Park Meadows Senior Living - Overland Park, KS

Not worth your money

The management at spectrum‘s, Park Meadows is completely nonresponsive. This was a terrific senior living establishment until January 1 of 2018 when new management Took over. Every department has suffered, food service, kitchen and dining room are the worst. Residents have commented, offered suggestions, and complained steadily this whole calendar year, With no result. Management has consistently shown no interest in making improvements. Rates continue to go up while Quality goes down. I have made a lot of friends here, and the residents are wonderful, none of us deserve to be treated this way

Dining room is open continuously from 7 am to 7 pm. There is a bistro too. Lots of planned activities including a happy hour every Friday afternoon with an open bar and live music. Basic 81-channel cable and all utilities except phone is included in apartment rent. Staff is super friendly and personable - they obviously love the residents. The residents are very happy. Dining room food is very good with lots of choices. Lots of transportation opportunities with no extra charge. They give the residents one of those emergency buttons as a necklace or bracelet as a part of the rent. They are negotiable on the community fee. My mom was very impressed with everything as was I and she put the deposit down and is going to live there! :)

Cozy, clean accommodations...friendly staff. A little distant, looking for something closer to my home.

Samantha McCue

Hello, thank you for your kind words and this wonderful review!

Cozy, clean accommodations...friendly staff.

Samantha McCue

Hello, thank you for your kind words. Please let us know if we can assist with anything in the future.

Wonderful Place for your loved one.

My grandmother spent 2 years at Park Meadows prior to her passing. She was very happy there. It is a very beautiful, well kept atmosphere. The housekeeping staff always kept her apartment clean and were very kind to her. She always had very good things to say about everyone that worked there. Before she got sick, she loved all of the activities that Park Meadows offered. I would recommend Park Meadows to anyone.

Food isn't good and they don't have a lot of activities.

My Husband really likes it at this facility. Everyone here is friendly and the staff seems to be concerned about his well-being. He is pleased with the care he is receiving even though the food isn’t the greatest. They don’t really offer many activities and the ones they do have, no one really shows up to. I would recommend this facility to people who don’t want to do a lot of activities.

Great Place for your loved one

I was at Park Meadows recently to look for a place for my dad and they are so easy to work with and friendly. The staff is great and very knowledgeable. They seemed to really care about people and go the extra mile to make someone happy. Very impressive. I certainly will move my parent there when it's time and recommend checking out Park Meadows for your loved one.

Staff became defensive and unwilling to accommodate

My dad was here briefly and from the amount of time that he was there, we did not like the nursing staff. I'm in the medical field and I know how my dad is supposed to take his medications. I tried to speak with the nursing staff there and they said he should be taking they’re way. I didn't agree with that and when I tried to voice my opinion, they became very defensive and unwilling to accommodate. We decided to move him somewhere else because of this. I would not recommend bringing your loved one here.

Samantha McCue

Hello, thank you for leaving us feedback about your recent experience. We are disappointed to hear that your experience was not a positive one and you did not feel valued and heard by our staff. Here at Park Meadows Senior Living, we are always looking for ways to improve and continuously train our staff so that we can provide the best possible care for our residents and we appreciate your input. If you would be willing, we would like to have you contact our executive director at [removed] to discuss ways we can do better in the future. We hope to hear from you.

A tour

The person that took us on tour was friendly. This community looked very nice. They seem to offer some nice amenities. This community just seemed a little to large for our loved one.

Care and options

I like the tour of this community The staff was able to answer the questions and we like that the community was clean. The menu was appealing and the activities would have been offered .We wanted something closer. We would recommend that others take a tour for the care of their loved one.

It Has an Outdated Look

My dad was here for respite for a couple of weeks. He stayed here after being in the hospital and they provided the help but they did not do any rehab with him. He wasn't too thrilled about the facility. He said it was old looking and outdated. The parking situation was not good too.

There is So Much Fun Things

The experience is very good and we like the community, we feel made the right decision. Our apartment is large enough for the two of us. They have great amenities and the staff are always helping with extra things like balloons that we needed for an anniversary. We are enjoying the activities and plan to participate in more, we are always busy. Happy Hour is Friday evenings and we have a fun time. The recently had an eclipse party and they keep up on things for us to have fun.

Good review

Impressive building and fixtures. Open dining is an advantage, but service is slow. I wish the architect had included central air instead of the window style units. Parking is tight for residents. All in all, we are satisfied with our choice here.

Samantha McCue

Hello Gerald, we appreciate you taking the time to leave us this feedback. Please don't hesitate to reach out if there's anything additional we can do for you.

Satisfying Experience

Our experience with my Dad at Park Meadows met all our expectations, and we felt he was provided excellent services. All the employees and staff were very kind to him and always took very good care of his needs.
Thank you for such a satisfying experience.

Samantha McCue

Scott, we strive for 100% satisfaction, and it is great to see you had such a positive experience at Park Meadows Senior Living. If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to reach out!

Wonderful Place

The most wonderful place I've seen. My mom is a person here. The staff loves her and treats her with respect. One of the staff is fostering her dog as she recovers from a hip injury. Park Meadows is her first choice and has not had any regrets.

Not very friendly Staff!!

I had a tour of this community for my loved one and I have to say that I was not very impressed with how things went . The lady that gave us our tour was not friendly and just seemed annoyed throughout the entire visit. She did seem interested in our needs at all and I felt disrespected. I would not recommend this place to anyone.

Samantha McCue

Hi there, we appreciate your honest review. We set a high standard for ourselves with customer service, so we are disappointed to hear that your experience with us was not a positive one. Our executive director, Teresa Smith, is interested in hearing more specifics about your experience so we can make sure to address any issues moving forward and would like the opportunity to make this experience up to you. If you are willing, please reach out to us at [removed] so we can work towards a resolution. Thank you.

We really like this community.

Happy with Our Move

My husband, and I am doing well since our move to this community. We are pleased with all they have done for us. The community is well-kept, and they do a good job with the cleanliness of the community. They provide nice meals, and there is nice activities available. The staff is nice, but I do feel they are overworked at times. They need to hire more maintenance people. Overall everything is working out, and I would recommend this community.

Samantha McCue

Hello there, thank you; we appreciate your feedback! Your recommendation means so much to us and we're so happy to have earned it. Thank you again for taking the time to let the world know about your positive experience. Have a great day!

I like living here

The staff have been helpful and friendly. The food is very good and they offer a good variety of healthy choices. This community offers three meals a day. They offer a lot of daily activities. The community is clean and I would recommend it.

Samantha McCue

Hi, thank you so much for the positive review! Thank you, and have a fantastic day!

Tour Went Well Overall

My tour went well of this community, and everything went well. The staff was kind, and informative. My questions were answered. The community appeared to be well-kept from what I saw. The experience went well, but it wasn't the community for my mother, and her needs.

Samantha McCue

Hi there, we are very happy to have provided you with such a positive experience! If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to reach out!

This was a beautiful facility, and I liked the way the all dining was set up. This would be perfect for my parents, who are late risers. The pricing is good. They only concern that I have, is that they will not accept Medicaid in the event my parents’ funds are depleted.

Park Meadows is pretty and that's about it. It does look clean. The executive director is too young and does not tell the truth. She is always unavailable. She also posts inappropriate things on face book. Care services are lacking. Activities are redundant at times. This review is for the independent, assisted and memory care. I would not want my loved one living there.

Samantha McCue

Hi there, we appreciate your honest review. We set a high standard for ourselves, so we are disappointed to hear that your experience with us was not a positive one. Please reach out to us so we can work towards a resolution. Thanks again for bringing this to our attention. We hope to hear from you soon.
Park Meadows Senior Living
[removed]

Not much interaction...

When I toured Park Meadows Senior Living, I thought it was a nice community. The thing that I noticed, though, was that there was not much interaction between the staff and residents. I wanted somewhere with a lot of interaction and activities going on.

Not particularly impressed

This review is specifically about Memory Care. Fortunately there is a management change coming soon (March 2017) and hopefully this improves the poor communication, the medical care and lack of employee motivation. Most aides are caring and good, the management has been the issue as there just has to be corporate policies which are not being followed. Food is average at best. Activities seem ok. Communication and more important follow-through on medical issues, medication, etc. is a struggle at best.

We are happy with our choice

The food is good and they offer a variety of options. The staff have been fantastic and encouraging. They offer daily activities and they keep the community clean. I would recommend this community.

Wonderful community. Pleasant atmosphere and has what we are looking for long term

Top Picks, But to Large of A Community for Us

This was one of my top picks for my mother and her needs. My tour of this community went very well. The community looked great. Everyone was very kind and friendly. My issue was that this is a larger community, and I didn't want my mother to get lose in the mix of everything. It was a great experience, but we found a community that suited our needs better.

We Did Not Need Assistance

It was a good visit to see what they provide. I had a good tour with the person who showed me around. I saw nothing wrong with the place, the staff were giving good care. We did not need an assisted living facility.

Tender Loving Care!!

The staff at this community has been very friendly and accommodate to my mother's needs. The meals are nutritious and cooked properly, i eat with my mother as often as i can. They offer a mixture of activities, my mother has played bingo and trivia and is really enjoying the company of the other residents. I would defiantly recommend this complex to a friend.

My Visit Experience

My visit to this community was not a bad experience. I saw that they were very nice. It was a knowledgeable experience from them. I enjoyed the tour and they did a very nice job.

The Vibes Here

This was a nice community to tour but there was something not right, my mom did not like the vibes here. Otherwise, the people were nice and it was a clean facility. They were very helpful

Great memory care unit !!

My loved one has recently been suffering from severe memory loss and the memory care unit at this community has been excellent with my aunts care. They have been very patient and have been providing great activities and techniques everyday to try and help her memory. I overall am very pleased with the staff and facility.

I saw how the staff handled a minor altercation between residents in the memory care area and it was very well done. Liked the decor and building design but maybe a few too many rules for my mother's happiness.

Great place!!

My first week impression is very good!! We now have seen three places and by far this one is so much better!!! ❤️❤️People are kind and gentle!! The place is so pretty, as well. We were at a place that over-medicated my mom. And she got full-speed delirium--which was much worse than my dads Alzheimers!! Park meadows carefully does meds if you use their WONDERFUL cautious doc!!!

Tour

I visited the facility and was impressed with all that was offered. Very clean and a lot of activities to choose from. I would highly recommend Park Meadows to anyone looking for senior living.

Great place

Park Meadows was one of the cleanest places we were in.
Everyone was so nice and helpful the residents we spoke with talked highly of everything. The easy of getting in and out was great. We enjoyed speaking with everyone there

Park Meadows Review

I work with Vitas Hospice and we have worked in partnership with Park Meadows taking care of many of their residents. They have a compassionate staff that looks after their residents and they have a very active community with many programs to engage their residents and families.

Visited a family member

Visited a relative! Outstanding facility. Friendly staff lovely decor. We walked to dining room to visit,that area was most pleasing.

Wonderful visit

We really enjoyed visitng a family member. We stopped in on our vacation.
The staff was very friendly and help us find our way through
the building.
The dining room seemed to be a delightful experience.

Thank you for taking care of our loved one.

Keep on Looking!

The sales director Brenda is rude!
There are much better choices in the area at half the cost.

It's Really Good

The only thing that I can really say about the Park Meadows Senior Living facility is that everything about the place is just really good. I have no complaints about them and I can not think of any improvements either.

A Good Experience

All of the staff members and the management were very accommodating during the transition and getting my loved one moved in to the facility quickly. We have had a good experience with Park Meadows so far.

They have been excellent.

They have been excellent. She's remarkably better than when we first brought her there, she is almost her old self. She likes that she gets three hot meals a day. We are so happy with the place, we are moving another loved one here. I think they were comparable in price, and the location was really ideal. Everyone there is very helpful and friendly. They really go out of their way to make people comfortable.

Very nice place!

Our experience with Park Meadows has been a very good one! The staff here is very welcoming, they've got a great activities program, and the facility is always clean and well kept. They also do a great job with the food, it is high quality and there are always lots of choices. I highly recommend Park Meadows!

They were okay, they looked good, and they would work

We toured here as we were looking for options. They were one of our "back up" places. They were okay, they looked good, and they would work, but we had a different first choice in mind.

Impressive

I had narrowed the search for assisted/independent living down to a few places that included Park Meadows before we visited in order to make the choice easier for my mother. It really came down to where she felt most comfortable and where I felt confident that she would receive the best care. We decided on independent living, with the help of the Park Meadows sales advisor, but a later transition to assisted living is easy to do there. Mom likes all the people there, employees and residents alike. The apartments and the recently remodeled common areas are some of the best we visited. She enjoys the food and is participating in activities, which is something we were not sure she would do.
My biggest complaint is that she has never had any sort of formal orientation and she has been a resident for one month. But at 92, I'm not sure she would remember a large amount of information all at once.

This is the only place that I looked at, that was honest with me.

This is the only place that I looked at, that was honest with me. They are the only ones that weren't so desperate to fill a bed, so as to lie about being able to provide care they couldn't. They told me what we needed was long term care. We chose one of the other assisted living places that said they could handle the care, only to find out they couldn't. We needed long term care. I appreciated the honesty, and should have seen that as a red flag.

Things Are Good Overall

Overall we were impressed with them. They were a little bit more forthcoming in what they offer before you get there, but they didn't follow up on some things, so there might be a little more thoroughness in the sales department. Overall, things are going good though.

I am very pleased with the way everything is going. The director answered all my questions if there is ever anything I can come to them. So far my relative is happy and doing good. Their hasnt been any complaints and their really caring for her and doing a great job.

So far we have been very happy.

So far we have been very happy. It's very clean and the staff is really friendly. She seems to enjoy the meals and she eats an adequate amount. I don't really have any complaints or concerns. We have been very pleased so far.

I loved this facility. It is clean, staff are attentive to resident needs, well planned facility with mirroring the IL and AL apartments alike, to help when residents need to change levels of care and move to the AL area. No need to worry about if the furniture will fit! Staff warm and welcoming.

Helpful and friendly staff

We're very pleased with how things have gone at Park Meadows so far. It's a very nice looking community, and they do a good job of keeping everything looking clean and well kept. The sales staff and the director were incredibly helpful and professional during the move-in process, and made things very easy.

Very nice. Friendly staff. ...

Very nice. Friendly staff. Impressed with accommodations

Park Meadows is a blessing

I was lucky to find Park Meadows for my parents. From my first impression at the front door and before speaking to anyone, I had that special feeling that this was the place! Now that they are transitioning so well, it just solidified our decision to move them to this wonderful facility! Thanks to every staff member for making them feel so welcome and safe!

The facility is super clean, the people, including the residents, are friendly and helpful, and there are so many ways to participate in activities if they choose to.

A Place For Mom.com is a wonderful resource to assist in your search for assisted living and long-term care. I highly recommend it!

Nice place overall, with a few issues

Overall I've been impressed with Park Meadows Senior Living, I've had experience with quite a few communities and this is one of the better communities I've seen. For the most part the staff have all been very friendly, although there have been exceptions. The director of the memory care section has been fantastic, he is very friendly, and always willing to discuss any questions or concerns about care. There have been issues with certain members of the cooking staff when my loved one requests vegan options.
One thing I have to mention is that both my loved one and I have had issues with a few people here, both residents and staff, treating us poorly based on being people of color. It has improved a bit over time, but it is still extremely unpleasant to deal with and still happens from time to time.

Memory Care for our Aunt

Our Aunt has lived at Park Meadows for 1 week now. She is making a good transition, has not tried to leave, seems to be happy in and with her room, is getting more comfortable with the staff members and her new friends. We are hopeful that this will be a safe and happy place for her to call home.

Bright and lovely environme...

Bright and lovely environment. Terrific staff and caregivers.

Park Meadows is a Top Notch Facility

My mother became of resident of the Park Meadows Memory Care facility in January 2014. While still at home she had become extremely withdrawn and oftentimes she was very uncooperative. I didn't know how the staff of Park Meadows would be able to deal with her. But the nurse and activity director knew exactly what to do and after only a couple of days my mother began to come out of her shell and participate in activities with the other residents. I can't say enough good things about the activities director and the head nurse.
In addition Park Meadows is an attractive facility with beautiful furnishings. The common areas and the residents' rooms are always clean.
I highly recommend Park Meadows.

Very nice facility. Monthly...

Very nice facility. Monthly fee exceeds my dad's income.

Nice looking place

We looked into this community when we were searching for options for our loved one. We were impressed by what we saw during our tour, and this was one of the four that we were considering. It was a nice looking community, everyone was friendly, and the residents looked happy. We ended up going with another one of the options due to the pricing and location being slightly more convenient.

A Little Empty

That was my next choice, I liked the girl who showed me around. She was really helpful. They were nice, but they weren't busy and it was that kind of thing. I wanted something with a lot of stimulation and interaction. They are fairly new, so it might just be that they aren't full yet.

Review

Untrained staff.
Lack of staff supervision.
Failure to follow proper medication protocol.
Lackadaisical attitudes.
Great marketing.

Very Pleased!

My mother moved to Park Meadows assisted living in June 2013. Upon my first tour of Park Meadows I knew this would be a good place for my mom. Park Meadows is clean, the staff is friendly, the food is good, and the staff is knowledgeable about the various health issues and personality changes that brings senior citizens to assisted living facilities. They get to know the residents well and can notice any changes that may occur. I also like the fact that it doesn't look like an assisted living facility, but a large apartment complex, which it is. Because Park Meadows is located in a large metropolitan area that straddles a state line, it is good to know the state regulations for both states. I found that the Kansas state regulations allow much more broader care than those facilities in the state of Missouri. I am very glad that my senior advisor told me about Park Meadows because it's a good place for my mom and I can rest assured she is getting good care at Park Meadows.

Enjoyed the visit. Like th...

Enjoyed the visit. Like the new feel of the facility and the friendly atmosphere. Liked the pet friendly setting. You are one of my top picks.

My least ,not sure I could ...

My least ,not sure I could see myeslf living there. Not easy feeling.

I think my mom would love i...

I think my mom would love it here. Personnel are friendly, professional, and very comfortable to talk with. The views are beautiful. I think she would avail herself of the amenities. If she changes her mind about moving here, this is our first stop!

Very nice - greeted by seve...

Very nice - greeted by several residents, as well as staff. Floorplan similar to Emeritus. Brand-new, beautiful facility. Pricing lower than Emeritus or Brighton Gardens.

Clean, well maintained. Great food. S...

Clean, well maintained. Great food. Services good. Residents dressed appropriately, looked clean, hair combed. Staff treated residents well. Expensive for 500 sq.ft. apt. VA able to help if assisted living unit.

Overland Park location great. One bu...

Overland Park location great. One building?

Love the Independent Living room, hig...

Love the Independent Living room, higher ceilings and small picket-fenced yard. Allows small dogs. Really liked. Only concern is social class aspect - everyone was dressed nice, mom is more happy to walk around in sweatpants.

I think Mother would like the menu he...

I think Mother would like the menu here better possibly. Didn't feel as welcoming as Villa Vent. 2 yrs old, obviously a lot newer facility, residents haven't got the hx there that VV has. Still it didn't have that little town feeling to it. Meals are a point system to use, Not sure that Mother would understand this for a while.

this place is big. Lots and lots of ...

this place is big. Lots and lots of activities. I got mixed up about where I was on the tour - lovely place (3 stories)

Very very nice facility. Loved the a...

Very very nice facility. Loved the apartments.

Welcome to Park Meadows Senior Living, a new concept in senior living in Overland Park, Kansas. The Community is centrally located to make living at Park Meadows convenient and worry-free, with nearby shopping, restaurants, hospitals, medical centers and easy access to I-435.

At Park Meadows Senior Living you can create the lifestyle that you have always desired. Depending upon your needs, you can live comfortably in one of our independent cottage or apartment homes or our assisted and enhanced living apartments that offer assistance with your activities of daily living (ADL's). Our goal at Park Meadows is to exceed each Resident's individual needs while maintaining the highest level of choices, dignity, privacy and respect. Our concept of affordable luxury living accompanied by our unique resident concierge services and amenities, assures our residents that their specific needs will be met while maintaining their independence and enhancing their quality of life.

Park Meadows amenities include a sky lounge with observation deck, European style bistro for casual dining throughout the day, fitness and therapy center, elegant dining room and private dining, a library, theater, computer center, and other community areas for you to enjoy an active and social lifestyle. Our residents enjoy these features along with our country club style dining that offers flexibility and convenience, Full Spectrum Lifestyle activities program, scheduled private limousine and bus transportation. Our family atmosphere welcomes you home with friends, neighbors and friendly staff that make each day something to look forward to.