Tender Reflections of Germantown - Germantown, WI

Confident mom is getting g good care

My mom has been here a couple months and so far we are happy with this home. I saw in the reviews complaints of no one being ar pi under but that hasn't happened when we visit. There has always been an attendant at the front door ..I have a keyfob so I don't need to be buzzed in but there has always been someone there. The door is secure so we don't have to worry about my mom getting out and getting lost. There have also been several workers around cleaning, serving food or putting together lo guzzles with residents. The rooms here are very small but my mom doesn't hang out in her room she likes to be out in the main area with the other residents. Yes it looks like they could vacuum alityle more in the dining area but other than that it seems clean enough to me. Will post again in another few .months but as of now we are happy with this residence and feel confident my mom is being cared for.

Very nice place

I saw the reviews after I moved my dad here and was worried I made a mistake. But when i have gone to visit there is someone a the desk who checks me in and also attendants on the floor . So i haven't seen anything negative. My dad seems very happy . He mostly sits and watches TV in the big livingroom with the other people but that is what he did at home too . Everyone from [name removed] to the other workers havealways been pleasant . So far we are happy with the facility. It is very pretty. Very reasonably priced and has been clean everytime I visit.

You'll be happier elsewhere.

Tender reflection could be a lot better but all they seem to be concerned about is money ; I see the owners responding but the responses are so fake it's not even funny. As for having someone as the front desk at all times, not true - their deforest location had no one at the front desk for months, they've also been open since August 2017 and have went through 3 administrators and nearly all the staff they began with, they gathered more residents than staff and were short staffed but refused to consider themselves short staffed and accused staff of just not being able to handle it instead - I've talked to [name removed] multiple times and out of the few times he was drunk.

Would not recommend

My mom was here for several months and that was much too long. Care was minimal, staff was totally unfriendly, never greeted anyone the times we visited. Food was not of a standard for elderly people. Residents constantly entering her room uninvited so that she had to lock her door. Would warn anyone to stay away from this place!

Staff Doesn't Care!!!

We were totally taken in by this beautiful, new facility, but looks are deceiving. The staff is totally uncaring. We were never greeted at the door, residents are wandering around with no supervision, the activity director clearly hates her job, the food is laughable for older people, and despite more than half the rooms unoccupied, they are cramming two residents in a room as small as a dorm room with no privacy whatsoever. My mom spent her days locked in her room watching TV, because there was nothing else to do, and residents were allowed to wander into her room. No one was ever at the nurses station on her wing to redirect dementia residents. this facility is clearly geared toward dementia and Alzheimer's, not assisted living. also, the cleaning was marginal with us having to clean her toilet. Do not send your loved one here! Her new facility is filled with loving, caring people that will keep my 92 year old mom engaged and safe. No wonder Tender Reflections is at less than half occupied while others have waiting lists. so sad! It could be wonderful with the right staff. The director couldn't even be bothered to say goodbye.

Wanda Wanda

We are glad to hear that you have found a place for your mom that meets with your expectations. Sometimes we are just not a good fit and the best course of action is to move on. Tender Reflections is focused on those suffering from Alzheimer's and Dementia where wondering is a behavior associated with the disease. We do encourage our caregivers to be mobile and engaged in cares rather than camped out behind a desk. We also promote the highest levels of independence with our residents rather than constantly hovering over them or trying to control their every step. While I am not aware of anyone that "hates" their job, I do know that it is very demanding to work in long term care where many times their efforts go unnoticed and hours are long. Our facility is designed specifically to limit audio and visual stimulation as a means to mitigate behaviors associated with Alzheimer's and Dementia. We also tend to engage residents in less robust activities than you might see in assisted living communities for the same reasons and do not force residents to participate. Cleaning is a never ending battle in memory care communities as most residents are incontinent and therefore, odors and overall cleanliness might not meet the same standards as you would expect in your home. That said, we are a new community and our secured building is very nice and inviting offering safety to those who are elopement risks and suffering from other related behaviors. While we are leasing up fast, we do continue to have rooms available and are available to provide tours to anyone needing a secure, comfortable and safe environment for their loved one suffering from Alzheimer's and Dementia.

Curt R. Crotty, MBA
[removed] Mobile

Staff was uncaring and ignored residents

When I tour a facility I like to arrive early and around meal time to see how the staff is. When I got here the staff was completely oblivious. They were uncaring and flat-out ignored the residents. I really didn’t like how they treated them. I was disappointed and ended up just leaving. I wouldn’t consider putting anyone here. It is a brand new facility and looked nice but the staff negated that. I do not recommend this facility.

Wanda Wanda

It sounds as though you tour a lot of buildings and may work in the industry, possibly as our competition. We have a full time receptionist at the front desk who greets everyone and it would have been near impossible for you to stand there for any amount of time without someone greeting you. You certainly would not have enough time to pass judgement on our staff, let alone brand them as uncaring. If you’re truly interested in learning about the care we provide for our residents, please visit the Department of Heath Services website and notice our stellar record of service. I would be happy to arrange a personal tour to help you truly assess our community.

Curt Crotty
CEO

Wife is happy here

This community is very very nice. And all the people who have visited has said that I couldn't have found a better place for her. The staff is helpful and very nice. My wife seems to have adapted well. They try to get her engaged in daily activities. The food is good I think she is eating better here than she did at home. They have reasonable pricing here and they accept family care and medicaid. It is very clean in there and they will do her laundry if she asks them to. I would recommend this community.

Wanda Wanda

Thank You for the response!! We appreciate your feedback!

Actively working with my mom

This community is very pretty and inviting, it is open and bright there are a lot of different amenities offered to the residents that my mom would enjoy. Since her move here her level of care has changed due to a stroke but the staff and the management have worked with us in her care needs plus she does have Hospice working with her and the staff now. I do feel that this community is a good fit for my mom and they are actively working to meet her needs.

Wanda Wanda

Thank You for your response!! We appreciate your feedback on how we are doing!

Community Was Too Small

When we toured this community I felt that it was too small for what would have been needed especially for my dad. However, I did not like the setup as to how the residents lived it was like college dorm style living more than one resident would share a bathroom and living space. The community was geared more towards residents with dementia and Alzheimers and not assisted living and that is what we needed for my dad. It's a relativity new community so everything appeared clean and nice.

Wanda Wanda

Tender Reflections is focused on those suffering from Alzheimer's and Dementia where wondering is a behavior associated with the disease. We also promote the highest levels of independence with our residents rather than constantly hovering over them or trying to control their every step. Our facility is designed specifically to limit audio and visual stimulation as a means to mitigate behaviors associated with Alzheimer's and Dementia. We also tend to engage residents in less robust activities than you might see in assisted living communities for the same reasons and do not force residents to participate. Our secured building is very nice and inviting offering safety to those who are elopement risks and suffering from other related behaviors. While we are leasing up fast, we do continue to have rooms available and are available to provide tours to anyone needing a secure, comfortable and safe environment for their loved one suffering from Alzheimer's and Dementia.

Curt R. Crotty, MBA

Tour for care

I toured this community for care. I did not find them to be able to answer my needs. They wanted a lot of information. This is a new community but seemed not to have a good environment. The rooms were not what were would be happy with. The staff was stand offish. They staff were not what I wanted for care. We would suggest that families tour the community.

Wanda Wanda

Thank you for your feedback. Obviously, we are not a good fit for everyone. During a tour, we do ask a lot of questions as a means to better help the family and ourselves determine if we are a suitable provider for the resident.

Curt R Crotty
ICM/SCG

Tender Reflections is a Great Place to put mom or dad!

My mom moved into Tender Reflections over 2 weeks ago and she has just flourished! She needs less care now than she did 2 weeks ago. It has had a very positive influence on her both physically and mentally!

It is a really beautiful facility with beautifully furnished bedrooms.

The staff is very nice and helpful.

Mom says the food is "fantastic".

Can't say enough about it!

Excellent Staff at this Community

I'am satisfied with my fathers move to this community, it is a really nice facility. They have an excellent staff here, and I know he is receiving good care. They have been attentive, and helpful. They do a good job with the cleanliness. When I visit his room, and the community are well maintained. Everything is working out well, and I would recommend this community.

A good community for care

This was a nice your. A new community. the staff gave us a nice tour. The menu was appealing and the community was clean inside and out. They had a lot of activities that are offered. It has a good feeling at this community and we recommend that other families tour the community for the care of this community

Absolutely Gorgeous!!

This community was so beautiful! I would highly recommend this place to anyone who is looking. I heard they are planning to build more in other locations as well. The rooms were very spacious and the place had a comfortable feel while we toured.

A New and Clean Community

Everything is nice here and the staff are nice too. My mom is happier being here. I picked this community because it looks nice and is clean. The smaller community is better and the atmosphere is good. She does not participate in the activities yet but she likes to be a spectator. My mom finishes her meals so it seems like she enjoys it.

They Really Go The Extra Mile!!

My wife and I are very happy with our decision to chose the Tender Reflections of Germantown because it has proven to be a great choice. [Removed] and [Removed] have been wonderful, as well as anyone else I've come in contact with. The place is always spotless and organized. On one of my visits, they were making sugar cookies and on another they were painting pumpkins which I thought was amazing. I am constantly raving about this place as well as about the service A Place for Mom has provided.

They use their residents as a prop in their marketing, making it seem like its a great place with activities when the residents are getting sub par care. The quality of the facility (or lack there of) is a Great Concern of ours.

Wanda Wanda

Thank you for your feedback. I am not sure what you are referencing regarding marketing...quality of care should be a concern and the best way to determine how a provider is doing in that area is to check them out on the DHS website. I think you will find that Tender Reflections is in great standing with DHS as it relates to quality of care.

Curt R Crotty