Atria Shorehaven - Sterling Heights, MI

Atria Shorehaven Review

Friendly and courteous staff who really are interested in assisting Mom.

I wanted this to be my favorite based on its location. Many rooms overlook a lake with walking area around the lake. However the receptionist was uninfromed of our pre-scheduled visit even though my name was on the welcome signage at the front door. When informing the receptionist of this she snapped at me and made me feel that my family would not be welcome or comfortable here. Glad that there were not 2 bathrooms in the two bedroom apartments due to the handling of our arrival with the receptionist.

Kate Vance

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. I am sorry to hear that you were unhappy with your experience visiting our community. I invite you to call and share more about your concerns with the Executive Director of the community at [removed] or via email to [removed], as we continue working hard to provide exceptional customer service for our residents, their families and our guests.

Warm and welcoming. Great food and larger 1 bedroom

What I saw on my tour was very nice. I felt it was *too big* for my mother and she would've felt lost. Loved the pool, though!

My father's care

The care from this community is very nice. The staff are helpful and caring. My father does like the menu and the variety. They offer him a lot of good activities for him to participate with the other residents. The community is very clean. We would recommend this community and families might want to tour the community for the care of a loved one.

Love One In Good Hands

My love one is well here in this community. I do feel comfortable with their move to this community. He is safe, and in good hands. They have a lovely staff, and they are good at what they do. The community is well-kept, and they do a good job with the cleanliness. They provide nice meals, and offer good activities for the residents. This is a community I would recommend overall, it is working out well for us.

Five Star Community!!

I can not say enough great things about this community I have been very pleased with how things have been turning out for me. One of the best things they have to offer is the tasty meals. They have a wide variety and a menu too chose from every day. I have not had a chance to participate in the activity program but I am very much looking forward too it and the interaction with the other residents.

To big!

This community was very beautiful and nice. We really enjoyed it here and the staff were very nice and accommodating. The community was just on the larger side. That may have caused some problems for dad.

Loved it! Mom decided at the last minute she was not ready to move

My family is very much satisfied with Atria as a perfect choice for mom.
They exceed all expectations and all we see and experience is a very hard working, courteous,dedicated staff.
All residents are extremely active socially and there is always things of interest to do which is a big plus !

my dad has been there 1 week. so far things are going just fine. Hoping he will enjoy his new living situation. Time will tell.

Nice community!

My mom has only been there a week, but so far it has been a good experience. They've done a good job of making her feel welcome and helping her adjust to life in the community

Felt more institutional. Staff was very nice, though, and the facility is very clean

Mom is happy

We are really happy with Atria Shorehaven. The staff give really good attention there. They have a full schedule of activities although my mom is past the point of participating. I have no complaints about this facility. Mom is happy here.

Overall I really like Atria Shorehaven

Overall I really like Atria Shorehaven. My father is pretty difficult to deal with. He is a picky eater and they serve a lot of things with sauces and cheeses. He absolutely hates it. I would like to see more options of food available for him. It is really more him being picky than anything. They did work with us on serving him a bigger breakfast which was good. I think they could also improve their housecleaning. They seem to rush through very fast. I have had to clean myself when I am there visiting. Other than that everything is really nice. Compared to other places the value here is really good.

Very nice place!

Overall I think they do an excellent job here! The facility itself is attractive and well kept, and the staff are all very friendly and helpful. They have some great onsite care here, although unfortunately it is not quite at the level my spouse needs. The activities they provide here are beyond the 5 star rating, they have all sorts of activities and events for the residents!

Looked nice, not a great fit for us

We visited this community when we were looking into care options for a loved one. In terms of the facility itself this seemed like a nice place, the apartments had a nice spacious set up. However my loved one was not confident they'd be able to provide an appropriate level of care.

admin admin

We are sorry to hear that your loved one will not be staying with our community. If you would like to share suggestions on how we could improve, we welcome you to reach out to us directly at [removed]

Very nice place!

They do an excellent job at Atria Shorehaven! The staff are wonderful, eveyrone is very helpful, polite, and knowledgeable. The staff are also very present, you never need to look far to find someone to help you! My loved one is still having a few problems adjusting to this new environment, but they are working hard to help him feel comfortable. They also do a great job with the food here! Everything is homemade and the quality is excellent! Each meal has a few different choices available for main courses and soups, and they also have a few basic staples that are always available like hamburgers and hotdogs. Overall it is a very nice place, and I would highly recommend it!

Review of Atria Shorehaven Assisted Living in Sterling Heights, MI

I can envision both/either of my parents here, and enjoying it. I liked the higher percentage of men, there, because my dad is so social and would enjoy their company. I liked the activity/energy level of the residents. And I liked that they have a strong faith community there. I know my parents would enjoy having the little lake too. This is the kind of facility that I would hope we could use when the time comes.

ATRIA IMPRESSED US. WE PUT ...

ATRIA IMPRESSED US. WE PUT IT ON OUR LIST FOR THE FUTURE.

Very active community

Beautiful place. Very independent care. Best for high functioning seniors that want to live an active life style. Residents seem to be upper class.

This is a beautiful place a...

This is a beautiful place and I feel my mother-in-law would fit in perfectly here.

This was a very nice facili...

This was a very nice facility, very clean and friendly. We feel that this would have been a good place for the folks. They have a lot of activities going on and the residents we saw were having a good time. It was nicely decorated and very bright and welcoming.

They are terriffic.

They are terriffic. They were clean and friendly. They did a good job. They do have a limited amount of parking when friends and family come in. If more people attended they would have a hard time with parking, there is a mall nearby you could park at but that would be quite a hike over. The only thing really was when the people come and clean they don't dust behind things or pick up stuff. The maid service would get about a four. There were no major or constant complaints about the food.

Caring Staff and Great Food!

I love it! It is really a great place. What they provide is very good as far as their services and meals. The staff is very friendly and very helpful. They always call my mom by name. Any time she looks lost they stop and help her. My mom is in assisted living. They don't have a memory care unit, but she does have dementia. They are able to take care of her for now because they let you choose the level of care you'd like based on how many minutes you need help. The food is wonderful, I would like to eat there every night!

*3rd best

*3rd best

Very nice apartments, cont breakfast ...

Very nice apartments, cont breakfast lunch and dinner.

Nice apartment. Not a lot of common s...

Nice apartment. Not a lot of common space. Liked the emergency system and that aids had beepers. Liked that I was offered to use the model for 2 months to see if Mom would like.

I really liked the apartments at Atri...

I really liked the apartments at Atria Shorehaven and also the dining area. What impressed me was the view from the apartments overlooking the water as well as the dining area.

Gorgeous community but too close to t...

Gorgeous community but too close to the mall and traffic. Aunt D is hoping to drive and everything surrounding Atria is large parking lots and shopping. Enjoyed meeting Director.

Loved this one. Balconies on every un...

Loved this one. Balconies on every unit. Liked the storage space in the apt. I think my mom will like this one.

Atria Shorehaven is a peaceful, welcoming and established senior community. Residents enjoy diverse social activities and can relax by the nearby lake or take a stroll along the shoreline. Located in beautiful Sterling Heights, Atria Shorehaven is within minutes of fine dining and shopping.