Brookdale Auburn - Auburn, CA

Brookdale Auburn - Auburn, CA has yet not published prices.

I toured this community

I went on a tour here and the staff was so nice and sweet.
They answered all of my questions. It was a nice and clean place it just wasn't a good fit for mom. I would recommend families tour communities before making a decision.

Less than desirable

I moved into Brookdale Auburn because I was in need of a home fast and I wish I would’ve looked harder for somewhere else. I haven’t been impressed with anything here. Everything you ask them to do, they charge you for. I told them before I moved in that I had specific hygiene things that I needed help with and they have not done anything that I need. I’ve been left alone more than once to get dressed myself and have been left alone in the bathroom for long amounts of time. They’re massively understaffed, 2 people for 2 wards, and the rest of the staff constantly leaves early because they’re “sick”. I haven’t lived here long, only about 4 weeks, and these are things I’m already noticing. Their food is good, the kitchen staff is great at giving out lots of different options for us. The housecleaning woman they’ve employed does a really good job at keeping everything tidy, taking out the trash regularly, and doing laundry consistently. There are a few activities like musical programs and bingo, however recently I experienced a quarrel between 2 residents that was not stopped by the staff because they were waiting on the “person in charge”. They’re constantly in a hurry and don’t seem to be attentive to the needs of the residents. There’s just no personal touch for the amount of money that’s being paid. Unless they can clean up their act, I would not recommend this place to anyone.

Problems

The staff at Brookdale (Auburn.CA) was wonderful. However the billing was and is a disaster!!!

Tour for care

We liked the tour from this community. We found that the staff is nice and helpful. They had a list of nice activities for all of the residents who could participate. This community is clean with a nice atmosphere. they have a good menu and a nice list of activities. We wanted a bigger community but would recommend that families tour this community for the good care of a loved one.

My father's care

We like this community for good care that my father is getting from this community. The staff are attentive and caring to his needs. This is a clean enviroment and we are happy with the healthy meals on the menu. They offer activiites for my father to participate. I like know that he is in a good community for good care and a good value.

Anyone under 70 requires regional approval. Average age is 85. This is a much more elderly, less active community.

Fantastic representative. Tour was excellent. The place was so clean, fresh and active. I wish this one was closer to the location I need for my mother.

Seems like a 5 star

My loved one is doing very well since her move. The people there are bending over backward to make things work financially. They have worked with us. The facility itself is is like a 5-star resort, they take good care of her and it has been a good fit. The other residents are friendly.

I seen a lot of communities for tours. This was not the best fit for us. The person who gave us the tour was on time. I got to see all they have to offer and felt they can be more welcoming and warmer.

Spacious studios and friendly, knowledgeable staff!

This was the first place we toured and my mother loved the lady who showed us around. She was upbeat, friendly and answered all our questions. She loves the amount of space in her studio, it's large enough to be comfortable but not too much and doesn't overwhelm her. The staff encourages her to participate in activities but she is still adjusting. I ate there for lunch one day and was amazed, I thought the food was very good. She is a little more picky than I am. They do offer a variety of options during meal time though. The reason I scored them a four is I think some of the caregivers could have a better understanding of the elderly and could show more compassion.

We are satisfied with Brookdale

The food is good and they have a restaurant where you can choose your meals from a menu. The staff are nice and check on mom. We have good communication with them and they give her extra care when needed. They help with her medication. The community is well taken care of. We feel comfortable with her being there.

Good news, bad news.

This is a fine facility. The staff is wonderful. There is only
one elevator for three floors. There is no backup
generator for electricity.

The food is unbelievable low in taste and variety. It takes
a very long time to get the orders to the table.

Of the assisted living facilities in Auburn this is probably the
best. I think that the food is a large part of the satisfaction or lack thereof in an assisted living environment.

Very Friendly Staff

When we went there it was great and they made her feel very welcomed and they brought us refreshments while we were moving my loved one in and they introduced themselves and everyone was very friendly. Also when we went to dinner they accommodated the whole family.

Very Pleased With The Care

We are very pleased with the care our loved ones are receiving. We were in another facility and we had some very disappointing things happen and that was one of the reasons we came over to Brookdale Auburn.

care services very low

Dad has fallen several times here so I would rate the care services very low. They communication is very poor at Brookdale Auburn. They are pushing hospice care on dad and he has only been there a month. He was supposed to get a hospital bed and he has not received one yet. There is good and bad. But overall several things that are not good here.

very helpful

Every single person at Brookdale Auburn that has helped us, from the very start right up to now, have all been just extremely nice and helpful. They have gone out of their way to accommodate and assist in any way they can. They seem to really like their jobs and do a great job at it, and with a positive friendly attitude.

so far so good

They really care about my mom, and they seem to be very accomidating. Mom has not been there at Emeritus at Emerald Hills for that long, but so far so good.

Double room with points sta...

Double room with points starts at 4250. Additional charges can apply. Blood pressure is only taken once a week if you need it more then you need a nurse to come in. Bring your own bed, floors not clean, scratches all over the interior of the memory care unit. Looked more like a medical facility then a private pay. Administrator was not there she was in meetings all day. Too expensive and broken down for the money.

The chef is fabulous.

So far we are very happy with the experience. The place before Emeritus cost more money and the food was horrible. All of the help knows your first name. The help – every single person we’ve accounted has been above board as far as being nice goes. I’ve never seen anyone talk down to anyone. I don’t see anyone who is unhappy. The chef is fabulous. Some of the activities could be improved, but the activities girl is nice and just works her little head off and she’s always nice to everyone.

Clean friendly helpful and tons of personal care

We toured this facility but our mom at this time does not need this level of care. We were impressed by all it offered and may eventually need this

Very friendly staff, but not an option

The woman I spoke with at Emeritus was awesome! She was very friendly and answered all of my questions. Unfortunately when it came time for the tour there was a very noticeable odor, and it just wasn't something I could consider as an option for that reason.

Good So Far

They couldn't give my mother her medicine with out an okay from the doctor, other than that things have been okay so far. I've only talked to a few people but they were all really helpful and really nice so far.

I was prepared to be disappointed but...

I was prepared to be disappointed but I very much enjoyed the people and the place. I think my Mom will love it there - more country atmosphere. Price is competitive.

Brookdale Auburn is an assisted living and memory care community in Auburn, California. Nestled in the foothills of the Sierra Nevada foothills, Brookdale Auburn offers premiere senior care services just a short drive from the shopping and dining of downtown Auburn. We are just minutes from several medical centers and a short drive from Tahoe, giving residents the perfect combination of a convenient but tranquil lifestyle.

We offer two levels of care, including assisted living services for seniors who are looking for assistance with activities of daily living and memory care services for seniors living with Alzheimer's or a related form of dementia. Brookdale Auburn is an inviting community where residents enjoy connecting with each other over a card or board game or in one of several common areas.

Our community is set apart from traditional senior care communities by our extensive selection of services and luxurious amenities. Services and amenities include:

Outdoor walking paths and raised bed gardens
Full-service beauty salon
Chef-prepared meals served three times per day in our dining room
Scheduled transportation services