an older building, it's a school they rehabed and it's part of the PACE program. I don't think there's anything inherently wrong, the don't have a maintenence staff that's always painting like at Herrick.
The care is fine, in fact, she's independent living, she went from assisted to independent, there's just someone coming in to help her shower.
They just got rid of their activity director to cut costs. I think it's adequate, the cost is a lot less and she says the food is a lot better.

I didn't care for the facility I visi...

I didn't care for the facility I visited today for the following reasons: Place was in need of repair 2. Staff was ok but not real professional 3. Didn't see Dad enjoying it there

85 apartments 55-97 years old 100 r...

85 apartments 55-97 years old 100 residents Activities include Friday happy hour with beer and wine and soda, weekly shoppers shuttle, One bedroom available at end of Sept for $3850 per month. 30,60,90 minutes of care available. 30 comes with basic fees, $300 for each additional 30 minutes. Morningstar unit is memory care Alzheimers residents involved somewhat in the general activities but they also have their own calendar of activities. 1 free cab ride per month in the area for doctors, etc. Aide available to go with her at the rate of $20 per hour. Financial assistance through the PACE program. To qualify, must have assets of less than $2000 and make less than $2000/month. Resident keeps $75 and then the remainder becomes their rent. PACE is billed for the remainder of the costs.

Landmark at Ocean View is a beautifully renovated historic building in the heart of downtown Beverly, close to shops, restaurants, churches, the public library and the town common. A community penthouse offers dramatic views of the ocean and city. One monthly fee includes both personal care and a full hospitality package with three meals daily, weekly housekeeping and linen service, medication monitoring and a variety of social and wellness programs. We also feature a program which offers special care for the memory impaired.