Sunrise of San Mateo - San Mateo, CA

Nice facility and staff. Great memory care program. Small shared rooms. Extra charge for everything.

I feel very good that my Mom is here

This place is fabulous. They have activities that really make the residents feel good, the people that work there are amazingly considerate and kind, and they’re very understanding. The facility is very clean and I’m impressed with it. When I’ve tried the food, it’s been very good. They have a wide selection on the menu so there are a lot of options to choose from. They provide daily exercise classes, games, bocce ball, group crosswords, bingo, entertainment, and movies. There’s a lot to participate in. They’ve even taken everyone to the opera and the theater. I think [Removed], the man that runs everything, is really on top of things. It’s hard to find good, caring people in this kind of industry but everyone here is very caring. I would recommend them to others.

A Nice Program And Adequate For Another Family

We thought another place was better after seeing this community. This would have been adequate for another family and only offered a semi-private room. It was not a good fit but their program seemed fine.

This truly was the ideal place for Grandma. It was warm and welcoming and spelled like freshly baked cookies. I wanted to move in there. Trish, the woman who gave us a tour, seemed to know most if not all the residents and staff. The only drawback was the price, which was slightly high, but that may not stop us from coming back.

My Wife's Visit

They were a nice facility, They are for senior living and a small part is for memory care. We needed a devotional memory care. It was on a restricted 4th floor and the only outdoor exposure was on a balcony. The facility had many floor levels. This was not a fit for us.

A larger community!

The staff were nice during our tour of Sunrise. This community is in a different league than the community we chose. They are larger and it felt stuffy there. It is a beautiful community.

Everyone was very friendly when we toured.

Sunrise is a very nice facility. Everyone was very friendly when we toured. It was a little on the expensive side for us and wasn't really a viable option. This is a five out of five for me.

very nice

My mother has been at Sunrise of San Mateo for about a month and is doing very well. All of the staff is extremely friendly and considerate. Any time my brother or I stop in to check on her, she is always involved in some sort of activity and is very happy. She had an incident the other day with her dementia, and the staff has been very good about handling her and keeping us engaged and informed. They have been very nice to her, as well as to my brother and I.

ok

The facility at Sunrise of San Mateo is exceptionally clean, and the sales woman we worked with was great.

I would like to see more English fluent care givers interacting with the residents. I also think they should have more variety on the activities. They seem to be a bit understaffed and possibly under-trained as the care givers have to do everything, including the activities and preparing the meals (the food could be improved), which I know other places have dedicated personnel to handle.

I loved very much touring S...

I loved very much touring Sunrise senior living. This is a wonderful place for mom. I am still in the deciding mode but this would be a place I would choose.

Their sense of warmth and hominess wa...

Their sense of warmth and hominess was present as soon as you walked. The staff is fabulous, on-the-spot and extremely warm and welcoming.

The grounds are beautiful. The interior furnishings are extremely pleasant to look at and very comfortable to sit in. There are very many areas both outside and inside where you can have visitors come. The entire facility is very clean.

They're very competitive in price and - this was just good timing on our part - they waived the move-in fee as a special.

They have a nursing staff available as well.

Met with community relations director...

Met with community relations director. Very lively residents; nice private rooms; great sitting areas throughout for reading and visiting; activities for just about everyone; Dreyers ice cream on the menu would be a hit with mom. Definitely will consider this facility, its various levels of services, and philosophy of care.

About Sunrise of San Mateo

Sunrise of San Mateo offers a homelike and nurturing setting with personal services and engaging activities for seniors of all life stages. Located just minutes away from downtown San Mateo, California, our residents may enjoy a variety of fine dining, shopping and attend churches, or choose to take a walk to our very own San Mateo Central Park to relax in the lovely rose garden, stroll through the Japanese Tea Garden and enjoy the Historical Botanical Garden. We open our doors to our local community events and encourage cultural diversity, and intergenerational events. At Sunrise of San Mateo, residents and their families will experience the Sunrise Difference.