Sunrise of Leawood - Leawood, KS

Care and comfort for family

The care at this community is good. The staff are caring and attentive. The community is clean with a nice environment. They do offer activities for the residents that are able to participate. We like this atmosphere and would recommend other families to this community for the care and good value for a loved one

I Don't Have To Worry

I am so grateful we found this community. She is getting very good care and when ever I have to go out of town I know she is being well taken care of and that eases my mind. The staff is wonderful very kind and attentive and they keep me updated. From what I understand she is eating good liking the food.

I really think there food could be a little better
They obviously don't have enough people on the floor working
To many patients and not enough people to serve
I have been there numerous time and the reply after the patient buses
Seem to take them longer than 10 minutes to service patients
There are some cna's that seem to not like there jobs to much,
They have a frown on there faces
Not all but some
I won't mention names
You already know who they are
I know older people are a BIG pain
In the [Removed]
But that's why the people that work there should like there jobs
If not they need to change their career

Sunrise Senior Living

We love Sunrise of Leawood.

Our family couldn't be happier with our experience at Sunrise of Leawood, KS. Mom has been there for 2 weeks now and it's hard for us to believe how seamless the transition has been. She is enjoying the food, making friends and attending a number of activities. It's good to see our Mother happy again!

Nice Experience, Tour was Good

I had a good experience during my tour of this community. My tour went well, and everyone was very kind, and courtesy . The community appeared to clean, and well-kept. I did find another community that suited my mother needs better, but my tour of this community was good one.

Comfort for mom!

My mother is doing fine since her move into Sunrise, she is still settling in. The staff has been very nice and welcoming. The facility itself is clean and organized. I would recommend them, we have had a good experience.

Not Impressed

I was not impressed with my tour of this community. The director that I set my appointment, was leaving when I arrived. When I asked her about my appointment, she replied "I was just going to have a smoke". Base off that interaction I didn't feel this was the community for us.

Not as expected

Sometimes she doesn't get a shower. She's been there since December and has only had three showers. The food has no flavor. The gravy tastes like it's store bought. I still haven't got my statement for January. The staff is lazy. There's one nurse who changed her and put her straight to bed without washing her. They are all friendly but they cut corners and take shortcuts.

All is Well for My Mother at This Community

Everything is working out very well for my mother since her move to this community. She being provided with good care, and I'am satisfied. The location of the community is convenient for me to travel too, just in care something happens. She is doing well, and this is a community I would recommend.

We love it!

I really, really liked this community and what they had to offer. The staff was great and showed us around and seemed to be very knowledgeable about the community. She was very nice as well. I would have liked for mom to go here, but they had no openings.

Good Tour for The Most Part

For the most I had a good experience with my tour of this community. They were courteous and thoughtful to my family and I. For the most part the community looked nice and clean. The personnel was friendly. There were many factors that played into where to move my mother too. This is a decent community, but not the one for us.

Not What We Wanted

My tour was good with this community. I got to see how the staff are with the residents, they seemed to do good. I did not see any wrong with the community, it was just not what we wanted.

Our Selection Was Not Available

The director was so nice and able to give answers to my questions during my tour. It was a very nice community to see. During my tour the director interacted with the residents. Calling them by their name and being familiar with them seemed natural. We selected a room but upon trying to move in, the room we wanted was taken. They did a nice job.

Wonderful Tour!

The community at Sunrise of Leawood was beautiful. The community was very well maintained. The staff that offered the tour were very knowledgeable and able to address all of my concerns. I could see the dedication that they give to their residents.

Good care for Mom

This is a great community for my mom.She is happy with the care from the staff who are very helpful. They have good food with a great variety to choose from. Alot of activities are available that she does enjoy. A great value for a clean environment with good care. This is recommended for those who need good care for loved ones.

Loved the atmosphere, and they had an availaility for the room plan and location we wanted.

Highly Recommened

This was a community I was very satisfied with. My husbands last days were here, and they did a good job with making sure he was very comfortable. The staff was very helpful and kind. He was very pleased with the food, the meals were nice. The care they provided was good. This is a community I would highly recommend.

FANTASTIC ALLOVER COUNTRY CLUB LIKE FACILITY

My husband and I have been here only a month, but most certainly I can tell you that we have received the most wonderful care and concern that is possible.

My husband is ill, and that is one of the reasons that I can tell you of the care level for his needs and the all around wonderful place to be!

I don't give praise lightly, but everyone here including the food service (plus the food is wonderful) is exceptional to the desire to serve you well is extremely great.

All personnel endeavor to give you the best attention possible.

They keep the best outings, entertainment, exercise programs, and the calendar is very full daily, for many different activities.

We could not have chosen better!

Bonnie

A Great Job

The biggest thing is that they accepted her into the facility. I had a hard time finding a place and they have made her feel real good about being there at the Sunrise of Leawood. The staff is doing a great job.

They were all okay, none of them were terrible...

We toured several of the Sunrise communities in our search around the area. They were all pretty similar. They were all okay, none of them were terrible, and they weren't overly impressive either.

Above & beyond our expectations!

We placed my mom in Sunrise of Leawood on very short notice. Michelle & Devin went above & beyond to make sure my mom's needs were taken care of.

Better Communication With Care

They are very friendly with everything. I would say there are a lot of times when there is miscommunication as far as getting things done. Sometimes they are slow to take care of things, so I haven't been 100% satisfied with the care, I think they could be a little more organized and structured with that.

Sunrise Senior Living

Please know that we take all concerns seriously and would like to learn more about your experience at Sunrise. Please email Information (at) SunriseSeniorLiving (dot) com with further details so we may follow up. Thank you, Sunrise Team

I had a terrible experience.

Sunrise told us that they would be able to care for my loved one, knowing all the care she needed. When they took over her care after a delay in paperwork and medications, and within a short period of time, they informed me they could not handle the care. The people were awesome, very nice, but I feel like they lied to us, about being able to handle the care. They did have nurses 24-7, and menus online to help manage diet. But I think if they need space they will say and do whatever, to fill the beds. They say that they give the residents a lot of care and touches, but it took a lot of time to respond to a pendant. They don't have enough staff to cover the floors. The people who work in here wear many hats. You really need to be able to advocate for the care of your loved one, or they need to be able to advocate for themselves. I had a terrible experience.

Sunrise Senior Living

Nice Facility... Friendly and welcoming. Michelle was very helpful in explaining the various options and answering my questions.

Overall Good Community

Sunrise of Leawood is a good community. We have had some problems with the staff following through on care for my Mom. She has poor vision and is not mobile. They seem to forget this and are not attentive to her grooming needs and overall well being. She is often bypassed for activities because of her disabilities and therefore does not participate in as many activities as possible. There was a mix up with her medication and it took quite a while to remedy the situation. The food is good but the dining room is not as well organized as possible but I hear it is getting better. She does wear a pendant so her safety is not compromised. I just hope that the staff becomes more aware of the needs of some of their residents.

Sunrise Senior Living

Please know that we take all concerns seriously and would like to learn more about your experience. Please email us at Information (At) SunriseSeniorLiving (Dot) Com. Thank you, Sunrise Team

I am very satisfied so far.

I am very satisfied with Sunrise, so far. I am pretty happy with them. I don't have any major complaints. I would rate them highly, and give them a five out of five.

Very nice place

My loved one was only here for a short time, but during that time I thought Sunrise of Leawood did a fantastic job. The staff were friendly, caring, and professional, and the facility itself was clean and well kept. I would absolutely recommend them to anyone looking into care options in the area.

I would rate them very highly.

I would rate them very highly. The only comment I could make is that there were times when his room was a little messy, though not enough so to drop their score. The care was good, and he was safe. We were pleased with them.

Sunrise Senior Living

Thank you for sharing your experience with us; we'd like to learn more about your concerns regarding the room upkeep. Please email us at Information(at)SunriseSeniorLiving(dot)com.

Thanks,
Sunrise Team

Very nice facility, loved t...

Very nice facility, loved the fact they will take the dementia patients on weekly outings, and they have 2 dogs on site! Only drawback would be having to supply furniture and community fee not knowing how much my Dad could participate due to mental and physical limitations. This location is very convienient to my work location so it's a definite possiblity.

Mother has been at Sunrise a little o...

Mother has been at Sunrise a little over a week. Thus far, everything has been fine.

Nice looking community, on the larger side

We toured this community when we were looking into care options for a loved one. Everything here looked very nice! The staff were all very friendly, and the facility itself seemed very clean and well kept. However, this was a fairly large, multiple story community, and we felt like it would have been a bit intimidating and difficult to navigate for our loved one.

Expensive, but well worth it.

Sunrise at Leawood has made the difficult process of moving my mother to assisted living so much easier. They always are on top of things when it comes to my mother's condition and interests. They are quick to call me when some issue or question about my mother arises, such as whether she is authorized to go out of the facility or when a doctor recommends a medication change. The one issue I still am waiting to assess is staff turnover; so far, it has not been an issue. But we have only been in Sunrise for a few months.

The director called. Sounds Okay Ro...

The director called. Sounds Okay Room is 119.00 a day then you add the level of care which can range from 45 to 89 a day

Nice rooms, high ceiling lots of ligh...

Nice rooms, high ceiling lots of light. Only about 35-40 residents, Asst'd living only, assigned a nurse/ nurse would also care for dog. Mom would fit in w people, but many seemed older than mom. Fenced in yard for dog. Garage parking (limited space, but could reserve.) Privacy could be an issue - not much buffer between open area & rooms.

you get an assigned caregiver. they h...

you get an assigned caregiver. they have a beauty shop, will take to dr, weekly visits to walmart, library, grocery, cvs, scenic drives, month to month w/30 day notice.

Beautiful. Next to Trader Joes.

Beautiful. Next to Trader Joes.