Ellen's Home South - Germantown, WI

I wish I would've had the foresight to see that this facility was not the right fit for my dad. They claim to serve people with dementia but we feel that they did not have the skill set to properly care for someone with dementia. There are certain techniques which should have been employed but they did not seem to understand that.
We feel that it takes a special person to care for the elderly and we did not feel that some staff Members had what it takes . The caring attitude needs to start from the top and work its way down.
We are giving two stars for the attractiveness of the facility and the good food they served.

Nice facility and very nice people. Had a suite available for Mom, but the pricing was a little higher than I had hoped.

Good Tour, but not The Right Fit for Us

I had a good tour of this community. I toured it for my father, and his needs. The community looked nice, and clean. The staff was kind, and friendly to my family, and myself. Unfortunately this wasn't the right fit for my father, and his needs.

A very nice community!

I think the place is great. The food that they serve is very good and they have some good activities such as exercise programs and crafts. The staff is very nice but I think they could be more encouraging on the activities. Also, my loved one is very alert, and I feel that they should have more activities that are for residents in the same position.

They have an area where they keep live birds!!

I was a little unhappy that the cost went up when dad moved into the community. The staff are really nice. Dad liked the food, however they do offer small portions. The community is really clean. They offer numerous daily activities that he enjoyed.

Good Looking Community

This was very nice community I toured. The facility looked very nice and well maintained. The staff was very pleasant during the tour. They do offer nice activities for the residents. They do have a waiting list, but other then that I would recommend it.

So very caring

Ellen’s home is so warm caring and loving to their patients that I don’t even to worry about anything. My loved one just stayed in her bed, but now she’s up and active all the time. The food is awesome - it’s like restaurant quality food.

Decent care. Good food most of the t...

Decent care. Good food most of the time. Manager is competent and does respond to any issue asked about. B plus rating.

Very homey! A nice place t...

Very homey! A nice place that you feel very confident having your parents at this home. The rooms did not really fit our needs although 2 rooms next to each other would probably work. This home is rather expensive, $4000 each person however it does include all of their wants and needs.

Ellen's appears to be a very nice pla...

Ellen's appears to be a very nice place that has quality staff who care about their residents. Communication is fairly good with family members as to the status of what is going on.
Mom has only been there a short time so it's difficult to share experiences at this point in time.

Amazing Director!

They were fantastic! I wanted my mother there so bad! It was maybe 10 minutes tops from my house. What really impressed me was the director, Elaine. She was just phenomenal. She took the time to talk to me and she even went to the hospital to do an evaluation of my mom. She worked really hard to get us in there. I thought she was really great. She seemed to really care.