Sunrise At Gardner Park - Peabody, MA

Good communication right from the start, they confirmed tour apt and were flexible with changing date. I really liked the facility and [name removed] was extremely helpful and knowledgeable with Mass regulations. Unfortunately, they could not meet our needs because we are looking for a long term solution and she advised me that no Assisted Living communities in Mass work with Medicaid and that a Skilled Nursing Facility (Nursing Home) would be our only option.

My tour

This is a very nice small community. The person that took us on tour was friendly. This community had more of a nursing home feel to it. I just did not feel this community would work for my loved one.

Options for care

I like this community and the staff who were able to help me with the questions on the care that is available. The community was clean and maintained. We like the menu and the activities. We did not want a room on the second floor and wanted an area out doors for her to be out the door. We suggest that other families tour this community for the care of a loved one.

I toured this community. The memory care unit was not what I was looking at this time. The community was clean. They do have a lot of activities. I was not able to speak with the staff on the community at the time of the tour. I would recommend that families tour this community for possible care of a loved one.

Mom's TLC

I like this community for the care given my mom. The staff is great. The food is delicious and she is very pleased with everything that is served. We preferred this community due to its smaller size.She is happy with being involved with the many activities that are available. I highly recommend this for the great care and value to other families.

Excellent Care

We are very pleased with the care with this community. The staff is great and very caring. The community is very clean and taken care of. They offer alot of activities. I would recommend this community for great care and a good value to others.

A nice community!

I heard good things about this community from a previous residents family. The community was clean and the staff were nice. This community would not work for us as it has multiple floors and we preferred the ranch style community.

Things are going well

Overall, things are going well at Sunrise. The staff is very efficient and compassionate. The facility itself is always kept clean. The other residents here are also very friendly and easy to talk to. So far, this has been a good experience.

Pretty good so far!

It hasn't been very long as of now but so far things have been pretty alright.

Friendly, helpful staff

I think they do an absolutely fabulous job at Sunrise at Gardner Park. Unfortunately my loved one never actually got to move in due to a medical situation, but throughout the whole process Sunrise was helpful and accommodating. The facility itself looks very nice, the staff were all very friendly, and the people here looked well cared for. They are certainly worth a look, if you are looking into care options in the area!

A caring, active place

Gardner Park impressed us with its small, homey atmosphere. Our mother has macular degeneration, and we felt it would be easier for her to find her way around a smaller residence. The staff has been extremely helpful during the transition period. Mom loves the abundance of activities available and the fact that there is a resident dog. Even though Gardner Park was the furthest away and the most expensive of the assisted living facilities we toured, we all felt mom would get more personal care and have more opportunities to make new friends and enjoy a variety of activities there. After two weeks she seems happy and has not once mentioned going home.

Friendly and helpful staff

Our loved one stayed here for a short time while we looked into the different communities in the area, and overall I thought they did a great job! It is a very nice, clean community, and the staff were all very helpful and caring! The major thing that kept it from being an option for a permanent move was that Mom didn't find the activities intellectually stimulating, they seemed geared toward the 90+ crowd.

The whole staff has made this difficu...

The whole staff has made this difficult time a little easier. We are very happy with our decision.

Awesome Staff

We needed to place my father in assisted living on a rather urgent basis, and the staff at Sunrise pulled off the impossible by making all the arrangements in one day. I can't say enough about the staff, they are friendly, welcoming, and always willing and able to help. My father is thriving in the homey environment. The facility is smaller than alot of the other places that we considered, and that was a selling point for us, because the staff are able to really get to know the residents,and that would not be so easy in a large facility. I would recommend Sunrise at Gardner Park without hesitation.

Don't even know how much it would cost....

It was clean and friendly, just like most of the places I saw, it was the sales staff that made the difference. I never got a straight answer out of them. They quoted me three different prices. That made me nervous, what was going to happen once we moved in? I went with a community that was much more straightforward to deal with.

I saw Sunrise after Brightv...

I saw Sunrise after Brightview and it was quite a disappointment. The facility itself is really small,and everything seems to be crammed into the same spaces.I didn't like the fact that I could enter through the back door and wander around the facility without anyone realizing I was there. Rachel told me that the doors were locked between 8pm and 8am but I was still apprehensive. I did see a couple of the apartments and did not like the idea of what they call a 'kitchenette' being stuck in the entrance to the bathroom. Very unappealing! My last negative thought was that CNA's were being called 'Care Manager Specialists' and would be in charge of a residents specific needs. On a positive note Rachel was fantastic, she is open, honest and pulled no punches. She definitely has a wonderful one on one rapport with the residents and it is clear that she loves what she does.

Sunrise Senior Living

We’re very sorry to hear that you had this experience. We care deeply about the safety of all of our residents and team members. Please contact us at [removed] so that we can learn more. –The Sunrise Team

Community Dog

This community is really nice and very well taken care of. The have a nice garden where some of the residents sit on the rocking chairs and just have a little fun. At one point they were hit a beach ball back and fourth. I work in the industry and knew what level of care we were looking for and what our loved one would need. We had visited 8 different communities and this one was the one we ended up choosing. They have about 56 apartments but they are still able to provide a very home like environment. They have a community dog that everyone just seems to love. Peg from A Place for Mom was gave us this recommendation and was very helpful. She made it very easy to choose and knew what questions we should be asking. We are very happy with Sunrise and would recommend it to anyone.

on way back from tennis stopped in ho...

on way back from tennis stopped in hour early. Met with the director. 50 residents. small cozy , b&b feel. House dog !!!

I think this very wonderful place is ...

I think this very wonderful place is our first choice.

Sunrise at Gardner Park, which provides both Assisted Living as well as Reminiscence (memory) Care, has been serving the needs of seniors and their families since 1994. Famous for it’s “Bed and Breakfast” ambiance, Gardner Park is housed within a gracious Victorian Mansion. Besides the 55 private apartments, there is a main dining room, a private dining room for use by residents and their family members, a main parlor, casual café, hair salon, library, and several other common gathering and activity areas. Residents benefit from the short, easily-traversed hallways, centralized community areas, team member longevity, Designated Care Manager system of care, nutritious cuisine prepared by an award-winning chef, ongoing support groups, stimulating activity offerings, and comforting old-world feel that truly makes it seem just like home. Levels of care can be increased to meet a resident’s changing needs, ensuring they will be safe and comfortable at all times. Included are three meals a day, snacks throughout the day and evening, housekeeping, personal laundry services, individual climate controls, 24 hour staffing, emergency call systems, and more. Gardner Park is conveniently located just minutes from two major shopping malls, Historic downtown Salem, restaurants, beaches, hospitals, and major highways.