Sunshine House at Brookeville - Brookeville, MD

I couldn’t be happier about Mom’s new situation! It was tough to move her; but after being at Brookeville House Assisted Living for a month, she became quite content. They go to the library every few weeks and to other nearby events occasionally. There are monthly “Family Nights” where all the relatives of the residents come over for dinner and entertainment. We are welcome to visit any time. The food is great!

Evelyn [last name removed], the co-owner, gives me frequent updates by email. She quickly found local doctors who specialize in elder care for Mom and we transferred all of her records to them. Someone from the staff is on-site 24/7. A registered nurse visits regularly and is “on call.”

I never knew about assisted living group homes until I visited Brookeville House. For comparison, I looked at others and found them to be cramped and kind of depressing. Brookeville House is beautiful inside and out and is staffed with compassionate employees. I think Mom would have just vegetated in a larger assisted living center. Instead of just staying in her room, she comes down for meals and activities every day. I am confident she is in good hands.

I was lucky to find this House for my mother. I hope I am as lucky when my husband and I need assisted living!

Love this place

The caregivers and staff are the best I have ever encountered. My mom loves this place I couldn't be happier!! We were at the Solona before and it wasn't personal and really inappropriate.

I really like this place. ...

I really like this place. All the staff were so friendly!