Atria Tinton Falls - Tinton Falls, NJ

He was very much aware of community benefits. Presented ways for my nephew to visit without car access.

Facility looks very nice from website. Cost is about $5,600/mo for 1 bedroom apartment. A few 1 bedroom options to choose from. Move in fee is 1x monthly cost - quite high. I visited on own and am taking my step mother on Friday. Very impressed with what I saw. They have availability and are willing to work with me.

Really nice place. Rooms/apts roomy and many great features and extras for residents. The residents look happy.

We were very impressed with the facility and the staff. Unfortunately due to my mother's needs we were unable to place her at this facility.

If We Could Move The Location Then It Would Be Perfect

I really thought my mom would have chosen this location than where she ended up but this was too far away from the family and where she still has a house. I thought this community would have been a good fit because they had so much to do she would have been busy all the time. The community was very clean really maintained well. The staff was nice very friendly everyone seemed to be happy .

The monthly program/events should be available online

The menu should be healthier. Cakes cookies and donuts are everywhere. For example my mom had two ice cream sandwiches for
Desert one night when I was visiting.

More exercise should be available

The staff is very friendly and helpful

The facility has a strong odor. A fresher smell would be better

I was told my bill would be emailed to me. It was not.

Knowledgeable tour guide!

Atria was absolutely beautiful. The reason we did not choose this community was because they could not meet the level of care that my mother would need. The tour guide did a fantastic job, though. The facility was well maintained and it was a good experience.

They strive to make sure the residents are comfortable.

Everything is wonderful at Atria. The staff have been helpful and attentive. They know who you are when you come to visit. The food is fine and they encourage the residents to come to the dining room at mealtimes. They have tremendous activities. The community is beautiful, clean, bright and well cared for. I would recommend this community.

A positive experience!

I really like the staff that is there at the Atria. They have been wonderful and make my mother feel comfortable. The facility is always very clean. They have a large variety of activities and my mother has joined a few. I would recommend this place because we have had a good experience so far.

Gorgeous facility, very nice and welcoming atmosphere. The woman I met with was very kind and they gave me an apple pie when I left. The apartments were nice. I felt it was secure, which is important. The grounds were pretty too.

Good Move for My Loved One

I'am very pleased with my aunts move to this community. Everything has worked out very well. They are taking very good care of her. The staff is great, it has been a pleasure working with them. It is a beautiful community. She is doing very well, and I would highly recommend this community.

This is a nice community and we are happy to know that it is very clean. The staff is very friendly and attentive her the needs for my mom's care. The food could use some improvements. She was happy with the activities and liked staying active. We would recommend this care and value of this nice community to other families.

They have gone out of their way to accommodate my mother..... Even driving to her house on a Sunday for her to sign contract!!!

incorrectly assessed my mom

Atria Tinton Falls incorrectly assessed my mom. They spent enough time with her that they should have known she wouldn't be a good fit here. I wasted a lot of my time and money at this facility. They should have been more professional. I thought the way mothers visit from the speech therapist was completely incorrect. It was as if they tested the wrong woman. They said my mom needed her food to be mashed up and I know that was not the case. How would you say in two weeks time her food needs to be mashed up? Mom was also in the ER three times this facility. For the price I paid they were supposed to be keeping a better eye on her. I would not recommend them to anyone due to how completely incorrectly they assessed my mom.

Katy Miller

We’re sorry to learn about your experience. We have shared your comments and concerns with our leadership team and welcome you to reach us at [removed] to discuss further.

very satisfied

We are very satisfied overall with Atria Tinton Falls . The staff members are really good about returning any phone calls. They are considerate of peoples requests. The staff always answer any questions we might have. I am just quite pleased with this facility.

I live in Florida. I recently flew up to visit family and see how my mother is faring at the memory center at the Atria. The minute I walked in I kept saying, Oh Wow!, this is lovely!. Didn't stop until I left! The staff is absolutely wonderful. You can immediately feel that they really care. My mother, along with all the other patients are treated with respect, patience, and receive an awesome quality of life. There are always crafts, mind stimulating conversations, and interesting activities. The dining room resembles a 5 star restaurant; the decor and food is top notch.
After spending a couple of hours watching the daily routines of, not just my mom, but all the others in Memory Care, I am so relieved, and feel so much better as I leave NJ, that my mom is in the best facility in NJ. She is lucky to have my Dad go there every day, but he is lucky as well, knowing if he doesn't go, she will still be singing Judy Garland and Frank Sinatra songs in the gathering room with many others, enjoying other ladies, crafts, chatter, tv, with highly qualified, caring staff. Kudos to you Atria! A+++

Atria was a nice place.

Atria was a nice place. I would rate them highly. It didn't end up being the best place for us. We were in the memory care, and it just wasn't where we needed to be. It's clean though and the staff is friendly.

Kate Vance

Thank you for your review. We'd like to learn more about your experience with Atria Tinton Falls. If you're open to continuing the conversation, please contact us at [removed].

Awesome

The Atria is awesome...it is spotless, the staff is awesome, it seems that they know everyone by name and greet them as such, they are more than helpful, they go above and beyond when a request is made. Food is great, and dining is always in a clean, well lit, friendly environment, never paper, always linen on the tables.
We are very comfortable !

they were excellent

They had a really good menu with excellent food. The supervisor and staff at Atria Tinton Falls were excellent. The only reason we left was to get independent living, as they only had assisted care. But it was a great experience and for anyone needing assisted living I would highly recommend Atria Tinton Falls.

Fantastic place!

Everything has been fantastic so far at Atria! It's an overall beautiful environment, the facility is clean and well kept and the grounds are lovely. Everyone is very friendly here, the staff are compassionate and nurturing, and the whole community just has a warm fuzzy feeling. They even do a fantastic job with the food! The care they offer is top notch, the nurses are skilled and professional. They also have a lot of different activities specifically for their memory care wing, which is always nice to see.

Overall I am pretty happy with the Atria.

They have gone out of their way, and bent over backwards to take care of her medical needs. I have yet to see a television on in the memory care unit. I see them on in the assisted living side, I would think that it would be nice to have some down time, to just sit and watch T.V. My only other complaint is that I have to supply the depends, which is fine, but I have to bring them. It would be nice if they had them there and I could just be charged for them, I live far away, and if she runs out that's quite a drive. The food is pretty good here. Overall I am pretty happy with the Atria. They are clean and friendly, with good care.

Everything has been lovely, they are very good.

Everything has been lovely, they are very good. We had some growing pains when we first got there. We were able to be on top of things, we have a lot of family to advocate for our loved one. They responded to our feedback and we are much happier. It takes time for them to get to know the new resident and the family. Their social activities are fantastic, just about anything you can think of to do. People are out in the common room, and talking and doing things. She has totally perked up socially since she has been there. The food is good. I would say that just because a person is able-bodied and mostly independent, they still need to be checked on. I am thrilled with our decision. I love the look of the place, I feel proud telling people where she is. They are fantastic!

It's very, very clean, and they try hard....

It's very, very clean, and they try hard. For the most part they are friendly. They need more aides per group, in my mothers group they only have two aides for 21 people. The aides also have to do dining room service as well, except cooking, at least in the Life Guidance area. It's always a different aide coming in, they don't get the chance to get to know an aide. It's hard to get a straight answer. They ask all about my mom and what her interests are, but they don't tailor the activities to her. We have had to go looking for laundry before, we did find it though. I got sold based on the social worker that was there, and they are supposed to be contacting the family once a week, and I haven't gotten any calls at all, except in the beginning. They have a very pretty garden, but I don't ever see them out there.

Kate Vance

Thank you for writing and making us aware of your concerns. It sounds like there may be some communication difficulties and we want make sure we can get those resolved. We welcome you to contact us at [removed] so we may gain a better understanding of how we can help and if you include “Atria Tinton Falls” in your subject line, we can quickly include the right people in the correspondence. We look forward to helping you and your mother get the most out of your experience with our community.

I loved Atria, but my mom t...

I loved Atria, but my mom thinks it's too far away.

Kate Vance

Thank you for submitting a review of your tour. It is wonderful to hear that you loved our community and I’m sorry our location is not convenient for your family. If you would like information on some of our other communities nearby or we can be of further help to you, please contact us at [removed] and be sure to include “Atria Tinton Falls” in your subject line.

The Atria was well maintained, and a beautiful facility.

The Atria was well maintained, and a beautiful facility. I liked it, I think it was a classy operation. I had a friends mother who was there and she loved it.

Really puts me at ease

So far our experience has been great. The staff really stays on top of things, and is good about communicating any problems that occur. It makes me feel so much better knowing how vigilant they are, and knowing that they'll notify me immediately if any issues come up. The facility itself is beautiful, it's got a bright and airy feel that we really like. The memory care unit itself is small and secure, which is what we were looking for. They've also got plenty of activities which Mom has been getting involved in.
There have been a few minor issues, but it has mostly been things like her room needing tidying up when I visit.

Seems to be working out!

I didn't visit this community personally, but I helped my sister and brother-in-law find it, and they seem to be doing very well there. All the staff I talked to during the process were very nice, and they did a good job of communicating with my brother-in-law, who was very reluctant to move it first. My sister has had very good things to say about the community in general.
I was concerned when I was notified about extra charges on their bill the first month, but when I asked about them a nurse, and then the head of nursing got back to me very quickly to explain the extra care that was needed, and I really appreciated that quick communication.

Looked really nice!

This was our second choice when we were looking into options for Mom. It was a nice looking place, and the staff were very friendly. We ended up choosing another community, Mom likes to stay busy and the residents here didn't seem to be quite as active as Mom was hoping for. Still, a great looking place overall!

Very nice, so far

My Mom has not been here long, but so far everything has been great. It's a nice looking community, very clean. The staff are friendly and helpful, and the care seems very good.
The place has a very good reputation, and from what we have seen so far it is well deserved, we're very happy with it.

Mom is enjoying her stay

This is the community we eventually selected for Mom, and she seems to really be enjoying it. Mom is really over the moon about the food, I have tried it myself, and it is delicious! We also like the size of the community, big enough to feel busy, but not overwhelmingly large like some that we visited.
There have been a occasional issues with shortages on certain minor comfort items, but other than that I really have no complaints!

Good Community

Our loved one was here a very short amount of time; she just ended up needing a higher level of care. The community is very nice and well kept. The staff was friendly and helpful. The food was decent and they had enough activities for the residents. Everything was fine during the time we were there, we really have not complaints.

Atria Tinton Falls is a lively, inviting community with all the comforts of home. Though the community is conveniently located near the Jersey shore and major highways, our residents enjoy the peace and beauty of a private wooded backdrop in suburban Monmouth County. Residents can take advantage of a full social calendar that includes trips to Atlantic City, Monmouth Park and local beaches.

Atria Tinton Falls is an American Assisted Living Nurses Association Platinum Award winner and was named Best Independent Living in Monmouth County for 2011 in the Asbury Park Press "Best of the Best" Readers Choice Awards.