Review of Sunshine Manor - Placerville, CA

Older home halls are everywhere doorways small. Not enough bathrooms rooms very small. Yard not all safe for walkers. I would not recommend for an active client

old victorian home that is up kept

The staff is really good. It is an older Victorian home that is kept up.

A Great fit for Mom

A Place for Mom was very helpful in getting us an appointment for viewing Sunshine Manor. We found Sunshine Manor to be warm and inviting as soon as we arrived. They are a small group of caregivers that really have a heart for the seniors. Sunshine is like being in a home with dining tables and a living room with enough recliners for everyone, private rooms and a shared bath all updated with pretty tile and a relaxing patio to enjoy the Sunshine.
Healthy menus are served with all fresh ingredients. Mom has a lot of choices in what to do to fill her time that she didn't have at the big institutional facility in Placerville. This is definitely a more individual fit and more attention and love.

We didn't think this was very nice.

We didn't think this was very nice. It was dirty looking, the kitchen was dirty and they had not picked up after they had eaten, and that had been a while ago. The rooms were not very nice. It was not a very friendly looking place, definitely not for us. The residents all seemed really chipper, and happy though.

Has 3 Bathrooms but They Only Use One

I did not like the look of this one. It was very dreary and depressing to be in. They had three bathrooms but they only used one. I can understand that you want to centralize the bathing facility but I thought it was odd. Don't tell me you have three bathrooms if you only use one. Also - it's a personal thing - but the lady there had really long fingernails and I just thought that would difficult to do eldercare with really long fingernails.

My wife and I toured the facility twi...

My wife and I toured the facility twice and had several conversations with the staff before deciding it was the best place for my wife's sister. The staff is both knowledgeable and friendly. The facility itself is well kept. I would like to see more activities for the residents.

Make it home

We chose Sunshine Manor because a friend of ours had a previous good experience with them and it was A Place for Mom suggestion. It compared favorably to other communities in the area. They had immediate availability. It is a very pleasant community. They are really good with letting the residents decorate their rooms the way they want they can pretty much do anything to it to make it feel like their own home.

Clean, nice. No Spanish-speaking care...

Clean, nice. No Spanish-speaking caregivers. Rate $3000.00

Sunshine Manor is a charming assisted living residence located in the heart of El Dorado County. Our 14-bed country home has recently undergone numerous upgrades and improvements. We graciously provide services for both ambulatory and non-ambulatory residents in either private or semi private rooms. Many rooms offer private patio areas.

We are located in Placerville off Highway 50. We are within walking distance to downtown Placerville for shopping and restaurants and are only two blocks from Marshall Hospital and most local Physicians.