Somerset Gardens Senior Living - Plainview, NY

Looked like it was a converted hotel because it is. Very friendly, but place had a feeking of being old. SLight odor as we walked around. Looked at a room and walked right into a spider web face high! Not worth another look

Lovely People, but a Little Institutional

I toured at Somerset Gardens, and I really liked the community overall. [Removed] was the sweetest lady, and the community was lovely. My only issue was that they removed the carpeting in the community because of spills, accidents, etc., and now the place lacks a bit of the homey, comfortable feel I think it would have otherwise. As a result, it is left looking a little institutional.

Location Was Farther Than I Would Have Liked

This community was very nice. It was clean and well maintained. The staff that we met seemed friendly and nice very professional. However, the location of the property was much further than what I would have liked. I need mom close to me so we can visit as much as we would like

Our tour was good

Things went well on our tour here, the staff were friendly and did a very good job showing us around the community and answering all our questions. My mom was only looking to come to the day care for a couple days a week for now so we felt it wasn't quite the fit for her.

Great Staff!!

My mother has recently made the move into this community and so far things are going well for her. The staff have been on top of things and have made sure to keep in communication about her needs and progress. They have welcomed her with open arms and I am comfortable with the care she is being provided with. Overall things have been going well and I would recommend it to anyone interested.

I understand that the rehab that is offered here is not as aggressive as other places offer but they could put a better effort. My mothers stay here was not pleasant. She would have constant urinary tract infections once she would come off the medicine she would get another one. The staff was friendly enough and the rehab was clean and maintained. But from seeing my mother who had made such improvement while she was at another rehab center then coming here and her decline so much just greatly overwhelmed me.

Check it out

My dad was at this community many years ago and it was a good fit for him. This community does have different levels and you have to take the elevator down for activities. This community does not seem like a good layout for memory care residents.

We toured this community and I wanted to have my mom see this community for her care. The staff was nice and they had a clean community for the residents. I like the variety of good meals that would be offered. The activities would have been helpful for my mom. They did not have a place for smoking and my mom. We would suggest a tour for other families to this beautiful community with a nice value

Dad's Happiness Is Wonderful

Everything is perfect at this community for my dad. The
staff started him at level 1 care then it reduced to medication only. There has been progress with physical therapy and he has been gaining more stability. It is positive atmosphere and he says he is satisfied. We are happy to hear his feedback.

We are happy with this community

The staff are taking good care of my brother. The food is good and healthy. The community is well taken care of. They do offer daily activities. This community reminds me of a hotel and not an assisted living community. I would recommend this community.

Very Nice Tour of This Community

My tour of this community was very nice. The lady that gave me the tour was very kind, and friendly. She showed me all around the community, and answered all my questions. The community looked nice, and well-kept. My issue was the room they had available at the moment. It was smaller than my aunt would had like. They have great rates, but I knew that room would not work for my aunt, but my tour went very well overall.

this was our first visit to a facility, so we really have nothing to compare it to. overall, [Removed] was very informative and warm. she made us feel at ease and understood how difficult this is. the place was bright and clean, the rooms were nicer than i expected and it looks like there is quite a lot of activities to choose from.

New Resident Experience

It's only been a week, but so far, our family member seems
to be comfortable and enjoying her new surroundings. Leeannn has been a pleasure to work with and really helped us settle in our family member. The other residents have been friendly, making it a comfortable transition so far.

Good Care

My mom likes this community. She is please with the food. The staff is very caring and helpful. They need some improvements in activities. This is a clean community. I would recommend this to other families looking for good care.

A nice place!!

The staff at Somerset Gardens seems nice and I have not heard any complaints from my mom since moving in. She has been there just over a month so she is settling in well. She does participate in some of the activities and they bus her to church on Sunday. While I have not been able to try the food my mom seems to like it. They do not offer free WiFi or television but I would recommend this community.

Perfect Experience

From start to finish, the place always felt welcoming. It really felt like home. They were understanding and I knew just from walking in the first time that this was the place for my loved one. It has been a perfect experience, everything has worked out exactly as I had planned it too.

Food could be better

The staff is wonderful here. The way they treat the residents is just great. They have so much compassion and respect. The facility is always clean and well maintained. The food could definitely be better though.

So far it's been fabulous.

So far it's been fabulous. We don't have any major complaints. It was a difficult transition, but she seems to be liking it now. She hates the food though. It's clean and the people are friendly enough.

This comes in second, not as convenient as [facility name], but like the facilities and rooms.

extremely happy

I am extremely happy at Somerset Gardens. It's home to me. There is plenty to do here if you choose to. Thing only thing I would say is about the food. When you are cooking for over 100 people you cant please everyone. It's not gourmet french food here. I'm perfectly fine though. Things are going really well and I hope they continue to.

Very nice, it used to be the Howard Johnson. Large lobby and flows like a hotel. 2 dining rooms, large rooms with a porch. REasonable price for what you get, a la carte for additional needs. A movie theater which is very nice, adequate outdoor patio. LeeAnn was great, upbeat, had good feedback and a sense of reality working with seniors. Offers a nicely paced lunch visit for mom and dad. Will visit with them in Nov.

very good

The service at Somerset Gardens is excellent and the treatment is very good. I really like everything about it. They are very good and I have no complaints about them.

brother is doing well there

My brother is staying at Somerset Gardens and he is doing very well there. They have a lot of good activities that keep him involved. He gets three good meals a day. He is 63 years old and is bipolar but can function pretty well. It is a very good place for him.

My 92-year-old beloved Dad passed away in the memory/hospice care unit of Somerset Gardens. He resided there for almost a year. My siblings and I feel exceedingly lucky that we found this facility, as the care my Dad received was impeccable; every staff member we interacted with, no matter what their duties were, treated us and my Dad with kindness, respect, dignity, and much-needed information as to what to expect as death drew near. The facility was extremely clean, my Dad's room was always spotless, and his aide, Clyde, attended to his hygiene, mental and physical needs with the greatest compassion and concern. I cannot praise Somerset Gardens enough for the peace of mind they provided my family to ensure that my Dad was in a safe, nurturing and loving environment. Thank you to every member of the staff. You should all be proud of the very important service you provide so well. Thank you from all of us on behalf of Edward.

good experience

The experience with Somerset Gardens was a very positive one. The main lady there we worked with was a real delight, very helpful in every way. The food was very good. They made some excellent entrees. I would certainly recommend them.

Did not have a good experience

We did not have a good experience with this community at all. It seemed like a nice enough place when we were looking into care options, but within a few hours of my loved one arriving he was left alone and allowed to fall twice. Based on this experience we could not recommend this place to anyone.

One Very Happy Mom

My mother resisted the idea of assisted living. She couldn't be happier at Somerset Gardens. She loves the staff and the facility, enjoys all of the activities and feels very well taken care of. She is even going to exercise class something she never did before!

It was very homey.

It was very homey. The food could be a little better, they could have a nicer variety. There also isn't a great variety of activities.

To me it's a lot of money, but compared to other places it's not a lot of money. Most services are included. They seemed to have a little more activities than they actually did, they have a movie every day and bingo every day but nothing after dinner that's organized. They have a card game going on but one of the members is the dealer and if he isn't there then nothing happens and it could be a little more organized. My mothers doing more than she did at her old community. Things were going on there and there was more life to this community than others. They could work on getting the people more involved in what there is to do. They could have some more challenging activities. They were cat friendly. It was more cozy than others people were sitting around talking. Dad hates the food but mom doesn't mind it. They have a lot of choices.

I recommend Somerset Gardens

We really love it she is in the memory care and she is doing so well there! I am so thrilled that she is there. This is great she is loving it. I would reccommend it to anyone. I can't even tell you how well she is doing there. I am thrilled with the memory care unit they are open to everything they have activities all the time. They do great things once a week with them they go out, I come all the time with my puppy, they love me to bring my puppy. I have to say they are doing wonerful they do exercises, and they always have things going on with them, they don't want them sitting in the room. They don't allow telephones in the room, so she wasn't callilng me all the time. They had an understanding and comprehension of how they act with dementia behavior. I am so thrilled with the people there they are very kind, loving, caring. If your loved one has dementia I recommend somerset gardens.

Feels like home

While my aunt is on the younger side at a spry 76 years, the residents are active and welcoming. Meals are well rounded and social, housekeeping is weekly and through, the staff is warm and friendly, and visiting is always a pleasant experience. I'm very pleased with this community and highly recommend seeing Leeann, for a tour. She is caring and knowledgable and really down to earth.

My Mother is Very Happy at Somerset!

I have no complaints at all. They run the facility perfectly. My mother adjusted so well. It's such a good feeling to see her happy like this. Everyone is so friendly. I highly recommend Somerset! I never thought my mother would be a person to join clubs or any thing but as soon as she moved in she went right to bingo and the next morning she went to exercise. She's really making the most out of her stay there and she loves having her own place.

After moving in my mom called me the next morning and said I can't thank you enough! They made her feel so welcome and the residents there are so welcoming too. They're really doing a great job. It's been a very good transition. My mom thanks me everyday!

affordable, no availability

affordable, no availability

It's fine...It's not the Hilton but i...

It's fine...It's not the Hilton but it was affordable for the care and services we needed.

my opinion

I found the residence to be very clean, appropriately quiet and very well lit. There are more than enough windows to the outside world as well as good interior lighting. The residents apprear to be quite content as they go about their daily routines.

$20 per day for meals...

$20 per day for meds. Studio $2760. Very informal kind of place. Should talk to Lee Ann. Good feeling from her.

Somerset Gardens Senior Living of Plainview, conveniently located off the Long Island Expressway, offers personalized assisted living in a warm and caring environment supervised 24 hours a day. Our elegant apartments and dedicated staff ensure that each resident enjoys the comforts of home. Additionally, our gracious common areas provide room for activities such as movies, billiards, music and book gatherings. Our Wellness Center provides personal care to residents as needed. Our living room program is a floor dedicated to individuals with Alzheimer's and other related memory impairment. It provides individualized care with dignity in a safe and secure environment.