Sanctuary at St. Paul's - South Bend, IN

Sanctuary at St. Paul's - South Bend, IN has yet not published prices.

Unethical and immoral facility.

My mother was a resident in the Independent section of the facility. For the most part, things were fine until my mother started having medical problems. From the onset of those issues, the care she rec'd there was horrible. She was hospitalized and then returned to the nursing care/rehab section until she was deemed well enough and could return back to her independent living apt. Funny how she needed the most allowed Medicare billable days. She had an allergic reaction while she was in nursing care- a reaction to the laundry detergent used for the bed sheets and was living in the hell of a thousand itches- a full body rash while trying to recover from her recent hospitalization. It took the staff a WEEK to figure it out. It was someone high up in management who immediately knew what the issue was - so apparently this had happened before, but the staff apparently had no knowledge of this. My siblings and I live out of town and had medical power of attorney. We asked that they contact one of us in the evenings so that we could know how she was progressing- we never got the promised call backs. The staff- one manager specifically, was nasty when we started asking questions about things that were and were not happening with my mother's care. This person was very young and obviously had had no training / prior experience, either that or she was just really horrible at her job. She lacked professionalism, people skills and common decency. I looked her up on social media and found dozens and dozens of photos of her drinking/partying, it appeared to be her only hobby. I can only guess that she got her job through nepotism. I would not send my worst enemy to this facility, much less someone I loved. It disgusts me even more that the facility is named after a saint. There was nothing Christian about the care she was given and how my family was treated. I would give no stars, but the lowest I could give was one star.

Anyone want to work?

This place did not have enough staff to be able to take care of the residents. They said that if my loved one needed extra help that I would have to pay for someone to come in and sit with him at night because they are under staffed. The CNA's are wonderful and do there best, but the administrative office is not helpful at all. I do like that they have a gazebo for the residents.

St.Pauls does not care for their residents.

St.Pauls/ St.Joseph Health Systems is a horrible place to have your loved one. Lately, St.Pauls is running more commercials about "because We Care". Talking to residents who live at St.Pauls this is not true. Someone had fallen and the nurse came in to give the resident her medication. Instead of helping the resident get up she started to give her the medication. Why because they don't have time to care for the resident. They staff according how much money the directors can put in their pocket. The food is horrible. They serve hamburgers and corn beef that might as well be a piece of leather. Not to easy to eat if you have dentures. All the vegetables are roasted or raw. The soup is always salty. They run out of food everyday. The toaster breaks it is not replaced. The griddle brakes and is not replaced. The coffee pot breaks and is not fixed in a timely manner. There is a menu outside the vineyard that is so out of date. Looks good to a potential resident! All of the above issues have been brought to the executive directors attention many many times. If you want to hear from more residents attend Assisted Living Coffee Hour at 10am the last Tuesday of the month. Located in the 2East Living Room. Lastly, the resident is given a pendant to press if they need assistance. Nine times out of ten it takes 20 , 30 or not at all to respond to your need. This is the reality at St.Pauls. I hope this review helps your decision.

Assissted Living Residents Neglected

St. PAULS Assisted living does not staff according to your loved ones needs. They have one LPN and 2 CNA's for 47 residents! What happens if your loved one falls or if someone has to go to the hospital or if someone returns from the hospital? What then? You quessed it, the 40 plus residents have to all wait for their medications or the above have to wait. If you happen to press your pendant for assistance in Assisted living good luck! The response time for assistance may be 30 min to an one hour! Or may not respond at all. We have brought this issue to the director of the facility and nothing ever changes. St.Pauls should be ashamed to call themselves faith based business.

Wish we could have stayed

My mom lived here for about 4 years in independent living and she loved this place. She was in the choir and all sorts of activities and made lots of friends but her Alzheimer's was getting worse, they had varying levels of care so when she fell she went from zero to their maximum level of care and it wasn't a lock down so she was getting out in the night. We knew we were going to have to move her from that because her alzheimers was getting worse so we were going to move her to a different part of Saint Pauls but after her fall (in the Alzheimer's unit you had to be ambulatory which was amazing but I think it's because it's an older facility and they couldn't get wheelchairs through the door) but she progressed to the point where she couldn't be here anymore.

A sense of community and security. The freedom to do as you choose. That’s what life is like at Sanctuary at St. Paul’s. With residential options to fit your lifestyle now and in the future, our faith-based, senior living community gives you the chance to make the most of your life.

We’re a faith-based, Continuing Care Retirement Community (CCRC) with many different living options and services, including:

Independent Living
Assisted Living
Nursing Care
Memory Care
Rehabilitation Services
Healthy Living

Our residents enjoy everything from grabbing a bite with friends at the Bistro to taking up a new hobby like the Handbell Choir. Or maybe you’d like to learn Chi Gong exercise. The choice is yours.

With complimentary transportation, wonderful meals, a wellness center and so much more, everything is right at your fingertips. We invite you to stop in for a personal tour today to see how wonderful life can be at Sanctuary at St. Paul’s.

Sanctuary at St. Paul’s is owned and operated by Trinity Senior Living Communities, a leading advocate of holistic, individual-first senior care.