Sunrise of Wall - Wall Township, NJ

Major Move for Judy

I moved my friend, [Name removed], from Massachusetts to Sunrise Wall and was concerned how she would adapt to such a change. She is in the Assisted Care level probably will move to Memory Care in the future.

[Name removed] has done well - gained weight now that she has three meals a day, has made some friends (she's not that social a person, but everything is available to her if she chooses).

The place is clean and staff friendly.

Facility clean, staff friendly and welcoming, residents engaged, basic apartment room sizes small. Overall nice place but move in fee was pricey.

They were there when we needed them.

We were scrambling to find a place for our mother when she was about to be discharged from the hospital and could not return to the community she had been in. We were so fortunate to have found this community through A Place for Mom and she is now in a safe and very caring place here. The memory care unit makes sure she stays active, the staff are well trained and very attentive. They did discover that mom has a broken hip and they are not sure when or how it happened so she is in rehab and will be returning here when she is discharged.

Adjusting but good so far

My mother-in-law moved here and things are going well so far. We are comfortable with the care and she is adjusting as well as expected. She partakes in activities that are appropriate to her medical limitations. We chose Sunrise Of Wall because they were able to meet her care needs better than the other communities we toured in the area.

Very nice place!

Overall we're very pleased with how things have turned out at Sunrise of Wall. Our loved one is in the memory care unit, and I think they do an excellent job! The staff is friendly, accommodating, and they seem well trained. The facility is clean and well kept, and its just a very positive environment in general! We've got no complaints!

They have done nothing that they told us they would do

She is there 7 weeks today. She has lost 8 pounds. They want to put her in hospice because she is not eating. That's funny because she eats when I'm there. There is nothing wrong with her. She has always been a slow eater, but after 30 minutes they stop feeding her. They never take her to the bathroom. She was never in a wheelchair at home. She walked in with a walker when she arrived. Now they have her in a wheelchair because they do not want to take the time to help her. In 7 weeks, they have done nothing that they told us they would do. [removed] She is 50 to 60% worse than she was when we brought her here. I feel that they want to put her in hospice because they do not want to take care of her.

Very Pleased With The Facility

My father was nervous about moving in, but he is very pleased about being there. They have made it very comfortable for him and we are very pleased with the kindness and the care and how happy he is there.

Very, Very Pleased

I have been very, very pleased. The Sunrise of Wall is a very nice community. The only thing is that my mom has to use a walker to get around. Most of the activities she can't join because the transportation does not have handicap access. She doesn't enjoy the meals but it may be because she is a picky eater. I would say she needs more supervision when it comes to eating. Other than that, This is a friendly and clean facility. Everything has been excellent.

This is a beautiful communi...

This is a beautiful community but it is strictly ala carte. Everything is extra. I have to move my mom because I can't afford what she needs there. However, if you can afford it...it is lovely, the nurses are outstanding.

Good but not Great

Sunrise of Wall is a beautiful place but I don't think it is the right place for my mom. She needs more care than they can provide and the cost is just to much for us as a family to handle. I also feel they are lax in getting her what she needs to become a thriving member of the community. All in all, not the place I thought it would be.

We found a 'place for mom'....

We found a 'place for mom'. Its just the right fit. Luxury but not to big and overpowering for a 90 year old. She moves in next week if all goes well. Thank you Catherine for all your help.

It's been really good, It's been great.

It's been really good, It's been great. There have been a few little things but no big deal, some times the residents wander, and little things go missing for a while. Those things are going to happen. The food's been great. I have kind of had to be on top of them making things happen, like showers and stuff like that. All in all it's a pretty good place.

liked a lot. toured with Ka...

liked a lot. toured with Kathy - nurse, and met John activities; walked in group playing balloon volleyball; most rem. space companion rooms; can walk around all night if wants; al space nice; only two med. beds in rem.

Mom is great here!

My Mom is really happy here, and seems to be doing much better since she moved in! There are so many activities and things to do that I can only seem to get ahold of her right before breakfast or bed, and that is just what I wanted for her. The rooms are bright and sunny, and the community is homey and easy to navigate
I also like that there are many different visiting physicians and physical therapy services, so a lot of options there.
It is a bit expensive, and the food could be better, but those seem to be common complaints for senior living in general.

Absolutely Gorgeous!

That was beautiful! Absolutely gorgeous. I would have preferred that one but there were two major problems. First, it was too far for me. I needed it to be closer. Second, their beginning price was our other option's ending price so they were more expensive. But it was absolutely gorgeous!

Just a quick drive from the boardwalk of charming Spring Lake, New Jersey and only a block away from shopping centers, Sunrise of Wall offers many activities and neighbors with small town hospitality. We pride ourselves in the friendliness and compassion of our team and their commitment to each resident and family member. To see for yourself what sets us apart, please join us for a complimentary lunch and personalized tour of the community.

Join us for a FREE SIMINAR! Veteran's Aid & Attendance Awards are available to Veteran's & their spouse! Learn about the income you could be missing.
Thursday, Sept. 27th 6:30pm