Tamarac Rehabilitation & Health Care Center - Tamarac, FL

Tamarac Rehabilitation & Health Care Center - Tamarac, FL has yet not published prices.

• Skilled Nursing
  • Short Term Rehab

Appalling behavior by staff

My Mother arrived there last night. She is terminally ill on top of fracturing a bone in her leg. She had a bowel movement and made a mess and asked for assistance because she cannot move on her own. The nurse came in a berated her. To the point she cried. My mom feels terrible enough as it is. She is mortified at what is occurring with herself and the staff there has absolutely no compassion. No patience and no business taking care of ill, elderly or injured patients. Absolutely appalling and disgusting!

Review of Tamarac Rehabilitation and Health Care Center

Overall, I'm really happy. From what I see, everyone is very encouraging. It's been a blessing. I haven't had any big communication with PT and OT yet, but overall the communication is excellent. We're very happy.

Review of Tamarac Rehabilitation and Health Care Center

They've been great to my father! The building is older and could use some cleanliness.

Review of Tamarac Rehabilitation and Health Care Center

I appreciated them giving me a shave very much. She gave me a sense of warmth and was interested in my care. I was getting tired of the same meal every meal.

Review of Tamarac Rehabilitation and Health Care Center

It's a really nice place. The staff was very nice, kind and attentive to my loved one. Everyone was very friendly. He's not easy to please when it comes to meals but from what I've seen they look okay.

Review of Tamarac Rehabilitation and Health Care Center

They took good care of me and the staff was very nice. It was very clean. The meals were good and I enjoyed the meals. The staff always say good morning and good evening.

Overall, it was good.

It was great.

Review of Tamarac Rehabilitation and Health Care Center

Everybody is really helpful and they do their job and they do it properly. The staff works hard and it's a hard job. They're all friendly while they're doing their job. It's very clean, they keep it very neat, I'm impressed. If I have something to ask I go to them and they can help me.

Review of Tamarac Rehabilitation and Health Care Center

My mom has just been getting good care, physical therapy every day, and she seems to be happy. The first night was a little rough with her roommate but once that roommate left it's been good. Everyone is very nice. The staff keep me informed and call me and let me know what's going on.

Review of Tamarac Rehabilitation and Health Care Center

My loved one enjoyed their stay at Tamarac!

Review of Tamarac Rehabilitation and Health Care Center

Everyone seems to be very attentive. We take my loved one food every day. Their food looks very delicious and well presented. They have improved their response times when the call button is pressed.

Review of Tamarac Rehabilitation and Health Care Center

They keep the trashcans empty and the meals are good.

Review of Tamarac Rehabilitation and Health Care Center

They take wonderful care of my loved one! Every one of them is wonderful! They made me feel at home and have taken wonderful care of her! It's very clean, and they keep it clean! It's spotless and absolutely perfect! I don't know how to get information from the therapists.

Review of Tamarac Rehabilitation and Health Care Center

It’s great! The rehab is so good! The food is not bad, most of the time. I'm just comfortable here. They are very kind to me. Some days the meals are OUTSTANDING! Those days I say "they have a great cook." The exercises are very, very good. My neighbor even says it's the best thing about this place.

Review of Tamarac Rehabilitation and Health Care Center

It is okay and I have not heard anything negative. My loved one is being taken care of nicely. The woman taking care of him was caring and polite. I met one or two aides who are nice and caring. I found it to be clean.

Review of Tamarac Rehabilitation and Health Care Center

So far everything looks good. I have no complaints about the service. There are always a few things that could be better.

Review of Tamarac Rehabilitation and Health Care Center

The staff was nice, kind, and polite. The communication is good. The social worker answered my questions.

Review of Tamarac Rehabilitation and Health Care Center

Although one or two of the staff were nice, the response time was extremely lacking. I would recommend them for rehab, but not for anything else. One nurse was excellent and others weren't. The cleanliness of the rooms was not good. They do empty the garbage religiously, but they were not cleaning the floors. The food service was horrible. They would jump to whenever you asked a question, but they don't always pass the question down to the staff who could answer or help.

Review of Tamarac Rehabilitation and Health Care Center

My mother was pretty displeased across the board. She was not pleased in particular with some of the personnel. They had really great communication and whenever I contacted the facility the staff was always very explicit and helpful.

Review of Tamarac Rehabilitation and Health Care Center

We had a few issues with my loved one's roommate. There was not the best with communication but there may be a language barrier. They prepare their fish differently, it looked like fried chicken. I think I have only met with his nurse once. They are always rushing out on you. The person who has been the most informative is one of the techs.

Review of Tamarac Rehabilitation and Health Care Center

The place is very clean and the people are personable. The physical therapy and occupational therapy has been wonderful. My dad is thrilled with them. He's been making more progress with them than he has in the last year. They're good about splitting up the sessions because he can't handle them back to back. He feels much more confident about being independent because of their therapy. They're very friendly, pleasant, and attentive, they take very good care of him. They scrubbed his room from top to bottom and it's very clean. Its hospital food, I don't think there's much you can do about that. When I offer to bring him food that he's used to eating he says no, that he'll eat what they give him. There's been no communication.

Review of Tamarac Rehabilitation and Health Care Center

The nurses are as good as gold during the day and they dispense the medications. There is no parking during the day. They try to keep it clean. The food was not good.

Review of Tamarac Rehabilitation and Health Care Center

The staff are very friendly. My uncle loves the meals. The communication was terrible

Review of Tamarac Rehabilitation and Health Care Center

It seems like the staff isn't motivated to help my loved one so he can improve. The staff are all extremely patient and friendly. That means a lot. Even the ones that aren't on his ward are all extremely friendly. The hallways are always really clean. They change the bedding every day. The food is, institution food, and you can't expect a gourmet meal. But overall the food is good and healthy. I haven't really had any communication on his care.

Review of Tamarac Rehabilitation and Health Care Center

He was not getting any attention for a long time yesterday. He called many times for help and he was wet. The nurses and staff are very friendly. He is satisfied so far and it is only the third day. They are very friendly. There is a day nurse who provides great care. It is clean. The meals are pleasant. There was one nurse who talked with me.

Review of Tamarac Rehabilitation and Health Care Center

They have no customer service. I was very disappointed. I did not like the place. There were some nice ladies there and some that had attitudes.

Review of Tamarac Rehabilitation and Health Care Center

The attentiveness of the nurses and staff need to improve. What's going on with my loved one, has not been communicated with me.

Review of Tamarac Rehabilitation and Health Care Center

The therapy was good for my loved one. The staff is constantly cleaning and keep the place very clean. The communication is especially poor with the dietary department. A majority of his meals have not fit his care plan. We continued to speak to staff about not giving him certain things but they continuously kept serving them.

Review of Tamarac Rehabilitation and Health Care Center

The head nurse that made decisions was very good and attentive to our needs and our loved one's needs. She was on the ball! Some of the nurses were slow, and not personable. The cleanliness was good but his room needs to be redone because there are blemishes on the walls and sink area.

Review of Tamarac Rehabilitation and Health Care Center

I'm unsure of my loved one's schedule. I would like updates on his health and whereabouts.

Review of Tamarac Rehabilitation and Health Care Center

Overall, my loved one's experience went well! Some of the staff members could use more compassion with the patients. The cleanliness could also improve. They need to clean the rooms every single day. If the patients drop something on the floor, they aren't going to be able to pick it up.

Review of Tamarac Rehabilitation and Health Care Center

I like Tamarac. The staff are all friendly and provide great care! One of the nurses really communicates well. I call them and if they need to tell me something, they do.

Review of Tamarac Rehabilitation and Health Care Center

I saw a lot of progress from my loved one! The rehab services were excellent! Most of the time the communication was excellent and his nurse was very good with communication! In general, the staff was very supportive and provided great care. Sometimes, he felt it took a long time for someone to answer his call light. The place was very clean but he did not like the food.

Review of Tamarac Rehabilitation and Health Care Center

Overall, my loved one's experience went well but they could have been more in touch with me about her care.

Review of Tamarac Rehabilitation and Health Care Center

My loved one is doing better! The staff care is pretty good and they are very friendly! They call and communicate with me if they have to do anything.

Review of Tamarac Rehabilitation and Health Care Center

My loved one said it was okay. I would recommend it! He said that they treated him very well. They were very friendly. It was very clean.

Review of Tamarac Rehabilitation and Health Care Center

The level of care they've been giving my loved one is excellent! They've been really good at communication and the therapy services were good! They could freshen up the place a little bit, it has an old feel.

Review of Tamarac Rehabilitation and Health Care Center

I'm very, very pleased with the staff and their attentiveness to us and my loved one. We're seeing the improvement from the therapy services too! The nurses are the ones that call me whenever she wants to speak with me or if there are any issues. They call me right away, they let me know if anything happens.

Review of Tamarac Rehabilitation and Health Care Center

I'm so glad I was transferred here. The cleanliness was excellent, and I would give it a 10 out of 5 if I could! The meals were good too and when you get something you don't like, you can order something else! Sometimes it took a while to get results or feedback from a few staff members.

Review of Tamarac Rehabilitation and Health Care Center

The staff is very attentive and they do everything right! The cleanliness is perfect!

Review of Tamarac Rehabilitation and Health Care Center

The therapy is good. There is an improvement in my loved one's ability to walk.

Review of Tamarac Rehabilitation and Health Care Center

I like that they keep her busy and get her out of bed and get her dressed. She responds to their therapy. The nurses are awesome. I think they're friendly. The dining experience is very good for them.

Review of Tamarac Rehabilitation and Health Care Center

My loved one seems to be very pleased with the work they do there. She likes their food and they answer questions. She said the therapy is working and she is feeling better.

Review of Tamarac Rehabilitation & Health Care Center

Overall, our experience was excellent!

Review of Tamarac Rehabilitation & Health Care Center

Overall, our experience has been excellent. The nursing care is good. The meals are fair. They have been fair about keeping me informed.

Review of Tamarac Rehabilitation & Health Care Center

Overall, our experience is good. Their rehab therapy services are very good. My physical therapy was excellent. The staff is excellent and willing to help. One staff member took care of me every morning and washed me up. Their nursing care was excellent. They were great at keeping me informed.

Review of Tamarac Rehabilitation & Health Care Center

The rehab therapists have gotten my loved one able to be up and around. Sometimes, the staff gets too busy to meet our needs. The staff is very great. The facility is clean with no smells and nothing on the floors. They do call me, so they have been good at keeping me informed.

Review of Tamarac Rehabilitation & Health Care Center

Tamarac was very good. As soon as we arrived they calmed my mom. They have treated my mom with love and with a smile on their faces. The staff was good. The social worker helped us as well. The wound care nurse, she was very informative and took good care of my mom. One of the nurse's aides was great. My loved one is very picky. She likes sweet stuff. She was tired of hospital food, but they brought good food because I saw it. It was always on time. If lunch was at 12 she had lunch at 12. If she requested something different, they would bring it from the kitchen. The wound nurse was very good. She was very informative regarding the concerns about my mom. Honesty was always on their mind. When we had to move my mom to a more specialized facility, they gave me all the help and information they could for the transfer.

Review of Tamarac Rehabilitation & Health Care Center

It is quite pleasant. There was not a lot of rehab for my loved one. Also, staff care was very good. All around she had a very pleasant experience there. The nurses are very good. They attended to her needs when she requested them. She liked two of the nurses' aides. She gave a gift to them. The head nurse was very attentive and sweet. The communication for transportation for my loved one into the facility was poor.

Review of Tamarac Rehabilitation & Health Care Center

The staff is very nice. The facility is very clean, it just needs an update. It's an old facility. My loved one said the food was okay. Communication was not so great. They don't communicate with me. I have to ask to get information.

Review of Tamarac Rehabilitation & Health Care Center

Tamarac is a happy place. My cousin is writing a thank you letter to them. She said everything was successful and they gave her the exercises she needed and on the road to recovery. Everything is working. The staff was phenomenal and they were sweet, nice, kind and professional. They are wonderful people. Even the front desk people smiled and were helpful. They were all good and perfect. The front desk laughed and joked. They were cooperative and gave great information about my cousin. The person who checked her out was an older delightful person. They were magnificent there. The nurses were really good. It is an older building. The shower facilities do not have a place to sit down to shower. They just sprayed her. The meals were okay and they brought a salad and what she wanted. The nutritionist did not see her in the first or second day. They did give her meals for her medical condition for her diet. They were wonderful with communication about my cousin.

Review of Tamarac Rehabilitation & Health Care Center

The therapy services are great! They are getting me walking again. There is a young, blonde lady in the therapy department. She has been working with me and doing a good job! They have pretty good meals.

Review of Tamarac Rehabilitation & Health Care Center

Overall, our experience has been good. The nursing care is pretty good.

Review of Tamarac Rehabilitation & Health Care Center

Everything went really well during my stay at Tamarac. I would recommend the facility. The therapy services are excellent! The nursing care was wonderful! Those girls and fellows are so good and so patient! We had our favorites throughout the shifts but really anyone that helped out was fantastic! Those staff members were always cleaning. They do a beautiful job keeping up with everything whether it is cleaning, mopping, picking up, throwing out. They are just always cleaning! The meals were the only negative thing I could mention is the food. The meals were terrible. Even the presentation of the food was poor. The only decent thing was something packaged that did not come from the facility. The communication was good no complaints with that really good in fact.

Review of Tamarac Rehabilitation & Health Care Center

I would definitely recommend the facility. I have not had a bad experience at all with the staff but on the first day, my sister-in-law did with one of the staff members. My loved one has not been eating because of her condition but my brother tried one of the meals and he thought it was very good.

Review of Tamarac Rehabilitation & Health Care Center

Overall, our experience has been great. I think they do not make a lot of effort when the patient declines the rehab therapy services. Sometimes it does seems like it does not matter to them because either way they still collect the money. We have met some really great staff members and then some not really great staff members that are simply there to collect a paycheck. I question some of the food choices my loved one is given. I can't understand why you would serve corn on the cob to someone that has dentures.

Review of Tamarac Rehabilitation & Health Care Center

Overall, our experience has been great. They provide my loved one with excellent CAs. The staff is very friendly

Review of Tamarac Rehabilitation & Health Care Center

The staff was nice to me and pleasant. They are short staffed and he has to wait forever for help. If you want to talk with them you have to wait for them to get off of the phone. The nurses were pleasant. The facility is pretty clean. My loved one does not care for the food at all. I did not speak to anyone that could tell me about his care. They were on the phone when I asked about his care and I did not want to stand in the hall to wait for them.

Review of Tamarac Rehabilitation & Health Care Center

Everything seems to be good for my husband. The therapy is going well and he is improving. I am very satisfied with this. The service is good with the exception with when he calls for help there is a delay or long wait to get changed or to be placed back in bed after physical therapy. He has to sit in the wheelchair for 45 minutes to an hour for help. All of the staff are friendly but there is an attitude from time to time from the CNA's. All of the nurses I have encountered provide good care. The place is very clean. He gets his meals in his room and they are fine. Sometimes he does not care for what is available. They give assistance if he needs help. I would like to know what is happening or what is coming up and I have not gotten that information. I always have to ask the nurses how he is doing and they answer my questions if they know the answer.

Review of Tamarac Rehabilitation & Health Care Center

I am very disappointed with Tamarac. The staff is not friendly. The nurses do not listen to him. Yesterday was the first time the doctor came to his room. The nurses also didn't assist my loved one to the bathroom when requested. The cleanliness was adequate. The meals aren't great. He lives on ginger ale and ice cream or some breakfast. Communication was poor. Unless I go around asking, and making a rumpus, no one tells us anything.

Review of Tamarac Rehabilitation & Health Care Center

They need a lot of improvements at Tamarac. If I tried to go to the bathroom at night, they would scold me. I felt disrespected. The male physical therapists, in the beginning, had some trouble with the women patients. Those guys were okay after that initial hurdle. They referred to me as hard-case. The aides completely ignored us. Well, not all of them. Some were okay. I heard a 90-year-old woman was left in her diaper all day long. Also, I would hear patients calling out all night for help. Half the time I couldn't sleep. They were not so great at getting us our medication. They would be cleaning the bathroom during the middle of the night. The food was not bad. They gave us too much chicken.

Review of Tamarac Rehabilitation & Health Care Center

I love the rehab! It is excellent and helping him every day It is really good. The staff is nice and the night staff is pretty awesome. You have some good staff members there. The nursing staff is wonderful too. He never eats in his bedroom but others do and there is a bug situation. My loved one is not happy with their meals. Not too much forthcoming communication. I do have to ask.

Review of Tamarac Rehabilitation & Health Care Center

Staff care could be improved. My husband's comp socks were filthy. I told them I need this done a specific way. Also, my husband has been there for two weeks and only just received a shower after having to make a fuss. There was no write up about the doctor visit. They could not find the notation from the doctor. They have no smell at all and it is kept so clean. I did see a bug though. My husband is eating their meals. Their communication has lacked follow-up.

Review of Tamarac Rehabilitation and Health Care Center

They are best! Everyone helpful and nice. They help me to walk after my fall. Therapy is all good. The nursing, the food, the aides, all very good. Except for the coffee. They have lousy coffee. It's not home cooking. The communication is all very good.

Review of Tamarac Rehabilitation and Health Care Center

It is well staffed, very clean, and fantastic with patients. They treat them individually. They walk in and clean, always. If my loved one is in pain, they're there to help. She just had a procedure and is already up and walking! The staff have all been fantastic. They call daily, which is very good. All the nurses communicate with us when we are there. There is not enough good things to say about about them!

Review of Tamarac Rehabilitation and Health Care Center

They have been very helpful. They brought my loved one lunch when he missed it. The nurses are very helpful. The staff are very friendly. The place is clean. Lunch looked good today and my loved one enjoyed it.

Review of Tamarac Rehabilitation and Health Care Center

My loved one is having a great experience. We are very happy with the facility. The nurses have phenomenal communication. Usually in places like this patients tend to get bed sores, but she does not have any! They take such great care of her. The aides are always making sure she is comfortable. I have been particularly impressed with their communication skills. They make phone calls to me regarding any changes as well as updates. I receive information in the mail pertaining to the monthly staff meetings which is very nice. Overall, the communication has really been excellent from the facility!

Review of Tamarac Rehabilitation and Health Care Center

The staff is very friendly, they took good care of my loved one. Rehab therapy has been very helpful. Too many of her nurses to name were good. The gave too much food. I was not crazy about the kind of food but some she liked. They told us what we need to know every step of the way. Therapy has been good and nursing kept us informed.

Review of Tamarac Rehabilitation and Health Care Center

My loved one is there for rehab therapy. They are treating her good and she likes the facility. They help her. She does not like the food. They are clean.

Review of Tamarac Rehabilitation and Health Care Center

The staff have been very nice, and they take good care of my mom. I appreciate them. They are attentive to my requests. I want to give credit to the DON. She was paying attention to me and helped me. The evening shift nurses are very nice and attentive.

Review of Tamarac Rehabilitation and Health Care Center

The therapy has been very good. My loved one seems satisfied and is getting along well.

Review of Tamarac Rehabilitation and Health Care Center

Everything was fine, but the food was terrible. They did not cater to my loved one's medical dietary needs. The choices were not great. The overall quality was just very poor.

Review of Tamarac Rehabilitation and Health Care Center

I think in general the facility is very clean and well taken care of. The people are very caring and the administrators are as well. I like the receptionist and the director of nursing.

Review of Tamarac Rehabilitation and Health Care Center

The care is good. The food could be better, but everything else is fine. Everyone seems friendly. I have to call to ask ask doctor to ask what my loved one's condition is. It'd be nice if they called me and let me know and kept me posted.

Review of Tamarac Rehabilitation and Health Care Center

I expect when I come see my husband, he will not be in his pajamas. He would prefer a room by himself. He is in the bed all the time and only comes out for rehab. In the hospital there was a chair for him to sit in. The people are nice, and the nurses are really good. The staff are very friendly. My husband says the food is not good. He was not eating at the beginning so I went to the dietitian and he made a list, and they made him some different food.

Review of Tamarac Rehabilitation and Health Care Center

The experience was good. The meals, the staff, and the cleanliness were excellent.

Review of Tamarac Rehabilitation and Health Care Center

My loved one has not complained generally, except for about one nurse. She said it took a long time getting help to the bathroom and getting medication on time. I spoke with the therapists and they are nice and professional. The nurses seem friendly and caring. The facility felt and looked clean. They do not have adequate parking. She has not complained about and food, and she said it is plentiful. She even gets plenty for dessert. I like one staff member who talked with me over the phone and gave me updates. She helped with medications. She made me feel at ease with what is going on.

Review of Tamarac Rehabilitation and Health Care Center

Everything seems to be good. My only complaint is there are no stairs there to practice on. The nurses are all pleasant. The meals are bland.

Review of Tamarac Rehabilitation and Health Care Center

I feel as though the nurses do not act as quickly as they should in terms of the necessary care that needs to be provided. I believe they are well staffed and it comes down to my mother not being a very vocal resident, therefore the staff is not as attentive as they probably could be with her. Social services are excellent! I have worked with them throughout this process. The social services has done a great job. The facility seems to sometimes not reach out properly. Although I am out of state I still have the proper directions and information for her care therefore I wish they would reach out to me first.

Review of Tamarac Rehabilitation and Health Care Center

The director of nursing is great. I feed my loved one and taste the food and its excellent.

Review of Tamarac Rehabilitation and Health Care Center

So far the care is good, but they did not change my loved one or get her into the bathroom for a while. The facility is clean, and my loved one enjoys the meals.

Review of Tamarac Rehabilitation and Health Care Center

It seems as though they have a great deal of staff members who maybe do not want to necessarily be there. They are not helpful and lack a friendly attitude. The aides overall tend to have a negative attitude; however, my mother's aide last night came in with a big smile wanting to help. We asked her for a favor and not only did she take care of it right away but she also returned when she said she would. She is great!

Review of Tamarac Rehabilitation and Health Care Center

My loved one wants to go home. Over all, there are good attributes and bad attributes. When he needs help they do not come and help him right away. He enjoys the therapy. When I am there the nurses are good. I think the food looks good, but he said the food sucks. The communication is fine.

Review of Tamarac Rehabilitation and Health Care Center

They are not staffed well enough. There is only 1 doctor. We were told she would be there between 9 and 10 AM and she did not come until the afternoon, so we missed her. The doctor is over worked. Therapy seems good. They are pushing my mom pretty hard. But she is making progress. The therapists care, but they are understaffed and over worked. No one came in one time my mom was having a medical issue. The aides are pretty good. Everyone is very caring, and everyone smiles. It is clean, and it looks good.

Tamarac Rehabilitation & Health Center is dedicated to providing the best services for you or your loved one. Our compassionate staff are redefining the ABCs of health care in a person-centered, home-like environment that aims to maximize independence.

Our services include post-operative care, respite care, long term care, restorative nursing, and hospice programs. Our skilled nurses and licensed therapists specialize in stroke recovery, prosthetic training, cardiac disease, pulmonary disease, surgical recovery, pain management, wound care, and I.V. therapy among many other conditions and treatments. We are also able to provide in-house dialysis and in-house radiology.